SunCrest Home Health Employee Reviews

Corporate driven
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 21, 2015
Corporate driven. Poor benefits. excessive work hours. Highly disorganized. There is poor communication throughout from corporate to local branches and even from the scheduler to staff.
Pros
location
Cons
Low pay, long hours, poor benefits
I loved this job, but could no longer afford the low pay
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TnAugust 5, 2015
Working for Suncrest had many pros but they were overridden by the cons. The office staff were great at their job and were helpful, but they were also cliquey and gossipy. I worked their over a year and never "fit in". The scheduler was allowed to hire her family, so that family member got the close, and easier patients. I loved my patients which made up the majority of my day. It was rewarding to watch them heal, and go back to their lives.
Cons of the job were company instability, getting bought out and closing offices. Made a stressful environment. The insurance was expensive and had high deductibles. My final breaking point was the pay. Field staff were paid by how many cases completed and not hourly. We were not paid while we drove or while we charted. I would drive two or three hours a day without compensation. I spent many hours at night and on wknds charting, calling patients and Dr's without compensation. Btwn driving, charting, and phone calls I would have 10-20 hrs a week unpaid.
Pros
One on one patient care
Cons
Poor compensation and benefits
Good atmosphere, pleasant people to work with.
Branch Director/Director of Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TennesseeFebruary 26, 2015
Friendly, personable atmosphere. Weekly staff meetings, computer charting using HCHB, Visiting clinicians do excellent job. Office staff helpful and cooperative. Large corporation, based out of state.
Pros
relaxed branch atmosphere in fast paced business.
Cons
healthcare insurance premiums
stable company with reliable employment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be one on one pt care. Co workers available if needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had done everything possible for my pt to improve their quality of life.
Pros
working directly with pt and thier families
Cons
no milage pay
productive company
cota (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNJanuary 5, 2015
I would phone patients night before to schedule visit. I would see patients at scheduled time. I had to check vital signs and perform therapy as per plan of care written by OTR, I would educate patient and family on tech to increase independence with ADLs and IADLs. Management was great to work with. They treat therapist and nurses with respect and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and family, The hardest part of the job was sending patients to hospital in certain cases that was necessary. My co workers were terrific and worked well with all employees.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
low case loads
Subjective
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 7, 2014
As professionals, each person can create own experience and varies per individual
Great place if you want to starve
Homehealth LPN (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 5, 2014
Management will pick a pet project, work on it and leave everyone else in the dust. Your patient load will drop at the blink of an eye. New employees mean more to them than faithful employees. You will be forced out.
Challenging but rewarding
Director (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 5, 2014
stressful healthcare environment as is typical with home health. strong local management assistance, disconnect with corporate level.
Dont support employees and no communication
sales executive (Former Employee) –  cookeville tnJuly 31, 2014
Never was supported by upper management and never assisted to understand the problems of internal work issues of office. Not team player environment and no leadership at any level. Do not care about employees and shows too much favortism.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not work friendly
Suncrest is a job but it is not dependable income.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work is caring for my clients. I have learned that in home health you should have a back up plan because if a client gets sick then you may not have any work to bring in income.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 11, 2014
Calling all clients to make sure they know what time i will be coming to visit them that day so I can take vitals and give them baths. I learned that patience is the key to everything and that in this field that is what is based on and I have that without realizing it. The hardest part of the job was to see my patients suffer from certain illness but it also help motivate to make sure I make them more comfortable and happy than ever.
Good Company
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2014
Im a hard worker for this good comapny, and i have experience as a Office Coordinator and also Authorization experience for HMO's and Medicare Insurance
not a secure place to work
RN field case manager (Former Employee) –  TennApril 27, 2014
Company has sold too many times not stable and name they have been given does not provide good pt care nor have good outcomes. worked for over 2 years until company went bankrupt
Pros
no pros
Cons
too much paperwork, rn has to be on call at least every other weekend
Growing
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAMarch 13, 2014
The culture is totally different than pharmaceutical sales.
Pros
local offices
Cons
no comprehensive insurances
Nice people to work with.
Field RN (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 29, 2014
The company was bought out by Almost Family, prior to my arrival. There are a lot of changes taking place. The patients are very nice.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
lack of communication from office to field staff
Production environment that gave me excersise daily and free coffee and coco.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 8, 2013
I enjoy the day to day challenges of going to work because I always kept busy and if work was all caught up I would go and assist in other areas where needed. Then I would help train new employees as my supervisor would ask when the trainer was overwhelmed with several at one time. And it would be hard for me at work when I would see people walking around doing nothing when so much was in the department to complete. Where on the days I was able to come into knowing I still had a job was my most enjoyable times.
A lot of diversity and variety
Personal Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 30, 2013
In general, it was a decent place to work. The hardest part to work with is the office. They would hardly listen to the caregiver's concerns and that broke my heart as I was trying to get assistance for my clients. My clients were my most enjoyable aspect. It was a self motivated position with little supervision.
Pros
my sweet clients
Cons
trying to get proper assistance within the healthcare team
Loved working for Suncrest Private Duty
LPN Private Duty (Former Employee) –  Smithville, TNAugust 12, 2013
They were very understanding about my being military and needing temporary employment to build my skills. Took opportunities to tell me that the patients family and the office really liked me. That are encouraging and helpful. Ready to give work if you're a go getter. Always call you back and help you with a great attitude. Great training.
Pros
quick hire and great pay
working in the field was very flexiable i enjoyed it
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  riverdale, gaJuly 15, 2013
i work Monday -Friday some Saturdays I was able to work my own hours it was very flexible and i enjoyed my patients.
love the job, great co workers
LPN and scheduler (Current Employee) –  Adel, GAMay 17, 2013
I love home health, had great co workers. Hardest part of the job was traveling so many miles to patient homes. I loved the one on one with the patients.