Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  N/AJanuary 25, 2017
There's no other company I'd rather spend time contributing to. The people here make Sunbelt great, family-like atmosphere where people know your name and actually care about your well being. Safety is absolutely the #1 priority, as it should be. There is great work/life balance and you're compensated for time worked. Great benefits, 401k matching is available and a really solid Paid Time Off policy!

Sunbelt is a place to launch your CAREER not just "have a job". If you're looking to punch in and punch out, Sunbelt may not be for you. Tons of room for upward growth into logistics, operations or sales. The support office also has opportunities in accounting, finance, marketing, IT, and HR.

Bottom line: Sunbelt values its people, has an awesome work culture and does the right thing by both their customer and employees.
Former Employee
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Great company if you brown nose. They do have great benefits and pay. The store manger is very unprofessional . He speaks to you very badly. They expect you to do the impossible when loading and making delivery's and pick ups. If you work hard and do your job you are treated very unfarly. But if you slack off and don't do your job and brown nose as possible then you are treated like gold!
Pros
Pay, benefits, vaction time
Cons
Store mangement, upper mangement
Worst Company Ever!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 13, 2016
I worked at the Theodore, AL scaffold location for all of three months and in that time, five people were fired over complete nonsense, myself included. I was hired on to be a class A delivery driver at a brand new location and ended up spending most of my time painting, installing insulation, and running electrical. All of which I'm experienced at, but not why I was hired. They don't accept outside forklift certs so you have to do their training, which lasted all of five minutes literally. They sent me to Montgomery, AL for CDL training and the people there didn't know the first thing about FMCSR, CSA, weight restrictions and axle ratings. What a complete joke this place is. Management only cares about themselves and their little pets. If you're not in that clique, you can forget it, because you'll be out on your butt before your 90 days is up. So beware and stay as far away from this company as humanly possible.
Pros
Home nightly, good pay/hours
Cons
Underhanded management, work atmosphere
Professional Environment
Workers Compensation Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 24, 2017
SBR is growing. Employees are building long term careers with the challenging workplace. SBR provides great work tools with the latest technology. The benefits are great.
Pros
Workplace is comfortable and training is available.
Cons
Location is Fort Mill, SC
Heavy equipment mechanic and hydraulic repairman (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Great place to work. Advancement is a little slow but it's a good place to work. The management is a little top heavy but not bad.
Pros
Pay is good with lots of overtime in the field.
Cons
Management is top heavy. To many chiefs and not enough Indians
good company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mabelvale, ARAugust 26, 2016
Visiting offices and jobsites, taking orders from customers in person and by phone. Very competitive industry. Management was good along with all co-workers. Getting someone to rent from me that already had a relationship with a competitor. Being outside in the day to day elements was the part I liked. Being able to visit with customers and taking them to lunch was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good service
Cons
price
Was a 16 year vet before leaving
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2016
Worked my way up from a yard guy to outside sales. Most people within the company get a long well. No real training to prepare you for taking the next step in your career. Biggest issue is that management is a bit of a boy's club. If you don't severely kiss butt or go out drinking with the leadership you will not advance like most people would imagine they should.
Pros
Decent compensation, Company phone and tablet, A ton of locations that you do have a possibilty to transfer to, Relocation available in some cases.
Cons
No company truck for sales reps, provide your own with a reimbursement plan that doesn't quite cover everything, Proper training to advance your career is pretty much non existent.
Learned a few things, management needs change
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 19, 2016
I did not have a good experience working here, management does a lot of unethical practices in the HR benefits department. They only care about who has been there longer. No room for growth in the benefits department, team was not willing to take the time to train very uncomfortable environment expectations too high not enough feedback.
Pros
benefits, location
Cons
No training, to much expectations, treat employees unfairly
Liked it
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 11, 2017
I worked as a mechanic there, performing maintenance and repair on the rental equipment. For the most part it was mechanic and electrical. I learned some addition sales skills since Sunbelt believes everyone can participate in helping sales. My manager was fairly new at the job so I really should not comment on that. The job culture could use some improvement, However I would not dink it. The hardest part of my job was getting parts. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting customers.
Productive and family oriented
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Family oriented company and work environment all aound is great with incredible opportunities to grow. Time management was incredible learning experience and having to work with other stores to comply with all needs to be completed through out the week
good management and a great work enviroment
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 17, 2017
I worked there almost 15 years and enjoyed every day of it. I looked forward to coming to work everyday, it was very enjoyable and prosperous for me and my family. I would to be back with sunbelt because I know I am a great asset to the Sunbelt Team !!!
Pros
Excellent Pay and Great Benefits !!!
Cons
Had to work some saturdays.., LOL
Regional Management inexperienced.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 1, 2016
Sunbelt promotes from its own ranks, but they have zero clue about local markets, cultures, etc. I call Sunbelt the "JV" team compared to local competition.
Pros
New equipment, manager salary and perks
Cons
low pay, inadequate training, unreasonable off season expectations
Non Productive work place, poor working conditions, poor leadership
Diesel Technician/Yardsman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 22, 2016
No guidance, management doesnt care about any of their employees
Always worrying about your job status.

Management held grudges against people they didnt like.
Would get written up without any notification of what you did wrong.
Pros
healthcare
Fun place to work and learned alot.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 12, 2016
Manager was very nice and taught me a lot. I learned how to operate equipment I have never used before. If you work hard you will be rewarded. The most enjoyable part of job was the training.
Pros
overtime
False Promises
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  N/AJune 1, 2016
The environment was somewhat friendly. The workplace was driven by favoritism. Not a great chance for advancement with my experience. You are told one thing and it never happens. You are poorly compensated with the work you put in, so essentially you have nothing to show for it. People do not take blame for their mistakes and that creates a lot of problems internally. Lackluster leadership is an understatement. With my experience here, it seemed to me that having a college degree was frowned upon, so I wasn't given a proper chance from the start with my colleagues. Greed and lack of cooperation was my pet peeves with this company. When you accept a job on the counter, keep in mind the turnover rate is high and you are expendable.
Pros
Valuable experience
Cons
Profit sharing, Leadership, Healthcare, Cut Overtime Hours
good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 9, 2017
fun work environment and great place to live out childhood dreams of driving and operating heavy machinery. My coworkers were enjoyable at times and management was funny.
Worst company Ive Ever worked for
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2016
If your a Driver or Mechanic You are the bottom feeder.
You will be treated like you don't matter. Corporate wants the drivers to load/Unload in 30 minutes. But yet they push safety.
From what I have seen this is impossible to do in there timeline safely.
If you are a Mechanic you are pushed by management looking over your shoulder to check out the equipment without fixing major problems because they are more concerned about there performance numbers than safety.
I used to look forward to coming in and doing my job but now I can't wait to find another job.
There are plenty of other companies out there with better compensation. the company Moral is miserable.
Pros
Home Every Night. No weekend work
Cons
Management, Moral, the Corporate feel. Pay. benifits
fast paced and challenging
Shop Forman (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2016
expect the unexpected,always be prepared for anything
love what you do keep your ducks in a row ,management does the best as they can provided assistance and training most rewarding part of the day accomplishing the task at hand.
Pros
The customers meeting new people
Great company
CDL B Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 28, 2016
this is one of the best company i have worked for. The only downside is a little underpaid, but as far as every other end the company is great. This company provides every driver with and iPhone to be used as a work phone and personal phone so you eliminate your own personal phone bill. no one over your head everyday and a start time of the same time everyday no matter what the hardest part of this job id the safe loading and unloading of the actual equipment  This company also provides profit share every month
Pros
cell phone, consistent hrs, great home time, gain osha certifications
Cons
inexperience in the dispatch office
If you're an experienced rep, stay away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 3, 2016
If you like being being watched all the time, this is the place for you ! Not competitive in pricing. Delivery is terrible as they use mostly outside trucking.
Pros
Cons
Management could careless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9