Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living United States Employee Reviews

Will talk about during interviews
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Dresher, PAOctober 30, 2014
1. Will talk about during interviews
2. Learned a lot about the Sunrise to Culture.
3. Management and communication were a con.
4. Some great co-workers and some not so great co-workers
5. Will talk about during interviews
6.Helping families
Interactions with peers and clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: employee apprecation
Cons: management has poor communication skills
I love working with people! My clients and my staff is my ultimate goal to making sure that they are satisfied and taken care of daily. I strive to ensure that my day runs smoothly, efficiently and affectively.
Not Productivity
Housekeeper (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 22, 2014
I work in a small town in my country that's why the salary is not enough for my daily needs.
great place to work
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), West Chester, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: get friendships, working with elderly people, free food, great schedule
Cons: working diff hours, cooking diff meals a day
typical day at Sunrise was cooking and preparing food for residents. I learned how to work with elderly people. My co worker helped teach me what and how each resident like to have their food prepared
Put Illionis to Work Review
Care Manager (Former Employee), Palos Park, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: learing to work in a marketing field.
Cons: tempoary position
All Recptionist duties that was requirded of me.
I learned how to work with nurses and sales assoicate representatives.
Great Management.
Wonderful co-workers.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in all the diffenent departments.
Fun place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 17, 2014
Loved helping people do things they forget to do themselves. Loved working with the elderly.
resident aide
meds tech (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIOctober 8, 2014
very good company to work for. and need to pay more and they will train you
job review
lead care mgr./med care mgr (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAOctober 6, 2014
my night at work sometime could be easy, sometimes not so easy. i had a lot of responsibility on this shift, management put a lot of trust in me on this shift. some of my team members worked and as team members, others did not. the hardest part of the job, was making sure all the residents were safe at night. the most enjoyable part of my job was when family members thank me for taking excellent care of their love ones.
Fun workplace with cooking
Baking (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Cooking pasta, chicken etc..., cleaning, customer service, baking cookies and cakes for everyone to eat.
Friendly staff
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 29, 2014
Very clean and friendly environment. Worked with a very respected and knowledgeable team of coordinators
Home like atmosphere where we all felt like family.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Bexley, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: it was like home, chances of promotions, benifits
Cons: not enough staff, created a stressful workload, high turn over rates.
Coming into work we greet each other get organized. Go over the care levels and updated information of the shift before. Check daily logs to have knowledge of what took place before your shift and the residents current status. Walking into a residents room they know you by name, smell, voice. theirs a trust respectfulness there. Every Co-worker has assigned residents each day. We dance with our residents and sing with our residents Sunrise was like a second home for those of us that worked there I loved it and my residents and staff.
Direct Support Staff
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), 128 st Miami FL 33177September 25, 2014
Assisted individuals with daily activities such as cooking cleaning getting ready for workshop and outtings. I learned how to care for people other then my family. Each week there are doctors visited individuals must keep and be on time.My Co-Workers was great beacuse we worked as a team.The hardest part of my job was failing at what I knew best. The enjoyable part about my job was to see my patients happy.
I love working with the elderly
Care Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I have the best coworkers, its always fun working with the elderly
Care Manager (Danville)
Care Manager (Former Employee), Danville, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the residents (i had my favorites)
Cons: the management and the staff suck
The Pay Stinks and so does the staffs attitude, if your White and a care manager the latinos and the philipinos all talk a bunch of mess behind your back or in front of you and when you try to let management know that your being harassed at work they don't do smack. So unless you let them know your bi-lingual early they won't talk about you in front of your face and laugh about it like did me, little do they know this white girl speaks 3 languages........
Management was a joke. Team Player Credo Not So at All
Former Employee (Former Employee), Kennebunk MESeptember 19, 2014
Pros: caregivers work hard for the residents they care for.
Cons: find a better run business. management is lacking a lot of qualifications
Very poor management. Lead by example was not shown at all. Management had their little minions to spy on and there was no team work at all. This location was a very unhealthy place to work. You couldn't trust anyone they would lie about you to better one's self. Just so draining and glad to be out of there.

Many care managers sacrificed their time for the Seniors they worked while some were lazy. I saw how dedicated they were and how much I truly enjoyed getting to know the Residents.

The time I spent there was good only knowing I helped the friends I had both in coworkers but residential friends too.

The ED and nurses should be removed and filled with better trained and who have leadership qualifications, not just a title because they lack a lot. Lastly, communication was a joke.
productive clean and fun place to work
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free food and snack allday.
Cons: working with ill and elderly people who were incapacitated
a typical day working at sunrise assisted living was working with assigned patients and assisting them with their assigned duties such as cleaning, bathing, feeding them as well as grooming. The things i learned working with elderly patients was how to assist them with their needs and getting know the feeling of certain patient issues that they had. Management was great because they assisted you with whatever you needed as well as they demonstrated alot of work with patients for you to catch on to. to me there wasnt any hard part about this job because it was something that i liked doing, the most enjoyable part about this job was i that i made alot of patients happy to be where they were at certain times.
wish i could of stayed
care manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: the residents
Cons: the he said she said
i feel that i should of been longer the residents were nice to me some of the employers were friendly
A good place to work to understand where you will be one day
Care Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: beautiful locations and settings
Cons: you get attatched to the residents and it is hard to see them go
This place provides you with the experience of seeing where you will be physically and mentally as you journey through life. This in itself gives you a different perspective on the elderly
Fun place to meet older perons.
Elderly Assistant (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CASeptember 9, 2014
Showed up to help with the older ladies and gentlemen. Learned how important it is to take care of someone. Most joyful part of the job was being able to communicate and get to see how it was back in the older days.
If you work for this company and have a family, continue to look for another job unless you work in the kitchen.
Central Supply Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 8, 2014
If you work for this company, continue to look for another job.

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Salaries

Coordinator
$47,000 per year

Sunrise Senior Living Photos

Surf & Turf
bueno, son unos operadores trabajando en el empaquetado de dulces.