Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

I loved working here.
Assisted Living Care Manager (Former Employee), Cascade, MIMay 26, 2015
The residents are wonderful. I loved all of the activities during the day and the places that I was able to go with the residents were amazing. It was a shame to leave.
Asking way too much for too little pay
Care Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: none really
Cons: always up and running around. Get a strong deodorant and excellent jogging shoes.
Typical day at work? Doesn't exist everyday is different but please expect lots of cleaning, lots of activities, lots of lifting, and lots of changing/transfers.

Basic CNA skills. Multitasking.

Not the best management.

Co-workers...sometimes you wonder how some people were hired.

Hardest part of the job is the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is coming into work and seeing someone(patient/resident) who missed you and needs you and appreciates everything you do for them.
Calm and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Gave us snacks.
Cons: Didn't really have a break.
At Sunrise it was really peaceful. Everyone was kind to each other and always greeted each other. The hardest part of the job was remembering some of the residents names. The most enjoyable part was when I got to do trivia with the residents because they taught me some stuff that I didn't know. I didn't have much co-workers but I got along with them well.
Unorganized, Management is extremely disrespectful, No opportunity for advancement, Negative work environment
Care Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMay 14, 2015
Sunrise Senior Living of Rochester, MI is an absolute joke, the management does not even know the resident's names. They are extremely disrespectful towards staff and sometimes even residents. The Reminiscence floor is completely unorganized, they are always short staffed and always get the short end of the stick. Staff members get away with being disrespectful to residents because they are so in need of staff they will hire any and everyone. Residents who are incontinent are only changed once a day, there is never any actual deep cleaning. The pay is terrible for what you have to endure on a daily basis, they also promise you a raise after 90 days which never happens. The coordinators could care less about the staff having issues especially when it is after regular office hours.
Excellent work environment
Lead Care Manager/Med. Manger/LVN (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 4, 2015
Great place to work. All employees show team work. Great learning environment. Great benefits! Very friendly work place.
Productive and fun place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Palos Park, ILApril 30, 2015
The employees and management was very helpful. Nice place to work. I love helping the elderly. I recommend anyone is looking for a good environment to look into this facility.
Not your typical assisted living
Caregiver ∈ Wellness Nurse ∈ Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Playa Vista, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Out of the box
Cons: No cure for dementia
Sunrise is so out of the box and innovative, that's what I love about them, they know that no two people are a like and what works for one may not work for another, so they are very creative and open minded, and always are open for new ideas and input to help make the day to day lives for the staff and residents better.
Independence a big plus
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Shoreline, WAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Independent working conditions, great clients and co-workers
Cons: No possibility for advancement, no COLI - couldn't keep up with living expenses
Nice to be able to work independently and not be tied to a desk. Generally supportive management and positive coworkers a big bonus. Great clients. Enjoyed working with clients and maintaining contact with all related individuals.

Reports, plan-and-progress report-writing not a problem for someone with a teaching background (as I had, writing IEPs and the like), but little training along those lines if you didn't have the background.

Quite a bit of driving and so you have to count on car maintenance expenses in addition to fill-ups.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK ! If you love others
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHApril 16, 2015
Productive , joyful workplace Where everyone cares about our residents. SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO GET OTHER COWORKERS TO WORK TOGETHER , THIS IS UNFORTUNATE. I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO BE AN AMAZING LOVING CARE GIVER AS WELL AS MANY FACTS ABOUT AGING AND DEMENTIA ALHEIMERS DISEASE
I enjoyed how every day was different
Care Manager / Med Care Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Learned so much from my residents.
Cons: Required to work some holidays
I was a care manager. I helped residents with their daily routines such as dressing, bathing, eating. I cleaned my residents laundry and cleaned their rooms and made beds.
Great place to work!!!
Care Manager ( Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee), Richmond Heights, MOApril 15, 2015
Overall one of the best jobs I have ever had. Great people and also great patients. I have always felt like this place was home even though I had worked for other employers in the past. I would recommend this place to everyone the Nurses are great and always willing to help you with your patients.
Fun workplace with plenty opportunity
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Opportunity
Cons: No benefits
Long workdays, great management, good and bad experiences with co-workers. No benefits great for students and to learn more about work ethics.
okay overallk this compan
ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 11, 2015
i think this company is great about bonuses but not great on how they treat employees at all they allow some to have tattoos and others not to they allow face percings but others not to totally double standers
Fun WorkPlace
Dining Assistant (Former Employee), Rocky River, OHApril 8, 2015
I thought that every time I would go and visit sunrise it would be immaculate and clean on the inside and outside my co workers were extremely helpful and polite
Caring and loving workplace
Server (Current Employee), Cresskill, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free dinner
Cons: Hard to find coverage
A typical day of working here is great. Not only do you spend a lot of time with elderly residents, but you eventually treat them as your own grandparents. I get along with my co-workers great because this job is all about teamwork. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to some residents because unfortunately , passing away of residents come often. The best part of the job is seeing the smiles of residents.
Has become a negative work environment.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 7, 2015
CONSTANT TURNOVER IN MANAGEMENT, INADEQUATE STAFFING, LOW MORALE. Choice of health plan limited to one unsatisfactory provider.
Not a good place to work
Assisting the elderly (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2015
I wouldn't recommend this company and this home to family and friends.The management is continuously changing,and employees are as well.
n/a
Concierge (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 3, 2015
not recommended for someone who need a career or a long term goal with a healthcare facility that's the most i can tell right now
Horrible place to work or have a loved one live...
Medication Care Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COApril 2, 2015
Sunrise of Westminster, CO. This is the worst place ever! All they care about is $$$. They could care less about the residents or their employees. Sad...
Unprofessional, hostile work environment
Manager (Former Employee), NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Decent wage, residents
Cons: Workplace bullying, lack of support from management
I was so excited to work at Sunrise when I was hired and then I realized from my first week why the company cannot keep good employees. Workplace bullying is rampant, harassment by coworkers and when it is reported higher ups do nothing and then blame the victim for doing something wrong. HR is the worst and refuses to help people. Executive director makes empty promises to whoever had his ear for the moment. Residents' care suffers due to short staffing. Corporate demands full occupancy for the money. They take in residents they cannot care for just for the money. So called nurses are LPN who went to BOCES for 6 months. The hard working, loyal, honest employees get railroaded and burnt out. Sunrise has a good model but the people who work there ruin it unfortunately.

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Salaries

Certified Nursing Assistant
$10.19 per hour

Sunrise Senior Living Photos

Surf & Turf
bueno, son unos operadores trabajando en el empaquetado de dulces.