SunMaxx Solar Employee Reviews

Fun work environment and culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  San DiegoNovember 9, 2013
SunMaxx Solar is unlike any job I've ever had. The work environment is incredibly laid back. I've been doing the corporate thing for years, so being able to be in a successfull, family-owned office like this is a treat!! Especially for an inside sales job.

There is not any micromanagement. Goals are attainable. The company gives you as much support as you need to be successful. There's TONS of money to be made in the industry, and the sky is the limit. My bosses actually listen to my opinion, take my advice, and truly care about my happiness within the company.

Everyone in the office is incredibly fun and spirited. Kicking a soccer ball with as much force as possible against a flat plate collector (to test its durability, duh!), is just another day at the office...So is beach volleyball, kayaking, and the occasional guest appearance of my dog by my desk on a Friday.

The outside sales team has total freedom, of course, but just as much personality. It doesn't matter where that rep is based. Even if they are in Massachusetts, they get the same amazing level of respect and support as though they were inside the office.

This isn't cut-throat pharmaceutical sales. You are selling something that really makes a difference in world. Just that, is enough for me.
Pros
fun environment, great money, great people
Cons
not enough time to take care if all my clients!
A Start-up trying to find its focus
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYApril 30, 2013
Sunmaxx is an interesting company with a lot of potential. There is no typical day, as anything could happen. I was put in a variety of roles during my time there and learned a lot. It was exciting working in an emerging market and blazing a trail. However this lead to a lot of growing pains within the company as the transition from startup mid-size started to become a priority.
Pros
exciting work, good people, good cause
Cons
weak management, lack of direction, disorganization
Dynamic Challenging Environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San DiegoApril 4, 2013
The company is open on all fronts to new creative ideas and processes. I was surprised by how open management was to feedback on their current operations and internal processes.

Would recommend employment to other friends and eager professionals.
Pros
flexible time, melting pot of different staff to work with, convenient location
Cons
need more time in the day!
Challenging but Rewarding
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Conklin, NYFebruary 1, 2013
If you are competitive and like a good challenge in a productive way, this is a great place to work! I have far exceeded all the expectations I had for myself because I accepted the challenge to better myself by being open, and accepting the many opportunities that were presented to me to learn every aspect of the business.

Unfortunately, the complainers out there tend to be the type of employee that have entitlement issues, who expect to get paid a lot of money to do a minimal amount of work. This type of employee usually can't keep a job, has a lot of down time to go online and complain about a company where they failed not because of anyone or thing but themselves.
Excellent sales position in a market with uncapped growth
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Conklin NYJanuary 11, 2013
Excellent environment to succeed in sales and in a growing market. Sunmaxx is far ahead of its competitors and strives to be at the forefront of the solar thermal market allowing it sales team to stay ahead of the competition.
Pros
uncapped commissions, unlimited resources to succeed in sales
Cons
educating a market and having to develop the market.
Challenging Innovator
Controller (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Innovative, complex solar thermal and PV provider. Vertically integrated firm offering all stages in a green energy proposal including need analysis, system design, custom engineering, materials procurement, system installation, and system commissioning. There was no typical day - a day could bring anything and often did.
Stay Away!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NyDecember 7, 2012
Agreed, toxic! Don't believe this company will be around for too much longer.
Pros
few
Cons
short breaks if any, toxic environment
Toxic Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYOctober 31, 2012
The attitude express by management is that EVERYONE (Employees and Customers) are replaceable and disposable. Employees have extremely low morale. Management is not interested in hearing anyone’s opinions except the “YES MEN”. General attitude of management is "Don't like it, there's the door". Management disregards all customer complaints.

Had to give 1 star as system would not give a zero rating.
Pros
willing to train
Cons
too many to list
Easy-going and laid back work environment
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 17, 2012
As an intern at SunMaxx Solar, I've been able to experience just what kind of work environment it has to offer: a very laid back, relaxed office environment. Most of the people there enjoy their work and are always willing to help anyone who asks for it, especially as an intern who might have trouble at first finding the ropes. My supervisor and the product engineer that I work with have the utmost patience when I first started working here and still do.
New Office
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Conklin, NYFebruary 17, 2012
I left before they moved into a new manufacturing plant, so it could be a lot better now. In my experience the company is growing extremely fast and has a lot of promise, but that is also the problem. The fact it is growing fast makes it a very insecure place to work and they do not have enough money to pay for their employees
Pros
easy to move up the ladder
Cons
senior management expects you to do everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunMaxx Solar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9