Sundance Vacations Employee Reviews in United States

Very Fun
Call Center and Marketing Consulting (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 4, 2016
Very fun environment pays well employee focused they give away many things every month to motivate the sales reps like rewards and incentives
...
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 10, 2015
Sundance Vacations is actually pretty harsh with the time requirements. They need to fix the timing because life does happen.
Selling vacation packages was a tough sell
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 4, 2015
Working for Sundance Vacations was a fun job, enabling families to afford vacations without buying into a timeshare situation.
Pros
Met interesting people, energetic atmosphere
Cons
straight commission, volatile marketing conditions
Fun place to work
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 4, 2015
Morning meeting are always fun, recognition for jobs accomplished, all of my coworkers are wonderful people. I learned that we are the ones accountable for the job we do in the end. It is my responsibility to do my job and do it right.
The management is very well trained and in turn trains the employees well!
In this job one must rebuttal people that they do not know. This is my biggest challenge, interacting with different people on the phone everyday!
Pros
Paid days off, employees having the ability to get trips and vacations, short work day.The ability to earn as much money as you can.
Busy place
TSR (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAAugust 22, 2015
Fun job with lots of nice people to work with. Had alot of fun things they did on your shifts. Lots of different promotions.
high pressure workfield
Telemarketing/Phone Operator/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAAugust 18, 2015
Nice place to be a part of although it's a high-pace environment. Would have liked for management to be more professional.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work but not fond of the job
TRS (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PaJuly 29, 2015
Sundance is a nice place to work. The people are friendly and the pay is ok. I am not particularly fond of being a TSR but there is always room for advancement.
good safe place to work
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shamokin paMay 8, 2015
this is a good place to work .you are on the phone trying to get people come in for a vacation . it is fun job at times. you learn how to handle people. management is okay. hardest part of job is being hung up on because you cant do anything about it. the most enjoyable part being to able speak with some really nice people.
Hard-working and Hilarious Team That Knows How to Have Fun!
involved in Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 8, 2015
I am currently an employee involved in marketing at Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre.

My co-workers are funny and playful, yet they work very hard to help promote Sundance Vacations. They are brutally intelligent and innovative, always willing to adapt and make changes necessary for growth,

Whether it be on social media, with coordinating text-to-win, Traveler of the Day, and other contests, or working with charities, we are always busy.

Busy is good; busy makes the day fly by. The management team is equally as dedicated and warm, creating a great environment for work and play.

You know everyone by name. That's important to me, to not just be a body in a great sea of employees.

I enjoy being able to see happy travelers having the time of their lives on their Sundance Vacations and promoting it to show others the magic of taking vacations.

The company is very involved in giving back and the owners John and Tina Dowd are very charitable. Employees constantly volunteer their time at animal shelters, illness benefits, and more. I've been to an event or two myself and it always feels so good to help those in need.

We earn dress-down days for doing very simple things and it makes for a more comfortable environment. Who doesn't like coming to work in a sweatshirt and jeans?

The Sundance Vacations team is open to new ideas and very responsive to your efforts. If you put in the effort and strive to produce positive results, everyone wins.

Overall, I'm very happy working for Sundance Vacations Wilkes-Barre and I would recommend it to others.
Pros
Hour-long lunch, flexible with appointments and personal needs, healthcare, dental, and eye benefits, and great location right by the mall
Cons
Would like more vacation time ;)
Fun
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Sundance Vacation was very up beat and I loved it. Sundance was very welcoming. The employees were all uplifting and encourage you while your there.
Fast paced, encouraging company to work for.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed helping people get the vacations they dreamed off for the price they wanted.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work involves mostly paperwork but there is plenty of down time. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything organized when the office gets busy, but the management team along with my co-workers are always available to help where they can. The people make this job what it is.
Was ok
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PAAugust 5, 2014
Not for a long term. They tend to under pay employees and work them hard. Typical of what you would expect from a call center
Enthusiastic environment that instills drive and persistence
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAJuly 21, 2014
On an average day, you are able to communicate with various people in a professional environment. Management is incredible by promoting success and encouraging hard work and dedication. My co-workers are all family to me and we act as a team to reach our collective goals.
Pros
sufficient training, discount travel, benefits, promotion availability
Cons
part time hours
Fantastic Place to Work
Director of Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 8, 2014
The moment I walked into this company I could tell they had an excellent culture. All of the employees I met were motivated and enthusiastic. I see elements of the Zappos' environment and culture here. Sundance Vacations even has a culture book they print yearly which highlights employees and their accomplishments along with special customer moments. They do an awesome job of rewarding and recognizing their employees as was evident by their lengthy and impressive employee awards show at the annual blowout holiday party. The owners are great people and I am obviously biased since I still work here, but I have really enjoyed my time at this company so far.
Pros
great culture and amazing team
Cons
i just wish it were located in a slightly more metropolitan area!
Fun Company with Fun People
TSR (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 23, 2013
I had a part time job with Sundance and it was so much better than my full time job. The people are friendly and everyone had a good time. The hardest part of the day was just dealing with some of the more rude and vulgar customers.
Pros
nice co workers, friendly environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
rude people
Fun work place!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 18, 2013
Sundance Vacations Inc. is the most exciting place I've worked. Its is family oriented and lots of enthusiasm and daily pep rally for team effort with staff. I learned a lot as a sales consultant with great expectations daily. The hardest part of the job was persuading first time client visits to purchase vacation weeks from a new company at this new area and office. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and conversing with new potential clients about our company benefits we offered everyone who walked in the office.
Pros
free coffee and tea, staff lounge and promotional lunch from expected sales.
Cons
no previous sales expectation at visit, and no personal time or breaks outside of the office.
Marketing company
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PASeptember 7, 2013
Telemarketing for vacation packages.
Commission based on customers booking appointments and showing up to the appointments.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
commission based pay
Fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAApril 21, 2013
It was a very up beat and positive work place. It was very repetitive but that's how you learned your job.
Pros
part time
Cons
repetitive
Friendly and fun environment
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 26, 2013
Everyone was to encourage others to do well. It was fun being competitive with others to see who could book the most shows, but it was also nice to be acknowledged for your achievements by your fellow coworkers.

A typical day at work consisted of sitting at your call station and making as many calls as possible to try to convince people to attend a show where they would be informed about vacation packages.

I learned that I can persuade people well and that I am better at dealing with strangers and their tempers better than I had expected. I learned I have more patience than most people.

The night shift manager I had was very rude. I was told I would be paid $10/hr until my first call off, then my pay would be reduced to $8/hr. I only called off when there was a state of emergency and they told me I was going to be penalized with the pay reduction, which I felt was unfair and unethical, so I put in my two weeks notice.
Pros
the money was good, the people were nice, the culture of the place was inspiring and i enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Cons
they placed a lot of pressure on you when people would hang up or couldn't be convinced to come in, even if you had went through all of the given rebuttals.