Sunrise Hospital

Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews

SAFE COMFORTABLE PLACE TO WORK
MEDICAL GAS PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2015
Pros: GOOD PAY, SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, MANAGERS TRUST ME TO DO MY JOB WELL
Cons: WORKING PER DIEM
I AM CONTENT WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. I FEEL MY WORK IS APPRECIATED. MY MANAGEMENT TEAM NOTICES WHEN A JOB WELL DONE AND WILL COMMENT ON THIS FACT. MY CO-WORKERS ENJOY THEIR JOB WHICH MAKES FOR A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT. I FEEL THERE IS ROOM FOR MORE ADVANCEMENT FOR ME IN THIS COMPANY. I ENJOY ALL ASPECTS OF THIS JOB. THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB IS THAT I AM NOT A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE. I WORK PER DIEM FOR THIS COMPANY
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2015
It is a great experience working with Sunrise. The staff is easy to get along with. The compensation is competitive. I like working at Sunrise.
Horrible environment
Travel nurse (Former Employee), Las VegasJune 21, 2015
Pros: Not many
Cons: Over worked and under staffed
My immediate coworkers were quite pleasant but the staff in the hospital in general seem unhappy and even hostile. My best recommendation would be to keep looking.
A busy and stressful environment to work in.
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. However, staffing was a big problem there and that made the environment stressful.
Alot of nice and friendly people to work with
Utilization Review Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2015
Pros: A Case Manager Director who listens and acts on suggestions.
Cons: The sheer number of reviews required to be completed in an 8-hour day.
A very busy hospital with a lot of diversity. One must be able to adapt very quickly to various situations and patients. As a UR CM I cover various departments, usually Pediatrics, PICU, Maternity and Labor/Delivery, along with Point of Entry in the Emergency Room.
Vast facility that strives for patient care and excellence
Performance Improvement/Data Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Great and friendly environment
Cons: Lack of advancement if you are not a certain type of employee
I've started as a patient sitter, and started moving up in my work, however my lack of a BSN, RN makes that difficult for me to move further. I like the environment and I love patient interaction, and the hospital is the best place for it. However, when you're in a position that lacks a healthy communication with various other people, and the work becomes stagnant, you try to look for more opportunities.
A good paying job with good benefits.
IRF PAI Support Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2015
Pros: a good facility with a good reputation and good outcomes.
Cons: don't always agree with treatment options.
I am fortunate to work with this particular Team. My co-workers are very skilled and focused on their patient goals. My managers are open to new ideas to improve work flow. I process a 42 patient census and information gathering can be a challenge. I strive for accuracy. I enjoy working in an environment where patients are in recovery and working toward an improved level of functional independence.
A very nice hospital, the staff is extremely professional.
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
Pros: a very nice hospital, the staff is extremely professional.
Cons: management is not friendly to the staff.
Surgery was machine while I was there in the beginning averaging over a hundred cases a day. There was a change in the management and the amount of cases dropped to below forty, changes caused the staff to be let go.
A great place to work
Maid and Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2015
The management work to make the atmosphere pleasant for employees, the workers were easy to communicate with as well as the supervisors. I can't think of any part of the job that would be considered hard.
Excellent culture to be associated with!
Medical Recruiter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent culture and facility!
Cons: not enough fte within the department to provide excellent customer service in a timely manner!
Sunrise Hospital is the largest HCA facility. I work with terrific people who care about the facility and back it 100%. My co-workers are terrific, help each other out on projects. The most challenging part of my position is not have enough time in a day to do everything that needs to be completed.
Great hospital, Great staff
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good staff
Cons: bad pay
There is not much bad I can say about them.
The pay is very low compared to others in the area.
Fast Pace! Very Professional..
E R Registration Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2014
Pros: celebrating a good day!
Cons: short breaks and short lunches.
A Typical day at work was very exciting! You never know who or what's going to come through the ER Doors. There were days when you walk in and the action is taken place as you're clocking in. Wash up and jump in when and where needed.

I learned how to be more confident in myself how to talk to family members in the worse situations in the event of a family member or passing of a friend..

My co-workers were fantastic! We supported each other. If there was a co-worker that needed help we were right there. Working in the
Peds ER could become very hectic and there were more patients coming in more than one registration clerk could handle.. As soon as he/she was free you could depend on backup.

The hardest part of my job was seeing abused children or adults. Having to try and talk to a love ones after a tragic accident or dealth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making others smile! Be a patient or co-worker. If the day has been long and tough. Making someone smile and realize that it will be over soon or make a child stop crying because they are afraid of needles. Made my day when the shift was over and everyone leaves happy!
Great group of therapists to work with and learn from
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great per diem salary
Cons: limited o.t. staff in acute to cover the caseload.
I traveled between Acute care setting, where I was usually in the Neuro ICU and the Rehab Unit.
In the Rehab Unit, the schedule was structured and this made it easy to meet productivity and address a variety of treatments in one day. Here there were patient care conferences scheduled that included all healthcare professionals working with that specific patient.
In the Acute setting, I would get a set of cards with patient information. Sometimes 6 cards and sometimes 15 cards. It was my job to prioritize my caseload and attempt to provide the best quality of care to as many of those people as possible. The possibility of the patient having to have a procedure, test or see a therapy or healthcare provider dealing with more medical/serious issues occurred frequently, making it difficult to meet productivity and get to all of the patients.
Management did the best they could with what they had. It was frustrating when they didn't understand the reasoning for decreased productivity in Acute vs Rehab, since the settings organization and structure were completely different.
The hardest part of the job was not having a consistent caseload in Rehab, because I was a float person there and not having enough O.T. staff to get to all of the Acute patients in one day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a patient who was on the vent in Neuro ICU leaving home from Rehab. That was definitely the best part of being in both places. I also loved the other therapists that I worked with. We worked well and communicate well with each other.
Working in Nye County
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
Pros: knowing that you can make a difference to a child
Cons: after having my last child i could not be there as much
Working with children of all ages and needs is something that was everyone should try at least once in there life. Nye County School District gave me the opportunity to teach children and bring smiles to their faces. Yes, there were challenges with a few kids,but if you take the time to listen and learn each student the student will make a difference in your life.
Working in the Rehab Dept
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2014
Pros: getting to know the doctors, nurses and rehab techs
Cons: saying goodbye tot he patients when they left the unit
My day started out cleaning all the patients rooms, making sure they had all necessary equipment and supplies for the day . I would also clean the rooms when a patient was discharged and make sure alll supplies were there for next patient
Large urban hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
As a new grad I had a lot to learn. This was a very challenging work experience.
Sunrise Hospital Review
Emergency Room Department Processor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
I loved the hospital atmosphere, and the different guests that we took care of, I was educated everyday on something, my co-workers were outstanding, some of them I trained for the processing of the ER-Charts that we assembled, researched, and reconciled. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate some of the requests for information that our guest would need to take back to their physician, due to the HIPPA regulations, after explaining the procedures that their physician's office would have to follow to acquire that information on them, some were acceptable and some were not, but it is never personal, these are rules that are set in place. I am looking forward to entering the world of Phlebotomy.
gathering records
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2014
Pros: nice walking area and the people were nice
gathering, filling, getting records for signatures from doctors
Fast paced Ortho/Neuro Trauma Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks
A typical 12 hour shift is busy and leaves very little time to interact and enjoy my co-workers. The job is difficult at times but has provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experience that would be difficult to match elsewhere.
liked the experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2014
I would come in everyday grab my little cart make sure it was stocked with enough supplies, grab my tickets and go from room to room and draw the patients blood.
Industry