Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employee Reviews

Productive community environment
Life Enrichment Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The residents were always engaging and for the most part I enjoyed my time there. I especially enjoyed reminiscing with them about their own lives and family.
Working with the elderly was an absolute blast. Making a difference in peoples life makes you smile at the end of the day.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 16, 2015
My typical day was running activities 4 times a day / discussion groups and exercise programs. I worked side by side with the aides and we all worked together to make a positive difference in both the residents lives as well as their families.

I just love working with the elderly and making a positive difference in their lives!
Pros
Wonderful relationships and friendships that developed.
Cons
non...except when I would lose a loved one.
Its ok
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Its a ok place to work for, they say they are the highest pay in area, they maybe but only like by .25/hour. They really do not care about their employees, only to get the money to come in.
Interestingworkplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  plain field, NjAugust 11, 2015
Everyday on the job was very memorable. Seeing the smiles on the faces of the patients brought joy to me. Working with elderly taught me how how much more important family is to me.
Pros
Bringing joy to elderly
not very friendy environment
certified nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  pasadena caAugust 10, 2015
the co workers don't help you, there's no team work mentallity , there's a in crowd it stick together like kids on a playground , look at there state survey is two star
Pros
i needed a job
Cons
it was full time
Wonderful Experience
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at Sunrise Senior Living was filled with love, laughter, and many different job duties. From making sure the property was pleasing to all five senses to helping a new resident to move in. I learned patience, kindness, and many new skill sets. The hardest part of my job as Director of Sales was prioritizing my day with phones calls, meetings, and external business development. The most enjoyable part of my job was going home everyday knowing that I had helped a family and made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Comission
Cons
possible on call 24/7
A Day at Sunrise
Activities & Volunteer Director (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 5, 2015
-create daily sheets for both neighborhoods
-daily meeting
-lead activities
-creating a monthly calendar
-creating a monthly news letter
-recruiting volunteers
-various computer programs
-managing the front team and giving out assignments
-driving bus
-ability to balance a budget
-maintaining state regulations
-training new hires (I am a member of Sunrise's Job Coach program)
-scheduling / call outs
-auditing
-teaching Sunrise University
Pros
Free lunch on lunch trips
Cons
advancement
Family like work enviroment
Wellness Nurse/LVN (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 4, 2015
Sunrise Senior Living is a great place to work. The residence are great and they have a family atmosphere. At times you do work long hours but it is worth it.
fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was going out in the dining room and talk with the resident and there meals. I enjoy my team we have a good team.
its a good place to work at andi get a free lunch everytime i work.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 2, 2015
I start work at 11:15 AM and when i go in the first thing i do is take the trash out. After i do that i clean all the dishes and get ready for lunch. I test the dishwasher to see if its the the right temperature. I then change the dish water out and fill the sink up with new. I really didn't learn anything i knew most the stuff already. My co-workers are nice to me and help with the dishes and ask if i want to hang or go to party's. The job isn't really hard for me i understand the job and was a dishwasher at a hospital. The job is really fun i enjoy everything about the job and my co-workers.
Pros
I get free lunch sometimes. Its up to the cook if they make a lot of food then then i get free food
Cons
some of my co-workers aren't really nice and don't do their jobs
Difficult to fix broken
Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte areaAugust 2, 2015
This may well have been one of the biggest errors in judgement I made in a career move.
Painful interview process. Unable to provide adequate staffing and care because of rate debates. It is impossible to take care of people without staff to take care of them. The program is designed to keep the most alert and cognitively intact folks in the Assisted Living, and transition the folks that need more assistance to the Memory Care Unit. However, there is no support given when those tough choices have to be made and the corporate / regional leaders don't want to make waves with the families. So you can never move the facility to the level it was intended to function and provide a truly inviting Assisted Living environment.
Pros
Pretty location.
Cons
Does not follow it's own policy and procedures.
Excellent work experience and pleasant employees
Housekeeping & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 1, 2015
Working with the residents makes life worth living. Although some may be difficult to work with, the help you provide them with goes a long way.
Pros
Opportunities in the company
Always sunny at Sunrise
Care Manger (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 31, 2015
Typical day at work involves, being on time, having a smile on your face and ready to attend to the needs on the residents.Always learn something knew everyday. The most difficult i see in workplace is team work and communication throughout whole building. I love what i do , spending each and every day with these people and getting to know them and knowing that i can help with certain needs.
Great place to work...if you get the right facility
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJuly 30, 2015
Sunrise Senior Living is a great company to work for....provided you get a facility with a good executive director. The only problem is if you need health benefits, Sunrise has the highest insurance costs I have ever seen. If you enjoy working with the elderly and especially interacting with them socially, it's a great place to work. They encourage interaction with residents to give the facility a more "homelike" feel. However, if you have a bad ED...forget it. The ED can make your job miserable.
Pros
decent pay, clean facilities, opportunity for advancement
Cons
expensive benefit package, management not consistent from home to home
great job
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2015
this was a fun job always on your feet. i love the residents i had great times with the residents they were encouraging and so pleasant at times i will miss them
Great team members, great residents
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 28, 2015
Sunrise is a great place to work. I enjoyed getting to know the residents and take pride in giving them the care they deserve. Great management that care about us as care givers.
Unorganized and bad management!
Medication Aide / CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2015
Very unorganized place to work. Had little to no training. They just through me on a med cart to pass meds. Med room way a huge mess they had meds to be returned to pharmacy or to be displayed just thrown on the counter and sat there for weeks! I loved taking care of the residents but had horrible management. They just brushed problems aside. With all my experience it was my lowest paying job in NE!
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
To many to mention
Great co-workers but poor management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 27, 2015
Always amazing and fun to be around the residents. Company has great benefits. I felt like the management always assumed the worst intentions.
Way to much Turnover
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJuly 24, 2015
Not all locations are the same but we had 5 different directors, 5 different HR/Business Coordinators, and significant turnover in other management positions all within two years. Training is stressed but finding continuity with leadership was impossible. The daily grind evaporated much of the local impetus for training and the culture suffered as a result. They have a great deal of trials ahead of them.
Pros
Working as a team was great and towards a real purpose.
Cons
The job was never done, there isn't a time away from work as a manager.
Sunrise
Personal Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 23, 2015
my typical day at work consist of the following

•Assist in daily living and hygiene tasks including dressing, feeding, nail trimming and the like