Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Typical Sales Job
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2017
- Part time hours with decent benefits
- Commission based salary only
- Quite a bit of down time through the work day
- Extremely emotional environment with a lot of ups and downs
Vacation Packages
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAAugust 10, 2017
Cold call potential member's and offer them a gift when they came to an hour presentation about out travel company. "paint the picture" of the vacations we had to offer.
Very upbeat office setting
TSR (Former Employee) –  PaJuly 7, 2017
Very upbeat office setting. Unfortunately I think they do not give enough detailed training to new employees. Three days of Sundance school is NOT enough. You are left fumbling on a live call to answer questions. Its sounds very unprofessional, if you are liked in the office by the other TSR reps some will help you and lead you in the right direction, if not good luck. All in all your numbers reflect on managements numbers, if you do well with bookings and shows you could do no wrong.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Depending on the people you book to show up for thier appointment.
Worst place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 27, 2017
Timeshare scam job you lie all day to people. All they do to push to sell the timeshare scam you have to sell so many share or you are gone. They start the day with this pep rally song clapping and hollering to make you sell.
Pros
Cons
everything
Sundance Vacations is a fantastic place to work
Director of Digital Media (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 19, 2017
Sundance Vacations sells vacation packages to destinations in the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I work in the digital media department and in this position you are responsible for corporate communications regarding destinations, news, and events within the company. Our department maintains Sundance Vacations' online presence, including creating content and videos for the corporate websites as well as managing all social media outlets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with so many talented individuals.
Pros
Traveling to destinations offered by the company
Cons
I can't think of any
Amazing company to work for with great co-workers.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 18, 2017
I've been working at Sundance Vacations since March and it was the best decision of my life. I was a little nervous at first coming to a new company, working in a new department.. however I must say the training and support provided by the upper leadership team is awesome. I'm proud to say I work at Sundance Vacations.

Sundance Vacations rocks!
Pros
Great co-workers, good work balance, great healthcare and benefits
Not a fan
Sales (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 3, 2017
Management is the issue. Stuck in the past. $$$ is not what they claim it is either. Some good days, but many bad ones, and there will be charge backs.
Great place to work - IT department is the best
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 26, 2017
Great place to work- the owners care about the employees and the business. In the IT department, the job is fast paced and challenging - we are constantly learning and working with new technologies. We are a close team that supports each other. I would recommend it!
Pros
Daily lunch break included, teamwork, family/fun atmosphere
Loved it!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Habrouck Heights, NJApril 19, 2017
Sold vacations at wholesale rates to families who wanted to save money! We sent them to timeshare like resorts at very cheap rates. I was very good at what I did and thoroughly enjoyed my job because I knew I was saving families money while they were vacationing.
Pros
Vacations
Aweful place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 13, 2017
most days were slow its its all commission based selling vacations so if no one bought off of you you worked for nothing. hardest part was never having a paycheck. The most rewarding part was the training experience that i had to endure

Want to know more about Sundance Vacations?

Ask a question
Management Sucks
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 4, 2017
Management sucks! If you are comfortable with pressuring people into buying things, and possibly not getting paid for doing so should they cancel, then this is the job for you! Commissions go missing on a daily. The product itself is amazing, but the way the office was ran was horrible. The turn over rate is ridiculous. People don't stay around long for a reason.
Cons
No break, high pressure sales
Nice place to earn some extra cash
Exit Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 26, 2017
If your looking for a part time job to augment your income..... this is it!! If your not on tour then you can do your own thing. I loved this place when I lived in NJ.
Pros
of Sunday and Monday
Cons
I left NJ
Productive and Fun Workplace
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PA 18201January 4, 2017
Great job to work for. You get to play games. All you do is make phone calls to people who are interested in vacationing at some of the most nicest places. The hardest part is convincing others to go through with vacationing and coming to see us in person.
Pros
Play games, Parties
Cons
Need to convince people to come in to make sales
sundance
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PADecember 15, 2016
Sitting at the desk Advertising Vacation packages
Learned how to memorize a script with out looking at it
The Management is Great
Co workers where awesome
Trying to get People in seats
Fun and Exiting Enviroment
Pros
Lunches where Fun
Cons
i dont remember
Sundance vacations
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 25, 2016
It's a great place to work . You also can make your paycheck as big as you would like too. The management is great! The only thing I didn't care for is the fact that there always worried about talk time and also the fact that they have a point system. My coworkers were amazing the most amazing part about the job is because I was able to make as much money as I wanted to and the manager that I worked for was amazing and helped out so much when it was needed
Pros
They have a lot of benefits and you can make your paycheck as big as you want
Cons
Healthcare to expensive, point system
I enjoyed my job.
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 6, 2016
Every body was very pleasant to work with. I learned many new things. But moved on because there was better money to be made else where.
high turnover for a reason
Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 1, 2016
DC office brutal environment. Very high turnover of sales staff. Seemed every other week people left and new ones hired. Not very many prospects but huge expectations. Unqualified leads. Nonstop loud music and no job security. Awful evenings hours until 10PM. Salary sucks with only first month guaranteed.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
evening hours, no decent leads, tedium, no job security
Beginning Jon
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 31, 2016
This was one of my first jobs and I absolutely enjoyed it! I was on the confections and snacks team so I dealt with accounts with Nestle, Wonka, and Kraft. The callers were super friendly, the co workers were friendly and the management was excellent.
Very Fun
Call Center and Marketing Consulting (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 4, 2016
Very fun environment pays well employee focused they give away many things every month to motivate the sales reps like rewards and incentives
...
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 10, 2015
Sundance Vacations is actually pretty harsh with the time requirements. They need to fix the timing because life does happen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sundance Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.