Location: San Diego, CA (covering San Diego County)
Role of a Sales Executive:
SunWize sells energy solutions to businesses and public entities through Power Purchase Agreements (“PPA’s”). Our focus is 200kW to 2MW projects for private, mid-market, family-owned, and unrated credit entities. The role of the Sales Executive is to establish new and support existing regional partner relationships in addition to identifying direct opportunities. Leads are provided by telemarketing and direct targeted marketing. Sales Executives will develop and close winning money saving PPA agreements for this growing market by leveraging SunWize’s 20 year history, successful in providing solar electric power across the USA and an innovative captive financing program.
Sales Executives are required to travel to customer sites across their assigned territories 60% of the time. The remaining 40% is phone contact and account management. This position is also required to use Salesforce to profile and track their pipeline through completion. Partnering with our internal estimation and finance teams is an extremely important element of this position as well as handing off signed PPA’s to our EPC/Finance teams for construction and monetization.
- Prospect for new customer leads by seeking out entities with high energy cost/strong solar footprint, networking, teaming with Channel partners, attending trade shows, and through other marketing initiatives.
- Prioritize leads and focus on highest return and best probability outcome.
- Review site feasibility using satellite imagery tools and site survey data and perform basic calculations to determine appropriate system size.
- Assist in gathering information for engineering and construction teams to develop optimum system configurations and accurate project cost estimates.
- Draft proposals from standard format and present to customers. Present our standard PPA agreement to customers.
- Obtain required internal approvals prior to submittal of proposals and contracts.
- Follow the Company’s strategic objectives and sales goals.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in coordination with sales and marketing directives.
- Effectively communicate and document results for internal and external customers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 year’s experience with direct (face to face) customer sales, ideally in energy or service related fields.
- Understanding of solar energy models and the ability to translate that into a tangible saving value proposition for the customer.
- Ability to understand rate structures and contractual obligations and convey these to customers in a simple, thorough manner.
- Self-starter; motivated on your own, with the ability to take general direction from Management.
- Ability to build an ever expanding network of customers and business development channels in order to grow sales opportunities.
- Solid interpersonal and detail oriented organizational skills.
- A proven verbal and written communicator with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong computer application skills including PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office.
- Prior use of Salesforce or similar CRM tool as a way to manage pipeline and project opportunities.
- Ability to provide 2-3 references from prior employer(s) who can validate your ability to be successful in a sales role.
- Willingness to comply with Company policies and procedures.
- High level of integrity with a strong focus on ethical conduct and prudent judgment in all business dealings in order to represent SunWize appropriately.
- Travel within the assigned territory is required up to 60% and must be able to do so without direct daily supervision.
Delivering sustainable energy solutions to leading public and private organizations for over twenty years, SunWize is a global Engineering, Procurement, and Construction company, a premier Distributor of sustainable energy products, and a Developer of engineered solutions for mission-critical projects. We provide Businesses, Government Agencies and our Dealers with the resources they need to execute sustainable energy projects on time and within budget.
Compensation and Benefits:
SunWize offers a competitive salary plus a fully comprehensive benefits program and commission based on an objective achievement.
As a Sales Executive, base compensation is provided for a range of 40% - 60% of total targeted compensation, depending on the individual and territory. Variable commission is provided based on contract sales volume for the remainder of compensation.
Our benefits include a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/vision/life/disability program, and a generous vacation package.
Sunwize is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.