Sunrise Credit Services Employee Reviews

professional, Impressive , Diligent
customer Service , Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because their was always room to progress and overcome any hardships .Each time you progressed we were rewarded greatly and were given praise by the higher ups.
Pros
re
Not worth it
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 27, 2016
Everything seems good during training, but once you start working in the call center its a whole different story. This is A shady company that does not see you as an employee only a dollar sign. They praise you greatly if you meet their outrageous quota. But if you miss it even by a few hundred dollars management will frown upon you deeply and basically not speak to you.
Management treats everyone like they are in high school. The call center reminds me of a zoo during break times. Literally everyone running for the one door exit. You get two EIGHT mintue breaks and a lunch break.
A typical day at work consisted of being yelled at and hung up on by rude customers. Alot of times the automatic dialer would call customers more than once a day which made the customers even more upset.

Also they want you to work for them for at least FIVE years before getting any kind of promotion!

Pay not worth the headache this place gives.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
poor management, no room for growth
Great place to work....I hit Jack-pot
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I'm employed in this company for over a year. It has been a positive experience. Everyone here is pleasant. A family "like" atmosphere. I'm treated fairly. There is a lot I have learned about My Personal Credit alone. Laws I didn't know were out there for my protection as a consumer. I can't think of any part that hard, I've been given 4 weeks paid training.....enjoyable part is the people/co-workers!
Pros
company picnis
Great Workplace
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 2, 2015
I only had the opportunity to work at Sunrise Credit Services for nine months before leaving New York. But those nine months were great.

This company, this management is great. THEY WANT you to succeed and flourish. THEY WANT a good atmosphere. Sunrise Credit Services was founded more than 40 years ago. Many of the founding family's second and third generations are there. Many people have worked there for years, meeting spouses and forming lifetime friendships.

No job is perfect. This can be a hectic workplace, Employees are expected to make individual and team goals. Every job has its bad apples. But for the most part, if you work hard at Sunrise Credit Services, you will be treated with respect and given ample opportunity for advancement.

I wish I had known about this company years ago. Perhaps I would have gone-and STAYED-there a lot sooner.

Respectfully,

Robert "Bobby" Taute
Raleigh, NC
High pressure, good paying job.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 18, 2012
My day was spent as a debt collector on the phone for 8 hours a day. I spoke to people from many walks of life in order to help them clear their debts and avoid the credit bureaus. I learned that I never want a collection call in my life. My co-workers were nice people and they helped keep me sane during each work day. My management wasn't very encouraging and didn't really see their employees as people, more like dollar signs. The hardest part of the job was trying to make oyur monthly quota, when this country is in a recession. Sometimes people just don't have the money. The most enjoyable part was my monthly commission check.
Pros
good salary, consistent hours
Cons
not something i see a career in, difficult managment
Productive Work place
team leader (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 23, 2015
It is a fast pace collection agency, that is high in production and team work. They are about their employees and tryin to get you to grow with the company.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop
Pros
Team/family company
Cons
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, team oriented base setting.
Assistant Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 1, 2015
Being employeed at Sunrise was a great start and experience in the collections field. They offered classes to advance your knowledge in the collection field. I enjoyed my fellow colleagues and manger staff. It was a friendly team oriented base setting in a fast pace enviroment. Having the ability to work closely with higher management, clients, and the ability to train and audit employees under me was a wonderful experience. The hardest part of being employeed there was not having any personal time of my own as a result to wanting to exceeding company goals and expectations. Yet, the most enjoyable part of working with the company was the free end of month dinner and the accentives that came along with collecting on delinquent and past due accounts.
Pros
Free lunch and accentives
Cons
No stability
Great Company to work for
Collections coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 2, 2013
Fantastic work environment,employees and management were high energy and praised each other frequently.
Pros
work environment and fellow employees
Cons
debt collections is a tough job, budgets were hard to meet.
you get what you put in
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 10, 2014
Sunrise is a family run business its a great place to work. The company really puts in the effort to train you to succeed. You can do every well as long as you stay focused on your job.
Pros
advancement
Cons
office politics
Ok place to work... Not for adults
Team leader (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 3, 2014
Great job but the management is horrible and they treat you like children. Good job to get experience fresh out of high school. Definitely not a career choice
Pros
highly motivated call center
Cons
no job security
Sunrise Credit Services was just a job to hold onto untill i got married
Collection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 9, 2012
A typical day consisted of being on the phone all day and trying to close out outstanding accounts(Major Credit Cards and Home Equity Lines of Credit. It was a very poorly run company due to management not supervising many people. I didnt really talk to very many people other then the ones on my team. The Hardest part of my day was going into work and watching people yell/scream at one another and sometimes their were physical altercations. The most enjoyable part of my day was coming home to my wife and son.
Productive place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 22, 2015
There was a lot of group help. dealing with the customers, we get to work as a team to get the goal done. Every one was very friendly and helpful.
Pros
productive place
Cons
rude customers
Call clients from a auto computerized dailer.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 20, 2013
Very boring job for me.
A typical day there was the same everyday, call people to convince them to pay their bills.

I learned a lot of negotiating skills.
Management was shaky during the time I was there.
The hardest part of the job was staying awake at times
For me, there was no enjoyable part.
productive work environment not much space to move up
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 1, 2012
typical day at work is dealing with multiple clients hourly over the phone and being as productive as you possiibly can in the 8 hours you are there. within those 8 hours i am responsible for taking prior outstanding debts and resolving them on belalf of the client i am working for in this case currently it is for Bank Of America. the the job is fairly enjoyable and stressful at the same time i would say the hardest part of the job is when you are behind on your monthly budget and dont have much more time in the month to achieve it
Pros
paid lunch hour
Cons
not much company growth low pay
Great place to work and learn new things.
Full Time Customer Service Agent/Collections (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 19, 2013
A typical day consisted of getting to your desk on time and signing in to all applications. I would usually get there early enough where I can greet my co-workers and supervisors. I've learned how to respect customers and exceed/match their needs. Managment was always helpful and ready to answer any questions. The hardest part of the job are the hours provided. You tend to get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunities to grow within the company itself.
Pros
opportunities for growth.
Cons
short breaks, opportunities for growth are not always mentioned.
Its a great place for young ambitious people
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 6, 2012
Its amazing place to work. The Boss!!!!!!,, is probably not even human!!!! He is the greatest boss you can ever imagine no joke!!!!
overall if you can fit the location around your time and schedule this is a great life oppertunity!
Pros
great atmosphere to be around alright pay
Cons
not many
Family Environment - they care about their employees
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale New YorkJanuary 25, 2013
I worked there for many years. The company cares for the employees as if they were part of a family. The work was challenging. Calling customers to get them to pay off their delinquent bill. Awesome training program!
Pros
amazing college class style training
Cons
no overtime
Fast paced environment with growing potential.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 10, 2012
Sunrise Credit Services allowed me to gain some collections experience. I'm looking to advance those skills in a professional atmosphere, with a focus in customer service.
Pros
commissions
Cons
professionalism
Interesting place to work and many enjoyable staff
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Enjoyed my time there, interesting work and learned quite a bit of information in how the collections processes work.
collecting in cable then went to being a cell phone agent
Customer service and collections (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 27, 2013
workwd in collections in cable then went to being a cell phone agent tranfering calls to the collectors in bank of america

Sunrise Credit Services Reviews by Location