Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

Sunrise Corp. undermines the ability of their highly educated, skilled, and experience employees
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with Senior Citizens in aiding for their health and wellness being. The management made the minorities feel very uncomfortable and unease. they undermined and overlook the skills and abilities of minority employees even though some of the minority employees were highly qualified then management.
Pros
Enjoyed working with senior citizens.
Cons
No advancements for minorities with higher education and qualifications.
Sweet, fun and self fulfill
Life Enrichment Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2016
It is a company that does a great job for the elderly population offering them a home mindset with the necessary care, activities and comfort.
productive fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAJanuary 31, 2016
its easy, its only hard in the beginning when you are learning how to multitask. It can get hectic if you don't have enough servers but when you do it goes by fast.
Great food culture.
Care/Life enrichment manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Great cpompany to work for and gain experince in cooking different foods. and meetiung different people.from around the world. Chefs are always there to help the cooks.
Responsible at jobs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2016
Responsible for handling all foods,storage and cleaning activities in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complies with federal,state local regulatory procedures regarding food storage, cleaning and preparation
The residents are great!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
I only gave it five stars so my review will be read! Management is very unprofessional. It's hard to take care of residents properly when you have to rush or spend unnecessary time cleaning tables or putting away dishes. Terrible place to work, I cry everyday I leave work praying for another job! The staff is lazy & rude. Don't send your loved ones to sunrise of Stamford
Coordinator
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 22, 2016
I love my job just the insurance is terrible, I pay over $1100/ month for family.Other than that great people, great vision.
Pros
working with seniors, great atmosphere
Cons
health insurance
Productive Workplace
Office Support Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 20, 2016
Eh, it was nice. Everyone I met there were nice and helpful. No complaints that I can think of. There was a pinic in August which was fun.
working for sunrise
Lead Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2016
a typical day working at sunrise is usually a struggle and hard because most of the time we are working short and there is no support from the managing staff. Also sunrise puts a lot of responsibility on the care managers which is overwhelming in my own experience.
Pros
you can grow in the company
Cons
there is no loyalty and its kinda every man for himself
working with residents
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 19, 2016
working at sunrise for 7yrs was a good place to work at because working with residents always put an smile on my face at all times and when i leave my job when it is time to leave i always comnes back with a good attitude the next day of work.
Pros
prepare them for breakfast and lunch, dinner
Cons
also help them play bingo on every sunday.
great work place
Director of Health Care Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2016
staff management, resident health management, admissions and discharges, medication management, pharmacy consultants, drug destruction, medical data entry and various administrative task
Pros
free lunch
Like working with senior
Life Enrichment Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Each day is a new ecperience. The residents keep you on your toes.
I loved the way the team works together. I have more insight on how the elders think and feel.
This Job was very fullfillng
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Assist elderly residents with ADLs. Medication management. House duties, i.e.. kitchen help, dinning assistance, scheduling and supervision of care team.
Fast paced, hard work, non-stop. You live and beathe this job.
Activities And Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is a life experience. One that is eye opening and will change your heart and the way you look at the life of the senior population forever.
The hardest part of the job is losing a wonderful resident. This happens often and is a big part of the job. You care for them until their final days.
Keeping them happy is the teams most important goal. Finding the right team, lifting that team up and keeping them all encouraged is one of the biggest challenges with the management.
Budget cuts on residents food/activities/outings and all around care was disturbing with knowing how much they were all charged to live there. Their rent goes up every year, my budget went down every year. They became family, so it was had to swallow.
It was great, then it was time to go. I gave Sunrise 9 years of my heart.
Pros
health care was good
Cons
charging employees for meals when throwing out tons of food!
loved working with the residents and their families
care manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Worked with Dementia/Alzheimers residents. Woke them up, dressed, clean up. Took them to breakfast help to feed most of them. Changed them and help them with bathroom. Entertained them. I loved each and every one of my residents. Their hugs I looked forward to.
Pros
loving people to work with
Cons
when we lost someone, management was hard to work with.
Loved this place.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2016
I was lucky to work there for more then a year. I have learn so much respect for people that no where else i could learn that. I was able to build up a family so work was not work it was fun.
I love my job
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 3, 2016
I love working at Sunrise Home Health. I would stay there if the pay was better and the health insurance. Its a small company so you really can't move up in your job. The people are like family and very friendly
Pros
friendly and easily job most of the time
Cons
boring at times, insurance is not great at all. The pay is also very low
Good place to be employed
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIDecember 30, 2015
They treat their employees with respect and is a very maintain company. This is a good company to work for. I would refer anyone to work for this company. Very good work enviroment.
productive and with lots fun
customer service / med tech (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 30, 2015
It's usually very fast passed environment , learn something new everyday , management is very hands on and always helpful , great team work.
There is flexibility
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New City, NYDecember 26, 2015
The place is good if you need a second job because of its flexibility.
It is a good place for women or anyone who is still raising children because of its flexibility.

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews by Location