SUNDT CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Good Company benefits and Culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2017
Sundt is a great company, the transportation division moved me around very frequently and I was compensated well for that. The market in Texas has been strong for heavy civil construction so Sundt has had difficulty winning more hard bid work to keep crews and employees in the same location for more than 2 years.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Miami, AZJune 2, 2017
Everyday starts off with a great and positive attitude, everyone is optomistic about the day and ready to start. It makes you want to go to work and interact with everyone
Great opportunity for starters
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 22, 2017
An at-your-pace company. Be motivated by choice. Plenty of opportunities to learn if desire. Many inexperience workers but mistakes are learnt. Safety is priority and is delivered. Quality is under production category and understaff.
Pros
Weekly safety gifts
Cons
Plenty of incompetent workers
not one of my better experience
carpenter/labourer (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMay 20, 2017
Lived away from home the uniter ten months. Was denied any competition for expense. Super got upset when I asked about it. Most of my coworkers were good people. Within a few weeks after being layed off my crew was transferred to a job site about 10 minutes from my house.
Pros
pay was okay
Cons
away from home/no perdiem
Good company to work for
Laborer/Helper /Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2017
Gain many skills and trades and this job, very caring for thier employees. Would like to reapply for the company to gain more knowledge of various skills
Great company real sorry I left
Feild Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2017
One of the best company's I've ever worked for since I've been in this industry.I went from a craft employee to a salaried employee in a short amount of time and wish I never left.
good work, poor management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 27, 2017
Did meet a lot of good people and good job experiences were fun. Management don't care and safety isn't #1 for them. favoritism, and don't get you an advance of when you'll get laid off nor a transfer to another location for work.
Pros
good work experiences
Cons
management sucks
Pay was good
Iorn Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 13, 2016
The knowledge I received will help further my career in any other field. I was told that I would be receiving training in welding and other job growth abilities and it was never fallowed threw due to the several management changes that took place.
Pros
Knowladge growth
Cons
to much management
Overall good culture, but too political and employees are too often undervalued
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 16, 2016
Could be a good place to work if you pass the popularity contest and align yourself with the right people. Lots of egos and delusions of grandeur amongst all levels of management.
Not invested enough in getting to know employees all the way at the bottom of the totem pole, or learning what value they could potentially contribute. This leads to the loss of talented and committed employees.
Working for Sundt
Heavy Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2016
Sundt construction was a good job, but was always having to move my family to different states. Worked with some good people,and enjoyed doing what I love to do.
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Moved to much, worked you to much
Had a good repore with the foermen and was able to hit the casinos
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Central City, COJuly 13, 2016
Every day was something different form pouring floors to walls columns etc..got along with all of my coworkers, learned that everybody's opinion is worth taking into consideration. The hardest part of the job was working in the freezing cold.
Pros
Was making good money no that job
Cons
Got laid off.
The least cohesivelly managed company I have ever encountered
Senior super step II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 24, 2016
15 hour days with little or no support towards the completion of the project in the field. all efforts are concentrated on improving schedule on paper without any regard to the reality in the field just 50 ft. from the job office
Pros
resonable compansation as long as you can last
Cons
no personal time left
good company,great opportunity with saftey
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2016
Helping with fire watch, tool room, grinding assisting with different task with different trades
Followed all safety requirements each day to have proper work sheets for different task for each job.
I liked my supervisor he gave great knowledge for saftey and our crew to get the job done.
saftey gave a chance to work on there crew with saftey to keep our job site safe from any injuries.
Productive and hardworking
Operator, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 28, 2016
Wastes no time in getting the job done with safety always put first. All employees looked out for one another with safety in mind.
Awesome Construction Jobs
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZMarch 14, 2016
I work for this company and they are awesome employee. We have safety meeting each morning and they have tents and water out for all employees. well taken care of..
Employee Owned
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZMarch 2, 2016
Excellent career choice. This company is Employee Owned. It has many divisions in the construction industry. Home office located in Tempe, AZ. The benefit packages are ideal for families.
Didn't work to long for them, would have like to stay long term.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 9, 2016
Company seemed to grow at quick rate, the ESOP is good for those who have worked there a while.
Good use of prolog as management tool.
They experienced a loss of education projects and caused to cut back on some good employees.
Enlightening environment where superiors really tried to teach as much as possible
Intern/Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work included making sure the construction drawings and RFI's were up to date, taking walks around the site to make sure the sub contractors were complying with all safety regulations and working according to schedule, sitting in on project meetings, small side tasks that needed to be taken care of and shadowing my mentor. I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes during a construction project.
Challenging work place with good training
Front line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 6, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge, great management and coworkers who are willing to teach you to advance your career. Great place to work as long as you dont mind the traveling and time away from your family.
Pros
great money
Cons
alot of traveling
was a 10 to 12 hour a day job
construction worker (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZDecember 5, 2015
i was a helper in pipe fitting, i loved it, was outdoors and we prefab ed steel pipes for a mine. the job was great. i did all the jobs, mainly was in high places but heights don't scare me. its apart of the job, the pay was great.