Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

Assisted Living Facility.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working as a CNA. I felt we were often overworked and underpaid. That aside, the job was rewarding through the patients.
Good company to work for
Business Coord/Interim Reg Bus Mgr (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2015
It was a good company to work for, they recognized my talents and abilities and gave me opportunities for career development.
Pros
promotional opportunities
Cons
unprofessional management at the community level
Friendly environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VANovember 18, 2015
Sunrise is a good place to work for, the environment is friendly and the system is well organized for residents as well as employees.
Great life expirince
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 17, 2015
had a great time working with them learned a lot from them and they showed great leadership in any situation. I give them 5 stars
Productive Workplace
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 16, 2015
Very nice place to work and very organized. A place of employment that you can definitely grow into. I would love to go back if I was to move.
Workplace
Lead Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2015
Great company. Work was challenging and accepted. Co-workers needed more training and willingness to work their entire shifts. Enjoyed the residents most of all.
the residence are the reason why i stay at sunrise
Caregiver/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 11, 2015
This was a great experience to begin my career as a new medical assistant. I enjoyed the many residents i dealt with on a daily basis. Just to see them smile and be happy made my day. Unfortunately, I can not grow as a medical assistant at sunrise. I am looking to gain experience at a hospital or doctors office.
Pros
a great experience
Cons
a great experience
Fun Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 8, 2015
I think they do a good Job of taking care of all Seniors, they do have good Aide but they need to understand and help the Aide to as the can and respect them.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 6, 2015
Working at Sunrise Senior Living was a fun place to work. Talking with all of the elder people was a great learning experience.
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MANovember 5, 2015
Healthy, family oriented environment with support for staff and room for advancement. Diverse and accepting of non-traditional lifestyles and identities. Support for education both financially and personally. Worst part is that it is a big, for profit company, which means a tight budget limited staff, and extra paperwork. The best part is that staff, including management, for the most part are here because we care about people and want to help make lives better.
Pros
rewards for hard work and positive attitude
Cons
short staffed often
Wonderful for workers and residents.
Medication Aide/Caregiver/ Third Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at word includes getting up and showering residents that are scheduled for it that day. This is just one example of following the care plan. My managers were great and would even get on the floor and help us if we had any call outs I learned how to use all types of lifts such as a hoyer and sit to stand. Transferring wieight using sliding boards or gait belts. My most ejoyable part of that job was my residents and taking them to activities and watching them participate. The hardest part of the job was post mortem care.
Pros
Great management and schedule
Cons
Their benefits package
Great work environment. Excellent employees and managers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Holladay, UTNovember 4, 2015
Sunrise is a great company to work for and with. I have been well trained by managers and staff to be able to complete my job requirements. I work a 12 hour graveyard shift, providing safety and security services for senior residents and their families. It can be difficult when residents you have come to know have a severe injury or even pass on. I enjoy the interaction with residents and staff.
Pros
Fun environment, works for my schedule
Cons
Graveyard shift
Nice community
care manager (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDNovember 2, 2015
This particular community was nicely managed during my employment. The care managers were very knowledgeable in policy and detail oriented when it came to residential care. The environment made it very easy to ask questions if you had any concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job were the residents. You may end up with not a lot of hours which makes it easier to maintain a second job schedule, management does take your personal schedule into account. All departments were nicely coordinated.
Pros
residents were enjoyable, good management, great organization
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 2, 2015
Daily living assisting, bathing, grooming, nails, food shopping, going on trips with my patients making bed, doing activity and feeding
Good workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 1, 2015
The working environment is very friendly. Ability to grow with the company in multiple departments. Many opportunities for raises and bonuses.
I have to stay they are my family even though I am no longer work there
Chef (Former Employee) –  Old Tappan, NJOctober 30, 2015
The only thing I have to stay the time I spent there were too little they are very nice people from the management to staff nice people.
Care Manager (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJOctober 30, 2015
Great place to work. Plenty of advancement opportunities. Great co-workers and managerial staff. Very supportive nursing staff.
Very rewarding yet challenging.
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MIOctober 27, 2015
Sunrise Assisted Living was a very rewarding place to work because it was dealing with the elderly. I however, did not get as much of a chance to spend with the residence as I would have liked. My job was to make sure that my staff caring for the residents and their needs correctly. What I learned from this job is that our seniors or precious gifts.
Sunrise
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 24, 2015
I have nothing negative to say about my experience here. Its a fast paced environment but the friendly faces make it worth the extra work. I've gained a lot of knowledge about what it really means to get to know your residents. I've learned many stories and historical facts, more than what school could have taught me. The management is all friendly and helpful and are always there if you have a question or concern. A typical day is getting people up and ready for the day, making sure they are comfortable and have all their needs met. The hardest part of the day is going home, saying goodbye to the residents for the day.
Pros
Satisfying feeling that you made someones day
Cons
Inconvenient hours
Enjoyable and pleasing work environment...
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJOctober 20, 2015
My day starts at 6 am, where I would punch in greet my co-workers and review the daily log, to follow up on over night reports. I would then check my assignment sheet to see what rooms and residents I'm assigned too in order to make preparations to move forward with my day. My co workers and I support each other. We work together as a team making sure all assignments are completed at the end of our shift. The hardest part of my job is to loose a resident, whether they have passed away or moved out of the facility. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to calm down combative residents, reassuring them that I am here to assist them the best that I can. Although my job could be very challenging at times, it also has an enjoyable and pleasing work environment. I love what I do and take pride in doing it.