Sunoco Employee Reviews

A good place to work part time
Cashier (Former Employee), Brownstown, MIAugust 22, 2015
Sunoco was a really good place to work at. It was convenient and the manager/owner was really nice. The environment was good.
Positive and efficient work environment
Supervisor- Jim Harrington (Former Employee), Monroe, CTAugust 22, 2015
I handled large sums of money on a daily basis (storing, transporting, counting). Also, I would interact with a wide variety of customers, handling each one with respect and working with a desire to solve their problem/help them.
Customers were great!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Auburndale, FLAugust 20, 2015
management were in clicks.If you didn't share their opinion,they made it harder on you.Management expected employees to do their job as well and not get compensated for it.
Sunoco
IS Client Services Site Lead (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2015
Sunoco is a wonderful place to work. If it wasn't for the company relocating I would never leave. The benefits, workers and work environment are outstanding.
customer service
Customer service (Former Employee), avondale p.aAugust 12, 2015
always greeting customers with a smile
ringing up customers
solving problems and complaints
working in the deli making hoagies and drinks
giving always the best customer service
making them happy
sunoco the start
Manager (Former Employee), philadelphiaAugust 6, 2015
Sunoco was a great start to learning how to count money and learn about pricing. It was a fast pace environment that was very demanding. I will never forget this job.
enjoyable work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part time hours
coworkers and management friendly, not much chance for advancement. Stocked shelves and cooler, cleaned as necessary.
Sunoco
Cashier (Former Employee), Irwin, PAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: snacks all day
Cons: non so good benefits
Typical day at work is ringing up customers and making sure they are happy. I learned a lot of customer service details and how to deal with difficult situations. The hardest part of the job is when customers are yelling profanities and you don't know what else to say to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet new people everyday.
Good place to work at first
Manager (Former Employee), East Brunswick NJJuly 14, 2015
This is a good job if you are looking for a second job or part time. You make good tips working out at the gas pumps. Would not recommend
Well organized organization
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2015
Very flexible hours around school, good management, and good benefits. Although shifts are long, the days usually go by quickly due to the high volume of customers.
Dislike
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Titusville, FLJune 27, 2015
I was never able to get a break.. I didnt like the way that i was treated. I left a good job to take this one where I was Treated unfairly
Comfortable work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Elkins Park, PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Not enough pay or overtime
I appreciate the job but its not challenging neither evolving me or my abilities. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and management. I love the fact that its family based and everybody works as a team.
A very difficult place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2015
Cons: No break area, no time for breaks or meals.
The North side store is a very difficult store to work in. The environment is very hostile. The socioeconomic characteristicis of the area create a very difficult situation.
Decent start towards finding a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Butler, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: social job, good work enviornment, decent pay
Cons: risks on night shift
Sunoco employees are responsible for the store, which means that they are expected to clean floors, coffee pots, toilets, etc. they are also responsible for ensuring that customers find what they need if Sunoco happens to have the item and they receive good service while they are in the store.

Night shifts are quite different, however, as many locations run with a skeleton crew of just one person. you are at risk of getting robbed at these times but there are quite a few security precautions that were taken. Avoiding going into detail about it to make sure that it isn't abused but know that employees are protected.

the hardest part of Night Shift comes near the end. right when your about to get ready to leave will start a morning rush. so now you must ensure that coffee is in abundant supply as you won't be leaving that counter until morning shift arrives.

This is a very social job and even more so on the night shift where customers only have you to talk to. the nights will actually pass pretty quickly and the pay is relatively OK. They usually pay at least 1.00 over minimum wage which is a good start for anyone looking for a decent job whether temp or permanent.
Enojoyable job and customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Litchfield, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons: No breaks if you don't smoke and I don't
During a typical day at work, I run the cash register and deal with customers. We are assigned tasks for the day: stocking coolers, parking lot and trash, and cleaning the kitchen. I have learned how to calmly handle any situation. Many times I have to step back, think about the issue and find a solution in a matter of seconds because the customer is standing directly in front of me. The store manager is present until about 3 pm every day except Sunday, so any difficult problems can be handled by her and then we are on our own during second shift. I will call her if I have an important question – more... that only she can answer but otherwise, problem solving is up to the employees who are working that shift. My co-workers and I perform well together. We always try to help each other when we can, either by giving someone a break at the register or helping with their assigned task for the shift. Whenever I have an issue with a co-worker I discuss it with my manager and she can handle the problem with the other person. I have never had such a major issue that mediation was necessary. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with customers for eight hours straight. Sometimes customers are difficult to deal with when they don't like a procedure that the company follows but I try my absolute best to keep my patience and explain to them that I have to follow the procedure because of store policy or federal law when it concerns alcohol or cigarettes. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. I love working with everyone and enjoy the time I get to spend with them during the day. I also enjoy seeing my regular customers because I have gotten to know them beyond the interaction at the counter. Many customers know me by name and know a bit about myself and I know a bit about them. I like to hear how they are doing and getting updates on their families. – less
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Central City, PAJune 9, 2015
It was a nice job, it just didnt pay enough, and if you worked holidays you didnt get a bonus, no benifits. Need more incentives
slow quiet area
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Canton, MIJune 8, 2015
nice area, quiet area I as remember. I used to walk to work I lived in an apartment about 3 blocks away. Safe surroundings, a lot of apartments near by. Bad part was shortage of workers, worked a lot of OT, I cant really say thats good or bad. Although very impersonal owner.
Great place to learn essential job skills.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, easy going
Cons: Little pay
During my two years, the overall life at Sunoco was above average. The employer and employees were very helpful and very caring. They would teach me different task in the work force but would never hand me the work done. This helped a lot when dealing with customers and learning to manage the store in my later experience.
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Randolph, MAMay 8, 2015
i count my tack , draw and cigarettes. I clean and stock. I make sure the customer get there gas. I change gas prices and sweep the parking lot.
It was all around average.
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), Carmel, NYApril 23, 2015
Being a detailer at Meadowlands of Carmel wasn't the greatest nor the worst job experience. The management seemed fake and very impersonal. Co-workers of mine would get screamed at for something that they had no idea was done. Not a lot of instruction or guidance through the training process either. From my own experience I was just thrown into the lion's den (so to speak) and learn on my own.