Sunrise Hospital

Sunrise Hospital Employer Reviews

Great hospital, Great staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good staff
Cons: bad pay
There is not much bad I can say about them.
The pay is very low compared to others in the area.
Fast Pace! Very Professional..
E R Registration Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2014
Pros: celebrating a good day!
Cons: short breaks and short lunches.
A Typical day at work was very exciting! You never know who or what's going to come through the ER Doors. There were days when you walk in and the action is taken place as you're clocking in. Wash up and jump in when and where needed.

I learned how to be more confident in myself how to talk to family members in the worse situations in the event of a family member or passing of a friend..

My co-workers were fantastic! We supported each other. If there was a co-worker that needed help we were right there. Working in the
Peds ER could become very hectic and there were more patients coming in more than one registration clerk could handle.. As soon as he/she was free you could depend on backup.

The hardest part of my job was seeing abused children or adults. Having to try and talk to a love ones after a tragic accident or dealth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making others smile! Be a patient or co-worker. If the day has been long and tough. Making someone smile and realize that it will be over soon or make a child stop crying because they are afraid of needles. Made my day when the shift was over and everyone leaves happy!
Great group of therapists to work with and learn from
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great per diem salary
Cons: limited o.t. staff in acute to cover the caseload.
I traveled between Acute care setting, where I was usually in the Neuro ICU and the Rehab Unit.
In the Rehab Unit, the schedule was structured and this made it easy to meet productivity and address a variety of treatments in one day. Here there were patient care conferences scheduled that included all healthcare professionals working with that specific patient.
In the Acute setting, I would get a set of cards with patient information. Sometimes 6 cards and sometimes 15 cards. It was my job to prioritize my caseload and attempt to provide the best quality of care to as many of those people as possible. The possibility of the patient having to have a procedure, test or see a therapy or healthcare provider dealing with more medical/serious issues occurred frequently, making it difficult to meet productivity and get to all of the patients.
Management did the best they could with what they had. It was frustrating when they didn't understand the reasoning for decreased productivity in Acute vs Rehab, since the settings organization and structure were completely different.
The hardest part of the job was not having a consistent caseload in Rehab, because I was a float person there and not having enough O.T. staff to get to all of the Acute patients in one day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a patient who was on the vent in Neuro ICU leaving home from Rehab. That was definitely the best part of being in both places. I also loved the other therapists that I worked with. We worked well and communicate well with each other.
Working in Nye County
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
Pros: knowing that you can make a difference to a child
Cons: after having my last child i could not be there as much
Working with children of all ages and needs is something that was everyone should try at least once in there life. Nye County School District gave me the opportunity to teach children and bring smiles to their faces. Yes, there were challenges with a few kids,but if you take the time to listen and learn each student the student will make a difference in your life.
Working in the Rehab Dept
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2014
Pros: getting to know the doctors, nurses and rehab techs
Cons: saying goodbye tot he patients when they left the unit
My day started out cleaning all the patients rooms, making sure they had all necessary equipment and supplies for the day . I would also clean the rooms when a patient was discharged and make sure alll supplies were there for next patient
Large urban hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
As a new grad I had a lot to learn. This was a very challenging work experience.
Sunrise Hospital Review
Emergency Room Department Processor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
I loved the hospital atmosphere, and the different guests that we took care of, I was educated everyday on something, my co-workers were outstanding, some of them I trained for the processing of the ER-Charts that we assembled, researched, and reconciled. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate some of the requests for information that our guest would need to take back to their physician, due to the HIPPA regulations, after explaining the procedures that their physician's office would have to follow to acquire that information on them, some were acceptable and some were not, but it is never personal, these are rules that are set in place. I am looking forward to entering the world of Phlebotomy.
gathering records
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2014
Pros: nice walking area and the people were nice
gathering, filling, getting records for signatures from doctors
Fast paced Ortho/Neuro Trauma Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks
A typical 12 hour shift is busy and leaves very little time to interact and enjoy my co-workers. The job is difficult at times but has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experience that would be difficult to match elsewhere.
liked the experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2014
I would come in everyday grab my little cart make sure it was stocked with enough supplies, grab my tickets and go from room to room and draw the patients blood.
Great opportunities
Ethics and Compliance Intern (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2014
Great opportunities to learn in a past-paced urban hospital. Highly recommend for internship applicants.
Great place for learning experience
Senior Practicum (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: high acuity
Very friendly staff all coming together for a common goal. Very helpful to students and other faculty alike.
Many people eager to advance into higher acuity.
Security at Sunrise Hospital
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
Pros: i liked the people that i worked with. the job was very rewarding.
Cons: i was offered a better position
I provided a safe environment for guests, staff and patients. I adheared to all policies and procedures. I followed all safety and security procedures.I would arrive on time to my job. Report would be given by the manager in charge. I would patrol the area. I would diffuse situations that would arrise and could become potentially dangerous in a calm and competent manner.I would treat all guests, staff and patients with respect and courtesy.
fast paced and clean environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
patrols, dispatch, monitor cctv's and fire system, lost and found control, psych unit monitoring
break time is a time to read.
Diet Host (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: getting rewarded with a big thank you from patients and coworkers.
Cons: small breaks.
As soon as I hit the door it's a busy day. I have learned alot at Sunrise Hospital. Mostly about communication.My coworkers were supportive, and helpful.The hardest part was making sure that all the coworkers were on the same page sometimes.The most enjoyable part was being able to help the patients, and working together with my coworkers.
Very busy place.
Radiology Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Sunrise is a great place to work. My job allows me to have one on one time with patients which in return makes them feel a lot better about being in the hospital.
My overall rating was a five
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: the largest and up to date facility in the city
Cons: staffing ration nurse/patient
Was a fun place to work
Was always busy
Choice awards several times by patients as the place to come for
the best care
Management team is easy to work with
Co-workers were like family
It was an unpaid internship
C.A.R.E. Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: fun place and free lunch
Cons: nurses are caught up in social life and not their jobs
It was fun work place. It was an unpaid internship because of a program I was in during high school.
Extremely Well Rounded/ Experienced Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Neonatal ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Las VegasDecember 5, 2013
One of the best NICU unit in Las Vegas, NV that I have been employed at; let alone had the opportunity to volunteer and do my nursing school clinical rotation at. You are always learning something new. My coworkers are always helpful and friendly. Our NICU is one of the best on all levels of care provided to a neonate. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect walking into the beginning of your shift. As a nurse, you want to provide the utmost best care to the neonate that is assigned to you, but you always have to be thinking, be on your toes, to make sure that the neonates are well cared for for your 12 hours shift with them.
ok
Medical Technologist. Duties (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2013
Sunrise has good benefits and is a good hospital to work for.

1 2 3

About Sunrise Hospital

Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality – Read more