Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 23, 2016
Adl's, transportation, administrative duties, training and supervising. Scheduling and handling of care plans and dinning room services
typical morning
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2016
enjoy working with the resident,talking to them and assisting them,we gwt the resident up and assist them with daily living ,we take them to breakfast,activities,outside and lunch.
Pros
leave on time
Cons
a mess mangernment
fun in workplace
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 20, 2016
i also have experience in medical terminology and work in hospital with med/surg as a REGISTER NURSE in India. i likes to works in medical places.
Pros
free lunces
Cons
healthcare
N/a
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2016
working with demetia residents is an experience that is very knowledgable and rewarding and resident care is very exceptional love every minute of it
Beautiful Building, Wonderful Residents, Good Team!
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2016
I loved working with the Team and the Residents. The experience gained from Sunrise is priceless I was able to apply it to my personal life when my Mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's and Dementia. I loved speaking with the families of our Residents and helping them work through the challenges of the needs of their loved one. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in one day to complete expectations. Management was very family oriented when I first started with the company up until 2013 and then new management and new owners came. Change is good but can be challenging. The best part of the job is that when you go home you know that you have helped many people and that is the greatest reward.
Pros
Job experience, training, Networking
Cons
Work load
A bottle of crazy on the Russian roulette merry-go-round
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2016
Working here can be very rewarding in working with the elderly and the team members, but the understaffed aspect makes the job harder than it has to be. Too many projected activities with no real organization or manpower to fulfill it.

The co-workers who do show up and on time make the time move quickly in a fun way with all the jokes and personal stories. Also, team members are very helpful in completing tasks that are to difficult for one person to carry out and assisting with residents when you get busy yourself.

The upper management in other departments are very helpful and kind when I ask for help or curious about the proper protocol. The lead's attitude is like playing Russian roulette, never know when that "bullet" is going to come for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to bond with the residents and getting to learn their histories or just joking with them about silly things. Sarcasm and old age is the best mixture!
Pros
Helpful team members, fun atmosphere, resident dog, accommodating work schedule
Cons
Understaffed
A place of creativity
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 15, 2016
Working with the geriatric population to help provide a fulfilling and entertaining life with Alzheimer and Dementia residents.
very good place
managerment (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 10, 2016
Monday- Saturday.. I was learned about good take care health.
The Sunrise Tae Kwon Do.. management was very good... Their co-workers was very nice and take care each others...The most hardest part of the job was I have to working at the weekend.
The most enjoyable part of the job was, I can learned Ta eKwon Do sports.
Fast pace
Care manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
fast pace, good people to work with, as usual good place to get you through college. Not a career place. will learn to work with the public and people in need,
fun work place loveing people
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 2, 2016
the management is great, my co-workers are very helpful when help is needed,the hardest part of the day is when its almost over cuz I have to leave and what I learned was to do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
nice people
Cons
healyhcare
good workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed it there cleaning making sure things were clean and sanitized. I would have to double check the rooms to make sure they are all clean and ready for the patients that where going to be staying there. Making them feel at home was the priority there.
Pros
being on time
Cons
double checking rooms
Concierge / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Wonderful staff and residents. Great customer service at all levels. Warm and friendly environment. Guests/residents enjoy their stay. Great care of the residents and activities.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Horrible corporation, dont work here!
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2016
Unfair wages, being worked to death, un fit management. Upper management will do anything to keep beds full even if it means admitting people who NEED and deserve higher levels of care. Will hire anyone! Turn over rate is insane and it's always under staffed. Seriously the most difficult job I've had, if you want to do a good job you will run yourself ragged. Do not work there. Plus there is apparently hr people whose job it is to make sure sunrise keeps a good reputation, so who knows if anyone will even see this!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Low pay, no respect, inadequate care for residents
hjll
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 26, 2016
It is a wonderful career to have. I have been on my job for 15 years now. I love to help other and meet new people and this job give you that option.
Great place.
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 21, 2016
Im a former employee. The management staff was pretty poor when I started and by the time I left, we had all new management and things had finally turned around. Wendy has done such a great job turning that building around as well as the employees. I miss all of my residents, but thankful I will still get to see them once a week:)
Pros
Fun kitchen staff, never a dull moment, created great food
Cons
Communication lacked sometimes
Positive Learning Experience
Group Leader & Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 19, 2016
- Learned How to work hand and hand with various age groups
- Allowed me to express my creativity in various activities
- Learned how to manage large groups
- Great experience with other staff members
nice place to work at,if you going into the medical field
Maintenance Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 14, 2016
I worked in maint. my co workers are great ,you go to training (safety.

management ok,but could be better.

the job itself not hard its the people that make it hard

its the senior citizen that make it enjoyable.
Pros
training
Cons
management
Overall great benefits and okay pay rate.
Supervisor, Activities Assistant, Med Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 6, 2016
I have worked for this company for a little over 3 years and everyday I look forward to getting to spend quality time with the Residents that I care for. The benefits that they offer you are great and affordable. I will say that it is on the difficult side to advance in the company once you have reached a certain point but overall a great company to work for.
Pros
benefits and flexable schedueling
Cons
Slow advancement
Sunrise Corp. undermines the ability of their highly educated, skilled, and experience employees
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with Senior Citizens in aiding for their health and wellness being. The management made the minorities feel very uncomfortable and unease. they undermined and overlook the skills and abilities of minority employees even though some of the minority employees were highly qualified then management.
Pros
Enjoyed working with senior citizens.
Cons
No advancements for minorities with higher education and qualifications.
Sweet, fun and self fulfill
Life Enrichment Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2016
It is a company that does a great job for the elderly population offering them a home mindset with the necessary care, activities and comfort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews by Location