Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

its a good place to work at andi get a free lunch everytime i work.
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: I get free lunch sometimes. Its up to the cook if they make a lot of food then then i get free food
Cons: some of my co-workers aren't really nice and don't do their jobs
I start work at 11:15 AM and when i go in the first thing i do is take the trash out. After i do that i clean all the dishes and get ready for lunch. I test the dishwasher to see if its the the right temperature. I then change the dish water out and fill the sink up with new. I really didn't learn anything i knew most the stuff already. My co-workers are nice to me and help with the dishes and ask if i want to hang or go to party's. The job isn't really hard for me i understand the job and was a dishwasher at a hospital. The job is really fun i enjoy everything about the job and my co-workers.
Difficult to fix broken
Executive (Former Employee), Charlotte areaAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Pretty location.
Cons: Does not follow it's own policy and procedures.
This may well have been one of the biggest errors in judgement I made in a career move.
Painful interview process. Unable to provide adequate staffing and care because of rate debates. It is impossible to take care of people without staff to take care of them. The program is designed to keep the most alert and cognitively intact folks in the Assisted Living, and transition the folks that need more assistance to the Memory Care Unit. However, there is no support given when those tough choices have to be made and the corporate / regional leaders don't want to make waves with the families. So you can never move the facility to the level it was intended to function and provide a truly inviting Assisted Living environment.
Excellent work experience and pleasant employees
Housekeeping & Maintenance (Current Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Opportunities in the company
Cons: Nothing
Working with the residents makes life worth living. Although some may be difficult to work with, the help you provide them with goes a long way.
Always sunny at Sunrise
Care Manger (Current Employee), Erie, PAJuly 31, 2015
Typical day at work involves, being on time, having a smile on your face and ready to attend to the needs on the residents.Always learn something knew everyday. The most difficult i see in workplace is team work and communication throughout whole building. I love what i do , spending each and every day with these people and getting to know them and knowing that i can help with certain needs.
Great place to work...if you get the right facility
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Rocky River, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: decent pay, clean facilities, opportunity for advancement
Cons: expensive benefit package, management not consistent from home to home
Sunrise Senior Living is a great company to work for....provided you get a facility with a good executive director. The only problem is if you need health benefits, Sunrise has the highest insurance costs I have ever seen. If you enjoy working with the elderly and especially interacting with them socially, it's a great place to work. They encourage interaction with residents to give the facility a more "homelike" feel. However, if you have a bad ED...forget it. The ED can make your job miserable.
great job
Care Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2015
this was a fun job always on your feet. i love the residents i had great times with the residents they were encouraging and so pleasant at times i will miss them
Great team members, great residents
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 28, 2015
Sunrise is a great place to work. I enjoyed getting to know the residents and take pride in giving them the care they deserve. Great management that care about us as care givers.
Unorganized and bad management!
Medication Aide / CNA (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Loved the residents
Cons: To many to mention
Very unorganized place to work. Had little to no training. They just through me on a med cart to pass meds. Med room way a huge mess they had meds to be returned to pharmacy or to be displayed just thrown on the counter and sat there for weeks! I loved taking care of the residents but had horrible management. They just brushed problems aside. With all my experience it was my lowest paying job in NE!
Great co-workers but poor management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, MNJuly 27, 2015
Always amazing and fun to be around the residents. Company has great benefits. I felt like the management always assumed the worst intentions.
Way to much Turnover
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee), Playa Vista, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Working as a team was great and towards a real purpose.
Cons: The job was never done, there isn't a time away from work as a manager.
Not all locations are the same but we had 5 different directors, 5 different HR/Business Coordinators, and significant turnover in other management positions all within two years. Training is stressed but finding continuity with leadership was impossible. The daily grind evaporated much of the local impetus for training and the culture suffered as a result. They have a great deal of trials ahead of them.
Sunrise
Personal Care Manager (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 23, 2015
my typical day at work consist of the following

•Assist in daily living and hygiene tasks including dressing, feeding, nail trimming and the like
Interesting place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 20, 2015
Stressful company to work for. Environment is unhealthy. ED's are always covering themselves instead making it a peaceful place to work.
Great place to work.
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee), Barrington, ILJuly 20, 2015
Like working with the residents to help them when they are unable to help themselves. I work with some great care managers.
This is a very good company that is very secure and has good benifits
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Oriented, Good Team Work, and Polite Team Members
Cons: None
Assisting residents with daily activities
Transferring patients, passing medicine, and wound care
Very organized and recognizing of employees
Helpful and supportive
Being very patient for residents
Satisfying residents by doing my job with my best efforts
Overall I love my job but I want to utize my skills for my degree
Medication Care Mananger (Current Employee), Exton, PaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Commpassionate Care
Cons: Favoritism
I love that I can put a smile on my residents faces each day I come in and make a difference in their last years of life. It takes a special person to take care of these people. The hardest part is watching them decline and trying to help the family members cope with the changes of their loved ones.

I have learned a lot about different diagnoses and the medications used to treat them.

A typical day at work is nonstop because their is always something going on.
Not a professional organization to work for
Reminiscence Coordinator (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Overwork and underpaid
Sunrise is not an organize company. Each position including management is overworked and underpaid. A typical day for me as a manager was coming in at 7 am and leaving at 7 pm. Co-workers was not committed and management did not have support from corporate. The hardest part of my day was doing 5 jobs to include care giving, dining, housekeeping, activities, and actually managing the community. The most enjoyable part of my day was being with the residents.
Snunrise was a very interesting place to work.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Fair Oaks, CAJuly 13, 2015
When you are a care manager everyday is a new day. I loved my residents that i cared for. Management were always too busy for you to talk to them, or for them to help you with anything.
Productive busy fun day
Care Manager/Med-Tec (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2015
Fast pace environment to work at. Co-workers are great, loved my clients. Clients are very loving and caring. I loved working with family, they made you feel right at home.
rewardiing.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 9, 2015
The most rewarding part of a being a CNA, is being able to provide care to the client. the satisfaction of knowing that you have executed your job to the best of your ability and that the client and company are pleased with your work
great place to work.
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2015
Management is great, co-workers work together, different cultures and loved learning about it. Hardest part of job is when you work 16 hours straight. but wouldn't change a thing.:)
Headquarters