SunGard Employee Reviews in United States

No comment here
Lead Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
A great company to work; I didn't stay here very long to have an opinion one way or another. The nice thing is that you work at the company's location you're assigned to and that was pretty cool.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Worst! Messy ,Sorry People
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 11, 2016
Working Here started off good. But then came lies from management about promotion. the people they put in charge don't do anything all day but play on there cell phone,eat all day an complain about stupid stuff such as staplers in work, Sorry team leads they want the other workers to do there work. Pay suck!!!! keep up mess!! so call friends talk about each other behind there back. Management have there picks and chooses. bring in people off the street rather then hire in house they hire friends of friends sad how management work I would not even call that management because it's unfair and they don't care about the people that work there butt off. Fire people cause one of the managers/leads don't like them. not all departments some departments are awful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Managment/ Leaders keep up so much mess
Very good company with knowledgeable management
Lead C# Developer / Senior Smalltalk Programmer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 8, 2016
Very good co-workers , parties, no stress environment. Friendly management , lot of training sessions. Working with ancient technology
Pros
Bowling parties
Cons
Decent work-life balance. Able to work remotely when needed. If you apply yourself, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Senior Director, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 8, 2016
We are still going through the integration process with FIS but the transition has gone fairly well as compared to other acquisitions. The FIS culture seems similar to SunGard. Leadership team seems good and communications about changes have been transparent and informative.
Love the flexability
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 29, 2016
If you need a job that's flexible around your home life, SunGard is the place to be. They offer great benefits compared to most although now that they're being bought out by FIS things might change. I've never worked somewhere that you can take 4 hours off whenever you need it. Sometimes this gets abused but they really don't care as long as you're happy.
Use to be a greate place to work. No longer a great place.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Was a great place to work until they were sold to private buyers. Benefits were cut. Employee staffing was also cut. Job description changed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Under staffed
Ok place to work.
Professional Services, Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 9, 2016
First place I worked out of college. They give a chance to recent college graduates to gain valuable experience. Travel and work hour demands can be strenuous at times.
Great company
Regional Manager IT Delivery Services (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 15, 2016
SunGard was a great company to work for. Many highly talented individuals within their area of expertise. Good salary as well as benefits. The company understood the meaning of work/life balance
Excellent company to work for; salary and benefits very competitive
Adm. Asst / Senior Client Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I would most likely still be employed with SunGard EB Systems if our Charlotte office had not been closed. I had the opportunity to relocate to FL, AL, PA, or CO but family obligations kept me in NC.
Pros
Benefits, excellent manager, knowledgable co-workers
Cons
There were no cons except the closing of our office to consolidate with another branch out-of-state
VP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day was challenging and rewarding. I learned the value of planning and organization. Peers, supervisors, and staff were exceptional and great to work with.
Worked remotely from main office
Technical Support / Installation Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 28, 2016
SunGard was an interesting place to work that gave me many opportunities to grow and expand my talents.
I handled installations of SunGard's Education software products. I did the entire process less the initial sale and collection of payments.
Great small company to start my career in computers
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this job and moved my way as far up in the small company that there was room to grow. I felt I had learned and gotten promoted as far as I could so I decided to look for new opportunities. I small company is great because you become very close with the people you work with but mobility has limitations.
Pros
Worked with nice people, learned a lot and travelled
Cons
upward mobility
Not a fun place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 26, 2016
poor management, severe lack of communications structure, poor service management records. On top of a terrible place to commute to this place is not worth your time.
Worst job of my 20 year career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Morale is very low. Management doesn't care or listen to any work issues. No set work instructions. You're always trying to hit a moving target. Management is horrible and actually rude to employees. I actually was witness to a screaming match between 2 managers that was heard all the way from the conference room to the staff floor. HR is useless if you have an issue. Backs management and does nothing to help. No chance for advancement. Most of the office personnel is from India.It's just a miserable place to work. Company reputation is so bad they've changed the name to FIS. Layoffs are almost quarterly.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits are ok.
Cons
Miserable environment, management is horrible and uncooperative. Politics are rampant.
It was fun
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2015
First real job and it was fun. They sent me around the world and gave me a lot of training on real world problems. The organization gave me the first taste of managing groups and the pitfalls that come with the responsibility.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
SunGard
Internal Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 12, 2015
SunGard has been acquired by FIS out of Jacksonville, Fla. Prior, it was a good company to work for. Going forward, I can only imagine that the combined company will be even stronger.
SunGard Public Sector was a great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 2, 2015
Enjoyed working at SunGard. No two days were the same and faced exciting challenges from day to day.

Enjoyed many of my co-workers who always willing to help, however often times they didn't have the time to help as resources are spread thin, which often proved quite challenging.
Pros
Option to work remotely, Complimentary breakfasts on Fridays, corporately supported events
Cons
Resources are stretched thin
fun
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJOctober 22, 2015
This place was fun place to work at.

I liked my co-workers.

I learned a lot about how to work others in professional setting here.
Pros
close to home, fun
Cons
SunGard offers a great learning experience.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 22, 2015
SunGard offered me a chance to learn multiple jobs and meet many great professional colleagues. However, it lacks any type of work life balance.
Pros
Free bagels on Fridays
Cons
No work life balance
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales and Use Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2015
Each department at SunGard has a different atmosphere. My department is very laid back and a fun department to work in. Micro managing does not exist as we know are duties and get it done whether in or outside the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of intelligent, dependable and hard working colleagues. We learn from one another.