Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living Employer Reviews

Busy and productive working with the elderly
Line Cook (Former Employee), Friendship Heights, MDOctober 11, 2013
• Assisted the cook
• Set tables, bussed tables, washed dishes
• Provided a positive physical and social environment for our residents.
• Communicated effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
• Carried or lifted items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Stood up and moved about in the kitchen
• Handled food objects, products – more... and utensils
• Bend, stoop and kneeled
• Prepared and cook orders for daily operations
• Advised supervisor of low inventory items; assisted in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
• Maintained a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters.
• Assisted by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed. Assisted with other duties as assigned. – less
Wonderful residents, terrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 8, 2013
Pros: in sales you have good pay and benefits
Cons: overworked, no recognition, false values, see review...
I loved my job for 3 years until they were bought out and recently had a change over of management. Although the coordinators and employees are very hard workers and do their best to give the residents the highest quality care, management does not give them the tools or hands on training to provide this. They are also always short staffed. All employees – more... are considered replaceable and it is very hard to move up in a decent amount of time. Regional management will take as much out of you as possible, without compensation or recognition. Care managers are often forced to work doubles. They will not hire enough staff due to "budget" and fire people at the drop of a dime. A year ago I wanted everyone I knew and loved to either work or move into Sunrise but after this last year, I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy. All Sunrise stands for internally is making money..period. Although they preach a lot about their mission statement and how sacred human life is, their actions DO NOT uphold. I thought I had found my career for life. Sadly, I am extremely disappointed and let down by this company. Mostly I am sad for the residents and their families, as well as the Sunrise "pets," which are not taken care of properly and have no consistency in their lives. – less
It a job in general
Care Manager/Medication Tech (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 8, 2013
Longevity, Culture and good pay. Like the people liked the pay just left for something different
sad
Activities & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDOctober 7, 2013
Pros: caring for residents
Cons: co-workers and management does not care
It is no room for advancement. Staff does not treat residents in a professional manner.
learn a lot form the wonderful elderly that live their
Activities and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: outing with residents
Cons: healthcare, some management
Sunrise is a great place to work. You get such a rush from hearing so many different stories from the residents that live their. All the employees work well together as well. It's all about the elderly.
Great Company
Care Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 5, 2013
It was great when I was there, but I was only part time. I cant say much more.
sunrise is a place to work. it makes you learn how to apreciate life.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 4, 2013
Pros: yes free lunch during staff meetings
Cons: lunch breaks in other to do an effective job
meeting with co-workers and working together to achieve optimum care.
i learn that being a sinior dose not make one less of a person.
management is very understanding, will work with staff.
continuation of care is the priority.
the hardest job is a patient in pain.
enjoyable part of the job is meeting with the patients needs.
food is great quality, many activities, music & books.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Park Ridge, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: pays for a portion of school
Cons: hard to give personal attention to so many patients at 1 time
I respect Sunrise for the way they uphold their patients with such dignity in their facilities. They are very conscientious about the quality of their food & cleanliness. I would recommend this particular assisted living facility to anyone who would need this kind of service.
Exciting
Care Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: being able to care for others
Cons: seeing one expire
I have learned a lot on how to care of the Senior Community, enjoyed my co-workers that were on my shift we worked together as a team at all times. I feel that the hardest part of this job was seeing seniors expire. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to bring a smile to a resident and care for them esp when they feel they have no one else – more... to turn to. A typical day at work was as soon as I arrived I cared for my residents took care of their laundry and other household duties. Prepared them for meals, activities, well as some one on one time. Also prepared them for sun downing and bed. – less
Wonderful place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Severna Park, MDSeptember 30, 2013
A lot of really nice people
allowed for schedule changes
Enjoyed the work
Fun with the elderly
Lead Care Manager / Medication Care Manager (Former Employee), Exton, PASeptember 23, 2013
Sunrise Assisted Living not only promotes individualized care but also various levels of assistance. This profession is resident focused and tailored to individualized needs.
nice place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee), Lorton, VASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: niuce place to work
nice place to work. clean and safe environment, Learned a lot of things working here.
produtive and fun
Care Giver (Former Employee), Hemet, CASeptember 23, 2013
co workers were awesome, the job was hard at times but we pulled together and worked as a team to get done what we needed
Terribly stressful workplace
care manager (Former Employee), stamford,CTSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: residents are wonderful
Cons: everything else
Dont work here!!!! Your better off being someones housekeeper. You literally do everything in the building as a care manager. And worst off is u are terribly unappreciated. All sunrise cares about is making money!
The worst place I have EVER worked!!!!
CNA (Former Employee), Decatur,GeorgiaSeptember 9, 2013
Cons: awful
The management is horrible.The employees are lazy. As long as you are sitting in the office fake laughing and talking about other employees you doing great. Not to mention that poor alzheimers residents are soaked with urine and feces that has dried on them for hours. At meal times there are ants fruit flies and cockroaches crawling all over. The pay – more... is not very good and the benifits cost way to much to pay.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE TO SUNRISE OF DECATUR – less
great learning experience!
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Edmonds, WASeptember 8, 2013
encouraging to learn more, excellent working environment! I learned how to be a caring nurse in this company! management works with the rest of the staff members.
Elder care covering independent - assisted - and special care living
Senior Living The Quadrangle (Former Employee), Haverford, PASeptember 7, 2013
The residents in the dementia unit were extremely wonderful people, as were their family members.
I thoroughly enjoyed worked with the residents one on one and in group.
fun work place
Assistant activites coordanator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: the residents
day starts at 10am-6pm
how to deal with damention
co-workers was awsome
job wasnt bad
just dealing with the residents
A great place to work with good helpful, caring people.
Maintenance Director (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: seeing the joy in the residents faces when i helped them or conversed with them about their lives.
Cons: none!
This was a very fast paced place to work. However; I enjoyed helping and being with the residents. It was a meaningful time in my life that made me more aware of my own future years and what they might be like.
Typical
Concierge (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great residents
A company that cares about values, but lacks in training their employees to the standard that one would expect at a senior living facility.

About Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise Senior Living’s unique resident-centered services are delivered by a team trained to encourage independence, preserve – Read more

Sunrise Senior Living Photos