Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of fun working with great people
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHMay 16, 2016
A great place to work and learn a lot of different stuff. Overtime is offered and is worked. The attitude of most of the employees are great and would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a great opportunity.
Pros
Lots of work offered.
benefits
Great Company
PROFIT CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 13, 2016
The group of people I worked with are amongst the most honest and noble folks I have ever known. I cannot say enough great things about this company.
Pros
Pay and training
Cons
Industry can be tumultuos.
Teamwork oriented
Sales Engineer/ Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 12, 2016
Great place to work and have a career. higher ups are always looking out for you and wanting to make the best moves for you to succeed.
Great place to work !!!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 2, 2016
No day was ever the same !
this job kept you sharp and fit,
one of the best safety programs i had ever seen !
Keen eye for talent , I advanced quite quickly and was rewarded accordingly !
even when the economy crashed and rentals/ sales were low they tried to keep me on as long as they could by utilizing my skills throughout the PC.
Great company overall, poor management at the particular location I worked
Dispatcher/ Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2016
A typical work day was very consuming. One must be able to work and handle a stressful environment at all times. I learned a lot about my management capabilities. My tenure with the company was very short due to the management forging numbers in P & L in order to make budget, so that he would get a cut of the profit shares (bonus). I found this to be dishonest, theft and completely unethical. When i addressed how this negatively affected my end of business production, he became very begrudged against me. I left due to hostile work conditions. I would also say that he was very misogynistic toward women and this made my work environment very uncomfortable. My coworkers were very immature and not helpful whatsoever. I taught myself how to navigate all of the systems used to manage the transportation and counter within 6 weeks. This was the most difficult part of the job. When the manager was out of the office and I could run things professionally to better suit the PC needs, it was sunshine and daisies. These were the most enjoyable moments on the job. I fully enjoyed the work I conducted and I excelled at it. When the manager told me I could never be the best because all of the other transportation managers in my district had been with the company much longer than myself, I used that negative energy as a driving force, and I became the best in many areas. I brought our store from # 38 in the nation out of 528 stores, to number 20, in a matter of 2 months, and still had room to become even better. This too was most enjoyable. If under different management, I would still be with  more... the company, but chose to leave due to hostile work conditions.  less
Pros
Salary, Overtime, Safety Culture, Benefits
Cons
Poor management, lazy undriven coworkers, being severely understaffed
Was a 16 year vet before leaving
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2016
Worked my way up from a yard guy to outside sales. Most people within the company get a long well. No real training to prepare you for taking the next step in your career. Biggest issue is that management is a bit of a boy's club. If you don't severely kiss butt or go out drinking with the leadership you will not advance like most people would imagine they should.
Pros
Decent compensation, Company phone and tablet, A ton of locations that you do have a possibilty to transfer to, Relocation available in some cases.
Cons
No company truck for sales reps, provide your own with a reimbursement plan that doesn't quite cover everything, Proper training to advance your career is pretty much non existent.
Good work and family balance
Regional Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 28, 2016
The employees I interact with on a daily basis are dedicated and willing to go the extra mile for each other. Everyone works hard and plays hard. Good team chemistry. Would definitely recommend Sunbelt as an employer of choice.
Pros
Good Teamwork
Don't do it!
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 17, 2016
MICRO-MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!! No work/life balance. Too much work required after hours. This position is for an entry level employee.
Pros
Cons
stressful
Cool place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 10, 2016
Nice company to work for. I would recommend it to guy in the field but not for woman unless their at the front counter. I do believe the company is overall great and I love my center.
Pros
Lunches, boss and OT
Cons
Industry and dirt
not a good job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  vaMarch 8, 2016
Not a good company to work for low pay and the only one who makes money is the good old boys. Management sucks they put people in management that have no clue how to manage or be a leader

Want to know more about Sunbelt Rentals?

Ask a question
Good Company
OUT SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVMarch 6, 2016
typical day, consists of traveling assigned area meeting with construction site workers, as well making office visits to existing customers and potential new customers. A travel and meetings are documented in ipad which is monitored by management. Hardest part of the job is learning all of the products and its use.
Key Accounts
Key Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2016
It takes a lot to work for Sunbelt. Keep your seatbelt on.I have learned that there are plenty of rules that must be followed. It is a great company to work for just make sure you are in the right department.
Nice place to work and I like what I do..
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fowler, CAMarch 2, 2016
I usually have a busy day . My day usually starts at 4am. I haul and deliver heavy equipment to job sites.I have to drive in the rain , fog, or snow..
Great company
Rental manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 22, 2016
They are an amazing company to work for. I am looking for more responsibility and more salary in the Vegas valley. Great place to work, plenty to learn. I grow every day with this company
Worst company Ive Ever worked for
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2016
If your a Driver or Mechanic You are the bottom feeder.
You will be treated like you don't matter. Corporate wants the drivers to load/Unload in 30 minutes. But yet they push safety.
From what I have seen this is impossible to do in there timeline safely.
If you are a Mechanic you are pushed by management looking over your shoulder to check out the equipment without fixing major problems because they are more concerned about there performance numbers than safety.
I used to look forward to coming in and doing my job but now I can't wait to find another job.
There are plenty of other companies out there with better compensation. the company Moral is miserable.
Pros
Home Every Night. No weekend work
Cons
Management, Moral, the Corporate feel. Pay. benifits
good company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 10, 2016
i enjoyed my time i was a road mechanic it was actually a very easy job and flexible. there are not enough people to cover the fleet. i would recommend this as a job and they are nation wide and easy to transfer
Pros
company vehicle and phone pay pretty good
Cons
bonuses are hit and miss
productive
driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
very productive work place .the store I worked at in Miami beach we all got along very well. we came together as a team when there was a issue that came we handle it . My manager was awesome I whish there where more like him.
Pros
the stores i worked in we all got along
Cons
health ins. is high
Nice people to work with.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Nice people to work with. Good benefits and good perks for employees. Several different locations to choose from. provide ok insurance.
Not a whole lot of fun.
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  DFW Area, TexasFebruary 3, 2016
Not so much fun. HR seems to be doing some bad hiring, which makes work harder for everyone else now. Hard to believe the future if this keeps up. Not really my problem anymore....
Pros
Never hired them.
Cons
Pretty sure they all were.
Kill yourself for mediocre pay
Labor/Erector (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 2, 2016
I was promised quick advancement with great compensation. I received none of that. Poor Leadership, I was injured on the job and instead of proceeding properly. Aka calling an ambulance. the manager tried sweeping it under the rug.
Pros
Basic benefits
Cons
Long hours and poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8