SunGard Employee Reviews

Great management and work envioronment
Lead Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote with some travel to Cincinnati OHNovember 29, 2016
Lots of room for advancement, enjoyed working there, good benefits, low salary. Moved up quickly advanced to higher paying jobs, management was quick to recognize my automation skills and allowed me to automate numerous processes in various Trust and Investment related departments.
Pros
Management, work environment
Cons
Salary
good place to work
Windows Systems Engineer on short term project (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Short term contract - not really there long enough
learned some more abut vmware
management was fairly laid back
not a lot of culture as many jobs were being outsourced at the time
hardest part of job - the space was quite empty and got emptier
Pros
great pay
Cons
Not a great area of town
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 23, 2017
I shadowed an engenieer. typical day they have scrum meetings. i learned that scrum enviorment is like. management is good. culture is good. hardest part is the code. enjoyable part is the people around
Was a great place to work until they were bought by Fidelity.
Team Leader Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 7, 2016
I provided Operational Support for our customers in the Securities Finance Industry. I coordinated and set up procedures to receive and transmit files and reports for our clients using various methods of transmission and encryption. Assisted customers queries via phone and email in a timely accurate manner. Utilized schedulers to run programs at specific dates and times. Providing excellent customer service in a timely manner was always my priority. We grew from 30 clients to over 300 in the time I spent with this company. Fidelity bought the company in late 2015 and many senior employees were let go due to a reduction-in-force to cut payroll expenses. This had always been a great company to work for and truly hated losing this job.
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K, good people, all departments worked as a team
Sungard - FIS
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Unless you are kissing up to managements you can't do anything within the company. Not to mention the team leads they have over you can't even do their own jobs. They don't even know procedures and they expect you to learn forms they don't even know. Management is never around when you need them. Co-workers are always up walking around being loud. The team leads show favorites. If they like you, they let you get away with not doing work. Team leads will have you do their work training others. There is more drama compared to high school. HR does not care about any complaints. You can not move up within this company. You do not get raises. The procedures they expect you to follow by don't even make sense.You are made to fail and get errors. When you start within the company you have to sit for 6 months not doing anything. People fall asleep everyday. The job is very boring and you rarely learn new things. The company does nothing for you. They use to help with lunches or had more exciting things to do...nothing now!
Pros
Paid Vacation, being lazy, no management around, lunches optional
Cons
Poor management, poor team leads, HR will not help you, if you have a disability you are in trouble
young culture, good environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Great people, young culture. Do what they can to help you grow as much as possible. Open door policy with management, I feel very comfortable if I need to speak with someone in upper management. The work is a grind and very hard, but if you are a hard worker and detailed oriented you should be fine.
as senior Telecommunications Engineer I had much empowerment to modify and add services
Lead Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2016
Sungard was a great place to work. I ran the Telecommunications and internal infrastructure planning and implementation.

In the end I wanted more experience with evolving technologies especially Cisco powered networks.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
only worked on network applications ran on an IBM mainframe
Worst! Messy ,Sorry People
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 11, 2016
Working Here started off good. But then came lies from management about promotion. the people they put in charge don't do anything all day but play on there cell phone,eat all day an complain about stupid stuff such as staplers in work, Sorry team leads they want the other workers to do there work. Pay suck!!!! keep up mess!! so call friends talk about each other behind there back. Management have there picks and chooses. bring in people off the street rather then hire in house they hire friends of friends sad how management work I would not even call that management because it's unfair and they don't care about the people that work there butt off. Fire people cause one of the managers/leads don't like them. not all departments some departments are awful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Managment/ Leaders keep up so much mess
customer service
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  floridaJanuary 25, 2017
great place to work, good management and processes. Encouraging atmosphere- generally very fun . Definitly recommend if you want to work for a large successful and challenging company
Pros
challenging yet fun
Worst job of my 20 year career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2015
Morale is very low. Management doesn't care or listen to any work issues. No set work instructions. You're always trying to hit a moving target. Management is horrible and actually rude to employees. I actually was witness to a screaming match between 2 managers that was heard all the way from the conference room to the staff floor. HR is useless if you have an issue. Backs management and does nothing to help. No chance for advancement. Most of the office personnel is from India.It's just a miserable place to work. Company reputation is so bad they've changed the name to FIS. Layoffs are almost quarterly.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits are ok.
Cons
Miserable environment, management is horrible and uncooperative. Politics are rampant.
Good pay, bad environment
Data Entry Operator/Back-Office Support (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 22, 2016
This is not a job for students. I started working here because it paid well, but the hours were only full-time, and the level of security didn't allow me much study time. Management was not that great, either.
Great manager and co-worker also people very friendly
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
Get in between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning and start working on clients defined upgrades to the GMI software package. Work closely with the different teams to get their updates worked out on their specs. Usually leaving between 4:30 and 5:00.

My manager was a standup person, giving help and advice when needed.

My co-worker was very knowledgeable on the GMI software package and was a great resource to tap into when needed.
Pros
Helping clients get their modifications coded and installed
Had a ok time there
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 23, 2017
if you like to be told what to do 10-15 times a day and have to get water from the restroom to drink then this place is for you. turnover is about 1-2 years. Everyone there is either wanting to leave or change the way the company operates. went through 4 CEO's in a 8 year period and still fail to provide 70% customer satisfaction.
Pros
most people are kind
Cons
the worst people tend to harass you enough to make you forget about the nice people
It was a fun happy work place
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 30, 2016
Anyone would love to work there it's Monday through Friday and no weekends you couldn't ask for a better job are better people it might start off slow when you fist start working there but it is so worth it in the long running
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
I feel that it is a privilege to work at Sungard Availability Services and try to live up to that privilege each day. I take pride in my work and love to see the findings found during my root cause analysis successfully implemented.
Pros
Virtual Office
Cons
Constant top level changes and reorganizations
If you are over 50 watch out
Sr. Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne PaJanuary 9, 2017
Since FIS acquired SunGard they are laying off many people over 50 and calling it a work force reduction, but then you see the same if not similar job posted on their company website.
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
• Testing and evaluating software on Windows 95/98/NT/2000 operating systems
• Lead tester on software customization features and modules
• Proofreading software documentation and conducting software research
Typical office work with no advancement
Data Entry Assoc (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2017
As a Data Entry Assoc. my job was to key financial forms, which was steady but very boring. I liked the job until I found it more difficult than anticipated to move up the ladder.
Great Company
Chief Technology Officer - IntelliMatch (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 15, 2016
SunGard is a fast paced and innovative company with great products and solutions. While the company focuses on the financial markets, it does not slow the innovativeness of its solutions. SunGard also provides great opportunities for career advancement.
The people I worked with were great.
Senior Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2016
It is a good place to work and in many ways, I wish I had stayed with the University. However, I was looking to expand my knowledge and thought that a consulting job would be interesting. Unfortunately, the travel which was reported as 25% turned out to be 50%.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard. Our community is ready to answer.