SunGard Employee Reviews in United States

Worst job of my 20 year career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Morale is very low. Management doesn't care or listen to any work issues. No set work instructions. You're always trying to hit a moving target. Management is horrible and actually rude to employees. I actually was witness to a screaming match between 2 managers that was heard all the way from the conference room to the staff floor. HR is useless if you have an issue. Backs management and does nothing to help. No chance for advancement. Most of the office personnel is from India.It's just a miserable place to work. Company reputation is so bad they've changed the name to FIS. Layoffs are almost quarterly.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits are ok.
Cons
Miserable environment, management is horrible and uncooperative. Politics are rampant.
Love the flexability
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 29, 2016
If you need a job that's flexible around your home life, SunGard is the place to be. They offer great benefits compared to most although now that they're being bought out by FIS things might change. I've never worked somewhere that you can take 4 hours off whenever you need it. Sometimes this gets abused but they really don't care as long as you're happy.
Excellent company to work for; salary and benefits very competitive
Adm. Asst / Senior Client Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I would most likely still be employed with SunGard EB Systems if our Charlotte office had not been closed. I had the opportunity to relocate to FL, AL, PA, or CO but family obligations kept me in NC.
Pros
Benefits, excellent manager, knowledgable co-workers
Cons
There were no cons except the closing of our office to consolidate with another branch out-of-state
Great company
Regional Manager IT Delivery Services (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 15, 2016
SunGard was a great company to work for. Many highly talented individuals within their area of expertise. Good salary as well as benefits. The company understood the meaning of work/life balance
Use to be a greate place to work. No longer a great place.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Was a great place to work until they were sold to private buyers. Benefits were cut. Employee staffing was also cut. Job description changed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Under staffed
Very laid back work environment
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Inverness, ALAugust 17, 2015
It is an excellent place to work, excellent management, great benefits package. The traffic on 280 is a drawback, and the pay is also a draw back. There are no hard parts to this job, the hours are flexible, the daily quotas are obtainable, the major con I would say is that the pay increases at a very slow rate. After almost 6 years of working with this company, I have only moved from 10.00 up to 12.34 I am a top performer as well, and have a lot more responsibilities that the majority of my coworkers. So this pay increase is higher than most have acquired in 6 + years.
Pros
Flexible hours, you start out with 3 weeks vacation
Cons
minimal pay increases, no cell phones in the office, clean room environment
Work/life balance with Entrepreneurial spirit.
Director Client Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey City NJSeptember 23, 2015
When I arrived at Sungard I was not planning on being there long. I ended up loving it so much I was there for almost 10 years. Management provided an exceptional work/life balance with Entrepreneurial spirit. However their doors are always open when advice or direction is needed.
Pros
Work life balance, great team members.
Cons
Compensation, Investment in product was lacking.
Worst! Messy ,Sorry People
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 11, 2016
Working Here started off good. But then came lies from management about promotion. the people they put in charge don't do anything all day but play on there cell phone,eat all day an complain about stupid stuff such as staplers in work, Sorry team leads they want the other workers to do there work. Pay suck!!!! keep up mess!! so call friends talk about each other behind there back. Management have there picks and chooses. bring in people off the street rather then hire in house they hire friends of friends sad how management work I would not even call that management because it's unfair and they don't care about the people that work there butt off. Fire people cause one of the managers/leads don't like them. not all departments some departments are awful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Managment/ Leaders keep up so much mess
Sungard - FIS
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Unless you are kissing up to managements you can't do anything within the company. Not to mention the team leads they have over you can't even do their own jobs. They don't even know procedures and they expect you to learn forms they don't even know. Management is never around when you need them. Co-workers are always up walking around being loud. The team leads show favorites. If they like you, they let you get away with not doing work. Team leads will have you do their work training others. There is more drama compared to high school. HR does not care about any complaints. You can not move up within this company. You do not get raises. The procedures they expect you to follow by don't even make sense.You are made to fail and get errors. When you start within the company you have to sit for 6 months not doing anything. People fall asleep everyday. The job is very boring and you rarely learn new things. The company does nothing for you. They use to help with lunches or had more exciting things to do...nothing now!
Pros
Paid Vacation, being lazy, no management around, lunches optional
Cons
Poor management, poor team leads, HR will not help you, if you have a disability you are in trouble
Ever changing management styles
Manager - Database Technology (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 25, 2015
The company is always in a restructuring mood. Lot of Management changes. Positions are cut and changed. Salary increase and bonus structure is awful .
Very secure but not exciting
Product Specialist - Protegent Trading Compliance (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 13, 2015
Great, great benefits and PTO. Work from home. Work life balance. Many great things except raises and promotions. There are few.
free lunch sometimes
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2016
Extensive hands on Test Automation Coding experience for Unit, API or Functional Tests and Hands-on experience in building applications with either Maven, Grunt, Gulp, MSBuild, ANTHands on experience of automation tools (Infrastructure, Test, Build) and experience in operation and maintenance of Linux/Windows
young culture, good environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Great people, young culture. Do what they can to help you grow as much as possible. Open door policy with management, I feel very comfortable if I need to speak with someone in upper management. The work is a grind and very hard, but if you are a hard worker and detailed oriented you should be fine.
Good benefits as old but tough as new company unfolded...
Production Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 20, 2016
Typical day at work was generally putting out fires on a daily basis with people that everything was an emergency which is something I loved - never a dull moment.
Co-workers became like family because you work such long hours you are with them more than your actual family.
Decent work-life balance. Able to work remotely when needed. If you apply yourself, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Senior Director, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 8, 2016
We are still going through the integration process with FIS but the transition has gone fairly well as compared to other acquisitions. The FIS culture seems similar to SunGard. Leadership team seems good and communications about changes have been transparent and informative.
Great Company
Chief Technology Officer - IntelliMatch (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 15, 2016
SunGard is a fast paced and innovative company with great products and solutions. While the company focuses on the financial markets, it does not slow the innovativeness of its solutions. SunGard also provides great opportunities for career advancement.
Great small company to start my career in computers
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this job and moved my way as far up in the small company that there was room to grow. I felt I had learned and gotten promoted as far as I could so I decided to look for new opportunities. I small company is great because you become very close with the people you work with but mobility has limitations.
Pros
Worked with nice people, learned a lot and travelled
Cons
upward mobility
SunGard - FIS
Managed Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
Great work experience and very happy to be associated with this company. Great place for entry-level developers and business analysis. SunGard is now FIS as they were bought in December 2014
Great people, Developer advancement limited
Lead Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
SunGard Consulting Services was a great place to start working. Everyone wants to help and is super friendly. Even though by its nature as a consulting group we don't see each other too often, when we do it is like a big family reunion.

As a developer it was often an uphill battle to get a good compensation. As opposed to someone on the sales side of things it was often hard to quantify the work that a developer puts in besides just time. Management understands this and has been working on it, but it still has some ways to go.

The projects were often fun and challenging. One client might be totally different than the next, and thats what kept things exciting.

Travel can vary from one employee to another. I was working locally for years and then was put onto a travel project and that can be a huge shift in work/life balance.
Pros
culture and people are great. interesting work.
Cons
working on a desireable project can depend more on timing rather than skill/merit
Awesome team environment and educational in financial industry
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed developing software projects and learning about retirement planning with the Securities Exchange Commission