Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Fun and Loving atmosphere
Care Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, MAJune 19, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduale, no uniforms
Cons: laundry overload
I took care of elderly residents. Some were dependent and some needed assistance. My responsibilites included:

Bathing
changing bed linens
laundry
reporting behaviors
documentation

Management was great. They always were around if you needed anything. They also provided suggestions and always cared about your situation.

My co-workers were great to work with as well. A very diverse community but we all worked together as a team and got the job done.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the residents behaviors. They can get very combative or angry at times and you have to stay professional.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the residents who were completely dependent on us and wheelchair bound.
such a pleasent place to work
Medication Care Manager (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJune 17, 2015
I really really enjoyed working at sunrise! it was a home environment and I looked forward to coming to work daily. residents were amazing!! my only complaint would be management, I felt like they cared more about $ rather then the resident themselves.

I stopped working here after I went on maternity leave, but decided not to go back because of an incident of feeling like I was being discriminated again because of my pregnancy. so there are certain individuals I refuse to work with again.... but in a heart beat I would definitely work for sunrise again. I miss my awesome residents.
Nice opportunity to learn about assisted living
Executive Director (Former Employee), Shaker Heights, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to learn about assistedl living industry
Cons: Questionable practices by CEO after company became public
Nice culture initially however much changed when growth was accelerated and cash flow became and issue. Worked and immense amount of hours typically with no off days during the week operating a challenged property in NE Ohio. Learned a great deal from the Regional Team however turnover was high in this company. Eventually founder and CEO had to step down due to SEC Violations as this company become public and stock earnings were overstated for several years
Right idea but management out to cya
Executive Director (Former Employee), Dresher, PAJune 16, 2015
tense work environment. staff underpaid and overworked. investors more concerned with their 20% return, while executives continually turn management to protect their 6 figure incomes.
THIS COMPANY SUCKS
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee), EDISION NJJune 15, 2015
Pros: ITS A JOB
Cons: EVERYTHING
HORRIBLE WORKING CONDTIONS. DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR WORKERS AT ALL. VERY DISRESPECTFUL. NEVER HAVE THE CORRECT SUPPLIES TO PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF THE RESIDENTS.
Diverse workplace with Residents and Care Managers from many cultures.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: More than one resident in one shift
Cons: expensive healthcare, not being able to take time off due to lack of staffing
I enjoyed my residents and I enjoyed learning new skills to better care for my residents. The hardest part was not being listened to by your Supervisors. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smile on your residents face when they saw you and told you how they missed you. Most of my co workers were team players and helped a lot.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJune 11, 2015
the golden valley location was severally understaffed. Management changed hands a lot with in one year.
Many of the residents complained about food and the abcense of care staff.
Good job
Care Manager (Former Employee), Poland, OHJune 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at this facility because I enjoy working with seniors. I enjoyed assisting seniors with their daily activities.
Difficult, But rewarding
Activities and Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee), Leesburg, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Working as a leaison for families and residents, being the joy that people have during their day
Cons: lack of administrative staff, Low compensation
Sunrise Sneior Living is a wonderful company that truly cares for the well being of seniors. The Sunrise I was a Manager at was the oldest Sunrise still running. It had 37 residents and the staff and programs were lacking when I got there. While I was there I completly reformed the Activity Program & the building itself. Our building lacked other department heads, so naturally I stepped up. During my time there I worked on the floor with the care manager team, helped serve in the kitchen, took sales calls, gave tours, helped with interviews & hiring paperwork and everything else inbetween. I loved workin hard and for the residents that I served. I was hired at a very low rate and I believe that while I would go above and beyond my role everyday I should have been fairly compensated. Overall I loved being so connected to many different outlooks of the medical community and I enjoyed my time working with Sunrise.
Great team-oriented company
Care Manager (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, great coworkers
Cons: short breaks, low pay
I really enjoy working as a care manager, it's a very fun and inviting place to work. My favorite part about the job are my coworkers and the residents we take care of. We get pretty close to both, so it's always a very "home-y" environment.
Great Experince
Care Manager (Current Employee), Pikesville, MDJune 9, 2015
Pros: Experince
Cons: supervisor
Very Unorganized And The Supervisor Is Very Unprofessional The Business Is Based Of Seniority And Everyone Isn't Treated Equally . Supervisor Never Recognize The Good Deeds Of Her Care Managers
cleaned commercial buildings
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Springfield MOJune 9, 2015
Pros: family company
i cleaned commercial buildings through out the Springfield area with a great group of people to work with and very understanding people to work with
Cordinator is rude and disrespectful.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Park Ridge, ILJune 6, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: Supervisor yells and screams at employees. Unprofessional
Over worked under paid. Management suppose to help out when they are short staff. They don't so more work is placed on the employees. If you get pregnant , they don't care you will be lifting heavy residents. Be prepared to be yelled an screamed at by the Coordinator and talked about to other coworkers. Save yourself all the Sunrise are the same. If management don't like you. Say good bye to your job. Unprofessional from management to lead care managers. 8 women quit in one month including myself.
Productive place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2015
Caring for the elderly. I worked overnights. When I arrived the consumers where asleep. I assisted the with going to the restroom at night, changings, feedings, and getting dressed in the mornings.
Know your management team
Reminiscence Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: untruths told to team memebers
A common workday is completing my supervisors work and making my supervisor look good. I learned what type of manager not to be. Management has cooperate mislead as to who completed the job of running the community.

Most of my co workers knew their jobs and were wonderful to work with. We worked together to ensure that our job task were completed.

The hardest part was seeing my supervisor with the owners as if he had been at work to do his job and completed his tasks.

the most enjoyable was the people we cared for and the learning experiences they left us with from their lives.
Sunrise could appreciate their employees more
Concierge (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIMay 30, 2015
They offer 401K which is a plus. A typical day at work very busy. Management could be better. The hardest part of the job is working short. The most enjoyable part is the residents. I've learned how to do colostomy bags and catheters.
Care Manager (Current Employee), Petaluma, CAMay 30, 2015
Fast paced environment. but rewarding when you are helping others in need.
You are the residents voice, and when they are in need, you are the first person to assist in the problem.
As a job environment got to have great team work skills and customer servise with a little fast paste
Lead Care manager (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: great experience in care, team work and end of life.
Cons: Management, team and family members stress.
From the start you get into a meeting with the coordinator and the previous team of what happen during the day. help resident with bathing, dinner and assistance to bed. From 2 years and 1/2 I learn that there only so much a care giver can do to help the resident after that it is team work and the right tools to help carry out the activities and obstacles that are present in every day. Management was changing constantly from every branch of company from coordinators to executive directors. Team work is a vital part of a successful day at work, loss that and your work quality will go down. The hardest part of the job was to cope with the stress of other care giver. I guess to do small stuff that make a resident know that you care about them, because in the end that all that matters.
I loved working here.
Assisted Living Care Manager (Former Employee), Cascade, MIMay 26, 2015
The residents are wonderful. I loved all of the activities during the day and the places that I was able to go with the residents were amazing. It was a shame to leave.
Asking way too much for too little pay
Care Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: none really
Cons: always up and running around. Get a strong deodorant and excellent jogging shoes.
Typical day at work? Doesn't exist everyday is different but please expect lots of cleaning, lots of activities, lots of lifting, and lots of changing/transfers.

Basic CNA skills. Multitasking.

Not the best management.

Co-workers...sometimes you wonder how some people were hired.

Hardest part of the job is the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is coming into work and seeing someone(patient/resident) who missed you and needs you and appreciates everything you do for them.

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Salaries

Server
$9.72 per hour

Sunrise Senior Living Photos

Surf & Turf
bueno, son unos operadores trabajando en el empaquetado de dulces.