Suncoast Credit Union Employee Reviews

Team Environment & Management
Teller Financial Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 14, 2016
I worked for Suncoast for 2 yrs and nothing but bully behavior from Supervisors. Playing favoritism with other coworkers.

All there veterans seem to have attitudes and take there frustration out on others.

I went to training and was disrespected there and I had to take it up with Manager.

I would not recommend anyone to work here. Lots of Veteran Bullies that work there. Even upper management.
Pros
LOVE THE MEMBERS
Cons
supervisors & upper management bullies
Mixed Feelings
Senior Member Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a variety of loan applications, and new accounts. Large portion of people requesting debit card replacement. Troubleshooting member issues.

Advancing and moving within the company tends to be difficult, unless you have family connections within the organization in management positions. I've seen many hard working individuals bypassed for others with a high ranking family member.

The most enjoyable aspect of this position is being able to help people. Helping someone achieve their financial goal is quite rewarding.
Pros
set hours
Cons
lack of advancement oppertunity
Fast Enviroment
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 18, 2016
Working at Suncoast was very productive. We had plenty of duties in a regular day, but Fridays were always slammed!...

Everything was very fast paced, I sometimes felt like I was a robot, especially while working at the drive thru.

It is perfect for those individuals who are looking for plenty of work to do.
Pros
fast paced, monday to friday only, holidays, vacations.
Cons
favoritism from supervisor, sick day use shaming.
Great pay horrible Manager
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 11, 2017
The pay is great, so is the training, however the systems are dated. They are stuck a decade behind any other banking system. We got email's regularly about security breaches and majority of them were by their own managers. Sad really.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
No real lunch breaks, most other things were horrible really.
Wonderful Credit Union
Senior Member Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Started as teller and worked up to Senior member Financial Officer. Originated consumer loans, home equity loans, and residential mortgages. Underwrote, approved loans. Met with members for loan signings.
Pros
Very caring company
Cons
fun work pace , fast paced
Member advocate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2017
great pace to work for the benefits however management is tough and little space to move up , the company has great incentives however slight errors can cause an increase in promotions.
Pros
workplace enviorment, benefits
Cons
pay, management
Suncoast Credit Union
NA (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Not a place for ambitious people. Your efforts to advance your career will be met with skepticism. Too many changes at one time with a lack of understanding on how the interrelated parts work together.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Culture, Lack of accountability
Fun, team environment with supportive management
Member Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 5, 2016
Suncoast was an all around great company. They treated their employees with respect and worked to empower them. Volunteer work is something this company values.

Worker benefits are great and there are a lot of opportunities to make small throughout the year and a large bonus at the end of the year.
Very high and mentally draining job which the company is very appreciative
Member Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2016
Being a customer service rep/ Members advocate, its basically assisting members with general information, completing transfers and also assisting with online banking daily.
Weekends and Holidays Off
Member Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 27, 2016
Suncoast is an employee oriented place to work; they do wonderful things for their employees like Universal Studios Weekend and paying for Schooling. There is advancement, but it is very competitive and limited.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off, employee oriented and great health care
Cons
not enough opportunity for advancement and clicky training department
Member Solutions Department Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2016
Overall a good place to work. Some areas need work as all places do but for the most part Suncoast Credit Union is an ideal place to start a career. I would recommend if needed.
room for growth
Operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
The company is awesome to work for. The managers care about the employees and take time to listen to what is needed. Work Schedule is flexible, tuition reimbursement.
The branch was a great team.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 31, 2016
Enjoyed my time working at that branch. Solid group of people, many have been working for over 5 years in the same location. Great reputation in the community.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Branch located in plaza
Great company to work for.
Teller Financial Associate/Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work is me helping roughly 120 - 160 members on the tellers side and roughly 25 - 35 members on the member service side since those transactions take longer. I have learned a lot about all of their products such as auto loans, credit cards, CD's etc. The management is great and very knowleldagble and so are all the employees. I cant say that there is a hard part of my job duties. The enjoyable part would be learning new things and helping members.
I love working at Suncoast, but I don't feel like I am being challenged or that I am improving upon myself there which is why I am searching for something new.
Great company
Member Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2016
I loved working at Suncoast Credit Union. The value their employees and understand work and home life balance. SCU strives to mentor and train their employees to grow with in the credit union. I loved working for Suncoast. I relocated to NY and that was the only reason for leaving.
Overal great to work for
Loan Analyst - Consumer Lending (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Suncoast is a great company but is not the best with pay or climbing the corporate lader. Communication is not a strong suit and can be used against you if you have the wrong manager but overal as a whole, the company does wonders for the community and treats there employees well with benifits - this is what kept me going.
Pros
Benifits, 401k matching
Cons
Advancment, Communication with managment
Very Productive and fun place to work
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2016
I loved working at Suncoast School Federal Credit Union, typical day at work was very fun could be stressful at times meeting our quotas, management was great no complaints. My co-worker were okay we worked well together, the hardest part about the job was balancing accounts, the most enjoyable part was the fun atmosphere.
Pros
Advancement, raises, employee reconignition
Cons
N/A
Changes
Member Contact Center Loan Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2016
*The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work
*Management makes changes without regards to the effects of front line staff.
*There are many co-workers who know what they are doing but due to sudden increases in staff the training has suffered.
Pros
Open office environment
Cons
Stressfull work environment
This place is a joke
Teller financial associate (Current Employee) –  Pasco County, FLDecember 10, 2015
Management is terrible, they don't put members first, let alone employees, no room for advancement unless you kiss butt, volunteer for everything and have nothing outside of work (kids, wife, husband etc) basically your life needs to be Suncoast , you need to be willing to step on everyone to get ahead and even then it might not matter, management care about one thing and that's themselves. Oh and the hours are horrible!!!! RUN FAR FAR FROM THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good job but stressful in my area
Card Services Representative (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2015
It is a very stressful routine job. If you are looking for a Banking position this is a good one. Co-workers are nice and team oriented. The hardest part of the job is that you need to work in 8 things at the same time and when one of the team is out the load is heavy.
Pros
401K, permanent position
Cons
Low salaries, micromanaging...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncoast Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2