Sunbelt Credit Employee Reviews

Not the best company
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2017
Not a great company to work for, atmosphere very dry not fun, expensive benefits low pay and no days off, no room for growth, worked weekends and OT often
Small space but overall can be rewarding to be able to help someone
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 12, 2016
Typically your normal everyday 9-5. Was mostly responsible for taking applications and having all needed information available for manager to be able to approve or deny for a loan. Also was responsible for keeping all files updated and in order. While working here, I learned how to make split decisions and also how to make decisions on just information alone. This was a really close space to work in but overall my coworkers and I got alone. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I did not make a decision to loan to someone who had no intentions on repaying.
Small finance company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 16, 2016
This company does not invest in their employees.
I was hired as a manager in training by one supervisor for an agreed upon salary and was notified I would train for the next three months in several office to help train me for a future management position within the company. At the end of my ninety days of training within the company I was offered a permanent assistant managers position with a pay decress and was told if I did not accept it that there was no position available for me and they would accept my resigination at that point.
I accepted the position due to at the time I needed my employment however I do and did not agree with the way they treat their employees.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Camdenton, MOMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here and would have stayed if I had not been required to visit customers homes. It was easy to climb the ladder and I enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
Quickly climbing the ladder
Cons
Visiting customers homes
Receptionist position
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMarch 28, 2016
My day started out at 10am, i would come in and get my files ready before the customers would roll in like clock work. I spent my day filing and sending out emails along with deal with the payments for the customers. I had three ten minute break which was nice and i worked ten hours each day. I loved that i could work closely with my bosses and help them as well as learn from them. The only cons in the position was no health Benefits.
Pros
Good bosses and relaxing environment
Cons
no healthcare.
Productive, Fast Paced and amazing office staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Constant contact with clients. Amazing teamwork from all coworkers. I constantly learned to things about my position. I enjoyed interacting with clients in person and on the phone. I enjoyed helping our clients get approved for loans to help them with whatever issue they were needing the loan for. The office staff was amazing and everyone got along and worked together.
Senior assistant manager
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BROWNSVILLE, TXSeptember 24, 2015
• Administrative work - Balance employees boxes, bank disbursements and deposits, daily reports and Loans - Meet goals, collect, customer service, check credit worthiness
Pros
GOOD COMPENSATION, GOOD STAFF
Cons
LONG HOURS WITH NO EXTRA PAY
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXAugust 18, 2015
Did not enjoy working for this company, l no respect for its empoyees. or their clients needs, hardest part of the job our clients were expected to make a choice between their home necessities or making their payments.
Fast paced
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 3, 2015
Multi tasking and working together as a team was very rewarding. Being able to help clients with building credit and financial needs. The hardest was working in collections.
Was a good place to work
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland ,FlMay 31, 2015
Mariner Finance bought out Sunbelt Credit in July 2014. Do not have any job security anymore. I have worked here for 6 years
this job should be for someone that has no family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville TexasApril 23, 2015
had very little job/family balance, had to work very long hours. Had to also use my personal vehicle to go to peoples houses to try and collect payments from them.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
had to work every weekend only had sundays off and late hours
Clean work enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FlMarch 3, 2015
Did small loans and collected past due accounts. The hardest part of job was turning down people who needed loans. The best part was helping people in need of money.
Pros
Company paid for employee healthcare
Cons
Having to work every last day of month until 8pm
Mislead prior to hiring as to job function
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 28, 2015
I was poorly trained for my position as branch manager with this organization. I was also mislead as to what the company did and what my responsibilities as the branch manager of my own store. I had approximately 2-3 weeks of training prior to being placed in my own store and never received any future training. I was told that Sunbelt's main goal/function was to educate and assist people with financial troubles. Instead, in my opinion, it was a sub-prime predatory loan company specifically searching out people who would never be able to pay their loans back and then taking them to small claims court to obtain approval to garnish the wages of individuals already struggling to pay bills.
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  1374 Hwy 491 Gallup NM 87301February 9, 2015
This is by far my most exciting and best experience I have had. I enjoyed every minute of working there and meeting new people everyday.
sunbelt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee OklahomaJanuary 26, 2015
The company has good benefits and pay for my area. It has other oppurtunities for movement in company.
Very Good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 24, 2014
I reviewed what my financial goals were for the week. I also reviewed my personal collections percentage daily. I've learned how to collect funds owed to the company via telephone and field visits. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job would be the collections aspect. It's difficult to sometimes collect money from clients who are experiencing a financial crisis.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Healthcare benefits weren't good.
Productive and fun place to work
customer services representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 25, 2014
Great co workers. Spend great time getting to know the job together and learning together
Enjoyable part of the day was the whole day.
A great place to work
Busy Company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Processed personal loans for customers. Through Credit Bureau, Car titles, personal properties. Set up files,faxed, contacted customers for payments, customer service, processed payments, bank drops.
Cons
Going into the field to collect payments.
Very stressful and Changing environment
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 4, 2013
This company's management is very unorganized and has poor communication throughout the company. The supervisors for this company are very insensitive to worker's personal life, as well as their emotional state. Their insensitivity causes much turmoil with coworkers throughout the workday.
The hours that are required for this position causes much conflict with a family lifestyle. There is no set work hours, and the overtime required gets very impulsive at times.
Through all of these conflicts, I have learned very valuable assets in the business field. Self control and time management is a key factor in this field. I have learned to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task to keep customer flow more effective and productive.
The most enjoyable part about this job, although it gets very tiring at times, is how there is always something to do to keep your mind occupied and busy.
Pros
competitive benefits, goal commission, overtime
Cons
hours vary, communication, pay vs work put in, not flexible
co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 23, 2013
Love working with customer.
The hardest was leaving my customer and co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Credit. Our community is ready to answer.