Sunoco

Sunoco Employee Reviews

Well organized organization
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJJune 29, 2015
Very flexible hours around school, good management, and good benefits. Although shifts are long, the days usually go by quickly due to the high volume of customers.
Dislike
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Titusville, FLJune 27, 2015
I was never able to get a break.. I didnt like the way that i was treated. I left a good job to take this one where I was Treated unfairly
Comfortable work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Elkins Park, PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Not enough pay or overtime
I appreciate the job but its not challenging neither evolving me or my abilities. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and management. I love the fact that its family based and everybody works as a team.
A very difficult place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2015
Cons: No break area, no time for breaks or meals.
The North side store is a very difficult store to work in. The environment is very hostile. The socioeconomic characteristicis of the area create a very difficult situation.
Decent start towards finding a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Butler, PAJune 15, 2015
Pros: social job, good work enviornment, decent pay
Cons: risks on night shift
Sunoco employees are responsible for the store, which means that they are expected to clean floors, coffee pots, toilets, etc. they are also responsible for ensuring that customers find what they need if Sunoco happens to have the item and they receive good service while they are in the store.

Night shifts are quite different, however, as many locations run with a skeleton crew of just one person. you are at risk of getting robbed at these times but there are quite a few security precautions that were taken. Avoiding going into detail about it to make sure that it isn't abused but know that employees are protected.

the hardest part of Night Shift comes near the end. right when your about to get ready to leave will start a morning rush. so now you must ensure that coffee is in abundant supply as you won't be leaving that counter until morning shift arrives.

This is a very social job and even more so on the night shift where customers only have you to talk to. the nights will actually pass pretty quickly and the pay is relatively OK. They usually pay at least 1.00 over minimum wage which is a good start for anyone looking for a decent job whether temp or permanent.
Enojoyable job and customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Litchfield, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons: No breaks if you don't smoke and I don't
During a typical day at work, I run the cash register and deal with customers. We are assigned tasks for the day: stocking coolers, parking lot and trash, and cleaning the kitchen. I have learned how to calmly handle any situation. Many times I have to step back, think about the issue and find a solution in a matter of seconds because the customer is standing directly in front of me. The store manager is present until about 3 pm every day except Sunday, so any difficult problems can be handled by her and then we are on our own during second shift. I will call her if I have an important question that only she can answer but otherwise, problem solving is up to the employees who are working that shift. My co-workers and I perform well together. We always try to help each other when we can, either by giving someone a break at the register or helping with their assigned task for the shift. Whenever I have an issue with a co-worker I discuss it with my manager and she can handle the problem with the other person. I have never had such a major issue that mediation was necessary. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with customers for eight hours straight. Sometimes customers are difficult to deal with when they don't like a procedure that the company follows but I try my absolute best to keep my patience and explain to them that I have to follow the procedure because of store policy or federal law when it concerns alcohol or cigarettes. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. I love working with everyone and enjoy the time I get to spend with them during the day. I also enjoy seeing my regular customers because I have gotten to know them beyond the interaction at the counter. Many customers know me by name and know a bit about myself and I know a bit about them. I like to hear how they are doing and getting updates on their families.
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Central City, PAJune 9, 2015
It was a nice job, it just didnt pay enough, and if you worked holidays you didnt get a bonus, no benifits. Need more incentives
slow quiet area
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Canton, MIJune 8, 2015
nice area, quiet area I as remember. I used to walk to work I lived in an apartment about 3 blocks away. Safe surroundings, a lot of apartments near by. Bad part was shortage of workers, worked a lot of OT, I cant really say thats good or bad. Although very impersonal owner.
Great place to learn essential job skills.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, easy going
Cons: Little pay
During my two years, the overall life at Sunoco was above average. The employer and employees were very helpful and very caring. They would teach me different task in the work force but would never hand me the work done. This helped a lot when dealing with customers and learning to manage the store in my later experience.
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Randolph, MAMay 8, 2015
i count my tack , draw and cigarettes. I clean and stock. I make sure the customer get there gas. I change gas prices and sweep the parking lot.
It was all around average.
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), Carmel, NYApril 23, 2015
Being a detailer at Meadowlands of Carmel wasn't the greatest nor the worst job experience. The management seemed fake and very impersonal. Co-workers of mine would get screamed at for something that they had no idea was done. Not a lot of instruction or guidance through the training process either. From my own experience I was just thrown into the lion's den (so to speak) and learn on my own.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Daytona, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: discount on meals and fuel perks
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
typical day would be ring customers up. do lotto, turn gas pumps on, and cleanliness of the store.was a good place to work. perfect fit for me.
Place is nice but no benefit and bonuses
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), woodbridge,vaApril 9, 2015
Pros: free car wash
Cons: no benefit and bonus
Manager gas station is not easy job open store 5am some overnight closing a lot of customers issue pumps,car wash,convenient store etc but I like hard and fast work thatswhy I like it .
Easy
Manager In Training (Former Employee), Lords Valley, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: time and a half
Cons: overnight
This job is very simple and provides you with customer service skills, It also keeps you up to sate with health safety guide lines. The manager in amazing and is wlling to work with her staff
Work Environment
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Liberty, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Growth in the company
Cons: none
The work environment is fast paced, high volume of customers, and never a shortage of work to be done. Plenty of room for growth in the company.
A woman's dream
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2015
I loved working at Agaci. The job was fun and very easy. My staff was exceptional and fun to be around everyday. We always had an incredible time.
Fast paced and full of surprises.
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free meals.
Cons: Rotating shifts.
My day started fast and ended the same way. I learned how to be patient and focus on one person at a time with ease. My coworkers kept busy and I followed their example. The hard part was changing shifts because I was in college and it interfered with studies. I enjoyed the diversity of customers.
Enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Bedford, PAMarch 27, 2015
Worked with lots of customers on the PA turnpike. Managers were great to get along with and so were most co-workers. There were occasional irate customers that made the job difficult at times but otherwise fun workplace.
the work place was ok yet could've been better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2015
Going into work getting the store ready for the day . making sure everything was set up for the customers to come in get what they needed in a timely fashion. For the customers to come in and get what they needed and leave feeling they had great service leaving with a smile.
gas sation manager
Manager (Former Employee), Cummings,GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Relates experiences with manufacturing or distribution of this type of product.
• Explains the competitive landscape among all issuers of similar products.
• Discusses types of materials, tools and technologies employed in the manufacture of these products.
• Describes the target markets and how the products are sold and delivered.
• Plays a key role in dealing with special requests and customized products

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunoco

Sunoco has screened its operations, shed nonperforming ones, and buffed the others in hopes that the sun will shine on future – Read more

Sunoco Salaries