Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Good First Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2017
I was at Sunbelt for a summer as an intern. I was in their first round of interns so we were both learning how the process goes as we went along. I think I got a good introduction to the work place there.
Not good.
CDL Driver Class A. Transportation (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 16, 2017
Very Cut Throat environment to work at. The management team is all about numbers when it comes to the daily dealings with the employees and have no interpersonal skills to deal with their subordinates at the Davie terminal.
Management disconncected from field workers
Customer Satisfaction & Performance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers and organizing training for the team. I was able to travel locally to different stores to team build and engage with customers and employees.
The difficult part was no clear directions and vision from upper management.
Great Working Environment
Hoist Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2017
Great culture and working environment, but limited room for growth. Thoroughly enjoy working for this company. Company provides flexibility for personal matters.
Na
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 3, 2017
They went out of business in my area and re-located in another city later in the year. They were not a trustworthy company to work for during the time I was there.
Respectible
Driver CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 30, 2017
As I have not worked here for 4 years, with that said. Sunbelt is O.K. IN MY BOOK. AFTER being in the driving work environment for other company's in the last 4 years. Sunbelt is fair and just. To all that read, remember there are two kinds of people in this world in the work environment. Those who have all the time in the world and no money, then there's people who have no time in the world and lots of money. THINK ABOUT IT MAN CAUSE IT'S A FACT.
Pros
Great pay
slow paced, relaxed atmosphere
Shop Foreman/Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2017
Good for someone wanting a slow paced work environment. would be a good entry level position. Management is not the best but I have worked for worse. Overall its a good place to work.
Advancement is weak and lacking
Yard Assistant / Small Engine Mechanics Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2017
Management needs to understand their employees and take care of them instead of always seeing the bottom dollar. There was not a lot to learn, as teaching opportunities were limited.
Way too stressful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 27, 2017
It's all about revenue and rates and reports. Way too stressful...had one customer say he couldn't wait to leave the branch because he felt very uncomfortable with all the tension that was going on with the staff at that PC.
An excellent place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
An excellent place to work. Good people. Laid back atmosphere. Just get there, load up machinery, deliver, then pick up other equipment. day is pretty much repetitive.
Good Company and good people ..
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 21, 2017
Good place to work at with good benefits and pay. The only concern I have is in regard how the manage certain areas. Sometimes is like being working for a small company.
Fast paced, but very relaxed environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 9, 2017
Sunbelt is an extremely fast paced environment, but very relaxed in the same right. The knowledge of the tenured employees was great. Pay vs workload did not balance, but could work extra hours to offset this.
Pros
great employees, rental discounts
Cons
low hourly wage vs workload
Not much to say
Scaffold Builder (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 8, 2017
The area where I worked was okay, but their definitely is some egg shell people there. Meaning if you rub them wrong they will try to get you fired. I've worked their for 6 almost 7 months and stealing and lying have happened. Some people have even been late on checks
Pros
A lot of unity
Cons
Can't advance because of the lack of opportunity
learned a lot with this company
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2017
very busy work never down time always on the move doing something,which was good because the days would go by fast and had a lot of great coworkers very good company traning programs for the employees as well as the customers
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
DISPATCHER/TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXOctober 2, 2017
Going to work everyday was very enjoyable to me, because I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. Knowing that my work day was going to be long hours and/or hectic was satisfying because we all worked good as a team. From being able to call on anyone to get directions to a location to getting help loading or unloading equipment if there was a tight window for the delivery time.
Pros
alot of hours per week, better paycheck
Cons
being sent to location after dark without a swamper
fun, busy, stressfull
CLASS A driver flatbed (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 18, 2017
typical day started around 4am. Operating a big rig (flat bed) Transporting large and wide load construction equipment. Management was had a lot of personality. The hardest part of the job was keeping up the scheduled time of deliveries.
Pros
good income
Cons
lots of hours
Welcoming and a great place to grow
Corporate Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 15, 2017
It was a great opportunity to gain experience for a college senior about to enter the workforce. they gave me a variety of skills and tasks so i could experience various HR facets. It was welcoming at first, but people were (and still are 4 months later) kind of abrasive and not very willing to get to know the newbie intern.
again
Road Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mabelvale, ARSeptember 14, 2017
corporate typical business. fast pace. long and hard days. benefits are decent. pay is slightly lower than competitive companies. safety orientated. decent place
Awesome place they really care about you and the upper management is awesome.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 12, 2017
Sunbelt Rentals is by far the best rental company on the market with there put in place guarantees for there customers. I would highly recommend them to anyone
Pros
Meeting new people awesome work place
It got me through
Scaffold Builder Helper (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 12, 2017
work was on and off but when there was work to do we got the job done. there is a stress on time being that the job is contracted and you have to work on the leading companies time and budget but all in all i enjoyed doing my work very much. they could up the pay though if they intend to keep their workers. best for people just starting in scaffolding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.