Sunrise Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Former employee
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatSeptember 9, 2015
If you truly care about your career, you will think twice about this hospital. Money isn't everything. Co workers are wonderful, management sucks on every level. Laziest charge RNS I have ever worked with. Your pt assignment is base min 7 and I have had as many as 10 throughout a 12 hr shift. This Corp is difficult to work for and have unrealistic expectations for staff. Directors are evil and throw you under the bus to save themselves. Cliques exist in management. Not one of them care about pt safety or the nurses taking care of the pts...it is all about the almighty dollar here. The charting system is ancient and the food is also terrible. If it was such a great place to work, why would agency and travelers be there...because it is awful.
Pros
Co workers are exceptional
Cons
The entire experience
Fun place and I love going to volunteer!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
The typical day at work would be visiting every patient that is awake on the 4th and 5th floor. Some children want toys while others just want someone to talk to. I have learned many things from volunteering here, such as where everything is located and different ways to communicate with the patients.
Pros
Free lunches, play with the kids
Amazing coworkers, but poor leadership from management
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Very challenging unit with complex patients. Many opportunities to learn from patient cases. Diverse staff, but very enjoyable with fellow
nurses. The worst part in the lack of recognition from department
management, and lack of communication with patient care staff and
management
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2015
It is a great experience working with Sunrise. The staff is easy to get along with. The compensation is competitive. I like working at Sunrise.
Sunrise Hospital
CCSD / ProjectSEARCH Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
Sunrise has prepared not only myself but many of other people for a good lifestyle. It teaches you responsibility, how to prioritize, managing skills and etc. I believe this is a great opportunity for teens right out of high school or even in their junior/senior year of high school.
excellent postition
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working there. Excellent staff and job responsibilities. Staff and Patients are excellent to work with. I continue to find my position rewarding.
hospital
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed volunteering most nights most of the employees were nice and most were a little grouchy but it was amazing and fun to help people out who were waiting for loved ones.
great positive workstaff
rn (Former Employee) –  lv,nvJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work, positive workstaff, flexible for scheduling,good management never a dull moment at sunrise...if u like a fast pace and lots of work challenges this is a great place to be
Amazing !
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
I love tracy and I hate that I left I recommend to everyone who wants to get hours in for school or just to help out ! Its such a great place and I love all that the program continues to do. I will probably be returning soon !
Pros
EVERYTHING AND FREE FOOD !
Cons
Hospital Smell
Unsafe
bad decision (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
Think twice about working there in a bad area of town and very poorly run by Administrators HOSPITAL hcaps SCORES ARE LOW AND OLD FACILITY NOT WELL MAINTAINED
Safe comfortable place to work
MEDICAL GAS PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2015
I am content working for this company. I feel my work is appreciated. My management team notices when a job well done and will comment on this fact. My co-workers enjoy their job which makes for a great work environment. I feel there is room for more advancement for me in this company. I enjoy all aspects of this job. The hardest part of this job is that I am not a full-time employee. I work per diem for this company
Pros
GOOD PAY, SAFE WORKING CONDITIONS, MANAGERS TRUST ME TO DO MY JOB WELL
Cons
WORKING PER DIEM
playiing soft ball with staff at park old school
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2015
every day same big scheduled cases same routine laporoscopic anterior spinal fusion with posterior fusions we will do 3 a day and i will go home by 4 pm some times later back in 1995 loved to watch surgeons all around the world trying to figure it out on how many he could do in one day and in some cases they would go home same day and still have letter of recommendations i always had same staff or someone equil when leave of absence or vacation what you see in las vegas stays in las vegas but went back home because i missed my real family and friends and never dated when i was there
Pros
reps
Cons
staff
Fast paced environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
Everyone was very determined, punctual and responsible at Sunrise Hospital. I learned that you have to be as optimistic and as open minded as possible because you are at an hospital and there are no limits to the kind of people you will make contact with.
Pros
Free Lunches!
Cons
Rude Nurses
good place to work, high tech support,
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2013
Excellent benefits
Diversified employees
surveys update, voice heard and implementation
Holiday parties, b-days, anniversaries, rewards/recognition

Town hall meetings of CEO, managers, directors, is a good way
of communication approach for all employees
Pros
employees rewards, holiday meals, salary raise, union protection
Cons
unable to utilize 15 min. breaks, 1/2 hour lunch is short for 12 hr. shift
productive
Registered Nurse-Rehab (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Nice place to work. everyone works as a team. I have learned critical care in the ER. friendly staff and managers. Good place to work
Sunrise Trauma Anesthesia
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2015
Great experience. High acuity patients. Fast pace.

New CRNA program - still under construction, working on expansion
Rewarding work environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2013
I really enjoy working with the patients, the staff are knowlageable and helpful. Most days the census is adequate there will rarely be times when you will be asked to take time off. If you don't mind working hard and enjoy what you do this is a great place to work.
Pros
discount meals, good benefits, 401k, manditory breaks
Great group of therapists to work with and learn from
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2014
I traveled between Acute care setting, where I was usually in the Neuro ICU and the Rehab Unit.
In the Rehab Unit, the schedule was structured and this made it easy to meet productivity and address a variety of treatments in one day. Here there were patient care conferences scheduled that included all healthcare professionals working with that specific patient.
In the Acute setting, I would get a set of cards with patient information. Sometimes 6 cards and sometimes 15 cards. It was my job to prioritize my caseload and attempt to provide the best quality of care to as many of those people as possible. The possibility of the patient having to have a procedure, test or see a therapy or healthcare provider dealing with more medical/serious issues occurred frequently, making it difficult to meet productivity and get to all of the patients.
Management did the best they could with what they had. It was frustrating when they didn't understand the reasoning for decreased productivity in Acute vs Rehab, since the settings organization and structure were completely different.
The hardest part of the job was not having a consistent caseload in Rehab, because I was a float person there and not having enough O.T. staff to get to all of the Acute patients in one day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a patient who was on the vent in Neuro ICU leaving home from Rehab. That was definitely the best part of being in both places. I also loved the other therapists that I worked with. We worked well and communicate well with each other.
Pros
great per diem salary
Cons
limited o.t. staff in acute to cover the caseload.
managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 11, 2015
Maintains good working relationship with coworkers. Often offer workable solutions to problems. Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
Was a Unit Clerk on the Cardiac Wing
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2015
Was responsible for 35 patients on our floor. Worked 12 hour shifts on the cardiac wing. Assisted Nurses and took off Doctors orders on the patient's charts and expedited them. Had a great Charge Nurse. My co-workers were the Nurses I worked with. What a great team of guys and gals. Hardest part only at times is when a patient was coding....I loved working with all the Nurses and Doctors!!!!
Pros
All the knowledged I learned for patient care
Cons
short breaks at times.

Sunrise Hospital Reviews by Location