Sunoco

Sunoco Employer Reviews

Very busy, fast-paced
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: employees and management are easy to get along with
Cons: health insurance doesn't cover much
Good place to work. Busy, fast-paced, decent pay. Health insurance doesn't cover much though. Management and co-workers are easy to get along with.
Fast paced work environment
Senior Shift Leader (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee and fountain soda
Cons: not the best healthcare, no scheduled breaks.
Sunoco is okay to work for, you get time and a half for holidays. It is fast paced during the summer and usually slows down in the winter.
fun place to work learned so much from there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Kensington, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great place to work awesome manager
Cons: took away all incentives for employees
I was taught basically everything i needed to know on how to run the store. My manager taught me ordering, scheduling,interviewing and how to read people. She showed me how to do all the computer work payroll ect.
we had a great crew that lasted as long as i was there.
We all had fun and enjoyed our jobs.
I loved every part of my job there.
Hardest – more... part of my job was saying goodbye to the manager when she got promoted. – less
fun and stress free job
Cashier (Former Employee), Wallkill, NYSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: fun, good customers, and nice manager
Cons: low pay rate, unlivable
This was a good job but not the best pay. I worked with a friend but the pay rate was not livable.
Fun Work Place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Bridgeville, PaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: meet new people, develop customer relationships.
Cons: not enough hours.
Loved meeting people everyday, working at my own pace, doing things on my time.
A mess with no cleanup in site..
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJAugust 10, 2014
Pros: not much...
Cons: too many...
Sunoco is one of those "just passing through" type of jobs. Unless you're looking for a place to make a little money, this really isn't the place for you. The management was too overly "social" past the point of business. Nice enough, she really didn't seem all that interested in doing her job, or helping those around her be better at doing theirs. – more... The culture was filled with a lot of unnecessary drama that often spilled over into the job. The hiring process is a complete mess too. They seem to just hire anyone to do the job, usually resulting in a fairly high turnover rate, often leaving others to have to pick up their work as well. – less
No room for growth
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2014
A typical night at work for me was pretty busy. I would stock soft drinks in the refrigerator, make coffee, stock the tobacco products, sweep and mop as well as put out the newspapers. I honestly didn't experience working with other employers because I worked the third shift alone.
I feel that management was unfair. There was absolutely no room for – more... growth. There was never any over time offered. If a person needed off for an appointment they were penalized.
I think that the hardest part of the job was management. – less
Decent Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAJuly 29, 2014
While at Sunoco I've learned how the point of sale system works and also learned more ways to manage unhappy customers. My manager was great and understanding with my schedule due to being in college. My co-workers were fantastic and easy going. They were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance stress of unhappy customers – more... and trying to find time to see family. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a fast paced atmosphere. – less
Loved working with different ethnics, Loved the teamwork
Safety Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 401 k plan
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work will consist of cleaning store, srocking cooler and cashing customers out in a professional, friendly mannner.
I have learned the correct proper safety rules when checking gas odometer for store.
The mangement was great when scheduling our schedules and the days we were to request off.
The hardest part of the job was being on a – more... shift by myself and getting a truck order, that I would havae to complete by myself with little time and no help.
The most enjoyable part is dealing with difernt people. – less
Productive work environment, but managent shows favoritism
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJJuly 18, 2014
A typical work day includes speaking to customers and helping them out.

I learned how to handle situation in which people are upset or angry.

Management showed favoritism towards certain employees.

The job is not difficult at all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with others.
This is a fast paced place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 3, 2014
People come and go here but as long as your willing to learn then you have a chance. I worked three different times for this company.
Wow
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Absecon, NJJune 26, 2014
Great place ! Loved it there even my kids help me work and never had a problem on the job !
suck
Cashier (Former Employee), morristown njJune 25, 2014
Pros: free coffe
Cons: no break
The pay was horrible for the amount of work they demand from you. I received no break or, the yearly raise I was supposed to get. The company treat employees like slaves. Management are incompetent to say the least.
Typical Convenience Store Job
STORE CLERK (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: clueless owners
My immediate supervisor was a wonderful woman to work for. But the general manager above her was clueless. The store has since been bought by another company and I do not know what it is like to work for them.
Great atmosphere.
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Mason, OhioJune 14, 2014
Pros: everything about it.
Cons: there weren't any.
My manager and customers were wonderful. I stayed very busy and enjoyed my coworkers personalities. I made great friendships that have continued. We worked as a team and thrived on being productive. I helped take care of all aspects of retail customer service and stocking.
It was a job
Employee (Current Employee), Ponce de Leon, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: not much to do in a day.
Cons: no breaks
Most of my days were pretty boring. I was there for 8 hours, and not even 200 customers will come in. I usually get done with all of my shift work at about 5 p.m. unless I had to do something the specify later. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job were the people I meant. Some were nice, others were rude.
Good pay. Easy work.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2014
Pros: easy workload
I was a shift supervisor. My job was to work the register along with train new employees and restock the store.
Very fun and productive experience lots of employee incentives
Sales contest winner (Current Employee), mantua ohioMay 20, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: work scheadule
i learned alot of helpful security protocols i enjoyed the regular customers and the commute management was fair very laid back
loved my coworkers
Customer Service Representative/Safety Lead (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2014
Cons: short/ no breaks
chance for advancement.the hardest part was guests that were impaired
loved my coworkers
Cons: short/ no breaks
chance for advancement.the hardest part was guests that were impaired

1 2 3 4 5

About Sunoco

Sunoco has screened its operations, shed nonperforming ones, and buffed the others in hopes that the sun will shine on future – Read more