Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

A life in the ER as a Registrar
Patient Registration Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Sunrise! I love interacting with the patients. It feels great to speak with a sick or hurt patient an get a smile out of them and still get your job done. Everywhere you work there will always be pros and cons. I just try and make the best out of both pros and cons. I am blessed to work so long at Sunrise and see and work with all the changes over the years. Working with the Doctors and Nurses in the Emergency Room is fantastic.
Pros
Everyone working as a team!
Cons
Some sour apples that you need to rise above
Busy fast pace stressful
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2016
Sunrise is very busy and stressful especially in the er. I rather work for another company. Safety working in the er is very scary all kinds of patients come to this er.
With the unit I worked, I learned a lot as a critical care nurse
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2016
I learned a lot in my work experience specifically as an open heart nurse. There are times that we are under staff and it is very stressful on our part as a nurse. We work as a team at our unit. I was just surprised with what happened to me lately about 2 months ago.
Pros
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Cons
SITUATIONS WHEREIN WE ARE UNDERSTAFF
Sunrise hospital pacu is a fast paced, challenging work environment where I can promote the healing process of patients young and old.
PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2016
I love the patients I am allowed to help. I do my best to provide for the physical and emotional needs of all of my patients to promote the healing process, and treat each and every one of them as though they were a member of my family.
Pros
Free continuing education
Cons
short breaks
Fun place and I love going to volunteer!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
The typical day at work would be visiting every patient that is awake on the 4th and 5th floor. Some children want toys while others just want someone to talk to. I have learned many things from volunteering here, such as where everything is located and different ways to communicate with the patients.
Pros
Free lunches, play with the kids
excellent postition
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working there. Excellent staff and job responsibilities. Staff and Patients are excellent to work with. I continue to find my position rewarding.
Sunrise Hospital
CCSD / ProjectSEARCH Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
Sunrise has prepared not only myself but many of other people for a good lifestyle. It teaches you responsibility, how to prioritize, managing skills and etc. I believe this is a great opportunity for teens right out of high school or even in their junior/senior year of high school.
hospital
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering most nights most of the employees were nice and most were a little grouchy but it was amazing and fun to help people out who were waiting for loved ones.
Unsafe
bad decision (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
Think twice about working there in a bad area of town and very poorly run by Administrators HOSPITAL hcaps SCORES ARE LOW AND OLD FACILITY NOT WELL MAINTAINED
Amazing !
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
I love tracy and I hate that I left I recommend to everyone who wants to get hours in for school or just to help out ! Its such a great place and I love all that the program continues to do. I will probably be returning soon !
Pros
EVERYTHING AND FREE FOOD !
Cons
Hospital Smell
Amazing coworkers, but poor leadership from management
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Very challenging unit with complex patients. Many opportunities to learn from patient cases. Diverse staff, but very enjoyable with fellow
nurses. The worst part in the lack of recognition from department
management, and lack of communication with patient care staff and
management
great positive workstaff
rn (Former Employee) –  lv,nvJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work, positive workstaff, flexible for scheduling,good management never a dull moment at sunrise...if u like a fast pace and lots of work challenges this is a great place to be
Fast paced environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
Everyone was very determined, punctual and responsible at Sunrise Hospital. I learned that you have to be as optimistic and as open minded as possible because you are at an hospital and there are no limits to the kind of people you will make contact with.
Pros
Free Lunches!
Cons
Rude Nurses
productive
Registered Nurse-Rehab (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Nice place to work. everyone works as a team. I have learned critical care in the ER. friendly staff and managers. Good place to work
Sunrise Trauma Anesthesia
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2015
Great experience. High acuity patients. Fast pace.

New CRNA program - still under construction, working on expansion
managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 11, 2015
Maintains good working relationship with coworkers. Often offer workable solutions to problems. Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
playiing soft ball with staff at park old school
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2015
every day same big scheduled cases same routine laporoscopic anterior spinal fusion with posterior fusions we will do 3 a day and i will go home by 4 pm some times later back in 1995 loved to watch surgeons all around the world trying to figure it out on how many he could do in one day and in some cases they would go home same day and still have letter of recommendations i always had same staff or someone equil when leave of absence or vacation what you see in las vegas stays in las vegas but went back home because i missed my real family and friends and never dated when i was there
Pros
reps
Cons
staff
Former employee
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatSeptember 9, 2015
If you truly care about your career, you will think twice about this hospital. Money isn't everything. Co workers are wonderful, management sucks on every level. Laziest charge RNS I have ever worked with. Your pt assignment is base min 7 and I have had as many as 10 throughout a 12 hr shift. This Corp is difficult to work for and have unrealistic expectations for staff. Directors are evil and throw you under the bus to save themselves. Cliques exist in management. Not one of them care about pt safety or the nurses taking care of the pts...it is all about the almighty dollar here. The charting system is ancient and the food is also terrible. If it was such a great place to work, why would agency and travelers be there...because it is awful.
Pros
Co workers are exceptional
Cons
The entire experience
Was a Unit Clerk on the Cardiac Wing
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2015
Was responsible for 35 patients on our floor. Worked 12 hour shifts on the cardiac wing. Assisted Nurses and took off Doctors orders on the patient's charts and expedited them. Had a great Charge Nurse. My co-workers were the Nurses I worked with. What a great team of guys and gals. Hardest part only at times is when a patient was coding....I loved working with all the Nurses and Doctors!!!!
Pros
All the knowledged I learned for patient care
Cons
short breaks at times.
Safe comfortable place to work
MEDICAL GAS PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2015
I am content working for this company. I feel my work is appreciated. My management team notices when a job well done and will comment on this fact. My co-workers enjoy their job which makes for a great work environment. I feel there is room for more advancement for me in this company. I enjoy all aspects of this job. The hardest part of this job is that I am not a full-time employee. I work per diem for this company
Pros
GOOD PAY, SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, MANAGERS TRUST ME TO DO MY JOB WELL
Cons
WORKING PER DIEM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Hospital Reviews by Location