Sundance Catalog Employee Reviews

Easy and keeps you busy
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2017
Get a long with other workers and have fun. Management is easy going. Working overtime and they feed you lunch. And they got a basketball hoop so people can play during break.
Amazing People, Good Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2017
I loved everyone I worked with, the company was a little strict on a lot of policies that seemed a little absurd. Otherwise, I learned a lot from the company and my coworkers.
Laid back relaxed work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 27, 2017
This call center was one of the most laid back and relaxed call centers that I've ever worked at. Management knows your name after Day 2 and everyone is so helpful and ready to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Friendly, Laid Back, Relaxed, Quiet
Cons
Not enough hours
Decent.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West valley city, UTSeptember 4, 2017
I helped them move there warehouse to the a location in west valley city, UT. From there old location near Bangerter highway in west valley. Was temp that got hired on but left due to a better paying job. Place wasn't bad an the work is pretty easy, dock was a pain here an there but overall it wasn't bad. The people there were pretty polite an had respect for each other. Only reason l left is pay should of been better.
patience is a virtue
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 20, 2017
You have to have a lot of patience to work in the call center taking orders as the customers can be very demanding. Don't plan anything during the holiday season since you are working 6 days a week 8 hours plus a day.
Good First Time Warehouse Job
Temporary Shoe Packer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 31, 2016
Temporary Shoe Packer.

Pros:
•They trained me and told me exactly what needed to be done which was great because I've never worked in a Warehouse before.
•Management was very understanding. I had a lot of personal issues arise throughout my time at Sundance, even though it was only a Temporary Position, they were very considerate about which shifts worked best for me.
•They let the temps do overtime which was a plus for the Holidays.
•Every Saturday/Sunday they bought everyone lunch.

Cons:
•My friend also worked with me for a Temporary Position but she was on the base floor as an Apparel Picker. She didn't get trained properly by the worker that she was shadowing so she messed up on a few of her carts (yes, she asked questions). She then got yelled at, and when she tried explaining that she misunderstood what was taught to her, she got yelled at again for blaming someone else for the issues she was having. Every worker she asked for help told her the same thing, so when she got yelled at she was very confused.
•This isn't really a "Company Con" it's a "Personal Con."
I've always worked for company's where I was on the move. So when I got assigned the Shoe Packer position I had to stand in one area and do the same repetitive movements. I got used to the different kind of strain on my feet fairly quickly and I had to wear a wrist brace for about a week, but after that the job was very easy.
•Temporary.

Overall, It's really was a Good Job (for me).
Pros
Mostly Everything
Cons
Temporary, Miscommunication
Retail Nightmare
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Ive worked in retail management over 14 years and this was one of the worse when it comes to management support and communication. Corporate management micromanages daily while watching on cameras and scrutinize every detail. This company also plays favorites, discriminate and spread gossip. My team was full of young lazy egotistical children and older chatty women. There is big lack of communication and support of one another to do whats right for the store. Constantly given misdirection from multiple corporate people on what they think should be priority. No camaraderie at all, very vague instruction or direction and unwillingness to listen to feedback from store level.

Would not recommend this job to anyone who wants an enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Fun product
Cons
Poor Communication, Lack of organization, No support or trust in stores
productive, fast pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 5, 2016
organize products
pack product
scan product
co-workers very helpful
hardest part was learning how to do it all in the beginning
I enjoyed working and once in awhile the boss would buy everyone lunch
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
temporary
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 1, 2015
I loved working at Sundance. I had to find another job because I wasn't able to pay my bills with what I was making while employed there.
I spoke with great customer buying items for their loved ones during the Christmas Season.
Seasonal Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day was speaking to customers from all around the world just ordering merchandise for their loved ones for Christmas. I learned a lot from different people on their different styles of Christmas presents. The management team was absolutely amazing. The trainer would come out of training if you needed her to answer a question nobody else could answer. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful when you needed the extra help. The hardest part of my job was that it ended because it was a seasonal position. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers go through each catalog page by page until we found the perfect gift for that perfect person.
Pros
I spoke with wonderful customers just trying to find the right gift for their loved ones.
Cons
The job came to an end because it was seasonal.
Great Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 26, 2015
This Job was very exciting because of the products that were made & sold. It was also owned by Robert Redford.
Great place to work at!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 18, 2014
Great environment to work in and very friendly people. We had a great discount for the items. They were very expensive without the discount.
Warehouse work, great company, great products.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2014
Warehouse clerk. Pulling and picking orders. Fun place to work and great staff.
Pros
Great health and dental benefits.
Cons
None.
Fun job but only temporary.
Level 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 12, 2013
I really enjoyed working there and helping the customers shop over the phone. Everyone there was very helpful and patient as I learned everything. Unfortunately I only had a seasonal position and did not get to stay year round.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 20, 2012
Great people to work with, learned alot about sales also customer service, meeting sales goals, great management they allways work with you, Inbound calls, magazine orders.
Pros
customers
Cons
n/a
Progressive, Elite Online Catalog Company
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 15, 2012
Working with customer order data and creating reports based on the data. Creating and maintaining cubes, dimensions, and creating reports based on those technologies. Microsoft SQL Server stack is used (SSIS, SSAS, SSDS). Very laid back environment but yet project focused. Management is doesn't micro-manage but uses 'shock and awe' type management style which can be frustrating. Very little direction or foresight in IT department.
Pros
laid back environment, intangible benefits, healthcare and dental are exceptional, little perks
Cons
little direction, poor top down communication, poor it infrastructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundance Catalog. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2