SunRun

SunRun Employer Reviews

Fun work enviornment
Field Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Delano, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible.
Cons: criticism
This job is great. Its perfect for college student because you can work around college classes. The only problem is your pay really depends on the prospects. it is commission based; however you could be a great salesman and hardly get sales.
Growing Solar Company that is inovative
Field Marketing Representative/ Canvasser (Current Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: set my own schedule
Cons: my region is not full supported yet
Must be flexible and maintain a adaptable attitude in this growing company that strives to be innovative and provide the best products and service to it's customers. I have worked with some of the best management teams with Sunrun. They are inspiring and provide great tools for growth and advancement.

What can be difficult in working for a growing company is the unknown and patience for new systems to roll out working the kinks out.
I started at the bottom and was promoted over my boss.
Canvassing Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working outside
Cons: pay, stability, hours, product, sales process
This was door to door sales. When I started as a canvasser my only job was to qualify houses for SunRun's solar energy program and set appointments for the closers. I did this well enough that I got promoted over the team leaders to be canvassing manager after only 7 weeks on the job.

When I got the promotion I became the third canvassing manager in three months. I quickly learned why. Even though I took my department from meeting less than 90% of goal to 128% of goal, no sales were being completed. Canvassing manager compensation depended on closed deals but the closers, over whom the canvassing manager had no control, were not closing deals.

I don't think I can blame this on the closers, who seemed motivated and competent. I think the major problem was the door-to-door process. I conducted a focus group of people who said "no" to us and discovered that even when they made appointments with the canvassers they hated the door-to-door approach. Several said they would probably buy a solar service, either from SunRun or a competitor, but they would do it online and not from a door-to-door salesman.

The whole office, canvassers and closers together, was shut down in January 2019.

As a canvasser I only worked 30 to 40 hours per week. As Canvassing manager I worked 60+ hours per week.

The hardest part of the job was firing non-performing employees.