SunRun Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
LEAD TECH (Former Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAJune 29, 2016
Great Place to work . Not enough jobs to satisfy 40 hours a week.
Great co-workers. Good working conditions. organize workflow. The company provided proper tools,material, and transportation. Manager is not proactive, never greets employees. Ever installer is treated like a number instead of an asset to the company by the manager at the N Hollywood Branch.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No perks and lack of work
Productive and fun work place
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
Productive and fun work place amazing co-workers. Very friendly environment, especially since everyone was at work by 5 AM!
Low hourly wage
Lead Installer (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 26, 2016
Compensation lacks much to be desired for amount of work out put expected. Long hours leave little time for family in session with low compensation.
Productive place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 24, 2016
I loved the atmosphere at this job. It was nice to work somewhere where the different departments worked well with one another to make sure that the customer's needs were being met.
Pros
company treated us to bagels once a week
Cons
There were no open positions that met my needs after my temporary employment was completed.
Great company to work for
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 21, 2016
This job is long hrs but rewarding. A little under staffed. If you connect with the right people you can learn an amazing trade. Management on the mid level could use some training but everyone seems motivated for a common goal. Training could be better. What you learn in a week has nothing to do with your actual field installation. There are some really good foreman and leads who will answer any and all questions to help you advance. If your not advancing in this company its because you arent working hard and learning your trade. Biggest problem is hiring people who dont like hard work. Very fast paced, if you have trouble retaining alot of info, you will struggle.
Pros
Amazing co workers, fun job, decent pay.
Cons
Most new hires lack motivation and drive.
Disconnected / Cultural Crash
Residential Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2016
The culture has evolved to treating employees the same as the commodity Sunrun sells, just a number. It is a hit the numbers at all cost approach led by Chief Sales Officer who seems more focused on creating a team of minions hooked on his every word than creating a professional sales team. Turnover amongst the sales force is incredibly high, customers are subjected to sales presentations by inexperienced newbies, as any professional salesperson intent on customer satisfaction and growing a business would never stay here.

HQ is disconnected from the actual "on the street/ in the trenches" reality. They seem to think "it we say it, it makes it so"
Not worth it
Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2016
Management doesn't care about you only while your in training. They make everything look good in training as well. Good benefits but not worth it
Pros
Free lunches in training
Cons
Everything else
Very fun place to at.
Solar Sales Representative and Assessor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 13, 2016
My experience with Sunrun was a great experience my fellow employee's are fun and very smart people plus very intelligent as for management they were great and very understanding.
Pros
One of our work tools was a Air pro apple tablet.
Cons
too many location's
unorganized
Fontana, Ca - Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 3, 2016
lack organizational skills. You never get your schedule at a decent time you get a schedule for 1 week 2 days prior to the start of the new schedule.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
need better scheduling
Too much requirements
Field Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 27, 2016
This company wants people to do way too much, for $15 an hour they really are pushing the limits. They want people to give up there days off for conference calls and team meetings, its annoying.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Way too much is required.
Could use more organization
PV Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 23, 2016
Great people and fun environment. Overall company cold be more efficient and proactive. Processes constantly change and theres always a one off thing. The tools don't work as intended and getting things fixed is hard to do. Communication is a factor aswell.
Pros
decent pay and fun activities outside of work
Cons
disorganied completely.
Please Save the Heart Ache
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2016
Promises promises Promises....If you want to be a machine and have no life this is the place. They promise to train...thats a joke. One week crash course in San Luis Obispo unless you have solar experience you are probably screwed. Self serving middle and upper management you are just a pawn. They promise to let you be you and that they hired you because you are unique and they want you to be a part of their family....Trust me you are just filling a seat.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent work environment
Inside Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2016
Sunrun has assmebled the best group of inside sales consultants. Amazing team culture, high energy, delivering results for the business. Very fun sales environment
OK for a while
Solar Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 9, 2016
Constantly changing company with zero job security. Top Managers seem to have no idea what they are doing and obsess over fake numbers generated by the CRM software that has been incorrectly programmed. Some of the incompetence within the company is stunning. I heard this:" It's incredible! Why do we do so many more sales at the end of the month compared to the beginning?" I mean seriously, how long have you been in sales? Fun to work there but you have to look over your shoulder at all times. Downstream of your sale it seems that all they want to do is cancel your sale. Your manager will say he will help but has no idea how to fix anything. I have a feeling the owner would be horrified if she knew.
Pros
Friendly and fun atmosphere - great colleagues- great benefits
Cons
Constantly changing expectations, massive turnover of staff, contradictory goals. Inept post-sales customer management
Sales and Marketing Specialist with Consumers.
Retail Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lss Vegas Retail OutletsApril 8, 2016
Productive instore representative. Met weekly goals for appointment setting for Solar Panel Consultation. Had consistent closin ratios of proposed Solar Installations. Ranked in top 10 % of companies production level Nationally.
Pros
Good Traffic met Consultation Sales Goals. In top 10%.
Cons
Not many problems.
productive, fun, great team
Lead Solar Installer (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 6, 2016
Start work at 6.30am load up trucks and trailers with equipment, we serviced the whole of san luis obispo, long 12 hour days on the roof, management is great, co workers are hard workers and enjoyable to be around mostly.
Great place
Field Energy Advisor, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 30, 2016
Excellent management and business model, there are ample opportunities for advancement in the company. The operation boasts of being the best in the industry and they represent that title very well. I would highly recommend this as an entry level sales/marketing job in a really noble and rapidly expanding industry.
Great place to work but management sucks
installer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 17, 2016
I love working for sunrun. Its a great company and i love there values. But Fresno branch is another story. Management is on a power trip and don't know how to manage anything just point finger. They don't lead or help out just make little things it big things. If you love long day then this job is prefect. They dont let you know when you will work weekend until Saturday morning. Fresno waste so much money. If this was my business i would have a cow on how they lost so much money. They make you work over time one day and the next you wont have anything to do. But you still get paid your hours tho. I love sunrun but this branch needs to be run different.
Pros
Pay and benefits and easy
Cons
no advancement and everything else
Canvasser
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 15, 2016
Do not work for this company, if you do not make enough sales they will fire you and let you go. And the managers are terrible not training at all.
Learned a plethora of knowledge about solar.
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2016
On a day to day basis, I feel as though I learned a lot. In three months and no understanding of how solar was installed, I became knowledgeable enough to install a system on my own from start to finish. I worked with a great crew, top 3 out of 30 in the company. Being basically a new crew entirely, compared to those who were there for a year, I feel proud to say we did a great job. Hardest part of the job was getting everything up the ladder. Management was great, made sure we had a job everyday, always came to the job site to see how we were doing, let alone managed about 15 crews on his own.
Pros
Paid for 8, if day was cut short for some reason.
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunRun. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8