Sunoco LP Employee Reviews

poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I contacted my area manager and HR about our store manager unfortunately nothing has been done to remedy the issue. We will continue to lose people. A simple please and thank you go a long way.
Fast paced learning environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Provided outstanding customer service daily resulting in an increase in company revenue. Successfully processed cash transactions daily with 100 percent accountability. Apply OSHA regulations to my everyday routine to ensure safety in the work area.
Management does not know how to manage
Restaraunt associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX franklin aveDecember 30, 2017
Will not work constantly to keep up food safety codes. Does not care if things are wrong or out of date if he is off the clock or. Lose to being off the clock. Will not fix issues. Leaves them for others, non managers to figure out. Overall mess.
Pros
Learned how not to be
Cons
Got treated badly
No respect
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MADecember 16, 2017
You will be treated with contempt by Methuen, MA Sunocos. Bad management, bad hours, rude customers, low pay, really, really bad management, unreliable coworkers
Pros
Cons
many
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PADecember 14, 2017
The assistant manager was stealing and fired me because I threatened to say something. Other than that it is a good job. I have been trying to get my job back since but no luck.
Poor Management
Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2017
Dept. manager and Director had absolutely no knowledge of department's responsibilities and duties. This making it very hard for someone with 15 years experience in the field to get any work done and done productively. Not to mention the very clear gender and racial discrimination.
Absolutely Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 4, 2017
My job entails meeting customer needs most of the day when I’m at my job that also mean it's my needs.

- Very friendly workplace environment
- Meeting new people every day is best part.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Low wages
It was good
Item Level Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2017
It was a very enjoyable job, I found myself growing with the company with only being there for a year and the newest member on my team. It paid what I needed and I enjoyed it
Stressful with the manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJOctober 28, 2017
The only good thing about sunoco is the customers.the manager doesn't care about nobody but himself he's not a team player has no personality and so cheap and on top of that the area manger comes and stared you down from head to toes really unprofessional I hope I can get the 5 years I wasted with sunoco back because its was worthless but I met some really good customers and some great coworkers
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Manager/area manager need to treat employees better
Fast Paced job
Retail Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Richboro, PAOctober 24, 2017
Everyday is a different day. I enjoy meeting new people. The job is a very fast-paced. Customer service is our top priority. We strive to make sure the Guest has a positive experience every time they visit our location.
Great Place to Work while it lasted
Senior Specialist Vehicle Care (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 23, 2017
My short experience with the Sunoco was great, unfortunately the company announced the sale of my business unit 3 months after I took the job and I will be laid-off in November.
great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work been here for 23 years. great leadership advisors. can't imagine working anywhere else they are family oriented. at which is a plus
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont know
Stressful Hostile Environment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 21, 2017
They do not care about their people. Always being threatened of termination. New management was not a good place to work since they took over. Prior to them, it was a great place,
It was awful
Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 21, 2017
You don't get lunch breaks, you have to eat little bits while you work. The manager was rude and always complaining about every little thing if it wasn't exactly the way she wanted it. Poor morale. The actual work was fairly simple just a terrible environment.
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
Everything about that store was a con
challenging
Resturant manager/Regional Resturant Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 3, 2017
A typical day at work would include ensuring my team is in proper uniform, doing a daily walk through to ensure everything meets company guidelines, team huddles and team building, training, coaching in the development of future leaders.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
little advancemnet oportunites
Relaxed and family oriented
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYAugust 23, 2017
I loved working here but the pay should be much more for what you are asked to do. Fast paced, very administrative and safety involved. Family oriented.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Productive and organized
Sales and Marketing Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 21, 2017
I work in a newly designed permanent office building sized to fit multiple departments into one location. Our location is filled with enough office spaces for every permanent worker as well as those visiting for special projects and/or meetings. There are plenty of meeting spaces conducive for individual and cross departmental meeting sessions which are all equipped with the necessary technology for all attendees and to invite offsite business partners to collaborate with. These amenities promote a culture of excellence, teamwork and customer focus. I manage the day to day operations of a multi-organizational department supporting and overseeing the organizational needs of four teams under one main department. This requires me to have exceptional organizational skills, problem solve, develop and implement plans, and meet goals all while staying focused on the details. When I initially moved into this position, the most challenging part of my job was multi-tasking between multiple departments with like deadlines. However, I met this challenge by tightening my personal organizational schedule by using Outlook, One-Note and other tools. My work as a support associate is fulfilling but working with on special projects is most enjoyable for me. My manager is disciplined, focused, committed and versatile. Under his leadership, I have opportunities to work on projects outside of the department like organizing and facilitating the Bring your Child to Work Day events and orientation/onboarding new sales employees with the HR department. What I have learned in this position as Support  more... Associate was to embrace organizational tools on Outlook and One Note for example. I love using my Franklin Planner but using these valuable tools in conjunction with my Planner heightens my organizational skills for future roles.  less
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Interesting but Chaotic
Legal (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
It's never a dull moment at SUN LP, which can be good or bad, depending upon what you're looking for and which role you fill. At times, the workload and expectations are just too much.
Sunoco
Shared Service Center (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 17, 2017
- Great organization offering fantastic work/life balance.
- Company is in a transition phase since they are selling off their Corporate Retail Locations
- Many corporate employees have very long tenure and was a place where someone could end their career
Pros
Great work/life balance, flexability
Cons
most of organization either moving to TX or being sold
Company sold during my first year of employment
Sr. OD Conultant (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 10, 2017
Communications among staff and from leadership is terrible. Pay is low compared to market for my skills. Benefits are OK, although Health Insurance deductible doubled this year.

Company sold the retail business and I will most likely be out of work after only a year of being here. Not a happy camper.