Sunoco Logistics

Sunoco Logistics Employer Reviews

A Good Company
Crude Hauler (Former Employee), Abilene, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: unionized, and nice equipment
Cons: no advancement
I loved working here! While not much room for advancement they took care of their employees. I was able to learn how to haul oil as well as work it. There really isnt anything hard about this job. I did enjoy everyone I worked with and around.
Hands-on summer internship
Butane Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: 401k for interns. great pay
Cons: intern program from hr sucked.
I was an intern in the Butane Blending Group in the summer of 2013. The intern program as a whole wasn't structured that well from HR. The activities were boring and we the interns came up with our own things to do.

However, what other internship gives you a 401K and GREAT pay! Also my group gave me actual responsibilites that DIRECTLY affected the – more... performance of the entire group.

If SXL would just make the program as a whole better from HR this would be one of the top internships in the country. – less
Solid company
Manager, Crude Oil Supply (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2014
Pros: lenient with schedule in taking off time for personal things.
Cons: management does not back what they promise
Reputable company that many customers see as a great company to do business. Learned a lot about the crude oil supply side and how to work logistics in transportation. Great co-workers all willing to help you succeed.
I liked working at that job
I was a Safety Supervisor for a Contractor (Former Employee), Nederland, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great area
This was a very good place to work and I liked the area. The people I worked with were great and I would return if a job came open.
Good place for the time in my life.
Regional Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 3, 2013
Reviewing contracts and inputting data helped me learn more of that side of the industry. Management in my office was supportive but not the main office. I enjoyed learning new things.
Bad pay
Transport crude oil driver (Former Employee), Big spring and Snyder TexasMay 22, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: badddd pay which we are all not wanting
Really bad pay if u like to haul oil for the price of water hauling and a lot of restrictions company is not with the orientation they put u threw and for so small pay .1800 a mile and .40 for mile is not worth it u will only make about $240 and that's even if the older guys been there before u will take the good loads and give the bad loads and u will – more... end making $100 or something a day not worth the time to an app there way better oil company's that pay u $380 to $400 a day Sunoco is badd they try to make it like its a good company but I feel bad for the workers still there honestly not a good company to haul oil for stay away – less
Challenging and rewarding job
E & I Technician (Current Employee), Sour Lake, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: variety of equipment to work on. working outdoors. being issued a company truck with tools, laptop, and equipment to perform my duties.
Cons: we are somewhat short staffed therefore the overtime can be significant at times
I have freedom to make decisions about the equipment/process that I am working on but keep my supervisor informed as he has 'inside information' that I may not know about which may sometimes give me a different direction to pursue.
It is challenging to troubleshoot systems that are in remote locations and operated by radio communications, satelite, – more... and/or ethernet. The control room operators are a tremendous help but the radio signals can be somewhat slow as we troubleshoot through a problem. My co-workers are always available to assist or even help over the phone if I need them.
I am gaining an indepth experience/understanding of Allen-Bradley RS Logix PLC's that I had previously not needed. Along with some minor programming opportunities.
The stuff that I enjoy the most on this job is working on something that is broken/inoperative and walking away with it functioning properly! – less
lots of opportunity
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Nederland, TxApril 11, 2013
Allows you to receive great opportunities! Every aspect of the job is enjoyable. Safe and friendly envioroment.
Career Killers
Pipeliner (Former Employee), PA AreaApril 9, 2013
Cons: poor management
It's not what you know but who you know. Worst corporate culture I have ever been apart of. Plenty of incompetent people in positions they have no business being in.
Beware
Ex employee (Former Employee), Seminole OklahomaNovember 14, 2012
Pros: steady job, trying to make money
Cons: no advancment
Beware of working for this company if you are a driver, There are many positions open for this company, and you think you have an opportunity at them but, you will not. They will keep you a driver because of the shortage of drivers, No moving on with this company.
Great job
Pipelier III (Current Employee), Taylor, MISeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great job
This is a good job with lots of freedom. The people are great and the job pays very well.