Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
I've enjoyed working there. it made me feel I had a real career not just a job. a future and I have no complaints. I miss It and wish part of me was still there
Pros
Union house
Cons
short breaks
busy stressful
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
long hrs busy floor charge nurses not always helpful 12hr shift turns to 14hrs. others not helpful most people frendly worked many different floors on 3days off 4 days unless worked over time to help some one else out
Pros
time off
Cons
busy sometimes no help
Great learning environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
It is a great learning environment for students due to a number of different services, and it has a lot of tradition and history in the hospital. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be the learning curve, and the hardest part was leaving to go home after my shift.
Don't value employees
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2017
Learned a lot through the years. In the beginning it was a good place to work, As time went on it became worse and worse. They cared more about profit making and productivity than patient care and their employees, especially long term employees.
Great
Family and Visitor Volunteer Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2017
great people and staff its always a pleasure to volunteer here I love the different people u see each day how they care for all the patients especially the kids
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
would work there again, staff very helpful all working together for a good outcome for patients. Doctors have good relations with staff and with given thanks when a staff member shows good repot with patients.
Pros
goood place to work
Cons
hard to think of any
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Volunteering at the hospital is always great, I made sure that the patients on the floor I volunteered at had what they needed, I gave them magazines, earphones, hygiene products and anything else they needed such as company.
Good staff
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
Management is hot and miss and a lot of the times they aren't even there. The staff is fun to work with and are easy to get along with. It is filled with many different cultures of people.
Stay away from this place, it's very unsafe
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2017
If you are an RN, do yourself a favor and stay away from this hospital unless you want to care for 8 to 10 patients per shift (which, of course, greatly compromises patient care), run like crazy all day and feel abused and unappreciated.
Cons
Insane patient-to-nurse ratio, unrealistic expectations for nurses, unsupportive and lazy managers
4th floor RN
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2017
short staffed all the time, you barely get to see or know your patients
management is howed over by cooporation. unable to win. co workers are very supportive and helpful if they see you drowning.
Pros
amazing staff to work with
Cons
patient ratios and management unsupportive

Want to know more about Sunrise Hospital?

Ask a question
Fun place to volunteer
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2017
I volunteered there for two years and it was the best time I had. Although it didn't pay, I got to experience different type of situations when working there!
Great place to work!
Electrocardiogram Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2017
Amazing place to find out and pre determine your future! hands on and helpful mentors/supervisors on ever shift and you can transfer departments depending on your work ethics.
Great place
Registered Nurse - IMC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109May 13, 2017
could not complain of all the opportunities that Sunrise had given me, supported me all the way, benefits are great, administrators are very supportive in achieving my goal
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
cant complain
Great place to learn a fast pace business
Perform data entry (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
Fast pace, CEO don't speak if walking in the hallway. The only great thing about Sunrise is the benefits. It all depends on the department that you in as far as help. Nurses are rude as well as the doctors.
Pros
The benefits is great!!!
Cons
Sometimes don't get any breaks
Amazing
Summer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109May 8, 2017
I volunteered during the summer and the experience was amazing. it was all based on teamwork and helping others around us. There was never a dull face and everyone was very friendly and work oriented.
Fun place to work but tough at times
Registered Nurse - Trauma, Cardiac, Surgical unit (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2017
There's always something going on in our unit where I need to utilize critical thinking skills and apply good clinical judgement to keep patients safe and healthy. Most everyone in our unit helps each other and step up when needed. I love my patients and its rewarding to help people in need.
Very Busy Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  4 floorMay 4, 2017
Busy all the time, most of the people I worked with were nice and helpful, Very diverse culture, Hardest part of the job was the management, My enjoyment of the job was my true patients
Pros
experience in a hospital setting
Cons
work alot with the homeless
Does not reward hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2017
I started working at Sunrise Hospital 10 months ago. I really enjoy the staff I work with however. Sunrise has cut 14 positions in the past 30 days and if you have no seniority your job is in could be in jeopardy. I would highly recommend if you are a new hire at Sunrise Hospital please join the union.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job security
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
Big hospital big problems. when management has your back you are good. However, there is not much room to move up within the company without a nursing degree
nurses
REGISTERED NURSE/NEUROLOGICAL STROKE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 10, 2017
Too stressful
Always short staff,no quality of care
Not equipped with good vital signs machine
Lazy CNA
The Hospital focus on the how many patient they have even thou The nurses are short.
however the nurses are friendly.
They work together so work won't be that stressful.
Pros
friendly co worker
Cons
bad nurses ratio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Hospital Reviews by Location