SunGard AS Employee Reviews

The work was enjoyable.
SR. Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2017
Working culture was agreeable. Too many changes of co. ownership which I believed led to cause too many very good employees to lose their job. No reasons ever given as to why the people were let go. Chosen at random as far as I could see which is not good.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
RIF'ed with no explanation
onsite hardware support
SR.Techincal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 14, 2017
Day to Day check on machines to be 100% operational for our customers to Test or when, and if they claim disaster.Preventable maintenance ,uninstalls and install new technology thats required.
Pros
Had good relation with all personal at the local office..
Cons
I beleive upper mangement needs to focus on there employee they have and talent levels
The future of this company is unknown
Business Analyst - Financials, Purchasing, HR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 11, 2017
No management support - no feedback, no support, no advancement opportunities, no training available.
Unsure of the companies future - several layoffs have happened in the last 6 months.
Chaotic, but great experience
Sr Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 11, 2017
Chaotic. Lack of documentation everywhere. No standards. Train your overseas replacement. Work crazy hours and impossible to avoid burnout. I did get exposed to great bleeding edge technology
Pros
Great exposure to new technology
Solid employer
Service Management Executive (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my 4+ years at Sungard AS. I met a tremendous amount of highly skilled individuals who helped me to grow and enhance my customer/acct management skills. I was able to leverage my past experiences to help grow the Service Management organization to allow myself and my peers to better serve our areas of responsibility.
Starts great but turns sour
Datacenter Ops-tech I (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2017
The job, people, and work in general started out extremely well. 2 years into the job the labor force was cut, my manager was let go. This was a resource that was quickly missed and not replaced with anyone of quality. Soon after (within 6 months) 1/3 of our data center team quit. I made a decision to ride out the storm and see where the company was headed. 2+ additional years have passed and I can honestly say that the work conditions have NOT improved and have steadily gotten worse. Our work load has tripled and there have been no new hires or pay raises.
Pros
Company health insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Cons
Steadily increased work load, no opportunity for advancement or pay increase.
Decent company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
Good company to work for with great benefits.
Have the ability to work remote from home which is a plus.
Has contracts with multiple locations across the united states, so there is definitely room for growth within the company.
Might have improved...
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 5, 2017
When I worked there, we had a director who was not the best person for the job. Shortly after I left he was demoted and then a month later just left without another word. I am still in touch with parties who work there and it sounds like it's become a lot better over the years.
Very chatic work environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 1, 2017
Sungard was a very chaotic environment to work as there were layoffs every quarter.
Employees worked under the constant stress of not knowing when they would be laid off and management did very little to communicate company status.
Pros
Bi weekly payment
Cons
Constant lay offs
Wide range of services
Sr. Director Product (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
A great legacy of disaster recovery and managed services. Global in nature.

Some shifting priorities over the years - some following industry trends, some leading them.

Great work to life balance.

Want to know more about SunGard AS?

Ask a question
Good Opportunities to Learn
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at SunGard, while there was opportunity to learn and grow, promotions and moving up in the company were limited.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Education
Cons
Promotions are rare, no guarantee of yearly raises.
work and life are balanced
Applications Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Sungard AS is great company, the work and life are balanced.
It is a great company to work with, and the benefit is great.
the work schedule is flexable
Ellucian
Senior Consultant, Banner Finance and Student AR (Former Employee) –  remote consultant throughout USA and abroadDecember 12, 2016
Senior Consultant, Banner Finance and Student AR
I do not feel that upper management understands what the traveling consultants needs. they no longer have meetings where the consultants get together to network and see new products.
My co-workers were great to work with and the hardest part is that I will not see and work with them.
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
Overall fast paste work -
Tier II / System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 2, 2016
Busy incoming alarms that need to be evaluated prior to notification to the customer. Ability to access all types of systems and evaluate alarms. Management is fair - no always available when needed, an pays attention to other business aspects prior to assisting those monitoring incoming alarms. Co-workers are who you depend on and rely on and are always there for support despite their obligations. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with incoming alarms and attempting to accomplish all the tasks requested by management on a daily basis. The people are who make this job the best. There are always working individuals that will break away to assist in learning new tasks.
Pros
Great people, good pay, good work-family balance
Cons
Tough Management, unable t prove worth
Caution
Data Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 1, 2016
Company is downsizing and in disarray. More customers are leaving then coming. Losses are excessive. Equipment is out dated. Tools and other equipment was purchased by myself. The company can not even buy hand tools to to our job.
Pros
Cons
Mangement
Sungard has always been the place to grow into your full potential.
Technical Service Delivery Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJuly 13, 2016
Day to day connection to high profile system experts, always in attack mode to support, troubleshoot, and share with the most diversed companies worldwide. Working at SunGard for the past 19 years, I have been able to grow my skills across multiple IT platforms from IBM ISeries AS400 and Mainframe as well as Unix Platforms, Sun Solaris, and IBM AIX. Each day working along side of some of the most talented professionals in the world. The hardest part of the job is giving turnover to a the next shift during troubleshooting because I want to see every mission to the successful end. The most important part is sharing in the success of customer after customer with each disaster recovery exercise.
Pros
The flexibality to learn multiple platforms. The teamwork.
direction always changing direct report disatisfied, no clear direction
Manager Technical Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2016
Company has change direction so many time not clear to all where they are headed. Hours are long and expected difficult for employee to have life balance.Upper management does not have a clue so it always circle the wagon or fire drills.
Pros
compensation is good
Cons
you never know when their a lay off or your security
Wonderful place
Network Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 6, 2016
Working at Sungard AS is my first place I worked at as a career. It is a great place with a great schedule. Gave plenty of time of and sick days needed..
A company that doesn't care about you just the bottom dollar.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 1, 2016
Working at Sungard AS is a nightmare. Sungard is a company that is all about the money. They will do and promise anything to any customer no matter if they can provide it or not, or have the resources to support it. They will sell customers niche and broken products and then expect their regular engineers to support it with absolutely no training or documentation. This happens over and over again. Nearly all of these products are poorly implemented and just rushed into production so Sungard can start getting paid by the customer. They have an absolutely awful tools and infrastructure and nearly no documentation or employee training. Everything you do has to be learned from others or on your own. If you get a job at Sungard expect to sit and watch someone else who is too busy to talk to you due to under staffing do their job for at least a month and then wait to get thrown into the fire. Sungard has thousands of customers and many times doesn't even have logins or up to date records for the devices they manage. Sungard also doesn't care about US based support. Nearly all of Sungard's operations, even day shift will soon be in India or Costa Rica. So much for a US based company employing US based people.
Pros
Good hours, Decent wages, Good insurance benefits.
Cons
Awful management, Doesn't care about employees, Terrible broken tools
Antiquated company trying to play catch up
Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  PAMay 2, 2016
A company trying to play catch up after leading the industry for most of it's years. Culture is negative and moral was low when I was there. To much BSing on how to do things, rather than doing things. Lot's of managers managing managers. No clear leadership expect from a select few. Politics over productivity.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Negative Culture and Politics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard AS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8