Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

There is flexibility
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New City, NYDecember 26, 2015
The place is good if you need a second job because of its flexibility.
It is a good place for women or anyone who is still raising children because of its flexibility.
very clean and nice facility to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2015
Loved the facility and the residences. But the management can be poor sometimes with hiring new employees and keeping them.
I learned alot about this corporation!
Lead Care Giver & Medication Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 17, 2015
They have always had alot of trouble with finding good management, they have a large turn over. Very hard labor, for minimal pay and no gratitude!
Pros
I loved working with the elderly!
Cons
Management!
fun workplace
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Palos Park, ILDecember 14, 2015
there are many residents at sunrise. as a caremanger you have to be extremely flexible. there are many challenging task but with team work they are all completed.
Pros
holidays
Wonderful place to work!
Medication Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MADecember 12, 2015
I love Sunrise, it was an excellent place to work! They treat there employees like family. Often give bonuses for the major Holidays, and bonuses based on how long you have stayed with the company. The management is very nice and if you ever have an issue they try to clear it up as quickly as possible. The staff works together as a team to provide the best care. I would love to work there again once a nursing position opens up.
Pros
Nice clean environment
Cons
often understaffed
Volunteer
Companion (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 10, 2015
I volunteer at Sunrise and loved it. This is a Senior home. I enjoyed the interaction with the residents. I usually conducted activities with the residents, such as Bingo. I also attended outings. Staff was pleasant as well.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not many jobs available
Very fast-paced environment
Care Manager/ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 8, 2015
residents were great
love helping elderly people
do fun activities
help and assist with their daily activities
make sure we present a nice and clean environment for residents, visitors, and workers
Pros
great residents who actually care that you are caring for them
benefits
Poor place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 3, 2015
Over worked and under staffed. tons of overtime made but corporate gets angry about the overtime spent. I would not recommend anyone to work there. people are back stabbing and leaders suck
A Day At Sunrise
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakton, VANovember 27, 2015
Working at Sunrise can be enjoyable and challenging place. I make sure the resident are always safe and keep them very active as in playing bingo, have them to use a lot of thinking. The living assistant I work at a lot of resident have memory lost due to Alzheimer's so keeping them thinking is very useful tool. The co-workers are just as fun. Most Importantly you have to be a team player and have open communication towards each other when working in this type of environments due to residents health and safety. Its important to get know each and every resident to gain trust and knowing their needs for daily life living. I love putting a smile on each residents face letting me know I have done my job and was able to help them with their needs. Sometimes working at Sunrise can be challenging due to resident that have angry problems or cant talk and use fighting or throwing things or screaming to get a need met especially when changing a resident that's not mobile he or she might feel embarrassed but getting to know your resident and letting them trust you will make your job much easier. I learned that being an elder and now you need more help then ever can be overwhelming. Not being dependent as you once was can cause so of the reason why some residents act out in anger. The management team is okay sometime they cut hours for no reason. Management say they care about us just as much for all the work we do but to me I think when Holidays come around the bonus are what they are looking forward to then thinking about us Care Managers and Med-Techs because we have family to feed  more... as well. Sometimes we are not able to take our vacation or sick leave due to short on coworkers especially over night shift because no one really wants to do the 11pm-7am shift. Mostly what make me enjoy my job is the residents and some coworkers.  less
Pros
Freindly Faces
Cons
Dont get noticed for your hard work, we should be able to use our vacation and sick leave when ever we need to. Stop cutting our hours, why our beneifts take a year to get. better wages we get pay less then we should
i enjoy this job!
CNA/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Sunrise. I take care of residents mentally and physically. I take care of all their daily needs throughout my shift. I love connecting with the residents and taking care of them. The hardest part of my job is knowing they will not get better and they are their longterm but with amazing staff and care it makes a very good life for them. I help assist feeding, hygiene, and taking vitals.
Assisted Living Facility.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working as a CNA. I felt we were often overworked and underpaid. That aside, the job was rewarding through the patients.
Good company to work for
Business Coord/Interim Reg Bus Mgr (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2015
It was a good company to work for, they recognized my talents and abilities and gave me opportunities for career development.
Pros
promotional opportunities
Cons
unprofessional management at the community level
Friendly environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VANovember 18, 2015
Sunrise is a good place to work for, the environment is friendly and the system is well organized for residents as well as employees.
Great life expirince
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 17, 2015
had a great time working with them learned a lot from them and they showed great leadership in any situation. I give them 5 stars
Productive Workplace
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 16, 2015
Very nice place to work and very organized. A place of employment that you can definitely grow into. I would love to go back if I was to move.
Workplace
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2015
Great company. Work was challenging and accepted. Co-workers needed more training and willingness to work their entire shifts. Enjoyed the residents most of all.
the residence are the reason why i stay at sunrise
Caregiver/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 11, 2015
This was a great experience to begin my career as a new medical assistant. I enjoyed the many residents i dealt with on a daily basis. Just to see them smile and be happy made my day. Unfortunately, I can not grow as a medical assistant at sunrise. I am looking to gain experience at a hospital or doctors office.
Pros
a great experience
Cons
a great experience
Fun Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 8, 2015
I think they do a good Job of taking care of all Seniors, they do have good Aide but they need to understand and help the Aide to as the can and respect them.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 6, 2015
Working at Sunrise Senior Living was a fun place to work. Talking with all of the elder people was a great learning experience.
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MANovember 5, 2015
Healthy, family oriented environment with support for staff and room for advancement. Diverse and accepting of non-traditional lifestyles and identities. Support for education both financially and personally. Worst part is that it is a big, for profit company, which means a tight budget limited staff, and extra paperwork. The best part is that staff, including management, for the most part are here because we care about people and want to help make lives better.
Pros
rewards for hard work and positive attitude
Cons
short staffed often