Sunoco Employee Reviews

Alright to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 14, 2017
Thia job takes forever for people to make more money they always changing managers out. This company is fun if you have the right people to work with. They give people a chance if you ever been in trouble
I worked at the Sunoco in Winsted, CT.
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CT 06098July 14, 2017
Horrible place to work. Supervisor sells cigarettes from out of state. She sells old expired food. She never hired a plow when it snowed, leaving customer's cars entrapped in the snow. Then she would take money out of my pay without reason. Then replaced me when I asked for her to stop.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
Family dollar is an excellent place to work if you want to work your way up the corporate ladder. The staff and managers are feiendly with the patience to help you learn.
Customer Service Rep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 12, 2017
Excellent Business, very friendly environment that provides excellent service to all customers. Management was great toward their employees, Only con is the salary could've been better
Stressful, Late on fixing problems
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, DEJuly 11, 2017
With being the assistant manager and dealing with issues with pumps and company corporate, they slacked a lot with getting things fixed fast, long delay on items needed to be fixed. Then the sunoco maintenance people they hired wouldn't be friendly and willing to get the problem fixed before saying they need to wait on a part.
Sohas leather
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 6, 2017
Management was terrible. They did a lot of false advertising. We didn't meet quotas for the day due to over pricing. The store itself closed down due to bad business
Good
Shift Leader Fuel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, NJJuly 6, 2017
The job was good. I really liked it. The management was informative and very responsive to assist when needed. It was a great place to work at the time.
Ok place to work not very hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 5, 2017
I worked overnights at first for only 2 months then moved up to assistant manager very quickly I had a very small store in the middle of nowhere Lancaster so it wasnt very hard for me to advance overall good company.
I have been a member of the Sunoco Family for 20 years.
Specialist, Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 5, 2017
I have spent the last 20 years working for Sunoco, Inc. I have had many great opportunities and worked with many amazing people. The work was always challenging and rewarding.
great until new management took over
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJune 29, 2017
great advancement opportunity and area managers but the company and its morals changed after the company was purchased. managers were reprimanded for thing out of the managers control and expected to work well beyond the 40 hour salary that was provided on a frequent basis.

Want to know more about Sunoco?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 26, 2017
A day at Sunoco was very busy, it helps teach you patience and organization. The manager cares about your concerns and makes you feel like family. The hardest part was never having enough time to do everything you wanted to. The days did go quickly which was nice.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No breaks or benefits
Temporary filler job
Opeartor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2017
This was a temporary filler job while looking for engineering work after moving to Oklahoma. They never gave me the opportunity to do engineering work, so I resigned when I got a new engineering job.
Pros
In town
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJJune 23, 2017
Everyone wants to be the boss, but no one wants to do the work. Always cutting hours, lousy pay.......................................................
goods and bads
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
it was a great company. I loved my manager before she left. everyone was very nice. the hardest part was preventing people from stealing when your stationed behind the counter
Has all your needs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 22, 2017
Great atmosphere friendly service reasonable gas prices clean store cheap beer lottery moves fast and the employee's are cool the cheapest coffee in town nice
great work place with poor management
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time but management kept me from staying. the overall experience taught me a lot about where i wanted to go professionally. in the end I learned that hard work pays of always.
Pros
free soda
Cons
no coverage
Productive work environment with great management
Alternative Fuels Project Manager Co-op (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 20, 2017
Variety of day to day work involving project management to program review. Worked on a variety of alternative fuels projects determining profits, problem solving, and overseeing construction of a CNG fuel site.
wasnt that great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23602June 15, 2017
It's a low paying job, do not expect any advancement. They will try to work you as much as you can if they do not have the staff. overall not worth it
Great for some extra pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chester Springs, PAJune 14, 2017
I really liked this job. The pay wasn't great, but it would make for a great second job or part time job for high school / college students. Raises were pretty timely and frequent.
Pros
Great management, easy work environment
Cons
No breaks, low hourly pay
Fun workplace with diversity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed being a cashier at Sunoco it was a small and friendly circle of employees that we worked with, unfortunately i had to resign from working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunoco. Our community is ready to answer.