Sundance Vacations

Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews

good safe place to work
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Shamokin paMay 8, 2015
this is a good place to work .you are on the phone trying to get people come in for a vacation . it is fun job at times. you learn how to handle people. management is okay. hardest part of job is being hung up on because you cant do anything about it. the most enjoyable part being to able speak with some really nice people.
Hard-working and Hilarious Team That Knows How to Have Fun!
involved in Marketing (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Hour-long lunch, flexible with appointments and personal needs, healthcare, dental, and eye benefits, and great location right by the mall
Cons: Would like more vacation time ;)
I am currently an employee involved in marketing at Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre.

My co-workers are funny and playful, yet they work very hard to help promote Sundance Vacations. They are brutally intelligent and innovative, always willing to adapt and make changes necessary for growth,

Whether it be on social media, with coordinating text-to-win, Traveler of the Day, and other contests, or working with charities, we are always busy.

Busy is good; busy makes the day fly by. The management team is equally as dedicated and warm, creating a great environment for work and play.

You know everyone by name. That's important to me, to not just be a body in a great sea of employees.

I enjoy being able to see happy travelers having the time of their lives on their Sundance Vacations and promoting it to show others the magic of taking vacations.

The company is very involved in giving back and the owners John and Tina Dowd are very charitable. Employees constantly volunteer their time at animal shelters, illness benefits, and more. I've been to an event or two myself and it always feels so good to help those in need.

We earn dress-down days for doing very simple things and it makes for a more comfortable environment. Who doesn't like coming to work in a sweatshirt and jeans?

The Sundance Vacations team is open to new ideas and very responsive to your efforts. If you put in the effort and strive to produce positive results, everyone wins.

Overall, I'm very happy working for Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre and I would recommend it to others.
FUN
TSR (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Sundance Vacation was very up beat and I loved it. Sundance was very welcoming. The employees were all uplifting and encourage you while your there.
Fast paced, encouraging company to work for.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, PAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed helping people get the vacations they dreamed off for the price they wanted.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work involves mostly paperwork but there is plenty of down time. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything organized when the office gets busy, but the management team along with my co-workers are always available to help where they can. The people make this job what it is.
Was ok
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PAAugust 5, 2014
Not for a long term. They tend to under pay employees and work them hard. Typical of what you would expect from a call center
Enthusiastic environment that instills drive and persistence
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee), Tamaqua, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: sufficient training, discount travel, benefits, promotion availability
Cons: part time hours
On an average day, you are able to communicate with various people in a professional environment. Management is incredible by promoting success and encouraging hard work and dedication. My co-workers are all family to me and we act as a team to reach our collective goals.
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Marketing Lead Generator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2014
Challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to gain experience in many different skill sets. The company culture rewards hard work, and is based on collaboration and teamwork.
Fantastic Place to Work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great culture and amazing team
Cons: i just wish it were located in a slightly more metropolitan area!
The moment I walked into this company I could tell they had an excellent culture. All of the employees I met were motivated and enthusiastic. I see elements of the Zappos' environment and culture here. Sundance Vacations even has a culture book they print yearly which highlights employees and their accomplishments along with special customer moments. They do an awesome job of rewarding and recognizing their employees as was evident by their lengthy and impressive employee awards show at the annual blowout holiday party. The owners are great people and I am obviously biased since I still work here, but I have really enjoyed my time at this company so far.
Fun Company with Fun People
TSR (Former Employee), Tamaqua, PADecember 23, 2013
Pros: nice co workers, friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons: rude people
I had a part time job with Sundance and it was so much better than my full time job. The people are friendly and everyone had a good time. The hardest part of the day was just dealing with some of the more rude and vulgar customers.
Fun work place!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea, staff lounge and promotional lunch from expected sales.
Cons: no previous sales expectation at visit, and no personal time or breaks outside of the office.
Sundance Vacations Inc. is the most exciting place I've worked. Its is family oriented and lots of enthusiasm and daily pep rally for team effort with staff. I learned a lot as a sales consultant with great expectations daily. The hardest part of the job was persuading first time client visits to purchase vacation weeks from a new company at this new area and office. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and conversing with new potential clients about our company benefits we offered everyone who walked in the office.
Marketing company
Marketer (Former Employee), Shamokin, PASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: no overtime
Cons: commission based pay
Telemarketing for vacation packages.
Commission based on customers booking appointments and showing up to the appointments.
Fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, PAApril 21, 2013
Pros: part time
Cons: repetitive
It was a very up beat and positive work place. It was very repetitive but that's how you learned your job.
Friendly and fun environment
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: the money was good, the people were nice, the culture of the place was inspiring and i enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Cons: they placed a lot of pressure on you when people would hang up or couldn't be convinced to come in, even if you had went through all of the given rebuttals.
Everyone was to encourage others to do well. It was fun being competitive with others to see who could book the most shows, but it was also nice to be acknowledged for your achievements by your fellow coworkers.

A typical day at work consisted of sitting at your call station and making as many calls as possible to try to convince people to attend a show where they would be informed about vacation packages.

I learned that I can persuade people well and that I am better at dealing with strangers and their tempers better than I had expected. I learned I have more patience than most people.

The night shift manager I had was very rude. I was told I would be paid $10/hr until my first call off, then my pay would be reduced to $8/hr. I only called off when there was a state of emergency and they told me I was going to be penalized with the pay reduction, which I felt was unfair and unethical, so I put in my two weeks notice.
Normal Day
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Shamokin, PADecember 5, 2012
Pros: nice work environment
Called private landlines to try and sale vacations and luxurious cruises. Learned how to rebutle. Hardest part of job was convincing them to come to a show of our vacations and cruises. Enjoyable part of job was being able to relax and do my job comfortably.
Review
Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: v points
Cons: less hours
I liked the environment.
I liked the hours.
I liked the pay.
I Iiked Sundance overall.
always a good day at work
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee), hazleton paJuly 13, 2012
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: repetative voicemail recordings
very good place to work,friendly environment,good pay,health benefits comissions,spiffs,incentaves

About Sundance Vacations

Sundance Vacations provides discount vacations and wholesale travel options.

Sundance Vacations Salaries

$40,000 per year
Travel Consultant
$1,000 per week

Sundance Vacations Photos

Walking contest called Sole Survivor has everyone walking at lunch to win a trip to Hilton Head.
One of our core values is to have fun. This is our birthday celebration.