SunGard Employee Reviews in United States

Very good company with knowledgeable management
Lead C# Developer / Senior Smalltalk Programmer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 8, 2016
Very good co-workers , parties, no stress environment. Friendly management , lot of training sessions. Working with ancient technology
Pros
Bowling parties
Cons
Use to be a greate place to work. No longer a great place.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2016
Was a great place to work until they were sold to private buyers. Benefits were cut. Employee staffing was also cut. Job description changed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Under staffed
Ok place to work.
Professional Services, Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 9, 2016
First place I worked out of college. They give a chance to recent college graduates to gain valuable experience. Travel and work hour demands can be strenuous at times.
Great company
Regional Manager IT Delivery Services (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 15, 2016
SunGard was a great company to work for. Many highly talented individuals within their area of expertise. Good salary as well as benefits. The company understood the meaning of work/life balance
Great small company to start my career in computers
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I started at this job and moved my way as far up in the small company that there was room to grow. I felt I had learned and gotten promoted as far as I could so I decided to look for new opportunities. I small company is great because you become very close with the people you work with but mobility has limitations.
Pros
Worked with nice people, learned a lot and travelled
Cons
upward mobility
SunGard
Internal Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 12, 2015
SunGard has been acquired by FIS out of Jacksonville, Fla. Prior, it was a good company to work for. Going forward, I can only imagine that the combined company will be even stronger.
good place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 30, 2015
great work environment. Allows telecommuting. opportunities to move up. Supportive management. Politics aren't too bad. only downside is they don't offer competitive pay.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
non competitive pay
Good stable work environment
Senior Printer Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work, the management is firm but fair. The culture was very family oriented and I enjoyed the company and fellowship of my co-workers. Due to the nature of the business, our department saw a slowing down and we were offered early separation.
Ever changing management styles
Manager - Database Technology (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 25, 2015
The company is always in a restructuring mood. Lot of Management changes. Positions are cut and changed. Salary increase and bonus structure is awful .
Awesome family oriented company. Very educational
Relius Document Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Sungard was a very productive and exciting place to work. It was a very informative job, great team building exercise, awesome collegues. family oriented,
Pros
Great repore, awesome team building excercise
Good core group of Managers
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 19, 2015
Worked with this company before they were purchased as GetPaid. The core group of managers are still there, which is great. They are a good "family" of road warriors and was a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lots of travel
Great Exposure to Clients
Senior Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 17, 2015
Enjoyed having client exposure and working with the team of associates and helping define requirements and deliver solutions. Co-workers were pleasant.
Pros
Cooperative Co-workers, Enjoyed delivering Client solutions.
Cons
Office Politics sometimes got in the way of Client priorities
Very laid back work environment
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Inverness, ALAugust 17, 2015
It is an excellent place to work, excellent management, great benefits package. The traffic on 280 is a drawback, and the pay is also a draw back. There are no hard parts to this job, the hours are flexible, the daily quotas are obtainable, the major con I would say is that the pay increases at a very slow rate. After almost 6 years of working with this company, I have only moved from 10.00 up to 12.34 I am a top performer as well, and have a lot more responsibilities that the majority of my coworkers. So this pay increase is higher than most have acquired in 6 + years.
Pros
Flexible hours, you start out with 3 weeks vacation
Cons
minimal pay increases, no cell phones in the office, clean room environment
Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJAugust 3, 2015
Company culture is based purely upon sales volume. One is required to follow pre-arranged (selling) guidelines and is not encouraged to think outside the box.
Pros
Excellent benefit structure
Cons
Lack of job security
Fun place to work,
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 2, 2015
I worked at the front desk, Monitoring the contractors and or employees and visitors, Issued badges, answered all calls, General office work. Ordered supplies.
Not worth it
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2015
Sungard is the worst company I have ever work for. The whole company stinks. Management has their picks and chooses. No advancement, no consistency, and no increase in pay.
It was truly a family feeling enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt NJApril 19, 2015
Meet and great my Clints, Proivide Great Customer service and work with the Technictions.. Meetings, Conference calls.. My co-workers were Great. management was the best. The hardest part of the job was being laid off. The most enjoyable was Working with my clients, Having Customer Services Fun time.. Going to hershey park with all of the employees.
Pros
lunch, Hershey Park, Gold Outtings
Cons
N/A
Supportive of employee development
SR CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Very supportive of employees through education and advancement opportunities. Conversations with upper management are open and encouraged
Good experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2015
Sungard was a great job for a while. I met and worked with some incredible people. I was the Executive Assistant, so my job changed daily (I did a little bit of everything for everybody). I like a challenge/to be busy, so it was beneficial that way. Also, I love people, so that was good, too.
Over time, I got a little bored with the same duties (I did not move up in the company). I wanted more/new challenges. My department went through so many changes my last few months there. Not many of the people with whom I worked are still there.
The people were the best part of my job. I am so thankful that I met them and still keep in touch with many. I thoroughly enjoyed this job for most of my time there and am so thankful to have had it!
Pros
people, busy work
Cons
no promotions for me
Technology
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Support of Investran Implementations. Heavy technology focus with a lot of travel. I learned the solutions and product offerings.