SunGard Employee Reviews

Good core group of Managers
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Autonomy
Cons: Lots of travel
Worked with this company before they were purchased as GetPaid. The core group of managers are still there, which is great. They are a good "family" of road warriors and was a fun environment to work in.
Great Exposure to Clients
Senior Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Malvern, PAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Cooperative Co-workers, Enjoyed delivering Client solutions.
Cons: Office Politics sometimes got in the way of Client priorities
Enjoyed having client exposure and working with the team of associates and helping define requirements and deliver solutions. Co-workers were pleasant.
Very laid back work environment
Data entry (Current Employee), Inverness, ALAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, you start out with 3 weeks vacation
Cons: minimal pay increases, no cell phones in the office, clean room environment
It is an excellent place to work, excellent management, great benefits package. The traffic on 280 is a drawback, and the pay is also a draw back. There are no hard parts to this job, the hours are flexible, the daily quotas are obtainable, the major con I would say is that the pay increases at a very slow rate. After almost 6 years of working with this company, I have only moved from 10.00 up to 12.34 I am a top performer as well, and have a lot more responsibilities that the majority of my coworkers. So this pay increase is higher than most have acquired in 6 + years.
Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefit structure
Cons: Lack of job security
Company culture is based purely upon sales volume. One is required to follow pre-arranged (selling) guidelines and is not encouraged to think outside the box.
Fun place to work,
Lead Officer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 2, 2015
I worked at the front desk, Monitoring the contractors and or employees and visitors, Issued badges, answered all calls, General office work. Ordered supplies.
Not worth it
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2015
Sungard is the worst company I have ever work for. The whole company stinks. Management has their picks and chooses. No advancement, no consistency, and no increase in pay.
Great
Admin/Receptionist (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAApril 26, 2015
Great company and good people. Love working there. Nothing negative to say. Others should seek this company for work. Thank you.
It was truly a family feeling enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carlstadt NJApril 19, 2015
Pros: lunch, Hershey Park, Gold Outtings
Cons: N/A
Meet and great my Clints, Proivide Great Customer service and work with the Technictions.. Meetings, Conference calls.. My co-workers were Great. management was the best. The hardest part of the job was being laid off. The most enjoyable was Working with my clients, Having Customer Services Fun time.. Going to hershey park with all of the employees.
Supportive of employee development
SR CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Very supportive of employees through education and advancement opportunities. Conversations with upper management are open and encouraged
Good experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people, busy work
Cons: no promotions for me
Sungard was a great job for a while. I met and worked with some incredible people. I was the Executive Assistant, so my job changed daily (I did a little bit of everything for everybody). I like a challenge/to be busy, so it was beneficial that way. Also, I love people, so that was good, too.
Over time, I got a little bored with the same duties (I did not move up in the company). I wanted more/new challenges. My department went through so many changes my last few months there. Not many of the people with whom I worked are still there.
The people were the best part of my job. I am so thankful that I met them and still keep in touch with many. I thoroughly enjoyed this job for most of my time there and am so thankful to have had it!
Technology
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Support of Investran Implementations. Heavy technology focus with a lot of travel. I learned the solutions and product offerings.
Challenging Work But Rewarding
Implementation Specialist, Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: challenging work
Cons: rewarding, new projects often
Working at SunGard was a challenge but it was nice that everyday was not the same. It is hard work but rewarding. Some of the projects were very quick and some took a very long time. That was the nature of the implementation beast.
Laid back and relaxed
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: paid vacation. downtime. co-workers are awesome
Cons: management, moving up in the company doesn't happen a lot.
This job isn't too bad for a office job. You have your busy parts in the day and also the relaxed moments. Management needs some work but overall your co-workers pick up and help where management lacks.
Good if you are unemployed and need a job
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee), Wayne, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work conditions, poor management, poor work software, no work/life balance, work july 4th every year
This company is poorly managed and the work/life balance is non-existed. The communication between divisions is horrible and the turnover is extremely high.
Exposure to multiple products and business segments
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Great way to gain exposure to various businesses through the different financial products SunGard offers and strongly encouraged to have interaction with clients to establish relationships.
I enjoyed working with Sungard
Auditor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
I was on the computer all day, which besides school was something I didn't do; also something I had to get use to. My manager was awesome; I would love to work for her again. My coworkers were cool also, I was the only female which was cool also.
Extremely busy place but always on the leading edge of technology
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJNovember 7, 2014
Always had a lot to do but always learning the latest available technology.
Sungard was a good place to work. Until they started downsizing. Hitting people with the most experience.
Contracts Administrator II - Billing (Former Employee), Wayne PANovember 7, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: not enough training to do your job
My typical work day was good. I was always busy. But not much for training it's employees or advancement.
ok
Unix System Administrator (Former Employee), totoway njOctober 8, 2014
Pros: i did this already
Cons: ok
ok i did this already its ok low pay, too few people as a result way too much work
Management helpful
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: stressful at year end
Enjoyed working with team members. Team worked well together.