Sunflower Bank Employee Reviews

Having just gone through a merger change is always hard but if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, there are good things to come.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 8, 2017
No employer is ever perfect however, this is a great place to start your banking career. You’ll definitely learn all the ins and outs on how to do your job and also be crossed trained in other areas.
Pros
Good benefits and very affordable. Lots of opportunity. Upbeat and motivated management
Cons
Processes need some attention.
Very traditional banking culture
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2017
This is just another bank that does not value employees or the culture. This bank isn't interested in creating long term employees or business relationships.
Pros
expense account
Cons
weak leadership in place and bad culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COAugust 28, 2017
The work place enviorment was friendly and I enjoyed working with my co-workers and customers. The only downside is that they need to improve on communication between management and employees.
Great place
Loan Operations- Booking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 21, 2017
It was a great working environment. The folks there were friendly and helpful. Paid time off was generous. Pay was adequate. Hours were very consistent.
Sunflower Bank
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 30, 2017
Overall, the experience was very good at Sunflower Bank. My only complaint is they do not have competitive pay amongst the banking world. Also specific managers are very poor, and they do not treat their employees with respect.
day at work
Banker (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 4, 2017
The benefits are great. Management is not the best. I do not feel like they communicate well with each other or their employees. Training needs serious help. The training is not job related at all and is not followed through with very well. The company as whole is ok, however I feel that your expected to do a job that you are not properly trained for and that there is no accountability for your actions if you do something wrong.
benefits
Cons
training
Sunflower
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 1, 2017
Great Company enjoyed working for them. Great employees great management the staff really cared and the employees did everything they could to help others.
I enjoyed my time at Sunflower Bank
Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 26, 2017
Sunflower gave me great opportunity to grow and advance. My boss was great to work for. The hours were normal, the benefit package was awesome.
They tried for a community bank feel and worked to keep the employees engaged in the community. I left because I was relocating to another state. .
It looks tempting....DON'T DO IT!
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  KSMay 17, 2017
I worked for Sunflower for a year and was subject to the worst working conditions I've ever experienced. I have over 12 years of experience in my field and five of them are in banking and I can say - hands down - Sunflower Bank is the most poorly run, politically-charged, small-minded, and hostile working environment I've ever encountered or even heard of from colleagues.

If you're deseparate, apply. But, if you are seasoned in your specialty this is not the place for you. You will not be happy or appreciated, and success is nill here.

The company's outlook is poor, and the staff is chock full of small town folks looking to make their mark. I honestly feel that upper management couldn't make it elsewhere and landed their positions with Sunflower.

Please, for your well-being, stay away from Sunflower Bank.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Terrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Junction CityApril 10, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Constantly hiring and firing with no clear vision. Management will never tell you please or thank you even when you work open to close six days a week because they fired everyone and couldn't be bothered to pick up a shift. After all why should they already work their 40 hrs a week. Unless you get in with the upper management you will have to claw your way to the top and by top I mean Customer Service Representative. They hire people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing with zero management experience because they want a "clean slate". Leaving was the best choice I could have made. If you like to be taken advantage of and do everyone else's work all while being bullied and told you aren't a good enough worker then Sunflower Bank is the place for you!
Pros
Getting to do your Managers work
Cons
Everything else.

Want to know more about Sunflower Bank?

Ask a question
Worst management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 5, 2017
These people will throw you under the bus in order to get ahead. It is a revolving door of the other employees. They hire people for positions that they are not qualified for and expect every thing to be okay. And the minute you're sick, the management will complain about having to cover your shift.
Lack of training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 9, 2017
One of the worse places I have worked at. Very little training and if you have no banking background it is very stressful. Hard to ask questions when those higher up dont know the job. There are favorites and a lot of cadiness from supervisors who have "privileges". Have to watch your back constantly. Never so happy to leave.
Benefits
Cons
Lots
Worst Place Ever
Teller (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSDecember 16, 2016
They claim they can't keep people because it's a "transient community". In reality you can't keep people with that horrible management team. You have to watch your back and cover your own butt otherwise you can and will be stabbed in the back and thrown under the bus
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Management is a nightmare
Hostile Work environment
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 9, 2016
Management only cares about themselves plain and simple if you are not following management like a puppy and brown nosing to the fullest you are irrelevant to the company.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Worst place ever to work
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 6, 2016
What they said in the interview is nothing like it really is. If you are not a supervisor you do not matter. They single people out and think of anything to push you to quit. You never hear a great job or we appreciate you. You only hear what you are doing wrong. Nothing you do is right. I wouldn't wish anybody work for this place. If you don't know anybody in the bank or have any ties with them or not a supervisor you do not matter
Benefits
Cons
Sunflower Bank is mismanaged and has a hostile culture.
Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 2, 2016
Sunflower Bank management is not receptive to the recommendations given by employees which they hired to make such recommendations. Technology gets a 2/10 as crucial functions are being performed with archaic technologies. Employees are graded punitively on their ability to work with this technology and correct a myriad of errors it causes. Unfortunately, the company has a small business mindset that is trapped in the body of a growing company's body and key positions are held by those with inadequate experience. There is a hostile company culture and business lines frequently sling mud at one another. The outlook for the company's future is not positive unless there are significant changes.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hostile Culture, Poor Management, Archaic Technology
Good Place to Work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monte Vista, COSeptember 29, 2016
Local leadership was great to work with and we accomplished a lot while We worked together. I still miss the people and go in and visit. Nick, Maria and Russ are good people.
Pros
Good coworkers, good salary and benefits
Cons
Corporate banking headquarters is out of touch.
Excellent place to work with great management.
Enhance Due Diligence Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 7, 2016
Sunflower is an excellent company to work for. Management is willing to provide opportunities to develop your career and willing to listen. Management and HR are also flexible with the daily work hours for employees with children, or individuals who want to mix up the usual 8 to 5 workday.
Great place to work!
Consumer Lender, Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2016
Excellent benefits and flexible schedules. They invest in their employees and offer opportunity for advancement. Great environment and family oriented company.
Horrible place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 18, 2016
In general this is a horrible company to work for. They say they're family oriented but they're really not. The 9th street branch is horrible! Hours are 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 4pm! They only have one person consistently opening (they play favorites) so everyone has to 'share' even when they said that the people who work there the longest get opening shifts. The teller supervisor is an idiot who likes to sit all day and not help any one. But, hey! If these sound like things you like. Then be my guest.