Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

very productive and positive environment
Server/Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 23, 2017
Working for sunrise was the best company I'Ve ever been. You learn how to work sufficiency in a busy work place . The company treats all the employees very well, and the environment will make you feel like your working with family.
I enjoyed my job
Dining room care manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
I loved my job and my department but other departments weren’t as balanced as mine . Majority of the time a lot of co workers weren’t getting along because no one wanted to work as a team in aiding the residents
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
To many unprofessional actions
ok place to work if you like working with seniors.
Director of Recreation (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 17, 2017
Sunrise as a company tries to treat their employees well. It has been my experience that many folks in charge in Senior care settings are not willing to listen to those who work for them and make decisions independently.
they have their own little club group and they play trivia
Assistant Living Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDOctober 17, 2017
its a fun working place where you interact with the residents. they play games such as bingo arts and crafts. they go out on bus trips they take them out to lunch bunch, shopping taking the residents out to drs appointments. celebrate a residents Birthday cross word puzzles
Pros
working and with residents is a joy helping with differnt activities
Cons
there's no team work with the staffing as far as working together helping each other as a team
Horrible and poor management
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 14, 2017
Probably the worst place anyone can work at. Management is horrible the benefits are minimum and there is no room for growth. The work itself isn't so bad.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJOctober 14, 2017
It was fun to volunteer at Sunrise Senior Living. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get to talk to the seniors and hear about their lives and stories. There was no hard part about the job because it is very easy for me to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Free food provided
Great environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO 80021October 13, 2017
I really enjoyed my residents and felt part of a family. My teammates were wonderful. It was a good feeling to help seniors and rewarding. A job that keeps you busy all day long. Always something to do.
The biggest regret in my career
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marino, CAOctober 13, 2017
Sunrise of San Marino is always understaffed, overworking their employees. Not enough care goes into their residents especially in reminiscence. The pay is horrible $11.25 to start. Duties include laundry,hygiene, showers, activities, setting up the dining room,serve breakfast lunch and dinner , assist with meals and wash dishes before taking them back to the main kitchen downstairs, and of course "rounds" with all of assignments given here it's impossible to provide the care the residents deserve and need. There is no possibility for advancement .
Pros
Providing care to the elderly
Cons
Pay, management, understaffed
Poor workplace culture.
Resident care director (Former Employee) –  Middletown NJOctober 12, 2017
Poor Management. Lack in leadership. No support from Regional. Job is secured if you know how to lie and throw other managers under the bus. Executive Director lacks communication with the department coordinators. People who lie in the community are safe but the ones who speak up are fired and terminated without any proper documentation/action plan in place.
great
Medication Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAOctober 11, 2017
amazing environment to work and
learn new experiences, opportunity of growth and great team building skills. availability to share like experience with well educated and experienced personal
Pros
the best
Cons
not sure
great residents good pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTOctober 11, 2017
Enjoyed working here but there was no opportunities to move up due to the "friend" dynamics. very clean, lots of fun things planned for residents, plenty of staff
Long hours, stressful situations but wonderful team to work with
BUSINESS OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 11, 2017
If you have a passion to work with the older adult population this is the place for you. There are challenges as with any residential facility, however the team around you makes all the difference in the world. I was fortunate enough to have a remarkable team that truly stuck together and pitched in to make it through challenging situations. Management pay is average, however below this level tends to be very low which makes it hard to retain more loyal team members who stay and have fewer call offs.
Pros
Local management team works well together in meeting deadlines and challenges
Cons
Regional support is extremely lacking, survey notes are not taken seriously
hard work but affordable
We call ourselves Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA 91910October 10, 2017
working at sunrise is a great experience. You take classes what you need to learn. Be able to speak with your boss and communicate with them is important at sunrise.
Pros
career opportunities
Cons
no break sometimes
a very pleasant place to work
Care Manager/CNA (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 10, 2017
Sunrise was my most favorite job.The residents were simply amazing. They made it such a home like environment that it was a job i would look forward going to.
Awesome
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIOctober 9, 2017
Great experience from the management and the patients. I've practiced emergency scenarios at Senior Sunrise and learned how to save time efficiently..
Love working with the residents and their families.
Reminiscence Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 9, 2017
I learned many job skills. It has been my home for 11 years, but I am looking for a different career path at this point in my life. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the residents we serve and their families and the hardest is the politics and when management makes changes or decisions that are unpopular with the team. It is still important to give 110% to comply with those changes and decisions.
Pros
Always the residents! I love all of the residents!
Cons
Company Politics
fun work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAOctober 8, 2017
I like working here ,it a family working together,to give the best care to our pt , they are not just pt. they are our family,and we love them as much as there real family do.
Pros
free coffee, tea, soup
Cons
breaks
Very Impressed with the Staff and Managment
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 7, 2017
It was always fun working at sunrise I enjoyed the interaction that I had with each resident. Management was honest and forth coming. Management was always friendly and the residents really enjoyed seeing us there.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
unfair work enviroment
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIOctober 6, 2017
The residents are lovely. But the management and corporate office are unorganized. They do not care for their employees and treat them unfair. The care managers take care of the residents every day needs. They are not appreciated and treated unfairly. The rate of pay is low for all they want the care managers to do. The benefits are unaffordable for the team. The management in the buildings are not there for the team. They literally will leave a shift short and not assist the team. Taking advantage of their power but not caring about their team until there is a complaint. Then they blame the team for everything. I wouldn't recommend anyone to put their family in a Sunrise. The care managers are tired and over worked. They do not receive bonuses, while management will eat lunch off a corporate credit card. And will receive a bonus as long as their not over their budget. When it was Sunrise Assisted Living it was great. Now that its Sunrise Senior Living, its a terrible place for your loved one.
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 6, 2017
-Stressful environment
-Residents are incredible
-Balancing time management with coordinators is rough
-Level of engagement with residents is not as much as I would like
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.