Sunflower Farmers Market

Sunflower Farmers Market Employer Reviews

Sold to Sprouts
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 16, 2013
A little job I had while looking for another. Pay was bad and work was high.
its an OK company.
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2013
The management and structure and accountabilities suck..
Nice Grocery Retail Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Murray, UTFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: nice peaceful atmosphere to work easygoing, great shopping experience, discounts and good pay.
Cons: always hiring
Typical day at work is production and number one is Customer Service.
Nutrition Department, easy to gain product knowledge, easy to assist customers and clients. Store well kept, good prices and discounts.
Co-workers eager and willing to assist and good team players.
Hardest part of the job is being active in cleaning, rotating, and organizing product – more... and standing, bending, lifting up to 50 lbs.
Most enjoyable part of job is learning of product, learning how to sale, promote and engage the customer. – less
Difficult work enviornment
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: management
Each morning we were reqired to go say good morning to the Controller. I prefer to come in and get to work and then socialize briefly during the day.
I learned that I do better with more goals to complete. I was hired to install the fixed asset system but found that I needed a variety of tasks to stay happy.
Sunflower Market
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: must be able to multi-task
Sunflower Market was a great place to work. They merged with Sprouts Farmers Market and took their name.
We rocked it at Sunflower!
IT/Corporate System Analyst and Programmer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2012
We worked extremely hard but were very successful. Everyone was super to work with.
For the most part, a fun place to work, with helpful and supportive co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2012
Pros: open, clean atmosphere, fun co-workers, great management
Cons: poor communication on all levels
The typical day at work consists of providing customer service, overall, whether working at the registers or stocking shelves.

I have learned how to prepare for a day of fast-paced working and how to manage time while there, in addition to sharpening people skills.

The managers have an open door policy and the majority of them are approachable, friendly – more... and responsive to needs and concerns.

Co-workers are easy with whom to work and a lot carry a wealth of knowledge of products and services, very enjoyable.

Hardest part of the job is maintaining communication openly and fairly. My experience has been that the information given and received has been communicated after the fact, or not at all.

The most enjoyable experience has been the interaction with both the customers and employees. – less
good place
Deli Cheese and Cheese Specialist (Current Employee), Roseville, CANovember 3, 2012
Everyone was very helpful and friendly and product was amazing and well priced.
Growing company with lots of advancement opportunity
Technical Support Engineer I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Merit based reviews helped me gain ground very quickly in my career with Sunflower Farmers Market. I had the opportunity to learn and practice new skills which led to progressive advancements in position and salary. This company values IT and understands the importance to staying on top of emerging technologies which allowed me to learn valuable new – more... skills. Management valued input from all members of IT and provided a fair, team-based work environment. – less
Closed
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 17, 2012
The store is no longer in business. I loved the people I worked with and once they announced that they were merging with Sprouts everything went downhill!
productive and fun company to work for
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 9, 2012
Pros: nice break room
Cons: store was closed
Everyday was different at Sunflower, every customer is different but I learned something new everyday, either by the customer or at work as far as product knowledge.
Exciting world of supplements and vitamins!
Natural Living Trainer (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 15, 2012
Being in sales for supplements, organic herbs, and vitamins was a blast!
Very welll run office with outstanding staff
A/P Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 25, 2012
Unfortunately this company was bought out by Sprouts so it is going to be merged with Sprouts soon and Sunflower will no longer exist. I enjoyed everything about this company and disappointed that it will be gone soon. I do believe Sprouts was a good fit for the merger, but very sad that we no longer have this company around. The management was super, – more... the job was challenging and the most of all the people were super to work with. – less
bad
Bakery/Deli clerk (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 30, 2012
Cons: lots
worst place ive ever worked most hateful people ive ever seen
worst place i ever worked !!!!
produce clerk (Former Employee), modesto caJune 23, 2012
Pros: everything except upper management
Cons: excuce the name ... not a real farmers market
The produce manager is horrible and impossible to deal with, and the store director is very rude and uptight. I only worked there 3 weeks and quit. I loved working there and its unfortunate to give up a great place of work.
Good store, but not currently hiring
customer (Former Employee), LomasJune 12, 2012
Pros: great products
Cons: switching to sprouts
This is a great store, but they are currently not hiring because the whole company is switching over to Sprouts, the same type of company but from California. They won't be hiring until it's done, so don't bother applying for a few months
Positve workplace full of enjoyment
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 22, 2012
Pros: mon-friday, hours worked, benefits, the occasional early release day
Cons: distance from home to office
Typical day at work starts at 7 am check all E-Mails and tend to any E-Mails needing attention.

Management for our team is wonderful, any questions/concerns we may have can be asked with a speedy and helpful response. Very hands on, in regards to questions that may need further explination.

I could not ask for a better office of people to work with, – more... everyone is kind and always positive.

The hardest part of the job would have to be, not completely versed on each department and its duties.

The most enjoyable part of the job is loving what I do, the company I work for and the people that fills the office an stores. – less
not a good place too work
clerck (Current Employee), modesto caMay 11, 2012
store director not very nice she is really rude if u get this job good luck . this is the worst store i ever worked at .
good company, good people
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMApril 25, 2012
Pros: i gives a verity of things to do
Cons: it can be stressful
Provide customer service, bagging groceries, pushing carts, greet people, help people, clean up spills. its great to be able to go outside as part of the job, and have a verity of things to do, iv got confidence in my job and people like me. hardest part is that im the only one "courtesy clerk" per shift so i'm kept busy.
Productive and fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2012
Sunflower Market is great company. You can move up in the company fast.

About Sunflower Farmers Market

This company is sprouting up all over the place.¬†A fast-growing natural foods retailer, Sprouts Farmers Market operates¬†about – Read more