SunGard

SunGard Employer Reviews

Work/Life Balance- Casual work environment- Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 17, 2014
Pros: monthly team building, casual dress, balanced life, challenging work, fun downtown location
Cons: distance from home a bit far from home, growing so much running out of space
Each division is ran differently. The division I work at works well together and we have a great office. The tenure in our office is 15 years and the turnover is low. We have a work hard/play hard office mentality with a nice work/life balance. We have a great product and the product is always growing. There is room for internal growth for those who – more... want it. – less
NA
Supervisor (Former Employee), BirminghamMay 16, 2014
SunGard was a good compnay to work for with great benefits and salary. I enjoyed working for them.
Poor training and little room to advance.
Manager U.S.Shared Services Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2014
Job training poor. Advancement opportunities limited and not made public.
Laid Back Place to Work; Family oriented
QA Certifier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch outings
Cons: no room for advancement
Worked closely with developers
Great Management
Most co-workers like family members
Execellent working conditions and work-life balance.
Lead associate (Current Employee), PuneApril 14, 2014
Love to be a part of SUNGARD. It has been really great as it was my first job, i learned corporate culture and had great colleagues.
Compensation increase
Transaction Remittance/Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: contract position, never know if and when it will end
A good company to work for, seeking a position with better wages.
good technical growth
Senior Developer - Product Development (Former Employee), Pune, MHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: active management
Cons: sometimes work life balance
Nice company with open work culture. One has all the freedom related to work on designing, implemenatation, technologies to use etc.
Convenient downtown location.
Document Specialist/Call Center (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: benefits not offered for temporary workers, not much room for advancement.
The job required you to learn alot of information regarding, 401k, and retirement benefits and tons of other benfit information. We developed the software per the employer specifications. Enjoyed learning the ins & outs of the benefit information, was provided with the proper reference information and consultants on hand to be able answer any questions – more... customers may have. – less
Work with great people
Senior Consultant, (Contractor) (Former Employee), ColoradoFebruary 5, 2014
I have always wanted to work with SunGard. Now that I have, I would work with SunGard any time.
Custody Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good healthcare and people
Cons: not selling custody to more clients.
Balancing accounts. Confirming amounts to be wired or received. Resolving client inquiries. I learned customer service and several systems. Management is good. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is getting answers quick. Clients don't like to wait. Helping the clients.
Good benefits
Manager, Development, Conversions, & On-Boarding (Current Employee), Wayne, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: the benefits are good.
Cons: micro-management
This company has good benefits and is growing, however, there is too much micromanagement. In my business unit, there have been a serious of bad decisions that have led to a number of lay-off's over the past few years.
SunGard
Product Development (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 9, 2014
There is a very strong work/life balance, but compensation does not seem to meet market levels and benefits are not where they should be.

Management is very smart and savy, but sometime reactive instead of strategic. One pocket of strategic thinking is in the Insurance Business Unit.

Processes are either "too tight" or do not exist. This extreme cause – more... a bit of internal stress, but the positives outweighs the negatives, and there seems to be activity that should improve. – less
A Real Review of SunGard Financial Services
IT Director (Current Employee), Jacksonville flDecember 7, 2013
Pros: too many to list. job security, great culture, self-driven opportunities.
Cons: pay is not in the highest ranges.
This company has numerous parts, and even Financial services is a unique company out of 4, and we have several unique groups under the umbrella - all with a common CEO but many cultures based on each President.

In a servant-leader environment, it is the responsibility of each employee to determine their direction and the value they will bring to the – more... company. There are a lot of critics, but I would venture to say these are low performing people who want a lot of hand-holding and pats on the back along with lots of money. It doesn't work this way here.

If you bring something to the table and contribute where you can, you will bubble up and be recognized - usually. With the open door policies and willingness of senior management to listen and give guidance when needed, there is no reason for someone not to do well unless they simply have a bad attitude or expect unrealistic career growth without paying dues like anyone else.

SunGard Financial Services is overly flexible with scheduling and working from home, and each day is whatever we make of it. Personally, I give all I can each day and communicate when needed to my team or management, and I enjoy full support, encouragement, and "protection" if I venture too far and step on toes.

Pay is fair but conservative, but there are more people happy with their jobs here than anywhere else I have seen, and my colleagues with other companies would love to work here.

All IT jobs require flexibility and changing priorities. SunGard is no different. This is where the experts, professionals, and well-trained IT people want to be because of the culture, career potential, and corporate willingness to try something new based on good sense. – less
Horrible company - Apply if you are desperate
Data Entry Associate (Current Employee), BirminghamDecember 2, 2013
Cons: many
1. Management guards the microwave in the morning. They treat their employees like they are children. They do not give raises instead they give us food or a treat like we are dogs.or better yet, we have to bring our own food or pay for our own or treat we are being rewarded for.

2. There is no work life balance or flexibility. You come to work, and – more... you go home. If something happens to you or someone in your family oh well! You better hope you have vacation time.

3. The pay sucks! And on top of that there won't be any raises until 2015! until then you're only going to get your little 7 cent raise if that. they have actually been talking about raising our pay for the last 7 years, and that has not happened yet! There is no opportunity for career advancement here. Once you are hired on in a position, chances are you will remain in that position at that weak pay!

4. The working environment is horrible! It is extremely cold on the 5th floor and management is not doing anything to fix it. Yet they still expect our production to be perfect while working at freezing temperatures.

You have been warned! These are only a few things that I wish someone would have told me before I accepted a job with this company. – less
Overall good company to work for to start somewhere.
Review Loan Specialist/Quality Control (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2013
Pros: free parking, flexible schedule
Cons: high healthcare, micromanage, lack of training
Typical day at work is clock in and begin keying forms with accuracy. The job itself is very easy and self explanatory. The most enjoyable part was that my work schedule was somewhat flexible. There was no hard part in the job whatsoever, besides the constant walking of management and looking over your shoulder and lack of training by employees and – more... management. I didn't learn much from the company besides the different type of loans that customers took out. Co-workers were just like any other co workers at any other job, you have some good ones and you have some bad ones. Overall, SunGard is a good company to work for just do not go in looking for advancement opportunities. – less
Good company
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 25, 2013
Great work atmosphere.Nice colleagues. Learn lot of new thinks.
Working for an International Company
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 18, 2013
Pros: benefits and remote/virual work from home
Cons: upper management can not connect with employees
Daily functions (with admin & customers) and co-worker concerns made my typical day enjoyable and fulfilling.

Hardest part of the job was keeping office morale up will company was going through major corporate and management changes.

Due to international concerns, company lost focus on domestic offices and products.
Okay place to work
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 4, 2013
Currently understaffed the Protegent group within capital markets is over worked and under paid. It is a great place to work and plenty of work, it is just very difficult to find a good work/life balance.
Very Poor Management, Chaotic environment, Will spoil your career here
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), PuneJuly 4, 2013
Pros: politics leads to good gossips and anticipation of future actions
Cons: almost everything. do not join this company.
No proper planning, Chaotic environment, Office politics to the highest level I have ever seen. Does not promote learning and development. Managers are insecure of subordinates qualifications. Do NOT join this organization if you want a happy career.
Fantastic place to work
Project Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2013
Its great working here. Though you always have to add value so you can never let your brain stop thinking.

1 2 3