Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Former employee
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatSeptember 9, 2015
If you truly care about your career, you will think twice about this hospital. Money isn't everything. Co workers are wonderful, management sucks on every level. Laziest charge RNS I have ever worked with. Your pt assignment is base min 7 and I have had as many as 10 throughout a 12 hr shift. This Corp is difficult to work for and have unrealistic expectations for staff. Directors are evil and throw you under the bus to save themselves. Cliques exist in management. Not one of them care about pt safety or the nurses taking care of the pts...it is all about the almighty dollar here. The charting system is ancient and the food is also terrible. If it was such a great place to work, why would agency and travelers be there...because it is awful.
Pros
Co workers are exceptional
Cons
The entire experience
Amazing coworkers, but poor leadership from management
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Very challenging unit with complex patients. Many opportunities to learn from patient cases. Diverse staff, but very enjoyable with fellow
nurses. The worst part in the lack of recognition from department
management, and lack of communication with patient care staff and
management
Fun place and I love going to volunteer!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
The typical day at work would be visiting every patient that is awake on the 4th and 5th floor. Some children want toys while others just want someone to talk to. I have learned many things from volunteering here, such as where everything is located and different ways to communicate with the patients.
Pros
Free lunches, play with the kids
Safe comfortable place to work
MEDICAL GAS PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2015
I am content working for this company. I feel my work is appreciated. My management team notices when a job well done and will comment on this fact. My co-workers enjoy their job which makes for a great work environment. I feel there is room for more advancement for me in this company. I enjoy all aspects of this job. The hardest part of this job is that I am not a full-time employee. I work per diem for this company
Pros
GOOD PAY, SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, MANAGERS TRUST ME TO DO MY JOB WELL
Cons
WORKING PER DIEM
great positive workstaff
rn (Former Employee) –  lv,nvJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work, positive workstaff, flexible for scheduling,good management never a dull moment at sunrise...if u like a fast pace and lots of work challenges this is a great place to be
Sunrise Hospital
CCSD / ProjectSEARCH Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
Sunrise has prepared not only myself but many of other people for a good lifestyle. It teaches you responsibility, how to prioritize, managing skills and etc. I believe this is a great opportunity for teens right out of high school or even in their junior/senior year of high school.
excellent postition
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working there. Excellent staff and job responsibilities. Staff and Patients are excellent to work with. I continue to find my position rewarding.
hospital
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering most nights most of the employees were nice and most were a little grouchy but it was amazing and fun to help people out who were waiting for loved ones.
Unsafe
bad decision (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
Think twice about working there in a bad area of town and very poorly run by Administrators HOSPITAL hcaps SCORES ARE LOW AND OLD FACILITY NOT WELL MAINTAINED
Amazing !
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
I love tracy and I hate that I left I recommend to everyone who wants to get hours in for school or just to help out ! Its such a great place and I love all that the program continues to do. I will probably be returning soon !
Pros
EVERYTHING AND FREE FOOD !
Cons
Hospital Smell

Want to know more about Sunrise Hospital?

Ask a question
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2015
It is a great experience working with Sunrise. The staff is easy to get along with. The compensation is competitive. I like working at Sunrise.
playiing soft ball with staff at park old school
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2015
every day same big scheduled cases same routine laporoscopic anterior spinal fusion with posterior fusions we will do 3 a day and i will go home by 4 pm some times later back in 1995 loved to watch surgeons all around the world trying to figure it out on how many he could do in one day and in some cases they would go home same day and still have letter of recommendations i always had same staff or someone equil when leave of absence or vacation what you see in las vegas stays in las vegas but went back home because i missed my real family and friends and never dated when i was there
Pros
reps
Cons
staff
Fast paced environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
Everyone was very determined, punctual and responsible at Sunrise Hospital. I learned that you have to be as optimistic and as open minded as possible because you are at an hospital and there are no limits to the kind of people you will make contact with.
Pros
Free Lunches!
Cons
Rude Nurses
the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing
Tray line Lead-aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVSeptember 30, 2012
I was there for 12 years. I was the lead-aide for food and nutrition patient services. Every year the employees in my department would say "It can't get any worse." Every year it got worse. Management were office managers. Supervisors worked the floor. Sodexo came in and fired all 8 supervisors, so then no one was watching what was going on. Hard to see what is happening sitting in a office. Basic food handling policies not followed. Most management M-F until 4 pm. After that they were leaving me in charge to deal with the problems happening. This year were lay offs. I was told my position was cut but i could be a trayline employee position and bump someone. I asked "So who will be in charge without a manager there?" Guess what! Still me! Now I'm gone and heaven help the patients. There is no way they wont know who this is.
Pros
they did work around my kidney dialyisis. i worked s, t, th, s off m, w, f
Cons
had free food when i started but was taken away to make more money for the great managers!
productive
Registered Nurse-Rehab (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Nice place to work. everyone works as a team. I have learned critical care in the ER. friendly staff and managers. Good place to work
Vast facility that strives for patient care and excellence
Performance Improvement/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
I've started as a patient sitter, and started moving up in my work, however my lack of a BSN, RN makes that difficult for me to move further. I like the environment and I love patient interaction, and the hospital is the best place for it. However, when you're in a position that lacks a healthy communication with various other people, and the work becomes stagnant, you try to look for more opportunities.
Pros
Great and friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement if you are not a certain type of employee
good place to work, high tech support,
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2013
Excellent benefits
Diversified employees
surveys update, voice heard and implementation
Holiday parties, b-days, anniversaries, rewards/recognition

Town hall meetings of CEO, managers, directors, is a good way
of communication approach for all employees
Pros
employees rewards, holiday meals, salary raise, union protection
Cons
unable to utilize 15 min. breaks, 1/2 hour lunch is short for 12 hr. shift
Sunrise Trauma Anesthesia
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2015
Great experience. High acuity patients. Fast pace.

New CRNA program - still under construction, working on expansion
Was a Unit Clerk on the Cardiac Wing
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2015
Was responsible for 35 patients on our floor. Worked 12 hour shifts on the cardiac wing. Assisted Nurses and took off Doctors orders on the patient's charts and expedited them. Had a great Charge Nurse. My co-workers were the Nurses I worked with. What a great team of guys and gals. Hardest part only at times is when a patient was coding....I loved working with all the Nurses and Doctors!!!!
Pros
All the knowledged I learned for patient care
Cons
short breaks at times.
managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 11, 2015
Maintains good working relationship with coworkers. Often offer workable solutions to problems. Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.

Sunrise Hospital Reviews by Location