SunGard

SunGard United States Employee Reviews

Great
Admin/Receptionist (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAApril 26, 2015
Great company and good people. Love working there. Nothing negative to say. Others should seek this company for work. Thank you.
It was truly a family feeling enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carlstadt NJApril 19, 2015
Pros: lunch, Hershey Park, Gold Outtings
Cons: N/A
Meet and great my Clints, Proivide Great Customer service and work with the Technictions.. Meetings, Conference calls.. My co-workers were Great. management was the best. The hardest part of the job was being laid off. The most enjoyable was Working with my clients, Having Customer Services Fun time.. Going to hershey park with all of the employees.
Supportive of employee development
SR CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2015
Very supportive of employees through education and advancement opportunities. Conversations with upper management are open and encouraged
Good experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people, busy work
Cons: no promotions for me
Sungard was a great job for a while. I met and worked with some incredible people. I was the Executive Assistant, so my job changed daily (I did a little bit of everything for everybody). I like a challenge/to be busy, so it was beneficial that way. Also, I love people, so that was good, too.
Over time, I got a little bored with the same duties (I did not move up in the company). I wanted more/new challenges. My department went through so many changes my last few months there. Not many of the people with whom I worked are still there.
The people were the best part of my job. I am so thankful that I met them and still keep in touch with many. I thoroughly enjoyed this job for most of my time there and am so thankful to have had it!
Technology
ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Support of Investran Implementations. Heavy technology focus with a lot of travel. I learned the solutions and product offerings.
Challenging Work But Rewarding
Implementation Specialist, Project Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: challenging work
Cons: rewarding, new projects often
Working at SunGard was a challenge but it was nice that everyday was not the same. It is hard work but rewarding. Some of the projects were very quick and some took a very long time. That was the nature of the implementation beast.
Laid back and relaxed
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: paid vacation. downtime. co-workers are awesome
Cons: management, moving up in the company doesn't happen a lot.
This job isn't too bad for a office job. You have your busy parts in the day and also the relaxed moments. Management needs some work but overall your co-workers pick up and help where management lacks.
Good if you are unemployed and need a job
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee), Wayne, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work conditions, poor management, poor work software, no work/life balance, work july 4th every year
This company is poorly managed and the work/life balance is non-existed. The communication between divisions is horrible and the turnover is extremely high.
Exposure to multiple products and business segments
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Great way to gain exposure to various businesses through the different financial products SunGard offers and strongly encouraged to have interaction with clients to establish relationships.
I enjoyed working with Sungard
Auditor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
I was on the computer all day, which besides school was something I didn't do; also something I had to get use to. My manager was awesome; I would love to work for her again. My coworkers were cool also, I was the only female which was cool also.
Extremely busy place but always on the leading edge of technology
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJNovember 7, 2014
Always had a lot to do but always learning the latest available technology.
Sungard was a good place to work. Until they started downsizing. Hitting people with the most experience.
Contracts Administrator II - Billing (Former Employee), Wayne PANovember 7, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: not enough training to do your job
My typical work day was good. I was always busy. But not much for training it's employees or advancement.
ok
Unix System Administrator (Former Employee), totoway njOctober 8, 2014
Pros: i did this already
Cons: ok
ok i did this already its ok low pay, too few people as a result way too much work
Management helpful
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: stressful at year end
Enjoyed working with team members. Team worked well together.
Office Position
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Inverness, SCTSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: easy and enjoyable job, loved the work
Cons: far away from home, management
On a typical day at work I mostly handled all of the clerical duties and was a Data Entry Specialist. I loved the position I worked I just struggled with the manager I had because she was unprofessional and done anything that she could to make work life hard on me. It made it where I dreaded going to work everyday. I had a hard time with my coworkers because they would join in with her on picking on me to fit in with her. When I was not being tormented I was able to get tons of work done and loved what I done. I really kept hoping that another manager would come in but I was unable to hold out that long.
Productive Company
Director Sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: nice benefit packages
Cons: lack of product innovation
I learned many valuable lessons at SunGard, from how to deal with developers, customers, and sales skills.
Work/Life Balance- Casual work environment- Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 17, 2014
Pros: monthly team building, casual dress, balanced life, challenging work, fun downtown location
Cons: distance from home a bit far from home, growing so much running out of space
Each division is ran differently. The division I work at works well together and we have a great office. The tenure in our office is 15 years and the turnover is low. We have a work hard/play hard office mentality with a nice work/life balance. We have a great product and the product is always growing. There is room for internal growth for those who want it.
NA
Supervisor (Former Employee), BirminghamMay 16, 2014
SunGard was a good compnay to work for with great benefits and salary. I enjoyed working for them.
Poor training and little room to advance.
Manager U.S.Shared Services Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2014
Job training poor. Advancement opportunities limited and not made public.
Laid Back Place to Work; Family oriented
QA Certifier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch outings
Cons: no room for advancement
Worked closely with developers
Great Management
Most co-workers like family members

1 2 3