Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

Working @ Sunrise
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 25, 2016
let me tell you now they overwork you for the pay that your getting. and the pay isn't even worth it. bosses are a**holes, coworkers have bad attitudes. its really the team not the people who live there. they'll put all the work on you, wont help you with anything & leave work for the next person when there suppose to do it, WOULD NOT WORK HERE
Beautiful Building, Wonderful Residents, Good Team!
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2016
I loved working with the Team and the Residents. The experience gained from Sunrise is priceless I was able to apply it to my personal life when my Mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's and Dementia. I loved speaking with the families of our Residents and helping them work through the challenges of the needs of their loved one. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in one day to complete expectations. Management was very family oriented when I first started with the company up until 2013 and then new management and new owners came. Change is good but can be challenging. The best part of the job is that when you go home you know that you have helped many people and that is the greatest reward.
Pros
Job experience, training, Networking
Cons
Work load
Horrible corporation, dont work here!
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Unfair wages, being worked to death, un fit management. Upper management will do anything to keep beds full even if it means admitting people who NEED and deserve higher levels of care. Will hire anyone! Turn over rate is insane and it's always under staffed. Seriously the most difficult job I've had, if you want to do a good job you will run yourself ragged. Do not work there. Plus there is apparently hr people whose job it is to make sure sunrise keeps a good reputation, so who knows if anyone will even see this!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Low pay, no respect, inadequate care for residents
Bad Move
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 26, 2016
You do not want to enter the building, they are very unprofessional and your thoughts means nothing. If the client says something about you they believe the client without confronting you on the issue
Pros
Possible learning if you deal strictly with the clients
Cons
Unprofessionalism in its highest form
Hard work but worth it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 20, 2016
I worked with end stage Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. Would take care of their daily needs. I worked the overnight shifts so I would make sure patients were safe threw out the night. It was a diverse group of people and management changed often.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
poor pay
Great place.
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 21, 2016
Im a former employee. The management staff was pretty poor when I started and by the time I left, we had all new management and things had finally turned around. Wendy has done such a great job turning that building around as well as the employees. I miss all of my residents, but thankful I will still get to see them once a week:)
Pros
Fun kitchen staff, never a dull moment, created great food
Cons
Communication lacked sometimes
Overall great benefits and okay pay rate.
Supervisor, Activities Assistant, Med Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 6, 2016
I have worked for this company for a little over 3 years and everyday I look forward to getting to spend quality time with the Residents that I care for. The benefits that they offer you are great and affordable. I will say that it is on the difficult side to advance in the company once you have reached a certain point but overall a great company to work for.
Pros
benefits and flexable schedueling
Cons
Slow advancement
Sunrise Corp. undermines the ability of their highly educated, skilled, and experience employees
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with Senior Citizens in aiding for their health and wellness being. The management made the minorities feel very uncomfortable and unease. they undermined and overlook the skills and abilities of minority employees even though some of the minority employees were highly qualified then management.
Pros
Enjoyed working with senior citizens.
Cons
No advancements for minorities with higher education and qualifications.
good place to work, lots of history to learn by listening to the patients.
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2016
It was a lerning experience, but it does take a toll, you must be very understanding of the requeriments of being a caregiver to the patients, you must be in it heart and soul,
Pros
You learn History from the source
Cons
Emotionally draining
great environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 26, 2016
Typical work day at Sunrise is joyful. Residents are very sweet and understanding of time management when it comes to care. Co workers are always willing to help eachother. Hardest part is not smiling or laughing for the whole 8 hours!!
I will like to make great things with member of my team
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 21, 2016
I like this company because I like cooking for the elderly. I work in Goodwin House Alexandria a place to be and I cook a lot in the Hotel for elderly too. They love my cooking. Sunrise Residents will also enjoy my services.
Good Enviroment, Good Team
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 23, 2016
Working at this facility has wonderful residents and have good team work. The management has been fair for everyone. The consistency of working here made me develop strong bonds with the residents and family as well.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Short of staffs at times
The residents are great!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
I only gave it five stars so my review will be read! Management is very unprofessional. It's hard to take care of residents properly when you have to rush or spend unnecessary time cleaning tables or putting away dishes. Terrible place to work, I cry everyday I leave work praying for another job! The staff is lazy & rude. Don't send your loved ones to sunrise of Stamford
Management is amazing!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 27, 2016
Great pay, great management, willing to work with school schedules, very flexible, residents are amazing, environment is refreshing, team members are very dependable.
Pros
Constantly busy, but not overwhelming
Cons
dont always get a break, lunches are only 30 mins
I love this job.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 21, 2016
This job is an amazing place to work the people are caring and the residents are the nicest people you'll ever met. The pay was decent not the best for the work you do. But the environment making up for that. I would love to go back but the company change a lot of things.
Pros
EVERYTHING!
Cons
Pay
concierge
I am good with people and a good worker (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the residents and my co worker. I worked full time I am retired and want to work part time. I handled all the incoming mail, did a lot of computer work, heavy phones and working with the residents.
Pros
Beautiful place
Cons
The management was terrible
very good place
managerment (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 10, 2016
Monday- Saturday.. I was learned about good take care health.
The Sunrise Tae Kwon Do.. management was very good... Their co-workers was very nice and take care each others...The most hardest part of the job was I have to working at the weekend.
The most enjoyable part of the job was, I can learned Ta eKwon Do sports.
Not a great place to work.
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 28, 2016
The staff was abused by management. Always worked short. They company only started workers off at $9.00 an hour. Insurance cost was to high. The company was driven by money and did not take care of the emplyees
its a gateway job
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 23, 2016
I work first shift so the mornig is very hectic. Alot of residents want to get up at the same tie and that consist of alot of team effort. I've leaned patience because majority of my residents have memory loss.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management
The environment is good
Reminiscence Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 20, 2016
There is a routine that almost never changes so it gets boring at times but people are nice to interact with. If you are kind to people, they will be kind to you.
Pros
people get along well
Cons
There are some rotten apples

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews by Location