Sunbelt Rentals

Sunbelt Rentals Employer Reviews

Fast paced strong team work
Service Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles Ca.July 22, 2014
Pros: strong team
Cons: long drive to and from work
Open profit center @ 6:00 am. And run Open Work Order, Open P.O, Down Equipment and Equipment Due for Service Reports.
Prioritize and delegate job assignments to mechanics.
Schedule any service calls and equipment due for service that was on rent to the field service mechanic.
Close and bill all open workers that have been completed.
Open work orders and look up and order parts on equipment that is down for repair.
Spot check equipment that is on the ready for rent line to see if any thing had been missed when it went threw the shop.
Check shop and yard to make sure it is kept clean.
Close profit center 5:00 pm.
What learned. Sunbelt was always sending managers to classes and online classes to keep all management up to date on the operation and safety of its employees and profit centers.
Management works closely together to provide a safe and profitable work place for their employees.
Co-workers. I believe that if you give your co-workers the support and the respect they will go the extra mile for you and you don't even have to ask them. they do it because you build a strong team.
The hardest part of the job was the travel. { Ontario - Los Angeles }
Most enjoyable. Was the team that was built.
Fast paced, great place to work!
Supervisor/Collector (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 16, 2014
Handled againg of $8M + per month with repeat customers. Hardest part of the job is telling customers they can not rent until the account is brought current. Most enjoyable is my co workers. They make this place fun! I processed credit applications for new account, pulled credit reports and opend accounts. Worked on key account team assisting key account with account information and payments.
met lots of interesting customers & fellow employees
shop manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: use of rental equipment. ran shop as my own business coplying with company rules etc.
Cons: performing maintenance & repair in very disorganized conditions, due to previous neglect & apparent non-concern of previous shop mgr.
because i worked there through a period of 5 hurricanes it really got exciting & high pressured. hardest part is trying to co-ordinate fellow workers from functional departments to work in a systematic way to help expedite the operation in an orderly fashion.some of them lacked training & some were not concerned, but there was a feeling of accomplishment when they got co-ordinated & understood that the job went easier that way.
GREAT COMPANY
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE II (Current Employee), ATLANTA, GAJune 24, 2014
WORK HARD, PAYS GOOD, GREAT BENEFITS, FAST PACED, STRONG COMPANY
Great work atmosphere which lead to a productive team.
Key Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and paid days off for meeting production goals.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of handling customer orders and complaints. I learned how to work in a productive work environment when the workday is hectic. The management were great and understandable. The hardest thing of the job was the unexpected workload, but the great part about it was accomplishing the goals!!!
Great learning oppurtunity!
Inside Sales/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMay 15, 2014
Pros: very laid back, long breaks, free time
Cons: not much job security, lazy corporate strategy, old ideas in a new workplace
Very interesting job. If you are not familiar with the construction industry, stay away. Very little training and poor management structure. Do not hire from within very often and promote laziness.
Enjoyed Working Here
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2014
I really enjoyed Sunbelt when I first started. We had 33 stores and it was a very tight company. But after 10 years they had grow to over 400 stores and you became a number.
Poor, management, micromanage
Field (Former Employee), AzApril 30, 2014
Cons: sunbelt in general
Worked for short time , hurt my shoulder on the job and was ridiculed for it , long store short fired me for and paid me off for my injuries.. Management is a joke shop foreman joke , only has job due to poor judgment in the field. But hey lets promote.. good idea...Looking for a job or career.. Keep looking, there are way better places to work than Sunbelt!! Trust me.
An avg. place to work, depends on department/supervisor.
Sunbelt Corporate Office (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: ample parking
Cons: very little career development / advancement / motivation
not really a lot to say, a career for a select few, but mostly just a job for the majority.
it was a ok work place
Small tools tech (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2014
I have nothing to say about sunbelt rentals
learn a lot
management needs a lot work and everyone needs to work together
cool coworkers
the hours and pay was great
ever changing and always a challenge
Rental manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, Fl.March 14, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
a learning and fast paced environment, hands on experience in the construction and equipment trade
Stressful and unappreciated employees
Management (Former Employee), OhioMarch 5, 2014
Cons: it's a soap opera company
Upper management is horrible. Great thoughts and ideas with poor follow.
Growing company that is poised for greatnes
Profit Center Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Sunbelt is a good company to work for, and will be ready for the uptick in the construction industry.
Parts Manager/Safety Coordinator/Trainer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2014
I like going to work everyday I like what I do its always an enjoyable day
A nice place to work
Road Mechanic (Current Employee), TNJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: use of equipment, get paid with no problem, secure company!
Cons: paid bi weekly, limited advancement!
I like my job and this company. I am just looking for advancement and it seem very slow in coming around along with better wages.
The benefits are great!! Good people to work with and for.
good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Sterling, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good hours off every wednsday
Cons: bad store manager
bad store manager no one liked was a good company store manager was hired and i left a few months later
great store mananger,long hours,labor intensive
DRIVER/HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Florence, KYDecember 16, 2013
Pros: new equipment and well maintained.
Cons: no breaks, no family life.very heavy lifting in any weather conditions.
Get in at 6 am and do walk around,load truck,very labor intensive run 10 hr days up to 14hr at times throwing log chains and binders all day at a very fast pace or dispatcher give you attitude about time it took,great store manager best i have ever worked for,shop guys awesome people.Hardest part of the job very labor intensive and dispatcher.Meeting customer's and going to all the different sites.OVERALL GREAT COMPANY,
Sunbelt Pump and Power not really a mechanics job.
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee), AlabamaDecember 14, 2013
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: not really worth it. bad upper management. stay away.
Worked for the Pump and Power Department. My job was shop mechanic but most of what I did was knucklehead manual labor and changing oil. Not really a Diesel Mechanic job. Lots of going out of town at the drop of a hat and expected to work over 24 hrs without any sleep. Much about safety buy EXTREMELY UNSAFE. If you like to kill your self and drag heavy things around then take this job.
Would not like to review
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Hampton, VADecember 7, 2013
Repair equipment in a timely manor keeping cost down and still put a safe and reliable piece of equipment on the jobsite for our customers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers very good teamwork. hardest part of job was dealing with some of the demands of upper management. most enjoyable was my co- workers
heavy workload... which is not a bad thing
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee), Littleton, CONovember 20, 2013
· Repair, and maintenance of all commercial equipment, This is a pump and power store, so I maintain and repair all equipment that comes into the shop
· I work on diesel equipment, engines and everything in between.
· Coordinate purchasing and receiving of equipment and parts for the shop.
· Responsible for loading and unloading commercial trailers that are sent out to various on site locations.
· I traveled to locations that needed support for the jobs, and provided any repair or support needed on the job site

About Sunbelt Rentals

Sunbelt Rentals shines in the equipment rental business. A huge rental equipment company in the US, Sunbelt specializes in the – Read more

Sunbelt Rentals Photos