SUNIVA Employee Reviews

Very unorganized
Module Operator / Komax Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 16, 2015
Honestly the title says it all over 6 months without an actually plant manager and an interim plant manager that has let the place completely fall apart. We have gone months now with a very necessary machine to our process broken down and steps weren't even taken to have someone from the company come out and look at it till it was down for over 2 months which put a massive strain on employees who had to try to do by hand what this machine was doing. On top of this Suniva is not actually hiring anymore, all they bring in now is temps. They promise these temps that after 60 days they will hire them into the company and I know 3 for sure on my shift who are about to pass 120 days and are very good workers and all they are told when they ask is that they're sorry but there is a freeze on hiring right now but as soon as they lift it they will be the first ones to be brought into the company. This is also the same thing that is told to me and several other employees that have been there since they have opened they doors when we ask about when we are going to get our reviews and raises.
Pros
some very good emplyees on the lower end of management
Cons
bad upper management and overly expensive health insurance
Could be great place to work if they work out the kinks
Module Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 22, 2015
For this to be a manufacturing plant, you never know what you're quite getting into from day to day. Management keeps changing due to people quitting or getting fired, most machines don't work or don't do what they are supposed to do so they have to be shut down, and they rarely communicate what they actually want. When they do, it's kind of an unrealistic (though ambitious) goal. We don't have the manpower nor the equipment to perform the tasks they demand, yet they keep demanding it. I love working here, and once everything smooths out I will be updating my review. As of this moment, they need a lot of work.
Pros
good benefits, easy work for pay
Cons
lack of communication, direction
A great place to learn and earn with good culture
Certified Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 23, 2016
A great place to learn and earn .Very good working hours and time of schedules.Great people with very good work ethics.Working in this company makes an individual to grow faster
Ever changing enviroment
Quality (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 29, 2016
Suniva is always changing, changing our product, our quality and our employees. Turn over is normal in every company but at Suniva it's constant. If you are stick with it there could be opportunity to move up.
Pros
Opportunity to advance
Cons
No real direction.
not bad
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 7, 2016
being in manufacturing for over 15 years, this is not a bad job. The mandatory 12 hour shifts became too much for me and my life at this current time.
Company circling the drain
Module Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 3, 2016
I have never worked for a more disorganized, backwards run company. At first we were told that it would be disorganized due to it being a new production facility. Though now, over a year later, the company is running basically the same, except with “new” equipment that is broken down half the time or is damaging product. Management’s primary concern is writing reports to make it seem as though our process and quality is perfect. Often times quality specifications are ignored by management completely in order to pad their reports. Operators that bring up issues with their machine or the process are ignored or told to deal with it. With no one in management willing to raise issues with the process, because it would look bad on their report, they are further crippling the business’ potential growth.
For being a company vested in green energy they love excessive, unnecessary paperwork, there are even checklists of checklists. They are pushing to expand our production while cutting operators from each shift. Safety is almost non-existent, we often don’t have the first aid supplies we need, some of the machines are missing their safety guards, and management is willing to have operators reach into moving conveyors as long as it pushes production. Even though we are told modules are selling as we produce them, the warehouse doesn’t seem to be shipping them on the days they do show up.
Upon hire you’ll receive a handbook of company policies, throw this away as the company itself doesn’t follow any of their written policies. Don’t expect any support as an operator, since the HR department
  more... is incompetent at best and leaves you frustrated and without any answers. Most of the management is very unprofessional and lacks any real management experience or training. Any contact with operators is seen as a burden to them, so they are intentionally callous and rude to curb any further interaction with their employees. Avoid this company and its products at all cost.  less
Pros
Pay is decent for Suniva employees
Cons
Incompetent management
Company with an unstable future at best.
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 4, 2015
The only positive is the people I work with, there is no support from QA or upper management. The process changes every few days which affects production numbers and initial quality which management refuses to acknowledge. Constant changes with equipment and process have workers on edge about job security as the company pushes further toward being fully automated. Paper work and production numbers seem to be the only major concern of upper management and there is a lack of proper training for all employees.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Health care costs, excessive paperwork, lack of training on constant process changes.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 7, 2016
Good job but the hours where a little hard 3:00am-3:00pm and the paid was ok. But overall it was a good company. The manager was very nice and show respect.
Pros
day offs
Cons
wrong time for 12 hours shifts
Negative and unorganized
Module Control operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 1, 2015
Some lower level management is okay and some is terrible. All levels of management are far more into numbers and window dressing than substance "fudging solar panel grades and numbers is something that I have seen first hand. A common slogan from the plant manager and some bottom level management is "you're here to benefit the company the company isn't here to accommodate you." I've never worked anywhere were they come out and say that!
The shifts changed from 1st thru 3rd shifts M-F to 12 hour rotating shifts 5a-5p with no preference given and overall management across the board is both disorganized and high handed. I'm glad to have a job but truly one of the worst and most unethical corporate cultures that I've worked for.
The company is now 63% Chinese owned and much of the raw materials come from China we do just enough here to sell the parts as being American Made.. be it Chinese owned.
Pros
It's a job and the title "modular operator" at least sounds better than some job titles
Cons
Frequently down for days at a time due to running out of materials and down equipment, disorganized, high handed, terrible corporate culture.
Decent company
Process operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 7, 2014
Medium sized green technology company that manufactures solar cells and panels. 24/7 operation with 4 different manufacturing shifts that rotate. Corporate employees, engineers, and management are on a M-F 9-5 schedule. Process operators start at about 35000 a year but can easily make up to and exceed 40000 a year with overtime and different compensation certifications. Being a 24/7 operation, objectives are focused on output. At times quality and correct work processes and SOP's have been sacrificed to reach target numbers and goals. Mid level management is not overly concerned with employee morale and are more concerned with hitting target numbers and goals. Lower level management that includes engineering and supervisors do a good job in supporting lower level employees needs and concerns. The most difficult part was the everyday changing landscape of management's goals. Sometimes management seemed to be in a state of confusion without a real strategy as to execute their objectives. Projects and goals seemed to be handed down in a vertical hierarchy without any real strategy to achieve objectives akin to "passing the hot potato" and "figure it out" mentality. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diverse group of people to work with.
Pros
Hard work, good attitude, and good work ethic can lead to recognitions and promotions.
Cons
Mid level management and biased reviews pre selections when regarding employees for promotions.
Productive good sprite place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 16, 2016
I learned a lot working at Suniva I met goo hard working people that no matter about the changes that was taking place around them, they still keep their sprite. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers great bunch to work with helpful and very knowledgeble
Pros
Free to be an adult.......you was hired to do a job and that's the way they treated you.
Cons
Just didn't have the budget to bring you onboard full-time.
Bad place to work. Run awayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 25, 2014
If you are smart you would run as fast as you can from this company. They micro-manage and watch you to death and work you like a dog and then threaten your job. They use under-handed corporate tactics to intimidate you. Horrible corporate culture. However, This is a dying industry. They will closed the door soon since they can not compete with the cheap Chinese solar.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
Not a bright outlook industry
Nice place to work with a decent scedule
Process operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 1, 2013
Start off by starting up machines and running production to meet company goals. I learned to be patient at this job, the management is needs guidance. My co workers were fun to work around and i meant alot of nice people. There is no hard part of the job, and the most enjoyable is when we have company events
Pros
the schedule
Cons
Suniva is a place where the Technology is made and experience is gotten
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 21, 2014
working at Suniva is one of the best things that ever happened in my life, Everyday I'm going to work eager to learn more and getting experience that would be different than the other days. it's not boring at all, it keeps you thinking wondering and imagining about what you're going to fix or solve. I think the most part that I learned is how to be patient and never freak out no matter what you're facing. I learned how to troubleshot correctly how to get things fixed, how to deal and communicate with other workers and Employees. I'm working in a shift of four Technicians, we are working as a unit we share our thoughts and discuss our problems. Suniva is a solar cell manufacturing we are doing solar cells as technicians we're working on different machines with different concepts, that hard part of the job is that we are responsible on all the machines and how to keep these machine running so alot of concepts and theories you have to know about. The most enjoyable part is the configuration we are doing to get this machines up and ready to serve.
Relaxed work place and enjoyable co-workers and management
Module assemblymen, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaApril 22, 2015
12 hour shifts. Two certifications per year are required. I learned how to operate machinery and troubleshoot if any errors would occur. I also learned how to complete tedious assignments while working with others.
It is great place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 2, 2015
The work schedule is like 12 hr shift and rotating.the interesting part of this company is working in clean environment and the co-worker are good.
Fun and productive work place
Flash and calibration attendant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Suniva is great company to work for, they have awesome peoples a great culture of team work.
Great
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 14, 2014
Its good company to work at people are respectful and training is always available, payment is good,
No consistency from day to day
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 12, 2014
Company is highly unprofessional and works in the red. if not for the pay it is not worth the job.
Nice place to work
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Norcross,GaJanuary 31, 2014
Nice place to work, Im just looking for better hours. Great clean atmosphere and a good staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNIVA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7