Sunoco Logistics Employee Reviews

very caring company
Crude Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Sunoco Logistics values their employees equally, regardless of position, from oil truck driver to higher management.
Robot type atmosphere with a dismal cube oriented environment
Sr. Measurement Analyst Gain/Loss Crude Oil (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Avoid this place at all costs. VERY non people oriented, emails are never answered, culture is heavy and dismal. I have never dreaded a workplace like I do this one.
Poorly Managed, 4/2 Schedule
Crude Oil Hauler (Current Employee) –  Hearne, TXOctober 3, 2016
Hearne Yard has a bunch of Union crybabies. They complain about the ones who run and haul the oil, but they are the ones who drop their final loads of the workday. You have to take your tools with you otherwise there's a good chance someone will take them. You can't leave anything on the truck unless it's welded to the truck.

Mgmt is aware of what's going on, but does little to nothing about it.

The 4/2 Schedule rotates so it doesn't give you much time to get stuff accomplished at home.

The benefits are good.
Pros
Its a job, Benefits are good
Cons
No advancement, Poor Morale, Poor Leadership
Went to alot of locations and there was no load to haul.
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJuly 17, 2016
Where I worked was very disorganized, dispatch was a joke. You would be dispatched on a load and get there and it was already gone. co workers would get your load that was not dispatched to them because there load was a reject. Management was all about there egos, not about the company and the employees.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Union
Good, not great
Right of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHMay 5, 2016
Sunoco was just getting back into the pipeline "world" so they needed to figure out some of their structure. I'm sure over time they have become more organized and run a better operation now.
A great group of people to work with
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Flats, NYApril 19, 2016
My times at Sunoco Logistics were enjoyable due to such great people to work with , and for. I learned a lot of computer skills and how to run an office, keeping the work straight for more than a dozen workers. It was high stress but made easier by the pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
Great coffee.
Good work at a growing company
Special Projects Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marcus Hook, PAMarch 23, 2016
Worked as a co-op for only eight months. Paid very well. Lots of great people. Some days were slow but there is a lot of exciting stuff taking place there.
Pros
Good people doing honest work.
Cons
The stray cats don't do anything about the geese.
Works is good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXNovember 16, 2015
Money and insurance was good but supervison was terrible. Always unorganized. Yard was in terrible shape. Didn't have a bathroom to use. Equipment was nasty. The company makes money but doesn't spend any!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unorganized
Very Challenging
Senior Welding Inspector, Mustang Engineering (Former Employee) –  Colorado City, TXNovember 11, 2015
My day consisted of writing permits at job location. This included Hot Works, Confined Entry, etc.
Also included was insuring all MTR's were collected and filed. Red Line and As-built drawings were submitted to engineering. Certify all Hydrostatic testing was performed per specs. Retrieve all calibration certs for equipment and OQ's for operators performing duties. Insure all lifting equipment brought on site by third part was in compliance and operator was certified to operate said equipment.
Pros
Operated on my own.
Cons
To far from home.
Very good inspectors, we made a great team
CHIEF INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  PENNSYLVANIAOctober 14, 2015
Everyone enjoyed working together to get the project under construction,and as the chief inspector, I learned how do better my abilities to manage the project tasks with the inspectors availible. Associate inspectors were very talented in their disciplines and were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult landowners that were still frustrated with the previous gas company and contractor that constructed another pipeline previously across their property. Working with the contractor constructing our pipeline and showing the community we cared about the environmental impacts to the property and their way of life by preserving streams, wetlands,and culural areas became the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
ASSOCIATES, ENVIRONMENT, WAGES
Cons
TRAVELING IN MOUNTAIN AREAS IN WINTER STORMS
Good Place to work, Work is enjoyable, People are friendly.
Ticket Analyst, Trucking (Current Employee) –  Sugerland TXSeptember 17, 2015
Flexible hours, as long as you work your 40 each week, Management is very friendly, they are willing to teach and build up their employees.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
Coworkers are not driven
productive and rewarding to know all is helping to keep community moving on a daily basis.
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Waskom TexasSeptember 13, 2015
Daily operations to keep pumps and motors running on the pipeline, and truck loading racks operational 24/7 for hundreds of trucks.
challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oley, PAAugust 30, 2015
I loved the job in the beginning the people were great to work with and the customers were always very nice, but I had needed some time off because my grandfather was in the hospital and ended up passing away and the owner of the store gave me a hard time about switching shifts or having off.
Pros
great customers
Cons
the way it was ran
Great Place to work!
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXAugust 6, 2015
I Gauged 45 foot tanks, ran test on oil samples, shipped out oil onto a barge. I also did terminal maintenance. My co-workers are awesome. Everyone in Sunoco I have ever met has always been really nice. Hardest part of my job is that weather play a big part in my job if we have bad weather we cant ship out any oil.
East Boson's Terminal has been a great learning experience
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MAJuly 4, 2015
East Boston's Terminal is a great place to learn about the logistics of petroleum. On a daily basis you are work with truck drivers, communicate with pipeline controllers, and gain knowledge about marine safety while dealing with various vessels.
productive
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 2, 2015
My manger here is excellent there are not to many places I have worked where I have peace. The atmosphere is very laid back and the people here are more than willing to train you and help you with any problem you may have.
Pros
management, good atmosphere, team players
Cons
location, benifits
Excellent Job, flexible hours
Crude Oil Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 8, 2015
Awsome management, excellent benefits, great company, with well made roots.
You can earn all the money you can made.
Great on safety
co workwers are team oriented
I enjoy all the time I work with Sunoco
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Really no such thing as a "typical day" your agenda constantly changing

The most enjoyable part of the day was helping co-workers with any problem that they might be having, payroll, HR, Office programs, such as excel or powerpoint.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Cold inside the building
Productive and Professinal Work Environment
Ticket Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston TaJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day for work is completeing my reconcilation analysis, processing vlook ups and formulas to figure out gain and loss. I learn a lot more about crude oil and how it is transported. My co worker would say i am a team player and my willingness to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things.
Dysfunctional
Right of Way (Current Employee) –  Sugar LandNovember 3, 2014
Very unprofessional culture in the ROW department. The director likes to hire family and friends and doesn't value performance, education or experience. The capital projets manager is I'll tempered and condescending. The salary is low and there's little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Office is in the burbs
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunoco Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8