Suncoast Credit Union

Suncoast Credit Union United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
ATM Check Card Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2015
Met lots of life long friends and will forever be a Suncoast member! Thank you Suncoast for 10 years of a great career. The medical benefits were great but the pay wasn't the best.
gret company to work for
customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
i really enjoyed working for Suncoast Schools credit union. we had alot of company perks such as pot luck friday's. The management showed great appreciation to their employees
Productive and fast paced environment
teller/clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2015
While working for this company, I had the pleasure of learning a ton about working in the customer service industry. A normal day at work included greeting customers and helping with inquiries as I worked as a Teller. It gave me excessive knowledge on multi-tasking, time management and consumer relations. The management team were very helpful and instrumental to my skillful growth along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was leaving, the branch was closed. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers, learning to be helpful and cater to different consumers really sparked my interest.
Teller II (Former Employee), North Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2015
The hours were variable just like every grocery store. Never really seen management much when I was there. All the co-workers were mostly young but outgoing. This made the work environment fun. The customers were regulars.
Corrections Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Management was very professional. Co-workers made the day go back quickly.
Suncoast is a family that cares
Senior Member Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
To provide the highest level of personal financial services in a friendly, professional manner; to encourage thrift, savings and the wise use of credit; to increase the knowledge and ability of our members to manage and control their financial well-being; to provide sound financial management in order to maintain earnings for our continued growth and to provide employees with a challenging and rewarding career.
Excellent place to work
Member Contact Center Rep (Former Employee), tampa, flNovember 13, 2014
This is a good place to work. The people you work with are all friendly. Everyone helps everyone out. Sometimes we were super busy and management became unorganized. But other than that you have job stability and ok pay.
Great Place to Start Your Career
Loan representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
Pros: work life balance, advancement, employee morale
If you are lucky enough to gte hired by Suncoast don't make the mistake I made and quit! This is a great company to work for. They go out of their way to make employees feel valued and respected and have ample room for growth.
Reasonable compensation, extremely stressful work, rotten management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: relatively new building so enviroment is great. spacey cubicles, nice break room
Cons: needs new management
I rate the management this way only because I have worked with reasonable managers. The type that listen to employees while also insuring customers are serviced efficiently. Management here is iron fisted and this trickles down to the supervisors. Compensation was about what you would expect for this type of job. Co-workers made for a great atmosphere, pleasant folks for the most part. Comfortable environment. Stressful work. Caution: may lead to anxiety attacks.
Productive work environment
BSA/AML compliance officer (Current Employee), Tampa,FLSeptember 8, 2014
I learned a lot about The Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering. I attended a two day seminar with other credit unions and was fully trained on SAR filing and other key components to BSA/AML.
Great Benefits
Member Financial Associate (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLAugust 12, 2014
This company offered great benefits however due to schooling I was unable to continue employment.
productive and fun work place
Member Solutions Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Trust is the defining principle of great workplaces — created through management’s credibility, the respect with which employees feel they are treated, and the extent to which employees expect to be treated fairly. The degree of pride and levels of authentic connection and camaraderie employees feel with one are additional essential components.
Wonderful company to work for
Teller (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: helping and educating our members
Cons: i wish i could advance my career quicker
I love the work that I do at Suncoast Credit union. Suncoast is a great company to work for! A typical day at work includes staying in balance throughout the day and balancing the machines and the branch. Always having a smile on your face and being polite and courteous to our members as well as employees. Letting your personality shine through but always being professional. The hardest part of my job is finding a mistake if I am out of balance while the most enjoyable part if finding and fixing the problem. I also love our members and to help our members as well as my co workers!
Always meeting new people
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 3, 2014
I truly enjoyed working in the atmosphere at SSFCU. Always busy and at times overwhelming but I worked with a great bunch of people.
Always meeting new people
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Riverview, FLAugust 3, 2014
Efficient and Friendly Environment
Mortgage Loan Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 18, 2014
Typical work hours are 8 - 5 and Monday through Friday. The atmosphere is easy going and very friendly. Staff and coworkers are great to get along with and all are hard workers. The company takes care of its employees as well as its members. When the economy took a downturn did not layoff any of its employees rather benefits were adjusted accordingly with the senior staff taking a lager percentage cut to ensure everyone would continue to be employed - this is by far the only company i know that has done this and a very logical strategy to support its employees.
Fun work place
MEMBER SERVICE FINANCIAL REP II (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: paid days off
Cons: short staff
I enjoyed the company and the customers. EVERYONE VERY PROFESSIONAL
Great company to work for!
Member Service Counselor/Teller (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great incentives for employees.
Loved working for the Credit Union and helping members. I learned a lot of the differences between banking and credit unions at this company.
Best place to work.
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2013
Pros: we had alot of pot lucks.
I had an amazing manager and co- workers. Everyone very understanding and ready to help. Like a second family. I learned how to handle difficult calls while maintaining your temper even if the call escalates. I enjoyed everything about my job and trying to help the members with their finances.
High number of employees with tenure
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2013
Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union mortgage department consistent of many employees who were very experienced and established. As a result, the department offered plenty of support to newcomers.

About Suncoast Credit Union

... One of the ten-largest credit unions in the US, Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union serves public and private school employees, – Read more

Suncoast Credit Union Salaries