Sunbelt Staffing Employee Reviews

Great contract company for school contractors
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 2, 2015
Sunbelt provides a supportive team to help meet the needs of the contractor and client. Although my field is not plentiful as SLP's, I was able to find a position with good compensation. My recruiter works hard to ensure that I'm taken care of and is easily accessible. My current placement allows lots of opportunity for learning. I can honestly say that I've worked with every population of students on every grade level. This has increased my competency level in my field and is a win for me!
Pros
Good compensation, management, and learning environment
Cons
Unpaid school breaks
Excellent Place To Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 2, 2015
Sunbelt Staffing is a great company to work for. Management is fantastic and genuinely care about their employees. They take time to get to know their employees on a personal level. The co-workers are the best part of working at Sunbelt. The atmosphere is awesome and exciting. I would highly recommend working for Sunbelt. Fun place to work. Sunbelt has offered challenging, but rewarding work.
Great company with opportunities and a fun culture!
National Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
I joined the Sunbelt family about 3 years ago and have never looked back. After spending 9 years in a career that was not able to offer me any personal or professional growth, I was looking for a change with a company that invested in its team members. That is exactly what I have found with Sunbelt. From my first day with Sunbelt I have truly valued working as part of a supportive team while maintaining my independence and a work-life balance. A career in staffing, and more importantly, a career with Sunbelt, has afforded me the opportunity to take responsibility for my personal success while allowing me to develop my leadership potential. “The sky is the limits” is the best way to describe the potential for success here at Sunbelt. I look forward to the months and years to come to see what is in store for me not only professionally, but what the impact of my success will mean for me and my family.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth, Fun Culture, Independence
Cons
There are just not enough hours in the day
Great culture, great team, great management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at Sunbelt is filled with hard work and lots of energy. The days just fly by here! As a recruiter/account executive, you can expect your management team to provide you the tools and training you need to be successful, but a hands off approach to your day-to-day expectations. The management team works hard to ensure you have everything you need, and makes themselves available for advice, to troubleshoot problems, and bounce ideas off of. They do a great job of listening to what their employees think could improve/make the company better and implement it immediately. Minimal office drama/politics - they encourage the golden rule and people tend to follow this. The company has a great learning culture, giving people from all levels the opportunity to run a company training. The New Hire training is top notch.
Pros
Opportunity to move up. Great sales' incentives. Frequent company events during office hours.
Cons
Sometimes the office events eat up your working hours.
Job Given then Taken Away
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shiprock, NMSeptember 24, 2015
Be cautious if you are hired on with the company. Once I signed the contract with the company and left my previous job, I was notified that there was not funding for my position. They stated that they would find me employment, in which they did not.
I would recommend you stay far away from this company, as they lack integrity and professionalism.
I even requested a letter stating proof of my dates for hire, and they sent me a letter stating that I had never worked for them in any capacity.
Do not fall for this trap!
Cons
Can take away a job as fast as they give it.
good
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  floridaJune 23, 2015
positive and fun environment. Excelled in all aspects of Physical Therapy Assistant job role as a traveling therapist in Melbourne, FL for a sub-acute rehab facility.
Rewarding
Traveling Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Traveling takes a great deal of discipline and dedication to the craft. at time you never know what your walking into so make sure that you are user friendly before you start.
Excellent place to work
National Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLMay 1, 2015
Having no prior experience, this position has made me a confident recruiter.
Here are some bullets of what I think makes this position deserving of 5 stars
- Each member of the management has an open door policy - that I have used personally! They will each help coach/console/guide you in any way they can. Unlike other companies, they hire leaders who can lead, not just those who produce
- There are call goals - notice I did not say quotas. Management will not be breathing down your neck if you didn't meet your goal for the day for whatever reason.
- Support. Everyone here is welcoming, friendly and willing to help or support you in whatever way they can. It's fantastic!
- Culture. There is such a positive vibe here. The management really puts effort into contests, games and events to keep things exciting. They give away real prizes too! Like $25/50 gift cards
-Potential. Staffing in schools is relatively new. You get to work with candidates and clients who may not even know you are trying to recruit them. They appreciate it more and don't negotiate as often.
- You are helping students receive services and helping clients! It's not like you're recruiting passive candidates here. You are responding to applicants who are looking for a job and finding them one!
Pros
Unlimited support, Extremely flexible and understanding management, A ton of opportunity, Culture is excellent!
Cons
You are working with people. People can be fickle and mean.
Fun place to work, but the work itself sucks
Recruiting officer (Former Employee) –  floridaJanuary 20, 2015
I honestly ended up hating all healthcare professionals from talking to them all day. They hate their jobs, and they dont care about patients. Why should I find them jobs?

Its really all about making our company money. We dont care about finding passionate people to work for hospitals that care. All anyone anywhere cares about is money. The nurses only care about money, the hospitals only care about money, and certainly the recruiters only care about money.

Healthcare is a terrible thing in our country..
Terrible Company
CSFA (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FlNovember 19, 2014
I was lied to about my guaranteed 40 hours. My contract was cut short by 3 weeks, I was given a 2 day notice..... No compensation. I was promised referral bonuses for 2 people that I referred and took assignments. Never received my referral bonuses. In fact can't even reach the person responsible. Have left numerous messages with no return calls.

Don't bother with these people!
very attentive placement staff
Traveler Emergency Dept. RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2014
Excellent opportunity to experience new places. Each job is unique. I have met some amazing people. in my travels
Great place to work as a temp.
Accounts Payable Clerk and Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VirginiaNovember 4, 2014
Working for Sunbelt was a pleasure of mine. People were terrific, willing to place you in a temporary position setting as much as possible as often as possible. The jobs they sent me on were absolutely great. I enjoyed working with everyone at each temporary company. The hardest part of my job was traveling through congested traffic. The most enjoyable part of my job(s) basically all the temp positions I held with the different companies was the fact the staff, upper management and my co-workers were very easy going, easy to work with and taught me a lot.
Pros
paid on time, pleasant work environment
Cons
no health care
School Psychologists Beware
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  WAMay 29, 2014
I was leery accepting a temporary school psychologist position with Sunbelt Staffing after reading several negative reviews regarding company practice. The school district I was placed in was a hot mess. I was the third school psychologist to walk through the door in less than one academic year. Big red flag for any professional. After a week I could see why. The staff were unprofessional, rude (profanity laced meetings/screaming) and completely ignored standard protocol and procedure for the special education process. It was like the wild west of special education. No rules, no procedure and no questions asked!

I tried to communicate my concerns with Sunbelt Staffing, to no avail. My recruiter seemed to dismiss my concerns with a "hope you're up for a challenge!" I feel that once I was placed in the district I was out of their hair, so to speak. No first day follow up or week follow up. Nothing. Things went from terrible to worse at the job when I refused to take part in very poor decision-making on the part of the special education department. To make a long story short I left the position after being told to turn a blind eye to some grossly negligent practices on the part of admin. I sat through a meeting with six school employees who cussed at me, yelled at me and tried to force my hand to sign off on fraudulent documents. After leaving the position my recruiter sent me a nasty email stating that "I must hate kids and I am a selfish person." Not even interested in why I may have left the district. Very concerned about his loss of a commission.

Things to keep in mind

-Sunbelt
  more... staffing in one state and your school district will most likely be in another- you will be faced with time differences when trying to communicate.
-Once you are placed, you are on your own.
-Your supervisor at Sunbelt Staffing will not be a licensed in your field. He/she will not understand your professional needs/concerns.
-Pay seemed decent but benefits are expensive.
Cons
company is remote, unhelpful
problems with the director of special services
Contract Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 26, 2014
I was the third OT to quit under one persons management issues. I did not know why the previous OT's had left the position until about one month into my work there.
Always kept you busy
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 28, 2014
You can learn a lot by working different areas of you practice and you have to loved to travel. Pro see the US and get paid for it ,Con a lot of packing and moving on
Excellent company. I Believe in what they stand for.
Lead-Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 8, 2014
I would most certainly work for this company again. Not only are all the personal benefits great, but the company its self has a wonderful moral compass and there is a very big sense of team and community with this company.
Willing to go the Extra Mile
School Therapy (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I have worked for Sunbelt for almost three years now, and I have nothing but great things to say about them. They promote a culture of recruiters that should be more focused on giving you the best experience possible, rather than striving to pay the least. They explained my pay structure and work environment to me in plain terms, and answered any and all questions I had. I feel more than comfortable working with them, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a therapy position!
unpredictable place to work
New York Related Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2013
learned how to be on my own as a professional. was able to manage the different programs without an overhead of questions.
Pros
i had an open schedule. did not have to clock in or out.
Cons
no cons
Not a Very Honest Bunch
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  AlaskaOctober 11, 2013
I had a similar experience as several others. I was promised one hourly rate, and then Sunbelt did a "switch and bait". When I received my contract, there were many serious omissions. Among other things, the hourly rate was less than half of what was promised. The pay was hourly, but there was no mention of how many hours each day/week/month was required. I was told funds for a rental car for the remainder of the school year would be provided, but the contract provided a flat amount, which hardly made a dent in the real cost. I brought this to Amber's attention, and asked for corrections and clarifications be made to the contract before I signed, She then became very aggressive and angry,
I would recommend two things:
1. Have an attorney look over the contract if you have concerns. There are glaring inaccuracies and omissions, and I could see many problems there. You are making a year-long commitment and have to protect yourself.
2. Contact the management of the school or business where you would be working and let them know what has happened. I started with the person who interviewed me, and then call human resources. Both appreciated getting this information. After all, you spent time applying and going through the interview process. You worked in good faith with Sunbelt Staffing, and expected the same in return. Sunbelt relies on making money from these school districts. Maybe Sunbelt Staffing will lose business, or clean up their act.
I turned down this position in the end, as I did not want to depend on a business that lacked integrity and honesty.
Pros
i
perfectly placed for this temp. travel assignment
RN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 8, 2013
This was an ideal assignment where I was very welcomed by staff and made to feel like a valuable part of the professional team. Assumed care of patients on this 25 bed unit who were newly admitted due to an acute psychiatric crisis. The most enjoyable part of this temporary position was the positive interactions I had with patients, their families and the staff.