Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 8, 2016
Sunrise is a great company to work for and very professional. I loved working for them, everyone from management down to the staff and even the residents were like a big happy family.
Caring group of people
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 19, 2016
Great team to work on. Caring care managers and supervisors. Everyone is really nice and loves what they do. Clean and great assisted living home.
Needs a lot improvements!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYDecember 5, 2016
If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! On a scale 1-10 and 10 being best I'll give it a 2.5. There is a lot that the company need to do
productive fun place to be
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and enjoyable. I loved working with the elderly and being a helping hand. I learned so many great stories from the residents and also how to knit. Management could've been more organized. The hardest part of the job is when you become attached with a resident then they pass on. Most enjoyable was just working in a place with different residents and wisdom.
Pros
had a chance to interact with the residents for activities
Cons
management
Experience jackpot
Wellness LPN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2016
Working here you get the experience you need or want. Co workers were very helpful to me and it helps because it gets the job done. Clients here majority are friendly and you get a good feeling within you when you see them and recognize and know who you are. When they say thank you and ask about your day it helps.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too far
It was fine while it lasted
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CASeptember 28, 2016
Sunrise is a very successful company and I admire all that I've learned from it but my reason for wanting to leave is just for the simple fact that my heart is no longer there the way it once was.
Hard work but worth it
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 20, 2016
I worked with end stage Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. Would take care of their daily needs. I worked the overnight shifts so I would make sure patients were safe threw out the night. It was a diverse group of people and management changed often.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
poor pay
Trabajo por que me gusta y por que me apasiona
Cuidadora (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRJune 28, 2016
El estar al cuidado de los ancianos. Me ha servido a crecer como ser humano. Es un trabajo que hago con pasión y cada día me gusta aprender sobre este mundo. No le temo aprender. Me gusta mucho darles amor y que ellos sientan que son queridos. El trabajo en compañerismo es algo que aprecio mucho. Me gusta mucho.
Sadly, poor management like so many senior livivg communities
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAAugust 21, 2016
I was a nurse here, management is a joke..nursing, ED and un- credentialed supervisors all talk behind each others backs.. Sad for the residents..
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff looks sloppy in tee shirts and capris
Excellent Place to Work and Grow
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 30, 2016
In a very long career as a nurse, my time spent working at Sunrise Senior Living was by far the best of my career. It was a challenging and very rewarding position. Days can be long and sometimes hard, but in the end well worth the effort. Working with an Executive Director who was open minded and who cared deeply for both the residents and her team made this job such a great experience. The core management team of this community truly lived the Sunrise mission. The hardest part of this job was leaving unexpectedly due to an illness. The best part of this job was the being able to provide exceptional care in a warm and loving environment.
Pros
Great benefits, education and room for advancement
Cons
None.
Enjoyable atmosphere to engage with seniors
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job is getting to participate in activities with the residents and having the autonomy as an employee to create fun on a daily basis.
Good
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 2, 2016
I would work for the company again only because sunrise have different locations and it's a. caring Commuinty in wich I really value their mission statement
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy working with elderly people giving them companionship everyday makes a difference learning all the many thing they have done in their youth
Pros
no weekends
Cons
productive enjoyable friendly staff and residents
Cook (Current Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYMay 31, 2016
A productive and enjoyable facility with activities. The coworkers are
friendly to work with. Learned from menus. Management are great to
work with. Hardest part of the job is seeing a senior passing away,
when you are emotionally attached to that individual. The most
enjoyable part of the job is to go around and ask them how the food
was.
Pros
Variety of foods
Cons
Short breaks
helping others
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 5, 2016
I truly enjoy working with individuals with mental and physical disabilities. The job in it self is very rewarding. I have grown attached to the individuals that i work with
Management is a joke!!
Care Manager/CNA (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2017
My ED when I first started was very friendly, personable, and professional. After a while, her personality began to change. She began to have personal vendettas against some of the care team. She would cut hours of people just because she didn't like them - without any reason to. She played favorites with others, and when she did, it was quite obvious.

The last straw for me was when I had two incidences within two days of stalking by a residents family member, and when I complained about it, I was told that because it was off property, they would not do anything about it. I was told to report it to the police, and when I did that, I was told I was fired for supposedly violating HIPAA, even though legally it was not a violation at all. I walked out, but then got not one, but two harassing phone calls at home asking me to give a statement. I was placed on administrative leave and after two days, quit because of the drama. I won't work for such an unprofessional company, and have since found a new employer and trying to convince close friends to leave and join me also.
Pros
Set schedule and forming close bonds with the residents
Cons
Low pay, high stress, drama, burnout, management
Nice play to start
LVN Nurse/Wellness (Current Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAMay 24, 2016
Sunrise was a nice place to start my Nursing career. They always have a big turn over with employees which I don't feel is a good thing for business. They pay employees a low pay rate which I feel is part of there problem. And also no parking for the employees which is also an issue for them. Over all facility is nice and well maintained.
Pros
nice invorment
Cons
low pay rate, parking issues
Bad Move
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 26, 2016
You do not want to enter the building, they are very unprofessional and your thoughts means nothing. If the client says something about you they believe the client without confronting you on the issue
Pros
Possible learning if you deal strictly with the clients
Cons
Unprofessionalism in its highest form
wonderful place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILSeptember 15, 2016
fun and great environment, fun and loving residents, great stuff, great management, enjoyed working there, all the residents were well taken care of by the caregivers team
good place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  san jose, caOctober 12, 2016
If you like helping and taking care of the elderly this is the right place for you. They help each other at work. All staffs are friendly. Good work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunrise Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Sunrise Senior Living Reviews by Location