Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Nice people to work with. Good benefits and good perks for employees. Several different locations to choose from. provide ok insurance.
Not a whole lot of fun.
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  DFW Area, TexasFebruary 3, 2016
Not so much fun. HR seems to be doing some bad hiring, which makes work harder for everyone else now. Hard to believe the future if this keeps up. Not really my problem anymore....
Pros
Never hired them.
Cons
Pretty sure they all were.
Kill yourself for mediocre pay
Labor/Erector (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 2, 2016
I was promised quick advancement with great compensation. I received none of that. Poor Leadership, I was injured on the job and instead of proceeding properly. Aka calling an ambulance. the manager tried sweeping it under the rug.
Pros
Basic benefits
Cons
Long hours and poor pay
sunbelt is will to keep you up date on skills
Shop mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJanuary 14, 2016
Skilled in mechanical and maintenance of heavy equipment
Basic Welding (MIG, ARC) / structural and sheet metal fabrication
making sure equipment was ready for rent, safe for rental
Good days and Bad. The bad started to take over.
accounts payable specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 8, 2015
Overall company, ok. Can't say what, I dont know about. I was losing my spirit in there. But the Accounting Department, doing the work was ok. I enjoy my job, it was overwhelming at times. It was a alot, if you can get it under control you were ok. Supervisor is sneaky, they have there favorites. No respect for sorority employees. It's all about who they like. Upper management does not care or has no clue. They are nice until you go against them. There are a lot of unhappy peope at Corporate, just not saying nothing.
Pros
full time job
Cons
Favoritism, No respect for a person who has work 14 years.
Very exciting place to work
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2015
I learned a lot about Accounts Receivable and Payable. I was trained on all the rental equipment. I enjoyed working with the customers and employee's.
Not the typical place I usually work at.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2015
My first day on the job was 9/11/2001 and from there on it was always something going on. One of the issues with management at the location I was at was they had no management training. It was all about the numbers.
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Representative / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 27, 2015
They take safety seriously and work towards great safety culture. I enjoy working with customers and being able to help/direct them in their desired directions. Sunbelt excels in putting customers first.
Good environment
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 24, 2015
All I can say is you work hard and have fund doing it,the management when I worked there always kept a enjoyable atmosphere,he was a ex New York Yankees ball player,so he made a nice workplace.The pay was great,nice perks
Pros
paid work shirts and they were not cheap, and different colors too, good insurance, good benefits, life insurance paid by sunbelt, nice give aways for being safe.
Cons
good to a certain extent
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2015
had good times meet
great people. This department accounting was very family oriented depending on if its month end or not
Decent place, steady paycheck
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Good group of guys to work with but there is to much work and even though they say overtime isn't forced, they basically force you to work. The work/life balance isn't really good. Good luck trying to move up if your not the bosses favorite. If your the hard worker get ready for them to load you up with more work, while the lazy ones get to relax.
Pros
Close to home, work truck to drive home, they invest in training you for specific jobs
Cons
Management thinks they know how to do your job because of the degree from college
This is a productive and professional oriented company
Lead Mechanic/ General Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 29, 2015
Fun and vibrant work place environment. Adequate amount of on-site and off-site training. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Healthcare, Advancement opportunities, Work environment
Cons
Management, Location
Stable employment and energetic environment
Service Techinician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxAugust 17, 2015
My employment with Sunbelt was nothing short of great, while employed with the company I learned so much about the company and their products. I also became familiar with their customers to the point where I was requested to make the job calls to their sites.
However my office did have a drawback, the management would not put their foot down when an employee was taking advantage of the company and instead let them walk all over them and let their employees put up the heat and slack from that employee.
If they would improve on how to handle a situation when an employee is out to take advantage of an employer instead of giving them a pay raise when they complain about their work environment when all they do is sit around and do nothing while his co-workers do his job for him.
Pros
medicare, salary, overtime, vacation
I just quit!!!!!!!!!!!!
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  DALLASAugust 7, 2015
First off make sure you negotiate your pay, 18.50 isn't worth all the work you do and all other rental companies start at 22.00 so keep that in mind I learned this after the fact, and if you don't like the heat then this isn't the job for you, MAnager at my branch was great but you will lose everything you got like I almost did if I didn't quit, cause you don't make enough to pay your bills, keep in mind when it rains and when it snows you wont get you full hours and your check will be even lower and that slow truck will make it worst .......never again.
Pros
it was really close to home!!!
Cons
low low pay, gotta keep your numbers up, chains popping you in the face, and nearly dying from from heat stroke trying to chain a back hoe!!!!!!
A good place to work.
Road Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Central IllinoisAugust 4, 2015
I enjoyed working on a wide range of equipment, specializing in boomlifts and reach forklifts, I also liked dealing direct with customers.
Pay does not match job dutys
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CharlotteAugust 1, 2015
Worked for S.B. for 2 Years. Unless you have A.D.D. and like to work somewhere where everything is done in panic mode and last minute and every 15 minutes there is a new task to complete like 5 minutes ago, then this would be a great place for you to work. There profit sharing is a joke and I really came to believe they are like a pyramid scheme. Store manager $100,000 plus a year with free truck and gas and big bonuses. The pay trickles down from there. Your a shop guy, driver, you make about $35,000 a year with no real bonuses, assume all the risks and liability and have to invest in $1000's of dollars in tools if your a mechanic. Yearly raise was a slap in the face about a quarter an hour. Long term minions will throw you under the bus in a heart beat. Sunbelt's prices are the highest and they rent the same stuff every other rental place does. My advice don't work for these jokers unless you can go right into outside sales or upper management. That is the only positions you can make a good living and can pass the stress down to the minions.
Pros
Uniforms, free cheap pizza once a month
Cons
Management, understaffed intentionly, coworkers attitudes
Don't do it
Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 29, 2015
Management is horrible and they have their picks. No one is treated fairly. Pay was ok but unless you like long hrs and don't want to spend time with your family then you may like it. Just watch your back.
Pros
Some free lunches or left overs is what it is
Cons
Long hrs with horrible management watching you
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park,FlJuly 29, 2015
Superior Company as a whole moderate physical labor., loading and unloading equipment. The majority of coworkers were team players.. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenges of learning to operate and load virtually hundreds of pieces of equipment.
Pros
good benefits challenging rewarding work
Cons
frequent pressure, to depart terminal in am in 30 min. or less, and safely load and secure several pieces of heavy equipment
very good
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 21, 2015
Good large company with branches through out the country!
Would highly recommend to anyone seeking employment.
awesome benefits package!!!!
Not bad job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
My day moved around what we had come in the following day. On a typical day I would come in and get started on the washing of the big equipment. Run through the sheets and find out which backhoe, skid steer or other equipment needed service. Then wash and put on line to start the service. Finish them up then check in computer and put on line to be rented.
Pros
Some time free lunches from vendors
Cons
Boss's had favorites and hung others out to dry.