SunServe is a model 501(c)(3) nonprofit social service agency serving the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) community in South Florida. We provide high quality, compassionate, and progressive care for all, including those in financial need, minorities, youth, seniors, families, and those with life-challenging physical or emotional conditions. We also perform numerous education and outreach projects.
We're looking for an amazing all star to be a key member in our Youth Program Team.
Position Title: LGBTQA Youth Group Coordinator
Min Position Requirements: Enrolled in College/ Prefer College Graduate
Reports to: Director of Youth Services
Position Hours: Part-Time 20-25 Hours/Week $10.00/hr
The ideal candidate for this position will posses
- Group Facilitation Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Events & People Coordination Experience
- Organized Nature
- Self-Motivation and Self-Directed
- Fast Learner & Worker
- Punctual and Dependable
- Can Work Independently as well as with a Group
- Passionate about Enriching the Lives of LGBTQA Young People
- High Energy, Compassionate & Cheerful
Position Will Entail
- Cultivation and Nurturing of 5+ LGBTQA Youth Groups. Including dropping of flyers to local resources, hanging posters etc.
- Schedule mini-presentations to local youth groups such as GSAs about SunServe Youth Programs.
- Schedule mini-presentations to local youth serving agencies about SunServe Youth Programs.
- Screen, interview and oversee volunteers & adult advisors.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Screen and schedule once a month youth group guest speakers and presenters.
- Maintain contact with Adult Advisors from all Youth Groups.
- Plan and coordinate a quarterly Adult Advisor Gathering.
- Plan activities for Broward County's only LGBTQA Drop in Center "The Rainbow Room" such as movie night, crafts nights, yoga, self-defense classes etc.
- Once a week travel to a different Satellite Youth Group to check in & pick up surveys/sign in sheets. (Southwest Ranches, Coral Springs and Hollywood)
- Attend regular fundraising events with SunServe such as Pride Events, Stonewall, Aids Walk etc.
As well as additional responsibilities as required.
Applicant must be passionate about LGBTQ youth advocacy! The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking in front of a group as well as facilitating dialog with youth. Solid knowledge of internet navigation and research as well as social media outlets such as Facebook, Constant Contact & Wordpress. Candidate must be a fast learner with excellent people skills. Must have own vehicle as local travel will be required.
To Apply - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This is a high responsibility and challenging position however very rewarding. It will be PERFECT for the right person who desires to learn and grow with an amazing organization.
No phone calls!
Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter.
In the cover letter please detail how your experience/drive/passion meets the requirements.
You MUST submit a detailed cover letter in order to be considered.
To learn more about SunServe please visit www.sunserve.org