Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
Everyone was very determined, punctual and responsible at Sunrise Hospital. I learned that you have to be as optimistic and as open minded as possible because you are at an hospital and there are no limits to the kind of people you will make contact with.
Pros
Free Lunches!
Cons
Rude Nurses
productive
Registered Nurse-Rehab (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Nice place to work. everyone works as a team. I have learned critical care in the ER. friendly staff and managers. Good place to work
Sunrise Trauma Anesthesia
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2015
Great experience. High acuity patients. Fast pace.

New CRNA program - still under construction, working on expansion
managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 11, 2015
Maintains good working relationship with coworkers. Often offer workable solutions to problems. Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
playiing soft ball with staff at park old school
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2015
every day same big scheduled cases same routine laporoscopic anterior spinal fusion with posterior fusions we will do 3 a day and i will go home by 4 pm some times later back in 1995 loved to watch surgeons all around the world trying to figure it out on how many he could do in one day and in some cases they would go home same day and still have letter of recommendations i always had same staff or someone equil when leave of absence or vacation what you see in las vegas stays in las vegas but went back home because i missed my real family and friends and never dated when i was there
Pros
reps
Cons
staff
Former employee
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatSeptember 9, 2015
If you truly care about your career, you will think twice about this hospital. Money isn't everything. Co workers are wonderful, management sucks on every level. Laziest charge RNS I have ever worked with. Your pt assignment is base min 7 and I have had as many as 10 throughout a 12 hr shift. This Corp is difficult to work for and have unrealistic expectations for staff. Directors are evil and throw you under the bus to save themselves. Cliques exist in management. Not one of them care about pt safety or the nurses taking care of the pts...it is all about the almighty dollar here. The charting system is ancient and the food is also terrible. If it was such a great place to work, why would agency and travelers be there...because it is awful.
Pros
Co workers are exceptional
Cons
The entire experience
Was a Unit Clerk on the Cardiac Wing
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2015
Was responsible for 35 patients on our floor. Worked 12 hour shifts on the cardiac wing. Assisted Nurses and took off Doctors orders on the patient's charts and expedited them. Had a great Charge Nurse. My co-workers were the Nurses I worked with. What a great team of guys and gals. Hardest part only at times is when a patient was coding....I loved working with all the Nurses and Doctors!!!!
Pros
All the knowledged I learned for patient care
Cons
short breaks at times.
SAFE COMFORTABLE PLACE TO WORK
MEDICAL GAS PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2015
I AM CONTENT WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. I FEEL MY WORK IS APPRECIATED. MY MANAGEMENT TEAM NOTICES WHEN A JOB WELL DONE AND WILL COMMENT ON THIS FACT. MY CO-WORKERS ENJOY THEIR JOB WHICH MAKES FOR A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT. I FEEL THERE IS ROOM FOR MORE ADVANCEMENT FOR ME IN THIS COMPANY. I ENJOY ALL ASPECTS OF THIS JOB. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS THAT I AM NOT A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE. I WORK PER DIEM FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
GOOD PAY, SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, MANAGERS TRUST ME TO DO MY JOB WELL
Cons
WORKING PER DIEM
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2015
It is a great experience working with Sunrise. The staff is easy to get along with. The compensation is competitive. I like working at Sunrise.
Horrible environment
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJune 21, 2015
My immediate coworkers were quite pleasant but the staff in the hospital in general seem unhappy and even hostile. My best recommendation would be to keep looking.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Over worked and under staffed
A busy and stressful environment to work in.
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. However, staffing was a big problem there and that made the environment stressful.
Alot of nice and friendly people to work with
Utilization Review Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2015
A very busy hospital with a lot of diversity. One must be able to adapt very quickly to various situations and patients. As a UR CM I cover various departments, usually Pediatrics, PICU, Maternity and Labor/Delivery, along with Point of Entry in the Emergency Room.
Pros
A Case Manager Director who listens and acts on suggestions.
Cons
The sheer number of reviews required to be completed in an 8-hour day.
Vast facility that strives for patient care and excellence
Performance Improvement/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
I've started as a patient sitter, and started moving up in my work, however my lack of a BSN, RN makes that difficult for me to move further. I like the environment and I love patient interaction, and the hospital is the best place for it. However, when you're in a position that lacks a healthy communication with various other people, and the work becomes stagnant, you try to look for more opportunities.
Pros
Great and friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement if you are not a certain type of employee
A good paying job with good benefits.
IRF PAI Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2015
I am fortunate to work with this particular Team. My co-workers are very skilled and focused on their patient goals. My managers are open to new ideas to improve work flow. I process a 42 patient census and information gathering can be a challenge. I strive for accuracy. I enjoy working in an environment where patients are in recovery and working toward an improved level of functional independence.
Pros
a good facility with a good reputation and good outcomes.
Cons
don't always agree with treatment options.
A very nice hospital, the staff is extremely professional.
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
Surgery was machine while I was there in the beginning averaging over a hundred cases a day. There was a change in the management and the amount of cases dropped to below forty, changes caused the staff to be let go.
Pros
a very nice hospital, the staff is extremely professional.
Cons
management is not friendly to the staff.
A great place to work
Maid and Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2015
The management work to make the atmosphere pleasant for employees, the workers were easy to communicate with as well as the supervisors. I can't think of any part of the job that would be considered hard.
Excellent culture to be associated with!
Medical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Sunrise Hospital is the largest HCA facility. I work with terrific people who care about the facility and back it 100%. My co-workers are terrific, help each other out on projects. The most challenging part of my position is not have enough time in a day to do everything that needs to be completed.
Pros
excellent culture and facility!
Cons
not enough fte within the department to provide excellent customer service in a timely manner!
Great hospital, Great staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
There is not much bad I can say about them.
The pay is very low compared to others in the area.
Pros
good staff
Cons
bad pay
Fast Pace! Very Professional..
E R Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2014
A Typical day at work was very exciting! You never know who or what's going to come through the ER Doors. There were days when you walk in and the action is taken place as you're clocking in. Wash up and jump in when and where needed.

I learned how to be more confident in myself how to talk to family members in the worse situations in the event of a family member or passing of a friend..

My co-workers were fantastic! We supported each other. If there was a co-worker that needed help we were right there. Working in the
Peds ER could become very hectic and there were more patients coming in more than one registration clerk could handle.. As soon as he/she was free you could depend on backup.

The hardest part of my job was seeing abused children or adults. Having to try and talk to a love ones after a tragic accident or dealth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making others smile! Be a patient or co-worker. If the day has been long and tough. Making someone smile and realize that it will be over soon or make a child stop crying because they are afraid of needles. Made my day when the shift was over and everyone leaves happy!
Pros
celebrating a good day!
Cons
short breaks and short lunches.
Great group of therapists to work with and learn from
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
I traveled between Acute care setting, where I was usually in the Neuro ICU and the Rehab Unit.
In the Rehab Unit, the schedule was structured and this made it easy to meet productivity and address a variety of treatments in one day. Here there were patient care conferences scheduled that included all healthcare professionals working with that specific patient.
In the Acute setting, I would get a set of cards with patient information. Sometimes 6 cards and sometimes 15 cards. It was my job to prioritize my caseload and attempt to provide the best quality of care to as many of those people as possible. The possibility of the patient having to have a procedure, test or see a therapy or healthcare provider dealing with more medical/serious issues occurred frequently, making it difficult to meet productivity and get to all of the patients.
Management did the best they could with what they had. It was frustrating when they didn't understand the reasoning for decreased productivity in Acute vs Rehab, since the settings organization and structure were completely different.
The hardest part of the job was not having a consistent caseload in Rehab, because I was a float person there and not having enough O.T. staff to get to all of the Acute patients in one day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a patient who was on the vent in Neuro ICU leaving home from Rehab. That was definitely the best part of being in both places. I also loved the other therapists that I worked with. We worked well and communicate well with each other.
Pros
great per diem salary
Cons
limited o.t. staff in acute to cover the caseload.