Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 6, 2017
-Stressful environment
-Residents are incredible
-Balancing time management with coordinators is rough
-Level of engagement with residents is not as much as I would like
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
It's worth the time
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 5, 2017
All overall facility is clean, however limited diversity.The benefit could be better, only full time staffs get benefit and accrued hours. The benefit is very costly. I would not recommend sunrise as a secure long term job.
They have activity for residents and sometime family members
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJOctober 5, 2017
punch in make sure you have every thing you need for the day. clean common area feed fish take dog out. clean resident rooms talk with resident and choose your words wisely. And if you are needed somewhere else in the building you put your cart away so resident can not get a whole of chemicals and never leave your cart unintended.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
short day
Good job to work at. bad part no advancement
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 5, 2017
I loved working at Sunrise. thought I would actually retire there.Loved the residents always had interesting stories to tell. work place in general lack of staff meant work a lot of hours .The hardest part of the job I would have to say is taking on more residents then assigned in one day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents and knowing that you are assisting them with their needs . you really have to have a good heart and caring soul for this job. Over all in my opinion I loved it
Sun set
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bon Air, VAOctober 5, 2017
This place is an overall MESS! Management just got fired! Glad I left . Typical work day was unorganized and it had no balance. The culture and vibes from other workers were okay, but it could've been better. Residents were treated poorly and was paying for stuff they were not getting!
Sunrise
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 4, 2017
The staff was always concerned with the resident's welfare. I oversaw the care manager's schedules, daily assignments and resident's monthly assessments and daily needs.
Pros
I worked with a committed and devoted team
Cons
At times the management team was disorganized.
A one
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2017
Again co workers helping out is a plus for my ,besides it get the job dine faster if everyone is on the same page ,an come do there job,RN ,they are the best of what they do,an they help the CNA out as much as tey can,no complains from me.
Pros
Fine
Cons
Its all about how you make your job work for you
Awesome
Lead Server/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 4, 2017
I love place great staff and awesome resident make job fun.I been there for long time came in part time and was making cool change got my promotion last year as dinning room server.
Very excited place to work.
Cook/Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 2, 2017
The company was very good place to work but the company was taken over by new management and we didn't receive the benefits we had with Sunrise went away.
Horrible place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILSeptember 30, 2017
The management was AWFUL! Managers treats their workers unfair. The supervisors base the work of the care givers on personal feelings rather than work effort. Base the schedules on favorites of the supervisor choosing verses letting employees know when their schedule has been changed the same day or day after.
Pros
Residents
nursing home
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2017
this was a great job the residents have so much to tell you and when you are a supervisor over at least 20 employees you got to have patience and know how to listen it important to be able to save lives and help people who can`t help themselves
Pros
vacation pay medical ins parties bonuses training once a month
Cons
sometime you had to deal with consist change
A starting in healthcare job
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 29, 2017
They don't pay that much but I enjoyed working there. The patients made my day and I was happy going in every time to work. I was in Pharmacy Tech school while working there and when I graduated it was very sad to leave but I had o go learn new things in my life.
Pros
Very low pay rate
Cons
Good place and people
Good setting
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Even though we love to help seniors and assist with all activities.Sometimes it can be a dangerous and sad place to work since some resident suddenly can pass on and some residents abuse residents as well due to their illness.
Slow
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 28, 2017
Always finished my work and had to struggle to find things to do to occupy my days at work. It seemed as though management played favorites and let people get away with things that they shouldn't.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Workers formed "Clicks"
Aweful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2017
The staff at Sunrise is not compassionate at all. The place was very dirty very unwelcoming. The staff was very unprofessional and lacked caring for their residents. Just overall not a nice place to work.
Pros
The main entrance ls clean
Cons
The whole facility is terrible
Nice place to work
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 27, 2017
Love the residents! They are the reason we all show up! It's a very fast paced job and always on you're feet. I started as a cook became concierge promoted to lead cook and promoted to Activities Coordinator. Advancement possibilities.
i dont care to write anything about this place i was there years ago and im hoping its different now.
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2017
When i was there , management sucked, they had their favorites. team was good. but when you had a concern there was no support. So why work there. work was not recognized because of their favorites.
I loved it!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 26, 2017
The only problem I had was the distance from my house I love the manager their. She is very friendly but my manager I was working with was kinda didn't let me get a brake. I like fast paced environment though. Wash your hands a lot seniors get sick very easily. Lots of coughing and germs. I know I got sick a lot I have a very week amune system.
Pros
Free food, working with ths elderly, fun friendly employees
Cons
Its in dublin
Management is horrible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 24, 2017
They are mostly focused on themselves and not the well-being of their workers. Some residents are more of a challenge and should be in a different place setting.
It's an okay place to work, and you get a decent payment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Howard County, MDSeptember 23, 2017
Its a good place,with good management they consider their
workers. they offer teaching every month.
when i talk of the typical day really i feel good.For examples,
on Monday we all enjoy going to work,all the residents participate
well in their activities such as,playing bingo,joining walking club,
couple evening dance and playing penny poka. and the most enjoyable part of the job is when they are celebrating birth days and giving awards to the employee of the month.the hardest part is during snowing days ,to work becomes hard because the roads becomes slippery.
Pros
they provide free meals
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.