Sunbelt Rentals Employee Reviews

Dispatcher/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2017
Great atmosphere with tons of room for advancement. Fast pace environment that will keep you busy 24/7. Management (at a branch level) always has your back.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Productive job
Scaffold Builder (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 21, 2017
It's a lot of favoritism that goes on . management needs improvement. . Working in teams . . The hours very .. I haven't gotten a promotion & it's been 3 years
Benefits
Great place to work but...
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 21, 2017
Great place to work, but there is little opportunity for advance. Inside salesman aren't paid a commission, but the hourly wage is fair. Some outside sales reps are paid commission on an unfair bias rather than based on goals unique to their area.
Poor Management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2017
The two words that best describe Sunbelt Rentals are poor management. They always want to preach about safety but when it comes time to get the job done they do not care. When an accident does occur due to poor safety they always want to pin the worker bee under the bus instead of the manager and or the corporate structure. Management does not know how to identify good character when hiring new people which leads to lots of lazy employees with no work ethic as well as high employee turnover for those people who do break their backs working hard to pick up the slack for others. Very top heavy company!
Pros
Decent benefits, newer trucks
Cons
Poor pay, poor bonus structure, poor management, no room for advancement
working for the big guys
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
after working for a competitor that was only 1 store, then being apart of this company which had several thousand stores throughout the united states brought on some interesting challenges as well as great beneits.
Pros
big company
Cons
too big at times
The worse place to work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 7, 2017
The management is the two faced in business. If u don't play buddy buddy with them then u are not a team player. They take safely way overboard. Would not recommend anyone working here. The new guy always gets the blame for everything.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers
fun place to work
Sales Representative/Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2017
Daily rentals of forklift and manlifts for construction sites. Also was a trainer for forklift and safety.My day started at 5:30 and ended at 5pm. I loved my job but the economy took a hit and i was a commission salesman.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
work dried up
Advancement is Difficult
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 4, 2017
Only certain departments have advancement opportunities. Has the feel of a mom and pop business but is constantly growing. The benefits are good as well as PTO.
Amazing Company
YARD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 30, 2017
Sunbelt is a company that strives to have their employees prosper. They always look for ways to have their employees promoted. The company is very much a family first company.
management summary
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 28, 2017
Management has little sales background or sales experience. Lack of sales knowledge creates friction between management and sales. Sunbelt has a tendency to fill management positions from outside the company bringing in inexperienced people for managrment.

Want to know more about Sunbelt Rentals?

Ask a question
Equipment Rental to the public and contractor as needed
Shop Foreman / Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 27, 2017
Take phone calls on a daily basis for the needs of the customers. Set pick up and or delivery as needed. Perform outsides sales to contractors and make sure their needs are met. Call in the customer needs to set up delivery and pick up. Work with the counter sales, delivery, and equipment shop to make sure we have the equipment in a ready state to make the flow to the customer as smooth as possible. I would order parts as needed to keep equipment up and running, while managing to stay within the budget. I learned that this is a high energy fast paste business that you have to be ready at a moments notice. In management it is most important to have a cohesive team that knows their part. You have to be able to count on them to pull there weight or profits will go down when you do not meet customer needs. Hardest part fast paced work place must be on your toes. Meeting and dealing with different people all the time, filling there needs and building relationships.
Pros
Getting to know different equipment and there uses
Cons
Eat lunch while working
Great experience
Management trainee (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMarch 23, 2017
learned a lot about heavy and small tool equipment
started from the ground up
learned to operate the equipment
forklift operator certified
AWP operator certified
fun at my old job
Wash bay employee (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 23, 2017
working for sunbelt was a pleasure I had fun with my coworker's until I fired for getting 3 strikes for not unplugging the cables correctly. The manager was a bit rough on us but it was great working there. I learned a lot the because my father also worked there. The hardest part of the job was sandblasting because we had to work in the sun. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I did I did wash bay I was out of the sun most of the time. That pretty much sums up everything.
Pros
food, washbay
Cons
too much sun
a good stepping stone
HEAD MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2017
fast paced
opportunity to learn a lot
good place to start at would not recommend for long term employment

closed minded to new way of approaching a problem. you get a lot of "i have done this for 20 years and this is the way its done"
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
high stress
Not somewhere i would refer a friend to
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 20, 2017
Typical day was very routine. Check out rental returns from customers, perform pm services, load and unload outside haulers.

Management was horrible. I traveled to events and literally had to wait until the end of the day to find out where I would be sleeping and it took me asking multiple times to find out. I didn't feel like the technicians were appreciated and they could careless about you, as long as the job and equipment were ok.

The enjoyable part was going and tech watching the big events i.e country jam, world cup.
Pros
Medical and dental after 30 days
Cons
no tool allowance, they expect your life to revolve around the Profit Center (shop). They play favorites.
Great Company!
Safety, Health and Environmental Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2017
Fast pace environment, lots of administration work with regards to training. Great place to learn OSHA and MSHA laws. It was definitely a challenge when I first started working here but I have learned so much in the past two years. My co-workers have been instrumental in my success, so has management. They are very supportive about me pursuing my goals and degree.
Good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Everyone get along with each other, team players and a easy going work place. The equipment is up to date and safe to operate and management is pretty fair to the employees.
Pros
Good equipment.
Cons
Short breaks.
fun to work there good experience
Flex crew- Extern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
work 8-5 uload truck good learning experience good managment leran how to use a forklift i enjoy working for them i wish i can go work back for them a goood job
Pros
free lunch, hour break
Cons
hot
Good starting place
Customer Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 10, 2017
This is a good place to work to start. Boss has been willing to work with my volunteer opportunity and understands that I want to grow. Coworkers are knowledgeable with potential and make the team environment satisfying. However, unless you know executive management or get into a department where they want to train and utilize advanced skills, you are stuck. Company only really offers training and advancement opportunities to sales and field staff. Administrative is not viewed highly except by a few select people.
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
No advancement for administrative employees
Hard work environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2017
A very challenging job, but you learn many life lessons. You will acquire skills that are beneficial for other future jobs. They afford you the opportunity to learn much.
Pros
You learn a lot.
Cons
It is an extremely difficult job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval