SUN TECHNICAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Good company
CM Principal-CM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXAugust 18, 2015
This was a short-lived position because the company I was supporting dissolved but during the time I worked for SUN (Start Up Nuclear) it was a professionally-run organization, ensured all training and employee orientation was up to date, fostered a good working relationship with the customer and treated the employees with respect. Because SUN is dispersed all over the US, they had a representative HR permanently stationed on site at this work location which made for great coordination and smooth relations with any issues or questions SUN employees had. I would work for this company again.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, tax-free per diem for 12 months
Cons
No guarantees about job security, especially in the nuclear industry
Good salary, good recruiters
Journeyman Instrument Mechanic - Nuclear (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNApril 6, 2013
As a nuclear I&C Technician, my overall experience with SUN Technical Services was good. They are very good at placing candidates and pay competitive wages for the area and company in which the contract is with. My paycheck was always accurate and on time.
Pros
good salary, good recruiters
Cons
limited benefits package
Job shopper
Field Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNOctober 19, 2015
Friendly personnel easy to get along with and do what they say. From the dealings I have had with them they just supply personnel to major contractors.
contract headhunters
Instrumentation & Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Fermi-2 NGS, DC Cook NGS, Brown's Ferry NGSAugust 16, 2012
Sun Technical found me 4 different contract nuclear jobs in 2003 (at 3 different locations). At DC Cook NGS in Bridgman, Michigan I was working 7-12s on swing/graveyard and making $3K/week after taxes ($30/hour base & overtime & per diem). I&C supervisor put me in charge of training a new I&C technician apprentice from Operations. (I was previously an I&C Training Instructor at Mohave Generating Station in Laughlin, Nevada.) I also installed wiring and calibrated instrumentation at this plant.
Pros
laughed all the way to the bank ... and saved most of my wages.
Cons
thousands of miles from my family for months. (my children are all over 21 now.)
Fast Paced, High Pressure, Time Critical Job
Project Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 12, 2014
Extremely fast paced, interesting work involving many different work groups
Pros
great pay and per diem
Cons
excessive hours
My Experience with this Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNApril 27, 2012
I was definitely very busy all day, if people weren't at my desk, I was answering e-mails and phone calls. I enjoyed most everyone that I worked with. I enjoy working with a team of people and learning more everyday.
Pros
the people i worked with.
Cons
not enough money for the job that i was doing.
Neat place to work
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNOctober 23, 2014
I wish I was still working here because I want to be a part of the history they are making at that site.
Pros
good money
Cons
find your own healthcare and dental
Great People to work with
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2014
The feeling in the office is outstanding. The ability for upward mobility is not the best.

2.4