SUNDT CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging work place with good training
Front line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 6, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge, great management and coworkers who are willing to teach you to advance your career. Great place to work as long as you dont mind the traveling and time away from your family.
Pros
great money
Cons
alot of traveling
good company,great opportunity with saftey
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2016
Helping with fire watch, tool room, grinding assisting with different task with different trades
Followed all safety requirements each day to have proper work sheets for different task for each job.
I liked my supervisor he gave great knowledge for saftey and our crew to get the job done.
saftey gave a chance to work on there crew with saftey to keep our job site safe from any injuries.
The least cohesivelly managed company I have ever encountered
Senior super step II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 24, 2016
15 hour days with little or no support towards the completion of the project in the field. all efforts are concentrated on improving schedule on paper without any regard to the reality in the field just 50 ft. from the job office
Pros
resonable compansation as long as you can last
Cons
no personal time left
Didn't work to long for them, would have like to stay long term.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 9, 2016
Company seemed to grow at quick rate, the ESOP is good for those who have worked there a while.
Good use of prolog as management tool.
They experienced a loss of education projects and caused to cut back on some good employees.
Employee Owned
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZMarch 2, 2016
Excellent career choice. This company is Employee Owned. It has many divisions in the construction industry. Home office located in Tempe, AZ. The benefit packages are ideal for families.
Enlightening environment where superiors really tried to teach as much as possible
Intern/Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work included making sure the construction drawings and RFI's were up to date, taking walks around the site to make sure the sub contractors were complying with all safety regulations and working according to schedule, sitting in on project meetings, small side tasks that needed to be taken care of and shadowing my mentor. I learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes during a construction project.
Low end wages, poor benefits, culture of being cheap for ESOP gains.
Rental and Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2014
Days are expected to exceed 9 hours and will work weekends more that twice a week. Health care benefits are at the bottom of the benefit packages I have ever seen. Management acts as if they are doing you a favor allowing you to work for them and will never acknowledge you for doing a good job. Pay scale is at the bottom of the industry. Nothing special about this company at all.
Pros
good people that don't know better work here.
Cons
long hours, poor benefits, culture of being cheap, management won't acknowledge good work.
Great place to work. The company has a bright future.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  SacramentoAugust 24, 2013
This job consists of day to day management of construction operations within the commercial building industry. Ive learned to manage subcontractors day to day activities. Including operations, scheduling, quality, safety, and customer relationships. Sundt has a great group of people. Thier is no doubt that this company will continue to do well in the construction industry. The hardest part of this job is the travel while trying to raise a family. The most enjoyable part of working for Sundt is the job itself. The ability to take a project from start to finish while building relationships with customers and subcontractors gives a great feeling of accomplishment.
Productive and hardworking
Operator, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 28, 2016
Wastes no time in getting the job done with safety always put first. All employees looked out for one another with safety in mind.
Awesome Construction Jobs
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZMarch 14, 2016
I work for this company and they are awesome employee. We have safety meeting each morning and they have tents and water out for all employees. well taken care of..
was a 10 to 12 hour a day job
construction worker (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZDecember 5, 2015
i was a helper in pipe fitting, i loved it, was outdoors and we prefab ed steel pipes for a mine. the job was great. i did all the jobs, mainly was in high places but heights don't scare me. its apart of the job, the pay was great.
Very good company to work for.
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2013
Smaller company than perini bldg co. Was but had the same values as perini.Liked working for sundt. I felt this was just another challenge in life. Just wish they had more work.
Pros
.salary was good, benifits were excellent, personnel were easy to get along with.
Cons
didn, t like to travel that muchbut have to go where the work is.
a very productive an enjoyable atomsphere
form carpenter (Former Employee) –  All over phoenix an in flagstaffJanuary 25, 2012
a great place to work at an very understanding co-workers an management also were a great bunch to work for thus production was also great
Pros
benefits an all the luncheon an bonus
Cons
hardly any to complain about
Great company
CAPENTER (Former Employee) –  phoenix, AzAugust 28, 2014
great work environment
learned teamwork
management encouraged opinions
co-workers all get along
hardest part of job is the heat
the most enjoyable is the benefits
Concrete Division
Field Engineer II- Concrete Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, Az, California, TexasJanuary 8, 2014
My position at Sundt as a Field Engineer provided me with many challenges.I would review daily with personnel what they required and review that the work being placed was being done in the correct alignments, elevation and included all plans and specification requirements.
I was exposed to many new aspects of building construction and with teaming with individuals, foremen, and superintentants was able to creat a impact on the final project quality and reduce rework.
The largest issue I faced was the lack of support or cooordination from the next level managers. Support in dealing with personnel issues. Coordination with sharing the schedule and project goals. Also, when working or asked to work out of town there is no lead time to coordinate issues with personal life. Travel periods were often extended without discussion for weeks or months leaving a uncertain impact on how to continue the responsiblities of my household. This was the hardest part of this position an one that I had not experienced in the past with previous employers.
The challenges and opportunities to be involved in new types of work situations was the most enjoyable portion of the job. I appreciated the trust I recieved in the completion of my work.
Pros
benefits, learning enviroment
Cons
travel without notice, extentions of travel periods
It's not how you do it, It's how you work.
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2012
Fun working with the Sundt team. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together and getting the job done.
Pros
great place to work with benefits.
Construction industry - big firm
General Clerk/Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2012
Very nice company to work for. Excellent benefits package. Fancy office.
Carpenter Foreman
CARPENTER FOREMAN in the concrete division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2015
The three years spent working for SUNDT CONTRUCTION transitioned my work experience to COMMERCIAL. My career at Sundt was incredibly challenging and rewarding while my rise through the ranks at Sundt speaks to my ability to adapt and thrive within a new segment of the construction industry.
full of energy
Structural Welder, Wire Feed Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, AZJune 10, 2014
getting to work and do what I got to do as fast and correct. learned that it is a hard working job but welling to put the effort into it. management knows what they want and get what they want at the end of the day and that's what every work environment need. hardest part is traveling to job to job for shut downs. despite all the tired and the difficult days at work I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Cons
health care
Not productive, No support from management. Shorted hours and perdeem
Carpenter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  El Paso , TexasMay 21, 2015
Some management seemed incompetent to perform or schedule work productively. No support from Superintendents to foreman with correct job information.

4.3