SUNDT CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

was a 10 to 12 hour a day job
construction worker (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZDecember 5, 2015
i was a helper in pipe fitting, i loved it, was outdoors and we prefab ed steel pipes for a mine. the job was great. i did all the jobs, mainly was in high places but heights don't scare me. its apart of the job, the pay was great.
Not productive, No support from management. Shorted hours and perdeem
Carpenter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  El Paso , TexasMay 21, 2015
Some management seemed incompetent to perform or schedule work productively. No support from Superintendents to foreman with correct job information.
Carpenter Foreman
CARPENTER FOREMAN in the concrete division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2015
The three years spent working for SUNDT CONTRUCTION transitioned my work experience to COMMERCIAL. My career at Sundt was incredibly challenging and rewarding while my rise through the ranks at Sundt speaks to my ability to adapt and thrive within a new segment of the construction industry.
Challenging but not they sort of challenge that really interests me
Field/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 1, 2015
Sundt is a great company but i feel it is time for me to move on. A typical day at work included operated a robotic total station to provide the craft workers with locations to build/place things. Writing RFIs. logging invoices and tracking material logs.
I am a Part of a Great Team
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMarch 27, 2015
My project is the most organized construction project I have ever been on. There is "The Sundt Way" for everything and I really enjoy working here. If I could work here and live in the same place I would but like a lot of construction companies, you cant do that.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Move around A lot
Employee owned company, open door policy
Plumber/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 31, 2014
Everyone on this crew works really good together, no one hesitates to lend a hand when needed.
Low end wages, poor benefits, culture of being cheap for ESOP gains.
Rental and Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2014
Days are expected to exceed 9 hours and will work weekends more that twice a week. Health care benefits are at the bottom of the benefit packages I have ever seen. Management acts as if they are doing you a favor allowing you to work for them and will never acknowledge you for doing a good job. Pay scale is at the bottom of the industry. Nothing special about this company at all.
Pros
good people that don't know better work here.
Cons
long hours, poor benefits, culture of being cheap, management won't acknowledge good work.
Great company
CAPENTER (Former Employee) –  phoenix, AzAugust 28, 2014
great work environment
learned teamwork
management encouraged opinions
co-workers all get along
hardest part of job is the heat
the most enjoyable is the benefits
challenging!!!
Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 13, 2014
very good working environment. challenging and fun. learned a lot of management procedures. co-workers where excellent. hardest part of the job was probably working on Saturdays. Most enjoyable was to see the work in progress.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
structure limitations
good company but no place for advancing
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 1, 2014
awesome company to work for but no place to transfer to. brought a crew and I from a different company to get caught up. finished everything and laid us off like we were never there
Pros
overtime
Cons
1 break for 10 hours. 8 hour day you get no lunch or break
full of energy
Structural Welder, Wire Feed Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, AZJune 10, 2014
getting to work and do what I got to do as fast and correct. learned that it is a hard working job but welling to put the effort into it. management knows what they want and get what they want at the end of the day and that's what every work environment need. hardest part is traveling to job to job for shut downs. despite all the tired and the difficult days at work I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Cons
health care
No work to speak of in Phoenix, out of town always
Field Engineer/Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2014
If you don't mind being away from your family, then its not a bad company.
So So...
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 3, 2014
This was not my favorite job, lack of communication and not a lot of challenge.
Concrete Division
Field Engineer II- Concrete Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, Az, California, TexasJanuary 8, 2014
My position at Sundt as a Field Engineer provided me with many challenges.I would review daily with personnel what they required and review that the work being placed was being done in the correct alignments, elevation and included all plans and specification requirements.
I was exposed to many new aspects of building construction and with teaming with individuals, foremen, and superintentants was able to creat a impact on the final project quality and reduce rework.
The largest issue I faced was the lack of support or cooordination from the next level managers. Support in dealing with personnel issues. Coordination with sharing the schedule and project goals. Also, when working or asked to work out of town there is no lead time to coordinate issues with personal life. Travel periods were often extended without discussion for weeks or months leaving a uncertain impact on how to continue the responsiblities of my household. This was the hardest part of this position an one that I had not experienced in the past with previous employers.
The challenges and opportunities to be involved in new types of work situations was the most enjoyable portion of the job. I appreciated the trust I recieved in the completion of my work.
Pros
benefits, learning enviroment
Cons
travel without notice, extentions of travel periods
Great place to work. The company has a bright future.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  SacramentoAugust 24, 2013
This job consists of day to day management of construction operations within the commercial building industry. Ive learned to manage subcontractors day to day activities. Including operations, scheduling, quality, safety, and customer relationships. Sundt has a great group of people. Thier is no doubt that this company will continue to do well in the construction industry. The hardest part of this job is the travel while trying to raise a family. The most enjoyable part of working for Sundt is the job itself. The ability to take a project from start to finish while building relationships with customers and subcontractors gives a great feeling of accomplishment.
VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2013
SMALLER COMPANY THAN PERINI BLDG CO. WAS BUT HAD THE SAME VALUES AS PERINI.LIKED WORKING FOR SUNDT. I FELT THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER CHALLENGE IN LIFE. JUST WISH THEY HAD MORE WORK.
Pros
.salary was good, benifits were excellent, personnel were easy to get along with.
Cons
didn, t like to travel that muchbut have to go where the work is.
Work
Field Service Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  MechanicJune 13, 2013
: Providing mechanical maintenance on heavy wheeled equipment consisting of 210LE Gannon Loader, 624J John Deere, Ingersoll Rand Roller SD-45 equipped with Cummings B3.3 Model, ( CAT) Caterpillar Dozier, Crawler D5MXL providing prevented maintenance and services in the field as a Service Engine.
Pros
good company
Cons
no cons
Great people and a great company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2013
A day at Sundt is challenging and fun. You will learn a lot and be supported by a great team. Their ESOP is one of the best in the country. I recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
good retirement plan
first place of employment in construction
Welder's helper/ pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2013
started out as helper than learned to weld. from there i loved doing what i did very much
It's not how you do it, It's how you work.
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2012
Fun working with the Sundt team. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together and getting the job done.
Pros
great place to work with benefits.

4.2