Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employer Reviews

i love working as a care giver
care manager (Former Employee), playa vista CaJanuary 6, 2015
while providing care and companionship, I learned that every resident/patient is different not one patient needs the exact same care. The hardest part of the job was losing a resident/patient rather they passed away or moved away the bond is different with each resident/patient
Horrible work place
Lead Medication Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked. There is no job security. The management staff is very rude and unorganized.
Working for the elderly
Care Manager (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJanuary 5, 2015
As care manager I was responsible for assisting residents, who suffered with
dementia and/or Alzheimer’s, with daily living tasks such as getting dressed, eating,
doctor's appointments and more. I was appointed Vice President of the safety
committee. Along with assisting residents I had to document any changes or incidents
that occurred during my shift.
productive
care manager (Current Employee), malvern paJanuary 5, 2015
friendly work environment. coworker were good to get along with. management was open and friendly. hardest part of job...there was no hard part.
Avoid this community look elsewhere
Care-giver (Former Employee), Severna Park MarylandDecember 30, 2014
Pros: relationships with residents and families
Cons: hard to advance very far, coordinators really don't care about plight of care-givers...
The reward of working with the residents is amazing!
Pay horrible, the disparity between "higher ups" and care-givers is honestly criminal. Management at least at community level is non-supportive and unrealistic.
Honest Living
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Cresskill, NJDecember 30, 2014
It's a decent job. It can very demanding at time but there are slow periods when you'd be bored with not much to do. The pay isn't the best but it could be a lot worse.
great place to work
Care Giver (Former Employee), PADecember 23, 2014
Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Excellent detailed data entry skills
Able to type 35 words per minute
Excellent book-keeping and organization skills
Beautiful community in great area of country
Activities and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great location... dc area! great trip opportunities for residents.
Cons: not many
I adored this community of Sunrise Senior Living and was quickly promoted to a larger Sunrise Community in the area.
The staff was fabulous and positive and of course our house dog... Thompson... was the sweetest! We had some fabulous family members as well who were very supportive of my activity endeavors and my creativity!
Run for your life!!!!
Care Manager (Former Employee), Cary NcDecember 21, 2014
Cons: everything
The worst place too work. The Executive Director and the coordinators were horrible. Talk to employees like dogs and they wanted care managers to mistreat residents. I wouldn't send my worst enemies here to work!!!!!
Productive day
Caregiver manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: had fun with the residents
Cons: n/a
Made sure patients room where clean, if any fun activities where going on made sure the residents made it to the activities if they wanted too. Also served in the dining to the residents.
Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJDecember 11, 2014
Pros: wonderful people and friendly staff
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work for, I performed accounting functions while managing payroll. I also conducted employee orientation. I did payroll for 200 employees. Due the amount of time and multiple priorities throughout the day, I have to say that any interaction I get to have with my staff and co-workers is a huge plus throughout the day. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting certain task done through out the course of the business day.
friendly co-workers and residents
Care Manager (Former Employee), Highland Park, ILDecember 10, 2014
I would get to work in the mornings read the daily log in regards the residents and help them with there daily living which would be: get them up dress them up, give them a shower, bush teeth, fix their hair, and anything they need to do to start their day and take them down for breakfast. Some residents I would have to help them eat. I would taking them to the restroom and make sure that that were involved and did activities throw out the day.

Co-workers were really nice we always helped each other out. Learned a lot.
Great Job
Care manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 4, 2014
Each day i start by checking my residents. I prepare them for the day ahead. I do Laundry,Personal care, Food preperation, etc. My co-works are amazing. In this feild everybody has to stick together to help eachother.
the hardest part of my job is to keep it clean.
House Keeping Aide (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 30, 2014
I enjoy the elderly talking with them listening to story telling I love it
Productive friendly and pleasant work envirnoment
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee), North Bethesda, MDNovember 26, 2014
Always a busy day never dull moment. You have to think quickly and respond in a timely manner.
Management is ok. Team member work together whenever you need them.
The most difficult part when a resident pass and you get so attached to he/she.
When I put a smile the patients /residents face or take the extra time to listen what the family member have to say.
its good to work here
Care manager (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 17, 2014
feels good to be around elderly people. they all are just adorable.
Excellent care delivery.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 7, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: benefits
Team oriented
well planned day to day activities.
Maintain safety and privacy for residents.
Friendly staffs
Worst experience of my professional career
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Johnson County KSNovember 7, 2014
Pros: helping families and residents
Cons: corportate greed
With over 12 years of experience in this industry I have never been treated in the fashion I was from the 1st week in my position. All 4 locations in the Kansas City Area are ran very poorly. Not enough staff to begin to be able to actually care for the residents. The absolute only thing that the corporation cares about is census,
Work Experience
Administrative Assistant/ Medication Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 7, 2014
Great experience from this job but no form of job growth and sometimes management can be hard to deal with.
Terrible Process
Nurse (Former Employee), IllinoisNovember 5, 2014
Pros: a job during a recession
Cons: see review
Not only does this company require nurses to undergo the typical TB and drug test, criminal check and credit check. They require a Physical where you must get UNDRESSED to be examined by the doctor, have a hearing test, take a vision test on the type of machine they use at the DMV then they sent me to physical therapy where I had to position my legs, arms, bend and stretch in 12 different positions, THEN walk up stairs, lift weights and 50 lb boxes.

After the exam then you must call a 800 number where you must describe the process at the exam center for another 45 minutes. The entire pre-employment exam process takes 4 hours. They require 2 weeks of classroom training at a facility which was a 2 hr drive from my home each way.

The pay is AVERAGE at best, it is NOT just assisted living they have Alz patients so the work load can be heavy, NO union protection for employees and High rates if you want insurance coverage.

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos