Sunbelt Staffing Employee Reviews

Work place fun not so much
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The job itself is repetitive. Management does not help answer questions. Making lots of calls a day. Almost like a call center. Hardest part of the day is sitting for 8 hours makng calls and no one picks up.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High call volume and not enough help with questions
No return phone calls
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2017
Its very frustrating to not receive returned phone calls or emails. I've been an OT for 17 years, teach OT student part-time, and if there is a chronic pattern of NO communication, it leaves a very negative opinion. I want to work! Please train recruiters in basic communication skills!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive business and a great team
Assistive Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Sunbelt goes beyond the standard in ensuring that their employees are successfully productive. My recruiter manages to keep me working and checks in regularly to see if I'm enjoying my assignment.
Pros
Contract assignment-no bus duties or work beyond 40 hours a week
Cons
High caseloads
Good
National Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Fun environment to work in. Co-workers were always helpful when you were in need. Management made it fun for the team. Lots of training provided to ensure you were up to speed in your division.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Excellent Culture and Room for Professional and Personal Growth
National Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 21, 2016
My experience working as a Hiring Manager at Sunbelt Staffing has been so rewarding both personally and professionally. In addition to a supportive and team-based culture, Sunbelt provides a thorough training process to all new internal employees to ensure they have all the knowledge and tools needed to be successful and help others succeed. The management team invests time and genuinely cares for each member of the team at every level. Sunbelt has mastered the fun work environment with challenging employees to reach their goals and rewarding their hard work and efforts regularly. I have learned so much and gained many valuable skills in my year as an employee. It's great to find a company that feels more like family and is dedicated to helping you achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
Pros
Great culture, room for growth, promote intensity of purpose
Not Good, recruiters roll thru too often
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  MDNovember 8, 2016
This company does not monitor their recruiters very well and they are out to make money only and do not give much of a hoot about the very people who are making the money for them--just like most other travel companies--the only time it seems one can negotiate with them is if an entity wants you to stay more than your 13 week contract.
In the end, these companies are demeaning to a good to excellent RN.
Pros
quick money
Cons
pay scale and no support
Great Agency
School Nurse- LPN (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 19, 2016
Contract position. Great communication (out of state from the agency). Great pay! Worked at a school. Great hours. Recruiter always answered, or quickly returned phone calls.
Pros
Above average pay, great communication
Cons
temporary contract
Where You Shine
NATIONAL HIRING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 31, 2016
Our healthcare and educational professionals change lives every day, all over the country, simply by doing a job they love. That’s because we are dedicated to putting talented healthcare and educational professionals in communities and work environments where the rewards of the job go well beyond excellent pay and benefits. It’s about making a difference and improving the lives of other
Great opportunities to work throughout the United States
Contract Staff Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 2, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Sunbelt Staffing these past 4-5 years. They have been willing to move me around the country for different working opportunites, culture experiences and diversity.
Pros
Possibilities of different areas of the country to live in and experience, are wonderul opportunities!
Cons
No payroll options during the summer months.
Excellent
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2016
My assignment was matched perfectly with my experience and personal interests in my job. I worked with a student that I fit perfect with and was able to continue using Visual Phonics with in addition to ASL. I was able to work with a Team of Interpreters in a great working environment. The hardest part of this job was that on occasion I would go from my primary student with excellent ASL skill to a student with minimal signs or home signs. Although I have had jobs with some students with few signs, this one was older and therefore it was a challenge to match his language level with his grade level. It was much better when they got him a Signing Aide in addition to the Interpreter. So even with the challenge, we were able to work the situation to the student's needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my primary student. Because her language was where it needed to be, I really enjoyed this job. The last year there we had Team Interpreters in the classroom and made the job a lot better for us and for the student.
Pros
I liked the ability to pick my compensation package such as opting in or out on benefits.
Cons
Now that I'm out of the USA, I am wishing they provided Interpreters Internationally.
Professional Contractor
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CA.May 21, 2016
Easy to work with. Being a contract teacher has many perks but no legal security as in union representation. Not assessable to Teachers pension is the biggest drawback. Assignments are temporary.
Pros
Many available jobs.
Cons
No legal protection such as unions protecting workers rights.
Very Positive Experience
SLP Teletherapist/VocoVision (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 2, 2015
I have contracted with Sunbelt for the past two years as a teletherapy SLP. Both my contracts for each school year have been great, and the staff at Sunbelt has been great to work with. They were understanding of my time/schedule constraints and found a position that works best for me.
Pros
Competitive Hourly Pay, Negotiable Contracts
Cons
Unable to find a summer position
Great contract company for school contractors
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 2, 2015
Sunbelt provides a supportive team to help meet the needs of the contractor and client. Although my field is not plentiful as SLP's, I was able to find a position with good compensation. My recruiter works hard to ensure that I'm taken care of and is easily accessible. My current placement allows lots of opportunity for learning. I can honestly say that I've worked with every population of students on every grade level. This has increased my competency level in my field and is a win for me!
Pros
Good compensation, management, and learning environment
Cons
Unpaid school breaks
Excellent Place To Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 2, 2015
Sunbelt Staffing is a great company to work for. Management is fantastic and genuinely care about their employees. They take time to get to know their employees on a personal level. The co-workers are the best part of working at Sunbelt. The atmosphere is awesome and exciting. I would highly recommend working for Sunbelt. Fun place to work. Sunbelt has offered challenging, but rewarding work.
Great company with opportunities and a fun culture!
National Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
I joined the Sunbelt family about 3 years ago and have never looked back. After spending 9 years in a career that was not able to offer me any personal or professional growth, I was looking for a change with a company that invested in its team members. That is exactly what I have found with Sunbelt. From my first day with Sunbelt I have truly valued working as part of a supportive team while maintaining my independence and a work-life balance. A career in staffing, and more importantly, a career with Sunbelt, has afforded me the opportunity to take responsibility for my personal success while allowing me to develop my leadership potential. “The sky is the limits” is the best way to describe the potential for success here at Sunbelt. I look forward to the months and years to come to see what is in store for me not only professionally, but what the impact of my success will mean for me and my family.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth, Fun Culture, Independence
Cons
There are just not enough hours in the day
Great culture, great team, great management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at Sunbelt is filled with hard work and lots of energy. The days just fly by here! As a recruiter/account executive, you can expect your management team to provide you the tools and training you need to be successful, but a hands off approach to your day-to-day expectations. The management team works hard to ensure you have everything you need, and makes themselves available for advice, to troubleshoot problems, and bounce ideas off of. They do a great job of listening to what their employees think could improve/make the company better and implement it immediately. Minimal office drama/politics - they encourage the golden rule and people tend to follow this. The company has a great learning culture, giving people from all levels the opportunity to run a company training. The New Hire training is top notch.
Pros
Opportunity to move up. Great sales' incentives. Frequent company events during office hours.
Cons
Sometimes the office events eat up your working hours.
Job Given then Taken Away
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shiprock, NMSeptember 24, 2015
Be cautious if you are hired on with the company. Once I signed the contract with the company and left my previous job, I was notified that there was not funding for my position. They stated that they would find me employment, in which they did not.
I would recommend you stay far away from this company, as they lack integrity and professionalism.
I even requested a letter stating proof of my dates for hire, and they sent me a letter stating that I had never worked for them in any capacity.
Do not fall for this trap!
Cons
Can take away a job as fast as they give it.
good
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  floridaJune 23, 2015
positive and fun environment. Excelled in all aspects of Physical Therapy Assistant job role as a traveling therapist in Melbourne, FL for a sub-acute rehab facility.
Rewarding
Traveling Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Traveling takes a great deal of discipline and dedication to the craft. at time you never know what your walking into so make sure that you are user friendly before you start.
Excellent place to work
National Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLMay 1, 2015
Having no prior experience, this position has made me a confident recruiter.
Here are some bullets of what I think makes this position deserving of 5 stars
- Each member of the management has an open door policy - that I have used personally! They will each help coach/console/guide you in any way they can. Unlike other companies, they hire leaders who can lead, not just those who produce
- There are call goals - notice I did not say quotas. Management will not be breathing down your neck if you didn't meet your goal for the day for whatever reason.
- Support. Everyone here is welcoming, friendly and willing to help or support you in whatever way they can. It's fantastic!
- Culture. There is such a positive vibe here. The management really puts effort into contests, games and events to keep things exciting. They give away real prizes too! Like $25/50 gift cards
-Potential. Staffing in schools is relatively new. You get to work with candidates and clients who may not even know you are trying to recruit them. They appreciate it more and don't negotiate as often.
- You are helping students receive services and helping clients! It's not like you're recruiting passive candidates here. You are responding to applicants who are looking for a job and finding them one!
Pros
Unlimited support, Extremely flexible and understanding management, A ton of opportunity, Culture is excellent!
Cons
You are working with people. People can be fickle and mean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunbelt Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunbelt Staffing Reviews by Location