Sunflower Bank Employee Reviews

Sunflower Bank is mismanaged and has a hostile culture.
Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 2, 2016
Sunflower Bank management is not receptive to the recommendations given by employees which they hired to make such recommendations. Technology gets a 2/10 as crucial functions are being performed with archaic technologies. Employees are graded punitively on their ability to work with this technology and correct a myriad of errors it causes. Unfortunately, the company has a small business mindset that is trapped in the body of a growing company's body and key positions are held by those with inadequate experience. There is a hostile company culture and business lines frequently sling mud at one another. The outlook for the company's future is not positive unless there are significant changes.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hostile Culture, Poor Management, Archaic Technology
Excellent place to work with great management.
Enhance Due Diligence Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 7, 2016
Sunflower is an excellent company to work for. Management is willing to provide opportunities to develop your career and willing to listen. Management and HR are also flexible with the daily work hours for employees with children, or individuals who want to mix up the usual 8 to 5 workday.
Worst place ever to work
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 6, 2016
What they said in the interview is nothing like it really is. If you are not a supervisor you do not matter. They single people out and think of anything to push you to quit. You never hear a great job or we appreciate you. You only hear what you are doing wrong. Nothing you do is right. I wouldn't wish anybody work for this place. If you don't know anybody in the bank or have any ties with them or not a supervisor you do not matter
Benefits
Great place to work!
Consumer Lender, Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2016
Excellent benefits and flexible schedules. They invest in their employees and offer opportunity for advancement. Great environment and family oriented company.
Worst Place Ever
Teller (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSDecember 16, 2016
They claim they can't keep people because it's a "transient community". In reality you can't keep people with that horrible management team. You have to watch your back and cover your own butt otherwise you can and will be stabbed in the back and thrown under the bus
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Management is a nightmare
Hostile Work environment
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 9, 2016
Management only cares about themselves plain and simple if you are not following management like a puppy and brown nosing to the fullest you are irrelevant to the company.
Pros
Absolutely none
Sunflower Bank-Ohio Branch
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 8, 2016
Branch management is unexperienced and show poor people skills and lacking in leadership skills overall.
Weak training and high pressure on Tellers; with apparent favoritism creating a stressful and high friction in the work enviroment. Everyone seems to do things their way, even between management.
Pros
Sunflower Bank offers a good benefits package
Cons
No breaks, inter department clicks and poor leadership.
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 14, 2016
Have never worked for a more backwards company. Terrible benefits. Terrible management. Terrible pay. Terrible technology. No one cared about you and required doctors not if you were sick and left an hour early. Would not wish this company on my worst enemy.
Horrible place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 18, 2016
In general this is a horrible company to work for. They say they're family oriented but they're really not. The 9th street branch is horrible! Hours are 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 4pm! They only have one person consistently opening (they play favorites) so everyone has to 'share' even when they said that the people who work there the longest get opening shifts. The teller supervisor is an idiot who likes to sit all day and not help any one. But, hey! If these sound like things you like. Then be my guest.
Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSAugust 25, 2015
Standard bank teller duties. Little room for advancement unless you were friends with the management. They were very good at accommodating my needs during the deployment of my husband and made sure I had time off if I needed it. I believe if there had been different managers there would have been a sense of professionalism about the place instead of a "high school" type setting.
Pros
Face to face with customers
Cons
favoritism preventing promotions
The ability to travel to other locations and meet the people that I spent hours on the phone with.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 23, 2013
I was responsible for the recruitment process for 29 locations throughout the states of Colorado and Kansas. Maintained and updated online applicant system. My manager and myself helped to implement an internal applicant process. Tracked and prepared all turnover reports along with conducting exit interviews. I enjoyed this position because you were able to work with a diverse group of people throughout the two states. I was also able to travel between the bank branches in Salina to see how the individuals were doing after they were hired.
Pros
Very flexible boss who was pleasant to work with
Cons
Was not able to work out of Wichita office once we relocated.
Balance place to work at while in college
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 13, 2012
It was a very good experience where I obtain experience in the banking field and I was able to get train in different positions. I obtain the customer service award of the year. Since my service was excellent in the trasactions or services I provided to the customers.
Pros
good environment, stable part time job
Cons
no very good pay
Only worried about the bottom line
Working (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 13, 2015
You're dispensable. You aren't appreciated. If you aren't making them money, they don't care. You're a number, not a person. Don't believe me? Ask all of the presidents and officers that have left over the past two years. Soooo many.
Great environment
CSR/Teller, First Ladies Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSDecember 31, 2013
Sunflower Bank is a great place to work. You really get to know the "regular" customers on a personal level and have a great team environment.
Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 7, 2014
Nice people to work with and a steady flow of great people in this Kansas Bank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunflower Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6