Role and Responsibilities:
Seeking an eager-to-learn technical minded individual interested in learning more about renewable energy and pursuing a career in sustainable design. This position will be trained on how to design solar hot water systems including both domestic hot water and space heating systems.
The position will work on projects including:
- Creative new product design and development
- Preparation of system schematics (2D).
- Creation of technical manuals
- Providing technical support to customers + installers
- 3D modeling / prototyping
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Must have a strong technical background and/or a willingness and ability to undergo steep learning curve in all areas. It is not expected the applicant will have experience in solar thermal specifically (not many people do!), we only require the candidate has a strong technical aptitude and willingness to learn. Preference will be given to applicants who exhibit self-motivation, pride and a strong desire to play an important role in a rapidly expanding Solar company.
- Experience with computer based tools for sizing and drawing systems
- Flexible schedule, ability to travel internationally / domestically.
- Dedicated full time position.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Autocad and/or in-design
- Experience with HVAC
- Experience with solidworks / autocad, or other 3d modeling software.
Base Salary $35,000-$45,000 DOE + health / 401k plan