Sunrise Hospital

Sunrise Hospital Employer Reviews

liked the experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2014
I would come in everyday grab my little cart make sure it was stocked with enough supplies, grab my tickets and go from room to room and draw the patients blood.
Great opportunities
Ethics and Compliance Intern (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2014
Great opportunities to learn in a past-paced urban hospital. Highly recommend for internship applicants.
Great place for learning experience
Senior Practicum (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 27, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: high acuity
Very friendly staff all coming together for a common goal. Very helpful to students and other faculty alike.
Many people eager to advance into higher acuity.
Security at Sunrise Hospital
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
Pros: i liked the people that i worked with. the job was very rewarding.
Cons: i was offered a better position
I provided a safe environment for guests, staff and patients. I adheared to all policies and procedures. I followed all safety and security procedures.I would arrive on time to my job. Report would be given by the manager in charge. I would patrol the area. I would diffuse situations that would arrise and could become potentially dangerous in a calm – more... and competent manner.I would treat all guests, staff and patients with respect and courtesy. – less
fast paced and clean environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
patrols, dispatch, monitor cctv's and fire system, lost and found control, psych unit monitoring
break time is a time to read.
Diet Host (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: getting rewarded with a big thank you from patients and coworkers.
Cons: small breaks.
As soon as I hit the door it's a busy day. I have learned alot at Sunrise Hospital. Mostly about communication.My coworkers were supportive, and helpful.The hardest part was making sure that all the coworkers were on the same page sometimes.The most enjoyable part was being able to help the patients, and working together with my coworkers.
Very busy place.
Radiology Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Sunrise is a great place to work. My job allows me to have one on one time with patients which in return makes them feel a lot better about being in the hospital.
My overall rating was a five
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: the largest and up to date facility in the city
Cons: staffing ration nurse/patient
Was a fun place to work
Was always busy
Choice awards several times by patients as the place to come for
the best care
Management team is easy to work with
Co-workers were like family
It was an unpaid internship
C.A.R.E. Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: fun place and free lunch
Cons: nurses are caught up in social life and not their jobs
It was fun work place. It was an unpaid internship because of a program I was in during high school.
Extremely Well Rounded/ Experienced Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Neonatal ICU Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Las VegasDecember 5, 2013
One of the best NICU unit in Las Vegas, NV that I have been employed at; let alone had the opportunity to volunteer and do my nursing school clinical rotation at. You are always learning something new. My coworkers are always helpful and friendly. Our NICU is one of the best on all levels of care provided to a neonate. The hardest part of the job is – more... not knowing what to expect walking into the beginning of your shift. As a nurse, you want to provide the utmost best care to the neonate that is assigned to you, but you always have to be thinking, be on your toes, to make sure that the neonates are well cared for for your 12 hours shift with them. – less
ok
Medical Technologist. Duties (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2013
Sunrise has good benefits and is a good hospital to work for.
good place to work, high tech support,
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2013
Pros: employees rewards, holiday meals, salary raise, union protection
Cons: unable to utilize 15 min. breaks, 1/2 hour lunch is short for 12 hr. shift
Excellent benefits
Diversified employees
surveys update, voice heard and implementation
Holiday parties, b-days, anniversaries, rewards/recognition

Town hall meetings of CEO, managers, directors, is a good way
of communication approach for all employees
Anayst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches on occasions and holidays
Cons: not enough assistance from security
It was a good a place to work with friendly people and a caring management, who helped me balanced work and family. A typical day at work is quiet and productive which I enjoyed the most. The hardest part of the job is when you have two different patients in one chart.
Rewarding work environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: discount meals, good benefits, 401k, manditory breaks
I really enjoy working with the patients, the staff are knowlageable and helpful. Most days the census is adequate there will rarely be times when you will be asked to take time off. If you don't mind working hard and enjoy what you do this is a great place to work.
It is a great place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2013
I had fun at sunrise hospital I will continue my education as a pharmacy tech, and maybe I can go back there .
Great Learning experience!
Volunteer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2013
This was my first opportunity in to the working world and although it was a volunteer job and I didn't get paid, it was still a,, great learning experience! I volunteered every summer for about 3 years while I was in high school. I would do it during the summer just to keep myself busy whilst school was out. I learned a lot about customer service and – more... how to talk to people on the phone. I had to take visitors to patients rooms; so I had to memorize the floor plan of the hospital so I could get around quickly and efficiently. Also had to give people directions on the phone how to get to the hospital. – less
this Hospital is good to work
Diagnostic Imaging Fileroom REGISTRAR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2013
Pros: work place is highly recommended
Cons: no comment
that's why I worked this HOSPITAL for almost 14 years as full time Radiology Fileroom Registrar, I enjoyed working but so sad to say in 2012 june my position was ELIMINATED because of Department Management Budget.
stay away
VSP hospital security officer (Former Employee), las vegasJune 22, 2013
Pros: potential
Cons: horrible leadership..backstabbing..
I was doing hospital security there..and it was not fun. Not because of the pay..or the area..nor the patients..but because of the staff. Everyone tries to shine, by throwing people under the bus.
A male clerk literally read out a patient's info aloud, that included name, and age..which was the wrong person..I told my supervisor..who told me.."oh we – more... have your back..don't worry."
Oh they sure had my back alright..as they made me look like it was my fault..and wrote me up. The backstabbing there is no joke. The rules apply to everyone supposedly..like no cell phones.
Yet employees had cellphones out in the open to be on Facebook..really?? – less
Educational and Inspiring
RN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2013
Very busy hospital and Neuro/Renal/ MedSurg / Tele floor. Daily learning opportunities. Unit manager was very critical and hounding of staff she did not like to the point of several staff members verbalizing that they did not like coming to work each day. Co-workers were very pleasant and helped each other out .
Great name, variety of services
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2013
Pros: lots of advanced services.
Cons: head on chopping block mentality
I found this a very difficulty place to work. Management was hardcore and unforgiving over very small issues. If you like micromanagement, this is your place to work. Nurses were not recognized as being professional. Very stressful place to work.