Sunrise Medical Laboratories

Sunrise Medical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Little or no job advancement.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYAugust 3, 2014
Cons: healthcare benefits are expensive. salary is low.
Coworkers enjoy working as a team and making the day more enjoyable.
It's a good job
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYDecember 19, 2013
Pros: job must be perfect.
Cons: no food even water in the workplace, no talking while at work.
Fast-paced work everyday/night, management is nice but not fair sometimes, co-workers are friendly and helpful. I learned that one mistake in a laboratory with the specimen (i.e: mis-labelling of the speciment causes life of the patient, money loss of the clients & the company). The hardest part of the job is when several workers are off and there are lots of specimen to be processed on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all specimen were processed early and everything is done so workers can rest before they go home.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), HicksvilleNovember 24, 2013
The pay is horrible. The managers are uninvolved and cold and expect you to have no life outside of work. They do not treat the employees well. The employees are even worse. Their lab practices are horrible, I would never go draw my blood here. And there is no room for growth.
Good company
Floating phlebotomist (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYApril 22, 2013
The company definitely needs some changes. Management is all over the place. The job itself is great,
Sunrise medical Labs
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: poor management, hr is useless
The Sunrise experience varies heavily on what shift and department you are in. I worked Microbiology overnights for some time and loved it. I had a chance to switch to "day side" by going to another department. Bad choice. The manager there is crazy.
Convenient Hours
Pre- Analytical Specialist (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJanuary 11, 2013
Great place for diversity. Learned something new every day that I worked.
Review
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: patients would recieve results in a timely fashion.
Cons: production is of a factory assembly line.
a typical day of work is all about the number of specimens processed. management is weak. most of the employees are unhappy. there are no set moral or incentive programs in place. people working there are understandably over stressed and frustrated. the hardest part of the job is dealing with supervisors who are having their own jobs threatened who have become moody. some have come to the point that they enjoy keeping their employees down. I wish I had something to write about most enjoyable, but I can't even say the paycheck was.