SunGard Employee Reviews

young culture, good environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Great people, young culture. Do what they can to help you grow as much as possible. Open door policy with management, I feel very comfortable if I need to speak with someone in upper management. The work is a grind and very hard, but if you are a hard worker and detailed oriented you should be fine.
free lunch sometimes
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2016
Extensive hands on Test Automation Coding experience for Unit, API or Functional Tests and Hands-on experience in building applications with either Maven, Grunt, Gulp, MSBuild, ANTHands on experience of automation tools (Infrastructure, Test, Build) and experience in operation and maintenance of Linux/Windows
Good benefits as old but tough as new company unfolded...
Production Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 20, 2016
Typical day at work was generally putting out fires on a daily basis with people that everything was an emergency which is something I loved - never a dull moment.
Co-workers became like family because you work such long hours you are with them more than your actual family.
The people I worked with were great.
Senior Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2016
It is a good place to work and in many ways, I wish I had stayed with the University. However, I was looking to expand my knowledge and thought that a consulting job would be interesting. Unfortunately, the travel which was reported as 25% turned out to be 50%.
Worst! Messy ,Sorry People
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 11, 2016
Working Here started off good. But then came lies from management about promotion. the people they put in charge don't do anything all day but play on there cell phone,eat all day an complain about stupid stuff such as staplers in work, Sorry team leads they want the other workers to do there work. Pay suck!!!! keep up mess!! so call friends talk about each other behind there back. Management have there picks and chooses. bring in people off the street rather then hire in house they hire friends of friends sad how management work I would not even call that management because it's unfair and they don't care about the people that work there butt off. Fire people cause one of the managers/leads don't like them. not all departments some departments are awful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Managment/ Leaders keep up so much mess
Great Company
Chief Technology Officer - IntelliMatch (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 15, 2016
SunGard is a fast paced and innovative company with great products and solutions. While the company focuses on the financial markets, it does not slow the innovativeness of its solutions. SunGard also provides great opportunities for career advancement.
Decent work-life balance. Able to work remotely when needed. If you apply yourself, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Senior Director, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 8, 2016
We are still going through the integration process with FIS but the transition has gone fairly well as compared to other acquisitions. The FIS culture seems similar to SunGard. Leadership team seems good and communications about changes have been transparent and informative.
Love the flexability
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 29, 2016
If you need a job that's flexible around your home life, SunGard is the place to be. They offer great benefits compared to most although now that they're being bought out by FIS things might change. I've never worked somewhere that you can take 4 hours off whenever you need it. Sometimes this gets abused but they really don't care as long as you're happy.
SunGard - FIS
Managed Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
Great work experience and very happy to be associated with this company. Great place for entry-level developers and business analysis. SunGard is now FIS as they were bought in December 2014
Awesome team environment and educational in financial industry
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed developing software projects and learning about retirement planning with the Securities Exchange Commission
Excellent company to work for; salary and benefits very competitive
Adm. Asst / Senior Client Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I would most likely still be employed with SunGard EB Systems if our Charlotte office had not been closed. I had the opportunity to relocate to FL, AL, PA, or CO but family obligations kept me in NC.
Pros
Benefits, excellent manager, knowledgable co-workers
Cons
There were no cons except the closing of our office to consolidate with another branch out-of-state
No comment here
Lead Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
A great company to work; I didn't stay here very long to have an opinion one way or another. The nice thing is that you work at the company's location you're assigned to and that was pretty cool.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great small company to start my career in computers
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this job and moved my way as far up in the small company that there was room to grow. I felt I had learned and gotten promoted as far as I could so I decided to look for new opportunities. I small company is great because you become very close with the people you work with but mobility has limitations.
Pros
Worked with nice people, learned a lot and travelled
Cons
upward mobility
Part-Time Tape Librarian (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJuly 13, 2016
The company didn't last long. They ended up closing down and I had to seek work at other places. I really enjoyed working there
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Very good company with knowledgeable management
Lead C# Developer / Senior Smalltalk Programmer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 8, 2016
Very good co-workers , parties, no stress environment. Friendly management , lot of training sessions. Working with ancient technology
Pros
Bowling parties
Cons
Data Center Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJune 14, 2016
I have worked for this company for 30 years. It has offered many opportunities for advancement. Great co-workers.
Worked remotely from main office
Technical Support / Installation Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 28, 2016
SunGard was an interesting place to work that gave me many opportunities to grow and expand my talents.
I handled installations of SunGard's Education software products. I did the entire process less the initial sale and collection of payments.
Sungard - FIS
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Unless you are kissing up to managements you can't do anything within the company. Not to mention the team leads they have over you can't even do their own jobs. They don't even know procedures and they expect you to learn forms they don't even know. Management is never around when you need them. Co-workers are always up walking around being loud. The team leads show favorites. If they like you, they let you get away with not doing work. Team leads will have you do their work training others. There is more drama compared to high school. HR does not care about any complaints. You can not move up within this company. You do not get raises. The procedures they expect you to follow by don't even make sense.You are made to fail and get errors. When you start within the company you have to sit for 6 months not doing anything. People fall asleep everyday. The job is very boring and you rarely learn new things. The company does nothing for you. They use to help with lunches or had more exciting things to do...nothing now!
Pros
Paid Vacation, being lazy, no management around, lunches optional
Cons
Poor management, poor team leads, HR will not help you, if you have a disability you are in trouble
Worst job of my 20 year career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Morale is very low. Management doesn't care or listen to any work issues. No set work instructions. You're always trying to hit a moving target. Management is horrible and actually rude to employees. I actually was witness to a screaming match between 2 managers that was heard all the way from the conference room to the staff floor. HR is useless if you have an issue. Backs management and does nothing to help. No chance for advancement. Most of the office personnel is from India.It's just a miserable place to work. Company reputation is so bad they've changed the name to FIS. Layoffs are almost quarterly.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits are ok.
Cons
Miserable environment, management is horrible and uncooperative. Politics are rampant.
Use to be a greate place to work. No longer a great place.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Was a great place to work until they were sold to private buyers. Benefits were cut. Employee staffing was also cut. Job description changed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Under staffed