Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Very competitive place to work
Care-manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 25, 2015
Sunrise is a very nice place to work. I enjoyed working with the eldery on a daily basis. It gave me another aspect on life and how if works. My co-workers were awesome and were very good at taking care of residents. Management was nice the were very good at listening to employees problems. The hardest part about working at Sunrise was seeing the resident pass away after developing a relationship with them nut the enjoyable part was coming to work knowing that u put a smile on there faces
caring for senior living
Caregiver (Former Employee), Willowbrook, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Bathing
feeding
caring
clothing
an accomplished caregiver who proudly maintains a highly productive job where I can utilize my skills and experience with opportunities for career growth.
Typical day starts very early, before 9AM doesn't end until after 6PM. On-call 24/7, may get up to 3-4 calls a night, even on days off. I learned a lo
Health Care Coordinator, RN (Current Employee), unknownMarch 22, 2015
I learned a lot about Seniors, Alzheimer's disease process, and co-morbidities in the elderly.
Management is very demanding with little recognition of accomplishments.
Co-workers are fine.
Nice place to work
Assisted Living Coordinator (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAMarch 19, 2015
Good place to work, they like to promote within, very rewarding career. Family environment, flexible, Great co-workers and team members. Everybody works so hard and the residents really appreciate all the help.
Nice place to work no growth, lose nursing skills working nights
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Willowbrook, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: nice staff to work with
Cons: insurance high with high deductible, no growth, lose skills as a night nurse, low pay for amount of work
The company is not bad and besides management it has great staff members over night. I don't use any of my nursing skills which I feel I have lost them. Doing more CNA work and cleaning then nursing work. The hardest part is the amount of work and low pay. The best part is the night staff and working with the dementia residents
has a good hospitable working enviroment
Assist residents ADLs, assist residents (Current Employee), Haverford, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: regular free training
Cons: short brakes
it's a very busy place since you take care of senior residents who have different needs and requirements, I have learned to be patient in all that I do, the management is excellent and they re concerned with their workers day to day well being, my co-workers have the best team work hence enabling each individual prosper, the hardest part of the job is that you have to have that calling to work with the seniors keeping in mind their advanced age and change in physical being . you get to understand human development and growth more .
productive , nice
Medication Aide/Lead Care manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 17, 2015
nice place to work.homey atmosphere, people friendly. pet friendly, clean, and smells good. Nice place to have a family member and to work.
Sunrise needs to recognize the care staff much better
sunrise senior living (Current Employee), njMarch 16, 2015
Sunrise has its faults as any other facilities, working with this company has help me to excel further than just being a care giver, as an Assisted living coordinator I have gotten the chance to work with the team and to be a motivator to them. Sunrise need to recognize the care staff and appreciate them for the hard work they do on a daily basis.
The hardest part of the job is trying to convince a resident family that their love ones need more assistance in care and it will be costing them more to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done by the end of the day, having enough hours to share for the staff to work after care plans are generated to avoid cutting staff hours.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORKS IS VERY GOOD. I ANSWER THE PHONE. DESL WITH DIFFERNT PEOPLE AND DIFFERNT EVENTS EVERY DAY WHIC IS GOOD.
Great Residents
CARE MANAGER (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: bout the different backgrounds and experiences residents had.
Cons: short breaks, or sometime no breaks at all.
A typical night at work may consist of a few residents still being awake once i arrive.I will proceed to do rounds to check on the residents that are in bed, Then I tend to the ones that are still awake, I sometimes will sing with them, or watch a tv show with them, read a book, or fix cookies and warm milk for them. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident.
N/A
Concierge (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the residents show you how much they appreciate the service you are giving them.
Everything was Wonderful
Caregiver and Concierge (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: everything
The outings with the seniors were amazing. It was a busy workplace but calming facility to be part of. The relationship with the clients and co-workers made it exciting place to work in.
Job security/advancement aboveaverage
Personal Care Manager (Current Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Entry level, fast paced. Advancement options. People person career. Willing to do some on the job training. Good Benefit package, Including continuing educations reimbursement.
Productive and fun workplace.
Reminiscence Care Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, MOFebruary 28, 2015
Everyone can come together as one to fix issues instead of having conflict. Everyone is genuine ad open to new ideas. The residents are just wonderful.
Fun and productive work place. Opportunities for advancement.
Care Manager (License CNA) (Former Employee), Danville, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free meal when working on a paid holiday. employee discounts on meal tickets.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
Assisting residents with daily grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, dressing/undressing, escorting to daily activities; such as morning exercises or afternoon walks etc. I learned a lot through this company and how to attend to the residents unique needs. What each residents likes and doesn't like and getting to know the names of family members of the residents. The management is good. Schedules are made in advance in the weeks to come. In short; set scheduling for full/part time employees. They do offer on call positions. Everyone is super friendly and helpful, especially when you are new. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the residents names and what they like and don't like. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to the residents faces.
Company needs to follow their roles in the administration
CARE MANAGER (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 22, 2015
My workplace is very friendly and welcoming with new residents and employees. They have good intention for managing but they need assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the patients are grateful for all their care.
I enjoyed my time there
Activities & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Cove, NYFebruary 22, 2015
I learned a lot while working for this company and I appreciate the opportunity they gave me to move up in the company. My job was challenging at times, but I loved my residents.
good concept
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: they love their residents, and try to do what they can to empower, and embrace their needs, and desires.
Cons: the management is is not very professional
They have a very good concept and I hope when I am older I will be lucky to live in this type of place. Their concept is to build their company around the needs, and desires of the resident, rather than the resident accepting the policies of the company, and this is the best way to help people embrace their old age with dignity, and maintain their respect.
PRODUCTIVE AND A FUN PLACE TO WORK
Nursing Assitant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: got to eat well
Cons: there were no room to grow
MY DAY STARED BY GETTING REPORT FROM THE PREVIOUS STAFF THEN STARTING MY DAY BY GETTING THE RESIDENTS UP AND DRESS FOR BREAKFAST, THEN MAKING THOSE BEDS OF THE ONES WHO COULD,NT DO THERE OWNS.
Energetic and compassionate with elders!
Lead Care Manager/Care Manager (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: gave us bonus checks, holiday and vacation pay, parties
Cons: short breaks, should've gave free lunch
A typical work day at Sunrise for me was providing personal assistance for the residents by feed them, cleaning rooms, washing clothes, doing dishes, and entertained the seniors. What I learned each day was basically how to be more compassionate with seniors and understand their feelings because they do have feelings, rights, and dignity. The management is very well put together and organized and the co-workers work as a great team. The hardest part of the job was leaving late to finish up work with a senior and most enjoyable was listening to the history and stories the seniors tell.
Headquarters