Suncrest Hospice Employee Reviews

Excelent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
I've been a CNA for a while now and working for Suncrest has been the best job I have ever had as a CNA. The only company to actually care about its employees. The Phoenix office management is none like any other. Every time you walk in the office everyone knows you by name and asks how your day is going!! they are the best!!!!
Excellent Company
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2017
I had the opportunity to work for this company in the Phoenix office for a short period of time and loved every minute of it and every one I worked with. The only reason why I left was to move to a different area of nursing, otherwise I would have stayed with Suncrest as a Case Manager. They were very kind when I chose to leave and even said I could return if I chose to in the future.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Does not have an in-patient unit
I love this job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 29, 2017
I' ve been a CNA for a while now and working for Suncrest has been the best job I have ever had. The only company to actually care about its employees. The Colorado Springs office management is none like any other. Every time you walk in the office everyone knows you by name and asks how your day is going!! they are the best!!!!
Incompetence and Lack of Integrity are their guiding principles
ofc mgr/Dir of Aide/Volunteer svcs (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
If you're looking for a company without any integrity from top to bottom and full of incompetent people then this could be your dream job. Otherwise, run away and don't look back!
Pros
Cons
no integrity, incompetent, petty and mean
All about numbers
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 1, 2017
Suncrest Hospice is numbers driven. Staff is extremely overworked and expected to accommodate growing case loads with little consideration for quality of patient care. Benefits are mediocre particularly health insurance and pay is borderline low. Staff is constantly under pressure to see more patients with little regard for personal time. The culture at Suncrest is odd to say the least. Employees are expected to pull their weight and management seems out of touch and inconsiderate of the pressure put on field staff. There is an expectation that you must walk around with a smile plastered on your face despite the stress associated with hospice care. On a positive note I must say coworkers were some of the best in the business and field staff supports each other. But that said other than my colleagues there is little else about Suncrest that strikes a positive note. My advice.....look elsewhere and save your sanity.
Pros
Excellent field staff
Cons
Numbers driven, low pay and high caseloads
regarding not for profit
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYMay 16, 2017
Please know NOT FOR PROFIT IS means nothing more then how a company does their taxes, it doesn't make them better or more caring, it is a way to cycle money back into the company, all employees get paid like any other hospice and the owners still make millions of dollars.
All the business, without the heart
Minion who matters not. replaceable. (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
For Profit. Period. Numbers driven. Period. See how long you last if you don't admit someone they send you to admit because they don't meet criteria. Managers only interact with staff at meetings and if there's a problem. They take complaint calls first and never even give a second to the responder. You have to wear brightly colored scrubs and they give you 2 sets for a 5 day work week. You can purchase additional at a discount. Does every meeting need to be mandatory? really? This is a military set up that is selling hospice like any other commodity and don't dying people deserve better? Not a better way to deliver care, just a faster and more uncaring way.
Pros
location
Cons
see above
Unprofessional Workplace
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 27, 2016
After driving an hour in traffic for a scheduled interview, I waited 30 minutes before hearing from my interviewer. The nice receptionist texted her and then I was told it would be another 30. Needless to say, I left without the interview. An hour waiting for an interview was extremely unprofessional and easy to see their lack of respect toward employees and clients.
Pros
The receptionist was incredibly nice, friendly, and professional.
Cons
Waste of time.
Great Company with great Mission
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 27, 2016
Suncrest Hospice is a growing company that truly understands the values of taking care of patients and taking care of their staff. Caseloads are given to support the nurses and cna's and give a good balance. Dedicated on call staff to help with burn out and great care to the patients and families.
Suncrest needs to step up their game
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2016
This is a 'for-profit' hospice, and definitely feels that way at times. Suncrest is very admission-focused. In fact, we get bonuses based on meeting a "goal" number of admissions per month (though I beleive this has only happened twice in the past year because the goals aren't very realistic). With all the focus on admissions, we have grown VERY rapidly as a young company- I believe we now have 400+ patients in Denver alone, and have opened 3 offices outside of Denver in two years. The field staff (nurses and CNAs) have been forced to absorb the strain of this rapid, chaotic growth. As a somewhat experienced nurse, I'm used to being spread very thin. I'm used to not having enough time for each patient. I'm used to skipping lunch (and bathroom breaks). But Suncrest asks you to go above and beyond the "normal" nurse strain, day after day, with very little benefit- the pay is just ok, federal gas reimbursement doesn't really make up for the wear and tear on your car (not really Suncrest's fault), the mandatory meetings are overkill, NO HOLIDAY PAY if your normal shift falls on a holiday (what??), little to no feedback from management unless you do something incorrectly, dwindling positive vibes from the office staff. Our growth has really slowed down in the past few months, so I'm hoping to see some positive changes in terms of caseloads and number of visits for on-call staff while we all catch our breaths.

SIDE NOTE- I tried to give this company 3/5 stars in each category, but the 3-star button wouldn't highlight?? Obviously rigged ;)
Accepting and comfortable work enviornment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
Although there is some communication improvements needed Suncrest never made you feel like you didn't belong there. The team atmosphere is very pleasant. Routes and patient caseloads could be a little chaotic.
Upbeat professional culture, team focused.
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2016
I have been a nurse for many years and have never experienced such a positive work culture. There is a sincere commitment to doing the right thing for patients and families. This company will help you reach your full potential and excel at what you do. If you've been a nurse for any length of time, invariably you will meet a toxic person or find yourself in a toxic work environment. But with Suncrest the culture is upbeat, professional and team focused. However we all know that no work place is perfect. Orientation could be more structured and individualized. This has been recognized through feedback and being addressed. The mission statement is not some company line but rather effective in keeping us all focused on why and how we do our work. Don't fool yourself, hospice IS hard work. Documentation, driving and managing care always is when employed in hospice. But it seems less so with Suncrest as we support each other no matter what our role. If you want to join a growing company that supports your professional growth, where doing the best for patients and families is the goal, and work with fun people, then check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Pros
Supportive, growing company, team focused.
Cons
Orientation going through improvements
Rewarding service and work/life balance
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
Working in hospice with the dying and their loved ones is not for everyone, so you will hear from disgruntled employees from time to time. However, those who truly feel called to bring their best in service to the terminally ill will tell you that Suncrest Hospice is exemplary among similar organizations. Here I have found both the support and the respect I need to do my best work, and I am teamed with excellent nurses, social workers, and CNAs whose professionalism, compassion, and teamwork are above par. I have worked for other hospices and hospitals where it was impossible to maintain a healthy work-life balance, but Suncrest Hospice has reasonable expectations with a manageable patient caseload, plus it allows for autonomy in the field. Here my voice is heard and my input respected. Creative problem-solving is welcomed, and positive collaboration is praised. Hospice chaplaincy is definitely challenging but also rewarding work, and Suncrest empowers us to be our best.
Pros
supportive and encouraging atmosphere
Excellent employer
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2016
Suncrest is a great place to work with a positive atmosphere and supportive management team. They have great benefits and competitive pay. It's a positive work environment that supports the staff on a professional and personal level. It's a great team to be a part of.
Great opportunities! Fantastic people!
CNA Department (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2016
I have found Suncrest Hospice to be an amazingly warm, welcoming company to work for. The benefits are the best that I've seen. I have worked for a few larger healthcare companies in the past and never had the opportunities like I have had at Suncrest. You are just 1 person in a large company in other places. At Suncrest, you are heard and have easy access to the administrator, DON or other management personnel whenever you need them. Suncrest has awesome staff appreciation events to include Summer and Winter parties and CNA field day!! Healthcare can have its challenges in any environment you work in; finding the right group of people to support you through those challenges is what matters. Suncrest is that place with the right group of people to support you through any challenges that come up!
Pros
Great benefits, supportive staff
Changing the hospice experience!
RN (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2016
A for-profit hospice who is extremely mission-driven. Founded on and growing with the patients and the employees in mind! More hands-on patient care than any other. A culture of light-heartedness and camaraderie among teammates, extremely supportive and receptive upper management. Hard-working, dedicated professionals caring for patients and their families in their time of greatest need.
Pros
a culture of support, teamwork, and dedication to exceptional care
warning
former employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2016
All of the positive reviews are written by upper management in an attempt to keep this organization's rating high in the eyes of the public. Do not work for this company, you will undoubtedly regret it! It's a very simple model; upper management gets paid very well, while field workers get overworked and underpaid, (a pyramid scheme of sorts). Just know this, if you are not upper management, you are easily replaceable in their eyes, (get ready to walk on glass).. Extremely high turn over rate!
Pros
Field workers and their commitment to quality care.
Cons
Management, salary/compensation, and unrealistic workload which has led to burnout and such an incredible turnover rate.
For profit model. Success contributed to loss of patient care.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  DenverJanuary 26, 2016
The "foot soldiers" (i.e. RNs, Social Workers, CNAs, Chaplains) Are some of the most amazing people I work with. Unfortunately, it is run by a ceo and owners who mainly focus on company profit, with little regard for the wellbeing of its employees. Below average salaries. Huge caseloads. And, messages from on high: referral, referral, referral, while patient centered care falls to the wayside.
Pros
Autonomy. Flexible schedule. Co-workers.
Cons
For-Profit model, patient centered care non existent, CEO has little regard for the wellbeing of his employees.
Official response from Suncrest Hospice
August 8, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We're sorry that you've had such an unpleasant experience with our company. We are glad, though, to hear that your co-workers are excelling at their work and supporting one another and benefiting the community.

While we do strive to make the workplace as meaningful and enjoyable as we can, we do know that, inevitably, certain facets of the company are not always managed or maintained as they should be, and we apologize if this was consistent with your experience.

If you're interested and have the time, we'd love to speak with you to hear your concerns and get some feedback. Please contact our corporate office in Salt Lake City and request to speak with HR's supervisor.

Growing company w/ professional development opportunities
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2016
Suncrest growth = chance for YOU to grow. Growth at Suncrest has brought big challenges - ebb and flow of case loads, needing to change and train quickly. Management works to hire positive people and build supportive teams. Training happens regularly and I feel I can go to my co-workers and supervisor w/ concerns. Social workers get free supervision for clinical licensure and now even our CNAs have a ladder for professional development and mentoring.
Pros
professional development opportunities, positive coworkers, independent schedule
Cons
higher case loads during growth surges
RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2016
Management takes time with employees, recognizes work/life balance and a good resource when I have questions. Everyone works as a team, has a positive attitude and focuses on patient care. Great communication.
Pros
Positive attitudes and good communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncrest Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.