Sun Tan City Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun, competitive, fast paced sales position.
SALON DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Awesome place to work. I have been employeed here for 5 years. Its a very fun environment, sales position job. I have been promoted multiple times and now I run my own store.
Mostly friendly staff and management. Customers are great and always open to trying new things based off of your knowledge.
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 11, 2017
The employees at Sun Tan City should be paid more considering the many goals we have to make each month and the sales that need to made each day. Over all friendly customers and nice staff. Manage needs some improvement at a few locations and pay should be increased.
Pros
Discounts and free tanning
Cons
Short breaks, hours cut in off season, stressful monthly goals
Productive, fast paced and fun environment
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 10, 2017
Building relationships with clients in all salons
Upholding the standards of Sun Tan City and Core Values
Training/Coaching all leaders and employees
Ever-evolving job, learning something new each day
Pros
free tanning, building your own teams, and getting to know clients
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, married to job
Great Franchise
Salon Director in Training (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 6, 2017
The busy is busy slow is very slow. Upper management always works toward "filling the gaps" this is a "trendy" workplace so there are many new things to learn constantly. Management has realistic expectations and are very negotiable to employee needs.
Great job while you're in college
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 5, 2017
Sun Tan City was the perfect place to work while in school. Their training is surprisingly very detailed and sets you up to succeed by teaching you how to sell! The bonus structure is easy to understand and the numbers are constantly updated. If you're a competitive person you'll do well because everybody's sales are posted on the wall in the office to motivate the sales team.
Best job ever!!
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 5, 2017
I loved working here. All of my co workers and clients were so great to be around and made working fun. While you do make commission, I believe you should get raises on your hourly pay based off of performance because some employees never meet sales performance quota and some people exceed it every month and should be compensated more for that. Overall loved the job and no other complaints!!
Pros
Great staff, opportunities, commission, fun
Stc
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNSeptember 3, 2017
This job is super fun. I love the competitive atmosphere and all my co workers. I do think that if you have a big outside life as far as being involved in family and other social things STC won't be for you. Its hard to balance your life. You have to be extremely flexible and willing to work at anytime scheduled or not.
Pros
Paid time off and fun outside events. Free Tanning
Cons
Schedule will change a lot
Fun and fast paced
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2017
Though there are dead periods in slow season, we make up for it as the season picks up with fast paced sales, fun, educating clients, company outings and more!
Pros
benefits, commission, discounts, free tanning, flexible hours, team atmosphere
Cons
working over time when allowed, missing out on important things that mean something to you when times are difficult to avoid
Poor management
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 28, 2017
During my time at Sun Tan City, I experienced very poor management and lack of consistency. Throughout my time, they had trouble holding down staff because people were so unhappy working there.
Terrible Work Environment
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2017
Working at Sun Tan City was a terrible experience. The daily work load was put on a single person and the management did nothing to help. Most workers were lazy and the hard-working workers were always taking the blame for things they did not do. Management pushed their job onto regular workers and then got upset when it was not done. Overall the only good thing I have to say about this place is that I made a few good friends along the way. Other than that, I do not recommend ever working for his establishment.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
terrible management, no breaks, tedious and strenuous labor
Fast paced and fun workplace
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2017
Sun Tan City was a competitive, fast paced and at times a physical job. Although there would be nights I would leave work exhausted, it was a very fun job and I met a lot of awesome people.
Love Sun Tan City
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisAugust 21, 2017
One of the best jobs I've ever had! Loved my team! Loved the benefits, loved everything! Except my manager, she was rude and greedy and disrespectful!
Pros
Pay, advancement, incentives, tanning
Cons
Manager
I love the friends that I have made there, hwever there is a lot of drama I did not expect.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part would have to be all the friends I have made there, I work with some great girls. management is not the best, there is a lot of drama within the work place. At work I make sure the stories clean, I clean all the beds once the customers get out, I keep up with laundry, and I wait on customers.
Not an organized place to work, very poor management
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 16, 2017
I worked at Sun Tan City for close to a year and a half and it was CONSTANTLY unorganized and filled with drama. Nothing was ever consistent and management was extremely poor.
Pros
Tanning for free
Cons
No breaks, rude management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 13, 2017
Got to stay on your toes sometimes. The more you know your stuff the better outcome for you, when it came to selling products/tanning packages. You can free tanning if you work there.
Fun work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 11, 2017
Fun, fast-paced environment. Friendly staff and management. Great opportunities for advancement and great benefits. The management team is incredibly patient and helpful.
Productive learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNAugust 9, 2017
Sun tan city was fun and energetic place. Working there has taught me a lot about skin and how smart tanning. Teaching customers the safe products to us and knowing skin types.
Pros
Free tanning, half off products
poor management and poor money
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 8, 2017
This was not a good place to work. I did not get paid enough for the amount of responsibilities i had. I was working 16+ hour days because any time someone was hired they would quit within a week.
Worst job I had!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 8, 2017
Everyone was rude, the managers had their "favorites" which in all honesty shouldn't be legal in the work force if you ask me. I think everyone should be treated the same whether you like them or not, or whether your bestfriend is there!! Everyone should be treated the same!!!!
Pros
Leave early when it wasn't busy
Cons
Short breaks
A busy day ahead.
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 7, 2017
When I arrive at work, there is a lot of cleaning to do while having fun and socializing with clients and co-workers. My job is busy at the most part along with trying to tidy up, fold laundry, check in clients, and cleaning beds. Overall, it is a fun job with a lot of benefits!
Pros
Free tanning and half off products!
Cons
No breaks and no cell phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Tan City. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9