Sunoco Employee Reviews in United States

Diesel, Gas, and Convenient Store.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Springfield, OHAugust 26, 2016
Worked midnight. Made coffee, made breakfast sandwiches. Cleaned oatmeal machine. Cleaned hot dog grill. Sold cold food and grocery store products. Register clerk for gas and diesel.
Pros
Insurance was good at the time.
Cons
No Free Lunch. No sitting down.
Horrible place to work
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 25, 2016
In the time that I have worked for this company, I have been harassed, cussed out by coworkers, blamed for things others were doing, humiliated by other staff and management, and have worked in the worst conditions that you can imagine. Heat this summer was so bad and the thermostat is located in a different state in some office, vermin infested, other employees getting away with murder and the only thing I ever got from management was an apathetic attitude and threats to fire me. Its a terrible place to work, and if you have other options, take those. If I could rate at a zero, I would.
Pros
Regular customers were awesome
Cons
Hostile work environment, harassment by coworkers and management, culture of blame and abuse
Productive and a fun place to work
Warehouse Manager & Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Responsible for maintaining crew and inventory, order selector, ship & receive, scanners, load & unload, maintain cost of inventory, open and close warehouse, delivery of certain material to reach the field. My coworkers were the best and the hardest day of hte job was figuring out what to eat for lunch. The most part i enjoyed about this compnay was that i was able to move around to differ departments so i could of been more help to others and the warehouse.
Pros
coworkers brought me lunch
Cons
not enough techs in the field
productive and busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 16, 2016
Sunoco as a whole was a great place to work meeting new people and having to deal with people everyday was great. Some of the employers where wonderful and it was great to work with them. Management was a little hard to work with. When you had a complaint it took awhile for them to push forward with the issue. Its not right when you put in so much effort in something and train other employers so you can move forward but realize you where getting the run around. But like I said Sunoco as a whole was a great place to work.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
not very organized
quick paced and full of character to keep a smile on your face
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 12, 2016
long hours with plenty to keep you busy
everyone is expected to be multi-tasking
having a positive attitude is mandatory otherwise stay home
expect to be left to work doubles without notice without overtime
again never received overtime just a thank you and a smile
management is questionable i was made temporary manager then was told i was not and was forced to take a pay cut or quit.
owner does not answer the phone or answer email
Pros
good money fast paced
Cons
no schedule no overtime
Easy going
Cahier/Lottery/Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHJuly 31, 2016
I was basically the manager of this place. I didn't really mind working here. I just didn't like the pay I was given for the amount a responsibility I had.
fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2016
Having to deal with rude customers and still keep a smiling face, it was hard but this job taught me how to deal with it .
It was a fun work experience
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 21, 2016
You walk in turn on the ovens then you start to prep food and make breakfast sandwiches for customers. What I learned is don't go to a job slacking you gotta go in a work your all at all times. My co workers were great, but the hardest part was prepping the food. The most enjoyable part about the job was being able to connect with customers and build a understanding of each other with them
Pros
Learning how to make a great sandwiches
Cons
Hours get messed up
productive
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2016
very productive company to work for, they have great benefits, and best insurance when I was working with them, not sure now. Great
Human resources department. always provide food and beverages to the employees
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 15, 2016
I had fun working there but I had to leave because I moved out here to mehoopany. And I couldn't afford to drive all the way down there and they also tour it down so there is no more Sunoco.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks but whenever i wanted one i went
a typical day at work
Human Reource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 12, 2016
It was a fast paced, deadline driven job, I liked the fact that I stayed busy, I first processed unemployment claims, did background checks and drug clearances, then I would do job verification letters and employment verifications. during the course of the day I would handle employee relation issues and requests
Pros
Good overall pay and benefits
Cons
High volume
Friendly Co-workers
Cashier/Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 6, 2016
I've grown up working here, as my co-workers have been like a second family since i was 16. I have enjoyed my time, and the regular customers.
Implementing to many changes at the same time
Account Payable & Reconcilment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 6, 2016
There is no organization and managements lacks leadership and compromise with the organization and the employees.
Training is not provided and the support center is relocating to Dallas.
Ok
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
This is a good company to work for if you enjoy working in the retail industry. There is room for movement and advancement.
Director (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PA 19073July 5, 2016
Good compensation, plenty of opportunities to contribute to corporate objectives. Many great people working at the company, and in Pennsylvania.
good
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 4, 2016
Proven engineering ability in the electric utility, power generation, and oil and gas industry, as power engineer, technical leader, trouble shooter and project manager as required. Project responsibility details have included Project Management, Conceptual development, material specifications, design, and procurement, selection of contractors, site inspection and startup
management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 4, 2016
typical work day is come in clean and restock the floor and the cooler handle customers and serve the people have to check out of date products
Pros
the atmosphere is great to work in
Cons
management could of been better b
Manageable work environment with great employee relationships
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Olney, MDJune 10, 2016
Although it was a gas station, Sunoco has very personable employees that make each 8 hour go by quicker. Also, the training and support from my superiors made my job very easy to understand and helped improve my proficiency in store maintenance and operation.
Pros
free drinks, great employees, great boss
No breaks what-so-ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 10, 2016
They wouldn't let me take a lunch break or anything. They were so fast paced that if I tried to relax for 5 minutes they would tell me I'm slacking. I honestly would not go back there at all!
Great Company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 10, 2016
I transitioned from a job as a server to Sunoco. I helped the company launch the east coast version of the convenience store food chain Laredo Taco Company. I loved working with the company to modify and advance the concept. The only downside was the hours. I worked roughly 80-85 hours a week. Another downside, I had just moved into a new residence a good distance away from the store.

Overall it was a good company to be employed under.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Hours