Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Hospital to work
Phlebotomist, EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Working at Sunrise Hospital was a very good experienced as a Phlebotomist. Management were good in all terms and conditions. Employees in various department were very helpful like Nurses, Doctors and my Co-Tech workers.
Collaborative work environment, engaging, ehthusiastic
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
I loved working at Sunrise Hospital. Each day presented new challenges that required collaboration between multiple health care providers. It was a great joy working with dedicated individuals whose common goal was to ensure patient safety and quality care. These health care providers included physicians, PTs, OTs, speech language therapists, APRNs, CNAs, technicians, and surgeons. Sunrise Hospital is Southern Nevada's largest acute care hospital, and as such it moves at an extremely quick pace. One minute there could be tranquility and a reassuring calm demeanor, whereas the next hour could turn into an internal triage secondary to unfortunate circumstances that require 'all hands on deck.' I would have loved to continue my career at this unique facility; however, I had to relocate for family reasons. I would highly recommend this facility comprised of more than coworkers and acquaintances; family would be a more just term.
Pros
Exceptionally tech-savvy, comprehensive stroke center, friendly work environment
Cons
Occasional heavy workload
Fun
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2017
I was a transporter in the ER and it was a really fun job that paid good. It was just a temporary job for me. Everyone was nice and did what they could to help each other.
A fast pace working environment
Medical Records Technician I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
A good place to work and met many good people with positive attitude. Always willing to work the extra mile and next thing you know its the end of the work day. Customer service and working with Physicians was a quite experience with high volume.
Pros
Working the extra mile with positive co-workers helping along with you.
Cons
Keep up with Privacy officer when reviewing and researching documents.
Good Benefit
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2017
Typical work day is always busy. I have gained a lot nursing and knowledge experienced. The work load is so heavy, the patient-nurse ratio is 7:1. The best part is good benefits.
Pediatrics Hospital
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2017
This is a pediatrics hospital in Las Vegas, NV. My only experience here was nursing clinicals for my Peds Rotation. The staff are friendly and always willing to answer questions. I enjoyed my clinical rotation here.
salary made the job very likable
Case Manager AND UTILIZATION REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2017
I performed utilization review using the Interqual guidelines. Because of my rapport with insurance case managers, and getting them the information needed, I had very few cases that were denied.

I worked on commercial accounts, medicare and medicaid accounts also.

This was a typical day at work. I generally did at least 30 reviews a day. Management was very hands off and therefore was not aware of the unit's issues. The hardest part of the job was working with staff who did not keep up and did not pull their share of the workload.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
was not in the best part of town, but was doable
productive workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2017
This is an amazing place to work. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a career in the medical field. You do have to be able to work under stress.
Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
great work environment great team work
flexible on scheduling
approachable management
opportunity to transfer to other departments
great pay
easy computer system
Pros
staff
Cons
cant think of any
BUSY Hospital
(Med/Surg/Tele) - Westways Staffing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2017
Very busy hospital, Patients are constantly being admitted. Hince, they are the closest to Las Vegas Strip. Overall the hospital is a nice place to work but you can expect to be pretty busy.
N/a
Labor & Delivery Nurse (High Risk) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2017
Sunrise was a great facility to start my nursing career. It provided a quick paced environment with excellence on site training which gave me to tools i needed to succeed.
Good place To Work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2017
A very good place to gain experience, and learn. It can be stressful, and you do have to be quick on your toes, but it is a rewarding experience, and I would recommend working there.
hospital
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST & LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2017
typical hospital environment that expects a limited staff to provide quality care without adequate resources to complete the task. difficult work environment
Great
Maryland Pkwy - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  3186 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89109October 4, 2017
When I volunteered for Sunrise I was having a great time. I met a bunch of people and got to experience what health care worker's job roles were. It is a great hospital it has everything.
Pros
Free lunch
Sunrise Hospital a great place to work
OR Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment. I have learned so much over the past 28 yrs. of working at Sunrise Hospital. This hospital has a productive working environment. There are many opportunities available for individuals to gain experience and further their careers. Sunrise Hospital has Wonderful management, friendly coworkers.
The rehab unit
Registered Nurse, Relief Charge Nurse, Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
I work at Sunrise Rehab and it's a good environment with a good patient ratio. Our manager really is there for us. Our patient ratio is 6 patients and if we have vents then it's 4 patients.
Stressful environment with great compensation
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - PRN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
The compensation is unbeatable however you are working in a busy hospital in a bad area so the patient demographic is very difficult to deal with sometimes
good hospital
Reading Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2017
Working here has provided me an a great job oppurtunity and a place to meet incredible professionals. This is a very fast based environment as it is one of the biggest hospitals in the Las Vegas valley.
Good people
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2017
Loved my job and worked here 8 years before getting laid off for hospital cut backs. Always something new and something to do when on duty. It was like we where all family.
Pros
Hospital staff
Cons
Irate patients
Productive and Fun
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
I've enjoyed working there. it made me feel I had a real career not just a job. a future and I have no complaints. I miss It and wish part of me was still there
Pros
Union house
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Hospital Reviews by Location