SunEdison Employee Reviews

Great compensation and employee benefits; Team atmosphere
senior accountant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 21, 2015
Developed several key controls and processes for special projects and month-end procedures. Month end and quarter end financial statement preparation, analytically analysis, reconciliations, and journal entries. Presented financial statements and analysis directly with upper management.
Pros
free lunches, salary, employee benefits
Cons
long hours, job security
It was great then it became a tough place to work
Director Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAAugust 16, 2016
I joined in 2014 and it was a great place to work, growing fast and many opportunities to make a difference. Management was overly aggressive trying to grow and buy other companies and this was the tipping point.

After August 2015, things began going awry with not much focus nor direction. The company went on a negative spiral until the BK became evident, still the CEO wouldn't accept failure and continue having grandiose plans and dreams.

It's so sad how the faith of the company ended up in value destruction for many investors and employees.
Pros
Good perks, salary, locations, telecommuting
Cons
Bad management, leadership
Terrible place to work
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 6, 2016
Sunedison is a terrible place to work. Management is the worst I have ever experienced. Most proposals and contracts have errors in them and the design team does not fix them. Every step of the process there are serious issues. From sales to installation it can take seven months and management does not resolve the issue, terrible customer service. If there is an issue with a project instead of resolving it they place the project in Sales Hold were it can remain in perpetuity. They have a step called Verification which the Credit/Verification team was supposed to perform but they never did, so they just put the projects on Sales Hold. I could go on and on. Recently they have been cheating me out of my commission. No wonder they are on the verge of bankruptcy. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Cons
Terrible management, not responsive to customers, cheated me out of commissin
Great learning experiences.
Clean Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day I will revive a verbal tie-in from the previous shift. Then check to make sure all available equipment is running. Check the portal for a tie-in from the production coordinator. Using computer programs look up product running that day find and stage the product. When finished processing take product to next operations. Maintain a clean work verbally tie-in with co-workers for breaks and meetings. Call management when equipment is down put equipment down in proper programs. The hardest part of my job is the long hours and mandatory holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job is being my own boss in away
Uneducated Wind Site Management-Lacking Maturity and Leadership
Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TexasJuly 14, 2016
I have had first hand knowledge working day to day of the white trash leadership that Sun Edison has brought onboard here in the Texas Panhandle.

They reek of incompetence and will destroy an organization in short order. The situation that was proposed to me each and everyday was completely negative and the site manager attempted fear and intimidation of the employees.

They did not succeed and have been terminated from continuing with Sun.

I am completely happy to be away from this toxic team!
Pros
Cons
Unstable Company, No Leadership, Uneducated Management
Hurry up and run then wait on product
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 29, 2016
My typical day at Sunedison is to get a tie-in with previous shift usually there are at least 3 of the machine are working or it doesn't have the product there to run anything ,so I will look on the the computer to see the overall tie-in throughout the line to see if there is a reason that the the tools are DFM, the read e-mail and help out on the others modules
Pros
When there is work your day seems to go by faster
Cons
When looking for work wile fully dress in Cleanroom suite it gets cold
Challenging place
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2015
Dynamic IT environment - you will be challenged at every step of the way. People skills are just as important and IT skills.

Wonderful IT folks at Riverport Saint Louis MO location.

Company likes to embrace tech and drives hard to make it happen.

pays well and good benefits
Pros
good benefits, friendly people
Cons
lacks leadership
Great Company but in trouble
Legal Counsel, Senior (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 4, 2016
I started very recently with SunEdison and was aware there had been some struggles in 2015. However, the struggles turned into a crisis in 2016 with a perfect storm of factors that have driven its market value to nearly 0. I like the culture, the diversity of employees that are from all over the world and the fact they are all excited about renewable energy. However, the financial issues have caused quite a few of those people to move on as the future us uncertain.
Pros
Culture, business
Cons
financial strains
Poorly managed, finiky, always in debt, never pay their bills
Engineering Director & Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Likes:
1) Try to do right by their people.
2) International company with opportunities to travel the world,
3) still - barely vertical company from Solar ingot to power plants.

Dislikes:
1) Always owes everyone money. Never pays bills on time. Always cash strapped. This is embarrassing and it is difficult to get work done when no-one wants to work with you.
2) Low salaries and small bonus,
3) Focused on company culture but not on results,
4) Short term focus,
5) No understanding of products and lack of commitment to product development,
6) Lack of talented people and lack of people with solar experience,
7) Can't focus on a path forward for more than a quarter,
8) Not good at integrating companies that they purchase,
9) Normal, standard business operations such as AP and IT are paralyzing ineffective. If you want to do anything, you need to do it yourself.
Regardless of the financial difficulties, safety was always 1st
Environmental Safety and Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 22, 2016
SunEdison in Pasadena Texas closed it doors due to financial difficulties. But through all of the financial troubles, the company maintained a safety culture that ensured the well-being of all of their employees.
Great Job, Poor Executive Management
Director of Sourcing & Procurement (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2016
I've loved most of my 6 years at SunEdison. We have a great team of people that are completely dedicated to bringing clean, reliable energy to people around the globe.

The attempted acquisition of Vivint Solar sparked the downfall of SunEdison in June 2015. Since them we've been in a downward spiral until we filed Chapter 11 in April 2016.
Pros
Job advancement, compensation, benefits, teamwork
Cons
Insolventcy
Steer Clear
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJuly 7, 2016
A promising renewable energy company that attracted creative, smart, high-energy people that was dismantled overnight due to increasing debt and risky growth strategy through M&A.
Pros
Incredible talent pool of people
Cons
Low morale, unrealistic goals set by Executives, overly optimistic, high attrition
Good people work here but it is a difficult place to work
Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 16, 2016
Poor management and not a good work/life balance but very good people work at SunEdison. Due to poor management and other extenuating circumstances, the company is now in bankruptcy.
Pros
Good benefits, good salary
Cons
poor management
Great company was drove into the ground by the executives.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 28, 2016
Started with a lot of promise for growth and opportunity and over the course of the year I worked here we are now bankrupt and waiting to find out our fate.
Pros
Great work life balance.
Cons
Upper management has no direction. No chance to advance.
Job
Fleet Operator/Water Treatment/SAF Powder (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Very good place to work. Have been here for 8 years and would have liked to continue here but the plant is closing down. I dealt with connecting full trailers of raw materials to off load for our process, disconnecting empty trailers after offloading, pressure testing empty trailers for leaks before shipping back to our supplier. Testing of process water for P/H and Fluorides and adjusting additives as needed for control. Training of new hires to our department. Loading and offloading Silane trailers and cylinders for our process.
Now defunct Solar Company
Director, Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CASeptember 7, 2016
Once a great place to work. Now Chapter 11. Company executives fell out of touch with core business model resulting in the collapse of the world's largest solar company.
Great Culture
Will Not Share (Current Employee) –  Will Not ShareAugust 31, 2016
SunEdison is very good to their employees.Employees stay very busy and co-workers are great.

The hardest part of SunEdison is the instability right now.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Instability
Started Out Great
Partner Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 25, 2016
This company started out great when I started last summer but quickly took a turn down a steep hill. The company had the wrong people making decisions at the top.
Great job while it lasted
Construction Quality Manager NAMR (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CASeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work but real leadership is lacking and bad financial decisions broke the bank. Great people but terrible management.
Great place to learn new skills
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 9, 2016
I love working at SunEdison. I have learned many new skills which will help me going forward. People I work with are intelligent and very helpful.

2.3