Sunmark Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Figure it out on your own, there is no training
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 25, 2017
I was thrown into a brand new position with no experience, received very limited training and then reprimanded and ultimately fired for poor performance. My department was constantly understaffed, manager was usually too busy to help me with questions and I was left to figure it out on my own. I'm a good worker and a reliable employee and was told so when I was fired. Apparently Sunmark would rather fire good workers than help them learn how to do their job.
Productive and fun place to work
MSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Must be in half hour before opening, not very busy, great staff and customers.

Hours are a bit long, sometimes in some branches the head teller is a bit mean and don't really teach you anything.
Pros
incentives, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Productive, sales
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at Sunmark FCU was interacting with people (members). Helping them with their finances and trying to make their personal fiances benefit them in future. I learn how to help people in more ways then just cashing their payroll checks and do withdrawals.
The co- workers I worked with were wonderful people and as myself were eager to help not just the members of the credit union they were quick to help fellow employees with what ever they needed.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help the member in the way they wanted, in the end you do not stop helping, until you can find the right solution to help them out.
Not the best Capital Region Credit Union.. Head over to CAPCOM
Risk Management (Current Employee) –  LathamJuly 11, 2015
All VPs are overpaid, never around when needed, and for the most part are useless. There are emails that are sent out regularly with employee termination notifications all of which are typically for petty offenses, known internally as the "revolving door." No job security. They do offer great health insurance benefits, but your pay is mediocre relative to what is asked of you. If you are a VP you are golden, just delegate and disappear. New CEO is a hardworking individual but is in over his head, a far cry from the former CEO BB. So if you are a mid-to-low level employee, be prepared to work long hours while the VP of your department gets his/her ridiculous bonus for doing absolutely ZERO work.
Pros
Health Insurance.
Cons
Useless opinionated upper level employees
blank
blank (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 7, 2014
They don't know who you are if you don't sell. I am sick and tired of the pressure to push products on customers even on busy days when there are lines of customers that don't have anymore patience left to listen to you after waiting. Most branches are understaffed, mostly because of rapid turnover (unhappy employees leaving due to the stress and lack of recognition or understanding by upper management). Burn-out happens rather quickly because it is hard to keep up with sales goals. If you don't sell, YES you get fired. Managers don't recognize you. Low pay.
Pleasant place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the opportunity of meeting a variety of people that would come in to have their banking transactions quickly and accurately taken care of. I also very much enjoyed the challenge of meeting sales goals every week.