Suncoast Credit Union Employee Reviews

They work hard and play hard together
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
We worked hard every day. But I have never worked any place where the Management tried so hard to make sure working there is a good experience for everyone; even a temporary worker.

Management takes the time to come of with fun ways to break the monotony of the work day. The departments I worked in mostly dealt with member services on the phone all day.

This company offers a lot of benefits and things like time off to volunteer at your favorite charity. They encourage participation in events around the community, often on company time at company expense. They celebrate everyone's success whether a team or individual success.
Pros
Lots of food available almost daily
Cons
The work itself was monotonous and could be boring at times.
With the right manager and team, a great place to work
Member Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2018
My first year with Suncoast was with a manager who was less than favorable, and we had very high turnover as a result. After requesting a transfer, I had three great years at Suncoast with a wonderful manager and team. There are plenty of training courses and opportunities to advance should you show you are committed, dependable and willing to learn.

The company itself has great benefits and there are always great additional employee incentives and rewards along the way.
Basic 9-5 setting
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
If you like sitting at desk from 9-5 and dealing with customers is would be a great work environment. On a typical day a work you handle large transactions at a very fast pace. The hardest part of the job would normally be on Fridays when members constantly came to the bank and you were able to get a break. the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to see new faces and having conversations with customers daily.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Good Place to use innovation skills.
Management and team members value employee ideas.
Fast Paced Work Environment.
Member Focused Credit Union.
Nice place to begin and end career for certain positions.
Promotes from within.
Nice workplace culture.
Pros
Employees, Management, Benefits
Cons
Good benefits training and coworkers
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2017
Financial services to members. Great community service. Hardest part of job was work life balance. Great training and room for advancement. ...................................................................
Productive & Fun Work Environment
MCC Lending Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
Phone calls regarding members accounts and / or members wanting to apply for a loan such as vehicle, personal credit card and etc. The work environment was very relaxed and fun. The actual manager I had was very down to earth and definitely not a micro manger. The most exciting part of the job was actual helping members obtain loans or figure out the problem before the end of the call. Hardest part is when your shift is over and their are no more members to help.
Pros
Good Shifts, Excellent Pay
Cons
Parking
Very busy, variety of job responsibilities.
Members Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 13, 2017
Very busy. Had a variety of job responsibilities. Learned about IRA's and Trust accounts. Enjoyed being able to help the members. Liked interviewing applicants for loans.
Pros
Set hours.
Cons
Breaks were not always at the same time but that is understandable when you had members to wait on.
Decent place to work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2017
Nice environment, fair wages, chances to advance. Chances to learn new work strategies. Management, however, watched every move you made, including listening in on phone calls, timing your conversations with members, and monitoring your emails.
Pros
Enjoyed more paid holidays than the average work place.
Cons
Egotistical management constantly watching every move you made.
Very enjoyable.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLSeptember 27, 2017
The reason I left this job was because of a pregnancy and a move. But overall I really enjoyed this job. It was never boring. Constant contact with customers.
If you like to deal with people this is the place for you
Member Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Everyday was a different workday at this job.One day it is as much a fun day and another it is a busy busy atmosphere.
Lots of customer service to young and old.
Giving expertise on options to the members.Lots of smiling and wonderful interactions
Pros
Busy all the time
Cons
new changes from day to day
Family oriented place with a strong focus in the community
Disputes (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I like working for Suncoast. I believe in the mission and I think we succeed in working to provide next level service to our members. We're a unique financial institution, aiming to satisfy, above and beyond, the needs of the members that keep us alive. This is also our challenge. We often find ourselves working harder (at times) than our competitors to meet the demands of our members after setting high expectations of service.
Pros
Family culture, great benefits, hires within
Cons
Pay could be more competitive, and work/life balance (in some areas)
Great Place with genuinely GOOD people
Member Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Working at Suncoast has been an amazing and fun experience. The training they provide for new employees in thorough and detail-oriented, and I really had a blast. A typical day at Suncoast can either be busy or slow, but on those busy days, time sure does fly. The best part of the busy days was all of us coming together to try to clear the line of members and working as a team. I would DEFINITELY say that Suncoast is not ONLY member oriented, but also EMPLOYEE oriented. It didn't feel like I was coming into a cold office or a busy boring job, but a relaxed and team oriented environment with GENUINELY good and kind coworkers. The hardest part of the job is trying to learn about all of the different types of accounts and learning about how loans work, but all in all, I would say this is an AMAZING place to work. Thank you Suncoast.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Friendly Environment, Hours
Cons
Nothing really
Fun for part-time, that's it
Staff/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I was hired at Suncoast Credit Union Arena after applying for the Barbara B. Mann next door. I was daunted by the shift, but the staff was friendly and the management was fair. A typical day was fairly slow-paced, and the only stress came when working busy events like basketball games and concerts. The hours are terribly fluctuate, going from 0 to 40 in a matter of weeks. If you're looking for a part-time job that requires minimal effort, then apply here. If you're looking to start a career, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
Free snacks, friendly staff
Cons
Inconsistent hours, minimal pay
Does depend on where you work
Member Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 17, 2017
Management & Above are Terrible. Growing more & more corporate everyday. The higher ups contradict themselves with day-to-day policies everyday. Managers are nothing but Pawns (so imagine what you will be) & political figures to make it seem like they care
Pros
The members
Official response from Suncoast Credit Union
August 23, 2017

This review concerns us and we are in the process of taking a close look at the specifics of this comment. Suncoast is fully invested in promoting a positive work culture and to ensure this, we routinely conduct anonymous employee surveys. Our most recent survey, conducted last month in July (2017) showed that 83% of our employees believe Suncoast Credit Union "provides a good working environment" and 78% of current employees say Suncoast “motivates me to give my best.” While we believe these numbers are respectable, we are always looking to improve. When we learn of a problem, we work as quickly as we reasonably can to correct it. Sometimes, it is a simple matter of strengthening communication with a team member to help them better understand or to answer outstanding questions or fears they may have. Based on other comments posted on Indeed, this concern is unusual, yet we acknowledge even one comment of this type is one too many. We are sincerely thankful you took the time to share your perspective - it helps us better understand the areas that need deeper exploration, offering us the opportunity to grow and improve. We’d love to see the 89% of employees who are "proud to be Suncoast Credit Union employees” grow even more!

Number one credit union in Florida
Senior Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2017
My 13 1/2 year career with Suncoast was not without its ups and downs but overall it is a great company to work for. Opportunities for advancement are present. The work culture is good. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in members financial lives. I became close to many members and enjoyed being part of their family. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I truly enjoyed my years there and had many people I admired and respected in Senior Staff and middle management. I worked only in the branches, not the main office. Branch life can be challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Great benefits package that includes paid eduction and matching 401k.
Cons
Low pay increases, PTO has it's disadvantages, they did away with the pension program
Fun and Family Oriented
Member advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2017
I really enjoyed this job because it was very family oriented among the employees. Everyone came to work and was ready to have a good day. We often did team activities to enhance our connections and all of our management always found new ways to challenge us to better our service provided to our members.
Pros
Diversity, Cultured
Cons
Advancement can be tough to achieve due to limited positions
Love The Company
ITM Teller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2017
I am looking for new opportunities to that is more in my field but this company is a great place to work. I work in the ITM teller department great department to expand and move up.
Pros
co-workers, benefits, pay
Cons
management
Great place to work!
Information Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
Suncoast cares about their employees and it shows in their everyday culture. They have great growth and opportunities were available for advancement at any time.
Pros
Company culture is excellent
enjoyed working here loved helping the members
Member Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 31, 2017
Was an awesome company to work for
benefits were great
pay was decent
work hours were awesome
met some very nice people while working here
lots of great classes to take to help you learn
Pros
great benefits
Productive work place! Everyone is so friendly
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 8, 2017
I really enjoy working here all of the staff are great to work with! The work culture is AMAZING! The hardest part about my job at this point is rolling with the punches! Things are changing everyday and that keeps us on our toes!
Compensation is reasonable plus they help with finances in ANY way they can! Awesome place all around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncoast Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2