Sunrise Medical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Very productive place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 25, 2017
Great place to work. Even though I was a Temp the work environment was one to feel good having to go to. Excellence if you enjoy learning as you work.
Pros
Daily shifts, and perfect learning opportunity.
Cons
Must know Spanish
purchasing supervisor
Administrative assistant | Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  chantilly, vaJune 21, 2017
I work best with a team or by myself and very busy environment love patient or client interaction . I was always on time , i always was willing to put in overtime and train new hires or extend knowledge of any coworker
Pros
location
Cons
there are none
Over all not a bad place to work
Pre-analytical specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 30, 2017
The job is not a bad place to work its very busy so getting over time is easy and once you have the interview you pretty much have the job its just very hard to keep they are very strict about wrong ideas and call outs
Pros
easy to hit over time
Cons
have to work holidays and very difficult to get a day sift job
It is a lively and busy environment
Patient Service Center Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2017
We are constantly helping patient in and out of the patient service center. Questions are answered and issues resolved. We work as team to reach our goal "customers satisfaction".
Pros
team work is efective
Cons
the patient volume is very high at certain times
comfortable work environment
Accessioner / Pre-Analytical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 4, 2017
good workplace
pathetic pay and almost no raise
very little training provided
very high staff turnover
short breaks for part timers
supervisors are helpful
Great Place to Work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMarch 17, 2017
Love the co-workers that i work with,we help each other out when we have a problem with the work...I learned about different departments.I enjoyed doing it.The supervisors were very nice to work with.The Department i worked in were very busy with a high volume, keep us busy..I worked in the Company for 10 years..I miss working with my co-workers,supervisors and manager.Its a Great Company to work for..
good company
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 17, 2017
The supervisors were easy to get along with and were always there if you needed them.
Everyone worked as a team to help you if you needed time off.
The offices I worked in were very busy with a high volume of patients, but expectations were realistic so it wasn't as stressful as other places i've worked.
It was a Very Great Company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Love the co-workers that i work with,we help each other out when we have a problem with the work..I learned a lot about the health field. Loved my job.
Pros
We would have free lunch for doing a great job for the company
Investing in people, cutting-edge technology and our future as we experience rapid growth.
Executive Management (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 4, 2016
Sunrise is composed of a diverse group of dedicated employees working various shifts with flexible schedules. Management has many years of experience in quality assurance, LEAN principles, a continued focus on our clients, providing excellent service levels, and giving our people the skills needed to succeed in a commercial reference lab environment.
There is no training
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 14, 2016
During orientation you are told you will have 4 weeks of training. They push you right into working on your own as soon as you walk in on your first day. There is no training. Training is the supervisor explaining what to do one time and then leaving you on your own. There is so much to learn and with no training it is even more difficult to get to a point where you can confidently work on your own. The supervisors do not like to answer questions and are always claiming to be too busy to help even though all they do is walk around, talk, and take smoke breaks. The other workers were great. It was good getting to meet and work with good people. Do not work here if this will be your first time working in a lab or you will be lost.
Pros
Meet good people, good hours
Cons
Terrible supervisors, no training

Want to know more about Sunrise Medical Laboratories?

Ask a question
If there's more than one bad review believe it !!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2016
I wish I could give 0 stars. Management does not appreciate their employees. The real authority comes from what the account rep say. There are supervisors that are hard to work with and management will support that before supporting right and wrong. This place is truly high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
Forced to take lunch that you don't get, rude supervisor, nasty co workers.
Reference Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 31, 2016
Really learned a lot from them my 7 years of working there.I had a great relationship with my coworkers, & it made coming into work a lot better.
great company horrible pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 26, 2016
for the work you put out, what you gain is not equivalent. breaks and time off are minimal. the only place to make money with Sunrise is sales.
Good Company
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 30, 2016
Very supportive off their employess, great environment to work. Great location to be in. Overall good company to work for.
over worked & under paid
employee (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day is work as hard as you can, and not be appreciated for it. You will learn alot considering your training is learn by making a mistake. No matter how much you learn you will not get a raise that shows it, 21 cents is not a raise it is an insult. Human resources is a joke. The employee turn over is constant. The only people that stay are the one that were there before Sonic took over the company. When you see a company that consistently has ads for employment, it is not because it is growing, it is because they cannot keep their employees. Morality is low.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
you work here
Very bad
csr (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 28, 2015
This lab will do anything to keep client happy even breaking hippa and Clia laws.
If you complain they throw you out

HR is a joke

Run run run don't work their
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
fun
Pre-Analytical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 20, 2015
Little room to advance, culture is stable. hours of work a little tough, but manageable.great starter laboratories job, and experience
;
Client Service Rep/ Processor (Former Employee) –  chantilly vaJuly 13, 2015
Duties: Answer multiple phone line system, problem solving\ Issue resolution, provide test information and pricing, receive and dispatch couriers for pick- ups\deliveries, processing of specimens and supply orders, assist sales team and administrators with day to day tasks, contribute to overall success with the company, data entry and other office duties as assigned.
very flexible
(SML)-Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  ChantillyJune 17, 2015
very flexible, understanding especially workers with children
family oriented, coworkers work in a friendly group. I need more opportunities which the company does not offer
Detail Oriented and Productive environment
Laboratory Assistant for Cytology (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 27, 2014
• Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment.
• Solve any discrepancy that arises in Department regarding specimen, name changes and communicate with client to ensure client is satisfied.
• Use of Medical Terminology for Patient Diagnosis and Additional Notes.
• File all Biopsies Slides and reports after resulting and archive specimens.
• Maintain Files and Records of all documents processed at the end of day.
• Help with special request from all pathologist and manager.
• Manage upset customers, conflicts and challenging situations
Pros
Always busy 24-7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Medical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Medical Laboratories Reviews by Location