SunGard Employee Reviews

Great management and work envioronment
Lead Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote with some travel to Cincinnati OHNovember 29, 2016
Lots of room for advancement, enjoyed working there, good benefits, low salary. Moved up quickly advanced to higher paying jobs, management was quick to recognize my automation skills and allowed me to automate numerous processes in various Trust and Investment related departments.
Pros
Management, work environment
Cons
Salary
as senior Telecommunications Engineer I had much empowerment to modify and add services
Lead Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2016
Sungard was a great place to work. I ran the Telecommunications and internal infrastructure planning and implementation.

In the end I wanted more experience with evolving technologies especially Cisco powered networks.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
only worked on network applications ran on an IBM mainframe
Good pay, bad environment
Data Entry Operator/Back-Office Support (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALNovember 22, 2016
This is not a job for students. I started working here because it paid well, but the hours were only full-time, and the level of security didn't allow me much study time. Management was not that great, either.
Was a great place to work until they were bought by Fidelity.
Team Leader Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 7, 2016
I provided Operational Support for our customers in the Securities Finance Industry. I coordinated and set up procedures to receive and transmit files and reports for our clients using various methods of transmission and encryption. Assisted customers queries via phone and email in a timely accurate manner. Utilized schedulers to run programs at specific dates and times. Providing excellent customer service in a timely manner was always my priority. We grew from 30 clients to over 300 in the time I spent with this company. Fidelity bought the company in late 2015 and many senior employees were let go due to a reduction-in-force to cut payroll expenses. This had always been a great company to work for and truly hated losing this job.
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K, good people, all departments worked as a team
Cons
The people I worked with were great.
Senior Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2016
It is a good place to work and in many ways, I wish I had stayed with the University. However, I was looking to expand my knowledge and thought that a consulting job would be interesting. Unfortunately, the travel which was reported as 25% turned out to be 50%.
Awesome team environment and educational in financial industry
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed developing software projects and learning about retirement planning with the Securities Exchange Commission
young culture, good environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
Great people, young culture. Do what they can to help you grow as much as possible. Open door policy with management, I feel very comfortable if I need to speak with someone in upper management. The work is a grind and very hard, but if you are a hard worker and detailed oriented you should be fine.
SunGard - FIS
Managed Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
Great work experience and very happy to be associated with this company. Great place for entry-level developers and business analysis. SunGard is now FIS as they were bought in December 2014
Great Company
Chief Technology Officer - IntelliMatch (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 15, 2016
SunGard is a fast paced and innovative company with great products and solutions. While the company focuses on the financial markets, it does not slow the innovativeness of its solutions. SunGard also provides great opportunities for career advancement.
Part-Time Tape Librarian (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJuly 13, 2016
The company didn't last long. They ended up closing down and I had to seek work at other places. I really enjoyed working there
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
free lunch sometimes
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2016
Extensive hands on Test Automation Coding experience for Unit, API or Functional Tests and Hands-on experience in building applications with either Maven, Grunt, Gulp, MSBuild, ANTHands on experience of automation tools (Infrastructure, Test, Build) and experience in operation and maintenance of Linux/Windows
Good benefits as old but tough as new company unfolded...
Production Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 20, 2016
Typical day at work was generally putting out fires on a daily basis with people that everything was an emergency which is something I loved - never a dull moment.
Co-workers became like family because you work such long hours you are with them more than your actual family.
Data Center Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJune 14, 2016
I have worked for this company for 30 years. It has offered many opportunities for advancement. Great co-workers.
Sungard - FIS
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Unless you are kissing up to managements you can't do anything within the company. Not to mention the team leads they have over you can't even do their own jobs. They don't even know procedures and they expect you to learn forms they don't even know. Management is never around when you need them. Co-workers are always up walking around being loud. The team leads show favorites. If they like you, they let you get away with not doing work. Team leads will have you do their work training others. There is more drama compared to high school. HR does not care about any complaints. You can not move up within this company. You do not get raises. The procedures they expect you to follow by don't even make sense.You are made to fail and get errors. When you start within the company you have to sit for 6 months not doing anything. People fall asleep everyday. The job is very boring and you rarely learn new things. The company does nothing for you. They use to help with lunches or had more exciting things to do...nothing now!
Pros
Paid Vacation, being lazy, no management around, lunches optional
Cons
Poor management, poor team leads, HR will not help you, if you have a disability you are in trouble
No comment here
Lead Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
A great company to work; I didn't stay here very long to have an opinion one way or another. The nice thing is that you work at the company's location you're assigned to and that was pretty cool.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Worst! Messy ,Sorry People
Back Office Support (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 11, 2016
Working Here started off good. But then came lies from management about promotion. the people they put in charge don't do anything all day but play on there cell phone,eat all day an complain about stupid stuff such as staplers in work, Sorry team leads they want the other workers to do there work. Pay suck!!!! keep up mess!! so call friends talk about each other behind there back. Management have there picks and chooses. bring in people off the street rather then hire in house they hire friends of friends sad how management work I would not even call that management because it's unfair and they don't care about the people that work there butt off. Fire people cause one of the managers/leads don't like them. not all departments some departments are awful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Managment/ Leaders keep up so much mess
Very good company with knowledgeable management
Lead C# Developer / Senior Smalltalk Programmer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 8, 2016
Very good co-workers , parties, no stress environment. Friendly management , lot of training sessions. Working with ancient technology
Pros
Bowling parties
Cons
Decent work-life balance. Able to work remotely when needed. If you apply yourself, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Senior Director, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 8, 2016
We are still going through the integration process with FIS but the transition has gone fairly well as compared to other acquisitions. The FIS culture seems similar to SunGard. Leadership team seems good and communications about changes have been transparent and informative.
Love the flexability
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 29, 2016
If you need a job that's flexible around your home life, SunGard is the place to be. They offer great benefits compared to most although now that they're being bought out by FIS things might change. I've never worked somewhere that you can take 4 hours off whenever you need it. Sometimes this gets abused but they really don't care as long as you're happy.
Use to be a greate place to work. No longer a great place.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Was a great place to work until they were sold to private buyers. Benefits were cut. Employee staffing was also cut. Job description changed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunGard. Our community is ready to answer.