Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Good Start
Medication Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Sunrise as a company was great. The only thing I did not like was the constant turn over. During the time I was there, there was about 4 executive directors.
Pros
Good Benefeits
Cons
High turnover
Has changed a lot within 2 years
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work can be very enjoyable for myself and for my residents, doing personal care for them and doing stimulating activities with them is something I always look forward to. I've learned a lot from this company that this is not a way that end of life should be, at first I thought it was because this is what they teach you, but over the months i notice it is a company that is more worried about money then the care of there residents and there daily needs and wants. Working here has changed my life and has made me grow as a person and has me furthering my career doing this line of work, it just has shown me what they really need and want they really want as individuals and what they deserve.
Pros
One on one time
Cons
Management, Corporate
Working with the residents.
CARE MANAGER / HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 21, 2016
Working with the residents on a daily basis was enjoyable and making sure the environment was clean and safe.
caregiving and housekeeping was a big part of my daily routine
working and caring for the residents was my rewards.
Pros
working with the residents.
Cons
overworked and underpaid.
Great place for part time student
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 9, 2016
The place is always clean, the administration is willing to listen to the employees and they do a lot of training. Good for part time students on de health care field. However for care managers is a hard job, people are not willing to help care managers to turn residents and help with giving care. Its a backbreaking job, you are going to go home very sore.
Pros
free coffee, training, free turkey on thanksgiving
Cons
Too hard on the body, a lot of lifting heavy people.
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 12, 2016
I had so much fun working here very clean and neat. Very nice place to work. The staff Is very helpful and they make it u feel like a home like setting. I had a pleasure working here
Used to be a rewarding job, but recently made to look like liars once family moves in and care promised is not delivered.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
Management does not value their employees, very low morale among all employees and all department heads; high turn over rate with staff and residents.

The problem began when new management forgot the Sunrise mission or maybe never bothered to learn it and turned all its attention on sales.
Pros
Getting to know residents and their families, and knowing the difference you're making during their admission process.
Cons
All your hard work is unappreciated, no growth, no raise, no bonus. Several morale and ethical violations.
Poor upper management. Only concerned about profits, not people
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 30, 2016
Upper management is based on nepotism and cronyism with no regard to resident care or employees. Profits over people all day.
Pleasant place to work, I left to further my education.
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 5, 2016
There was constant movement of patients and staff. I learned how to treat elderly people with compassion and treat them as I will want to be treated.
Management was kind of distant, and did not give adequate direction.
Most of co-workers were nice, and when I became supervisor I did well.
The hardest part of the job was when patients passed away.
Frequently, we would laugh and sing around holidays and all would have fun.
Pros
On my floor there was great teamwork.
Cons
When staff would come in late, and speak a different language in front of patients.
Great
Concierge - Saturday only (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJDecember 15, 2016
Beautiful and wonderful place to work! Staff is very nice and the Executive Director is very understanding. I do not have a negative comment about this company!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun nice clean place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYOctober 8, 2016
I like working at Sunrise because I love to help people.i love picking out nice outfit and helping them get dress I always like to do exercise with the residents and get to know them and family better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min break

Want to know more about Sunrise Senior Living?

Ask a question
Horrible
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CANovember 18, 2016
This place is a mess. They don't care about residents or workers all they care about is money. Workers and over worked and underpaid. A lot of cover up done for their own gain.
Pros
Fulltime
Cons
Horrible place to work
Productive and Fast Paced
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this Company because of my love for the health- care field. The enviroment there is very family oriented and I stay busy my entire shift. I loved interacting with the patients as well as their families.
Pros
I enjoyed my time with the patients
Cons
Not enough time with my patients
Not bad
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 11, 2016
definitely was a work in progress environment. very intense workload and unprofessional staffing. it was a good experience, learned many of life lessons while working there
Exhausting for DRCM... understaffed to say the very least. Management is NOT interested in the well being of residents or employees.
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2016
This place is a MESS! I would not recommend this facility to anyone for employment and definitely not for a loved one as a place to spend their last days! There should be a law against places like this!
Invisible Management
Care Mgr (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Management is hardly seen. Resident/family interactions are with Activities Coordinator. Most of the management (ED, ALC, HCC) are always behind closed doors.
Nice workplace
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2017
Everyone is friendly and staff has teamwork and management will work with you they have several locations if you would ever like to transfer its a good job
worthwhile
Server (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDFebruary 10, 2017
i advanced to a leader because of my knowledge and able to adapt and work quickly. Hard work pays off and does not go unnoticed in this company.
Pros
residents
Cons
management
good place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2017
I was enjoying working with sunrise team but I left them because I want to further my education, that was the reason why. they do not take Medical Assistant worker
Loved it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working here. It was beautiful and lively and the care managers and all staff really cared about the residents. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
Friendly and secure environment with wonderful residents.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2016
Very busy place with scheduled activities for residents throughout the day. I learnt that the elderly are an active part of the community and have a lot to give in terms of skills and experiences. The management status during my time at Sunrise Senior Living was average and my co-workers made a good team. The hardest part of my job was losing awesome residents to death after developing strong bonds with them. What I enjoyed most was the part where I get to spend valuable time with the elderly and listen to their stories of lifetime achievements, both professionally and family wise.
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
Too many residents assigned to one caregiver with very little time to give adequate care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews by Location