Sunrise Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Interesting
Tutor Time (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 13, 2017
I didn't really work here for very long, though for the month and a half I spent inside the walls of this company I did receive multiple raises. As well as daily competitions this place was full of motivation.
Great training, and work life balance
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 5, 2017
This an old school company that has a top down management philosophy. They do invest in training their people and provide excellent job security. If you produce you can be very sucessful
Pros
Training and job security
Cons
Compensation and benefits
5 Star Family Company
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 31, 2017
Insightful (and patient) coworkers. Management goes out of their way to help you succeed. They are such great mentors. I know they’re looking out for me, while I was at Sunrise, and beyond.

As for the job, I got lots of experience solving business problems with programming. The skills I acquired while interning here were integral in securing my dream job – a full time position as a programmer.

Plus, if that’s not enough for you, there’s lots of free coffee. Programmer approved.
Fast paced work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  SpectrumMay 31, 2017
It was fun working at Nettel everyone was great and the pay as well. the only down side of working there is that the customers on the phone can be a bit stressful but just like any other job you will get through the day fine as long as you do not let it get to you.
Awful
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2017
The worst company ever, they will fire you in a second. They hire 15 year olds to collect on your debt and handle your money over the phone. Do not work here.
Productive and Room for Advancement
Jr. Programmer (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 19, 2017
My time at the Sunrise Credit Services was relatively short lived but I would like to say a few promising things about this place.

All of my daily tasks were more than fair and I enjoyed doing the work that was expected of me. Had I continued to work there, I'm sure I would already have been considered to be moved up in the company.

Management was always very positive and understanding to any situation at hand as long as you thoroughly kept them in the loop and explained your actions. So they get a lot of kudos from me there.

The workplace culture was very friendly. Everyone knew each other and always greeted you when you walked in the room. That always helps general morale of the company.

The hardest part of the job was meeting certain deadlines and keeping clients happy. All of which was taken care of when Employees and Management meet in the middle and work together on problems. Which I was glad to be a part of.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning stuff about how the company works and the ins and outs of whats going on. It really did help to set me up for success moving to my new job. So I thank SCS for that.

Overall, it was an awesome job to work for. I do think there is a certain mindset you have to have going in, but if you have that and better work ethics, you'll do wonderful. Not just here, but anywhere.
Pros
Friendy Enviorment, Room to Grow, Valuable Learning Experience, Insurance
Cons
Area getting smaller as the company grows, Can be Stressful
great environment to better one's skills
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 15, 2017
NetTel USA. provides opportunities to enhance customer service skills while also being able to work on communication skills. the environment is a comfortable place which allows the employees to really be able to focus on their work. Management does their best to keep the morale high in the office.
Employers are appreciative of our had work.
Customer Service Rep/Collector (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 10, 2017
The work ethic is a team oriented monthly goal, it is not based on an individual's performance. The hardest part is not having your own individual queue. I prefer to work off my own spreadsheet to show my individual performance which boosts my own self-esteem to strive harder in the future.
Good if you like a receding hairline.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 9, 2017
My last review was deleted, so I'm going to keep this one short. Use Sunrise Credit Services as a temporary job! The stress and mental abuse from deters and the pressure to keep getting money is not worth it!

My "promotion" to IT department was also BS. Same hourly pay, less incentive pay and MUCH more work and stress. I've NEVER got up and quit any job except SCS. The stress isn't worth it.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Mental stress isn't worth the pay.
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 3, 2017
I gain better confidence and patients dealing with customer on a daily basis. I've learned that you must always put yourself in other shoes to get a better feeling up what they going through. Being that I was able to move up to team lead it required to be firm and intentive. I truley feel that it was just a job to gain experience and not to move up being that they already have their major positions filled. Working for less money when you know your past a certain phase already.
I really enjoy the people I work with we like family.
Pros
Very flexiable
Cons
Don't allow over time
Horrible
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 30, 2017
Takes advantage of his employees. Overworks and underpays them and they stay because they either have records or no citizenship. He does not pay overtime hours.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
it is a great first job for anyone looking.The supervisors are great and very helpful. It's a great customer service job. It's great flexibility, and willing to work with you
Pros
Great
dead end job
COLLECTIONS ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 11, 2017
people that usually work here rarely leave and work for another company, you sorta get stuck. Stay away from this place if you don't want to fall in a ditch
Productive work enviornment
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Great environment with a constructive and productive atmosphere. Debt collectors receive rewards for reaching goals as a team, and management is great.
Productive and very family orientated
Collection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 8, 2017
A great place to work and is very flexible when it comes to adjusting your schedule. Family orientated and is always hiring. Great place to work while still attending college.
Hard workers, motivation, skils, voice
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 8, 2017
How you sound on the phone determines if you are going to get paid or not, working as a supervisor has a lot of responsibilities. Very fun to help others and train them to become what I am one day.
Pros
A hour break, gave prizes, benefits, vacations, sick and personal days
Cons
So many teenagers work for nettel and there is lots of attitude.
Motivation to make you go harder, liability to see if your a fit for the job, management a little hard.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Sunrise credit services is a family owned business, They are well up beat, They give you Lee way and work with you if you have personal issues, it's a place you can grow if you push your self to do what you have to. If you have to switch your schedule for a personal reason they will let you. You can make up hours you missed if you need to. For the most part they strive to make you comfortably and motivated. Liability is a major part of the job and it determines your position at the job.
Pros
Free dinnet every end of month, Get commision checks every month, prizes to win, excellent breaks, health care, 401k, dental and life insurance, flexable hours
Cons
Some managers take there job tite over board, coffee nasty, people steal your lunch, Employees make the bathroom nasty, its hard to get a raise.
Great place to work....I hit Jack-pot
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I'm employed in this company for over a year. It has been a positive experience. Everyone here is pleasant. A family "like" atmosphere. I'm treated fairly. There is a lot I have learned about My Personal Credit alone. Laws I didn't know were out there for my protection as a consumer. I can't think of any part that hard, I've been given 4 weeks paid training.....enjoyable part is the people/co-workers!
Pros
company picnis
Good place for a 1st job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 15, 2016
We were in charge of everything from cleaning, cash register, censoring clothes, placing merchandise on floor. Management was great. The hardest part was having to work every department.
Fun workplace
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 2, 2016
Managers are awesome and willing to help with anything you need. This job provides room to grow. They acknowledge your performance and achievements. Great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Family of Companies Reviews by Location