SunGard AS Employee Reviews in United States

Sungard has always been the place to grow into your full potential.
Technical Service Delivery Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJuly 13, 2016
Day to day connection to high profile system experts, always in attack mode to support, troubleshoot, and share with the most diversed companies worldwide. Working at SunGard for the past 19 years, I have been able to grow my skills across multiple IT platforms from IBM ISeries AS400 and Mainframe as well as Unix Platforms, Sun Solaris, and IBM AIX. Each day working along side of some of the most talented professionals in the world. The hardest part of the job is giving turnover to a the next shift during troubleshooting because I want to see every mission to the successful end. The most important part is sharing in the success of customer after customer with each disaster recovery exercise.
Pros
The flexibality to learn multiple platforms. The teamwork.
Wonderful place
Network Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 6, 2016
Working at Sungard AS is my first place I worked at as a career. It is a great place with a great schedule. Gave plenty of time of and sick days needed..
A company that doesn't care about you just the bottom dollar.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 1, 2016
Working at Sungard AS is a nightmare. Sungard is a company that is all about the money. They will do and promise anything to any customer no matter if they can provide it or not, or have the resources to support it. They will sell customers niche and broken products and then expect their regular engineers to support it with absolutely no training or documentation. This happens over and over again. Nearly all of these products are poorly implemented and just rushed into production so Sungard can start getting paid by the customer. They have an absolutely awful tools and infrastructure and nearly no documentation or employee training. Everything you do has to be learned from others or on your own. If you get a job at Sungard expect to sit and watch someone else who is too busy to talk to you due to under staffing do their job for at least a month and then wait to get thrown into the fire. Sungard has thousands of customers and many times doesn't even have logins or up to date records for the devices they manage. Sungard also doesn't care about US based support. Nearly all of Sungard's operations, even day shift will soon be in India or Costa Rica. So much for a US based company employing US based people.
Pros
Good hours, Decent wages, Good insurance benefits.
Cons
Awful management, Doesn't care about employees, Terrible broken tools
Antiquated company trying to play catch up
Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  PAMay 2, 2016
A company trying to play catch up after leading the industry for most of it's years. Culture is negative and moral was low when I was there. To much BSing on how to do things, rather than doing things. Lot's of managers managing managers. No clear leadership expect from a select few. Politics over productivity.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Negative Culture and Politics.
An interesting place to face many experiences
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 3, 2016
The company is going through a lot of changes and you'll be faced with a lot of challenges. Don't expect a structured workflow and established processes.
Pros
Lots of projects
Cons
Somewhat chaotic
Great company for professionals
Lead Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 3, 2016
Leading Disaster Recovery company. Great leadership and business road map with a plan for the future and continue growth. Supports consultants with both educational and professional opportunities
Staff very helpful
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Contract employee working at a local community college. Worked independently most of the time I was there. Lost the job in 2009 since the college went out to bid for IT services and Sungard lost the bid and I found myself unemployed.
Very laid back but still productive
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoy helping people and Sungard allowed me the platform to do that nationwide. The team was small and there was no room for growth.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
small staff, no room for growth
Great place to work with results focused management team.
Emergency Notifications Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work that focused on employee's success. I only left my position because I relocated.

My co-workers and manager were great. I was able to explore many different classes for advancement during my role here.
Productive and Funplace to work
SAP Basis Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2015
Productive and fun place to work.very flexible and healthy environment. good work culture and co worker are very good and supportive
Pros
good expense amount

Want to know more about SunGard AS?

Ask a question
Small company feel, but part of a very large organization
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 16, 2015
Good company to work for, but not much in terms of career advancement without ability to relocate. Enjoyed the people while I worked there and feel it gave me a good initial understanding of a corporate finance department.
Respectable Company Lacking Clear Vision for the Future
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  VirtualNovember 12, 2015
Although I still believe in the company and what they do, it shouldn't be harder to "sell" a solution to a customer than to "sell" it internally. Delivery is inconsistent and sloppy with many functions off-shore and not working the same work hours. Frustration has taken over for many people working here and a new initiative make it look like we are desperate for money to customers. The CEO and Leadership Team seems arrogant and clueless of the day-to-day atmosphere within the company.
Pros
Pros - Good salary and benefits, good work environment, many sharp and hardworking individuals, opportunity to experience emerging technologies.
Cons
Lack of vision; uncertain future, limited internal opportunities for advancement, management inconsistant and constantly changing, quarterly lay offs and cuts that seem too deep technically, too much offshoring.
Not for someone who wants to advance
SMB Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 19, 2015
Sungard is a do it their way or hit the highway type of place. Some really good knowledgeable people there, but your creativity is stifled by upper management.
Pros
good folks
Cons
bad management
Good but not great
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Good company for the start of your career but high turnover rate. Can provide a decent work life/balance but non-technical managers will not accept any blame so be prepared to CYA
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 6, 2015
Great people and culture. The saying is Sungard is the 1st and 3rd job you can have. The pay isn't the best the 1st time your there.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours.
Good place for learning
Computer Operator /Mail Courier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2015
A good job with great benefits. Everyone was always happy and the work culture was always good. Management always took the time out to teach new things to anyone who was willing to learn.
Pros
wonderful managment
Cons
job closed
Good Business to work for
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PASeptember 17, 2015
Fun place to work at. More concerned about the numbers and not as much about your growth. Sustainable business to be a part of.
Nice place to work
Process Improvement Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2015
Managers need training. Needs a lot of improvement. They rather hire offshore in India than in the US. Customer service needs improving.
Pros
Could work virtually
productive with supportive management
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  smyrna, georgiaAugust 29, 2015
This is a great company that helped me develop more IT skills in a short amount of time. Most enjoyable was being able to be hands on with new heartbreaking technology on a daily basis.
Customer Focused
Senior System Analyst/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 10, 2015
Lots of operation, projects and day to day services fulfillment.
Innovative way to use technology, constant improvement of serving customers.
Great management where get opportunity to make decisions.
Fun working with colleagues.
Troubleshooting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard AS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8