Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

i dont care to write anything about this place i was there years ago and im hoping its different now.
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2017
When i was there , management sucked, they had their favorites. team was good. but when you had a concern there was no support. So why work there. work was not recognized because of their favorites.
I loved it!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 26, 2017
The only problem I had was the distance from my house I love the manager their. She is very friendly but my manager I was working with was kinda didn't let me get a brake. I like fast paced environment though. Wash your hands a lot seniors get sick very easily. Lots of coughing and germs. I know I got sick a lot I have a very week amune system.
Pros
Free food, working with ths elderly, fun friendly employees
Cons
Its in dublin
Management is horrible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 24, 2017
They are mostly focused on themselves and not the well-being of their workers. Some residents are more of a challenge and should be in a different place setting.
It's an okay place to work, and you get a decent payment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Howard County, MDSeptember 23, 2017
Its a good place,with good management they consider their
workers. they offer teaching every month.
when i talk of the typical day really i feel good.For examples,
on Monday we all enjoy going to work,all the residents participate
well in their activities such as,playing bingo,joining walking club,
couple evening dance and playing penny poka. and the most enjoyable part of the job is when they are celebrating birth days and giving awards to the employee of the month.the hardest part is during snowing days ,to work becomes hard because the roads becomes slippery.
Pros
they provide free meals
Cons
health care
Sunrise was a pleasant work place.
lead care manager and medication technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 22, 2017
Sunrise was my first experience in health care area and I enjoyed to provider care to old people. When you help someone who cannot help him or herself, you feel happy to accomplish a great job.
Pros
We daily had a free lunch and dinner with our residents.
Cons
Sometimes we were busy and couldn't have enough break
A great place to work.Balance work place. But employee need more hours to make some money.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Med-Tech (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 20, 2017
During atypical day I focus on the resident and how to deal with their relative.Working with alzemthem patience is not an easy task for someone who'll want to care for somebody love one. It is difficult job.Not withstanding these people need care.What is most interesting is you learn everyday how to deal in a compassionate way to have things done for them.To help them it require love .And it is the love that move me to work in that unity for10yrs.
Enjoy working with this company.But the hours is not what it used to be for me personal.All sunrise need improve on do not relax on employee accumulated hours to them for vacation they be able to pay employee vacation. It is a great place to work. But need to do more for their employee. People need to improve their life so give the employee more some over time and this will help.even there is room to grow.
this was an okay job.
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
the reason i left was because of the journey to work was too much. I really enjoyed working there. I became a supervisor. because of job advancement. If giving the chance i would returned.
Pros
has lunch breaks and became a supervisor.
Cons
night shift not a lot place to go on a break.
It's a nice place to work
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MISeptember 18, 2017
I would recommend people to work at sunrise because it's a nice place to work the patient are loving and so is the staff you would love it, everyone's is like family
Loved my patients, and some of the co workers. Lack of communication between staff and higher up management. Under paid for the amount of quality work
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 16, 2017
Short staffed most days. Loved the staff and the patients. Meaningful work felt good at the end of long days. Needed more help on the floor so every patient could get the attention needed.
Pros
Love the patients
Cons
Low wages
Residents are wonderful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 14, 2017
Its like a senior citizens resort very upscale but aid back. You become attached the residents as if they are your exstended family. very family friendly environment.Not sure
staff to resident ratio is way off
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 14, 2017
I worked second shift, and we had far less employees to care for the same amount of residents. It was a hectic environment which I normally like, but this was out of control.
Assisted living
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 13, 2017
Very busy. Gave showers and toileted residents every 2 hours. Served the residents breakfast and lunch. The day was very productive...Not letting yourself become attached to the residents
Awesome
Caremanager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 12, 2017
The people their at sunrise are really nice and helpful to. The residents are the best they always have something nice to say to you and have cool stories stories to
Nice clean and caring facility.
Volunteer/Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 11, 2017
Assisting with the daily caring need of elderly individuals. Management was knowledgeable. Losing people was never easy to deal with but the satisfaction in helping other was priceless.
Pros
Caring for elderly people
Cons
Loosing people you helped care for.
Productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2017
Due to the number of clients you will take of in 8 hours, you will not have the opportunity to break . Most of the clients need assistance from head to toes. The management is great but the well being of the caregivers is the least of their concerns.
Pros
Goodies sometimes
Cons
Salary, caregivers work conditions.
Not happy
Care Manager; Activities Assistant; LEM; Concierge (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2017
Probably the worst job I have had due to the lack of management. My previous co-worker did not follow the policies and were difficult to work with at times. Some were lazy and put their work onto other people. Outside of that my previous co-workers were all very nice individuals.
Great place to work for the most part
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 10, 2017
Sunrise is a great place to work. They also have room for growth and if you are looking to move up in the company you can. We have a lot of team players at our community and the love shows.
Pros
Laid back attendance, great managers, and friendly co-workers
Cons
pay isn't very good
Good
Care Manager/CNA (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CASeptember 8, 2017
This is a very humbling experience and place to work. If you are looking to get one-on-one human interactions, this is a job worth your time, and the residents really appreciate fun, and friendly care managers.
Helping people
Care Manager for Alzheimer residents (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 8, 2017
Everyone that works there is great. The last ED was able to get us a raise in pay, but not enough. She also spent a lot of money on new furniture that didn't need replacing and could have gone to the Care Managers. It was very hard to hire and keep care Managers due to the low hourly wage. The most stressful part of the job was working short-handed or with a temporary employee that didn't want to do the job. A lot of good Care Managers left to accept better paying employment.
Pros
great people were hired
Cons
low pay
I enjoyed working here
Dining Room Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CASeptember 8, 2017
While working here I developed a great relationship with a lot of the residents. I would see them every day and serve them meals. my duties as an dining room care manager was to make sure the kitchen and dining room was kept clean and organized. I would set up the dining room area properly for every meal. I would also assist the care managers with residents if they needed help. the staff is also very helpful and kind
Pros
good environment, days do go by fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.