Location: Los Angeles County/San Fernando Valley
The Hospice NP is an experienced registered professional nurse who can assess the eligibility of potential hospice patients, initiate and coordinate the hospice care plan and provide assessments and interventions appropriate for the patient’s terminal diagnosis. The NP participates in patient care as needed. The NP provides a clear assessment of the needs of patients, as described in this position description, who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. The NP conducts assessments and evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and caregiver.
- Performs comprehensive nursing assessments.
- Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
- Initiates plan of care as needed.
- Coordinates as needed, all services provided to patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as appropriateness of care.
- Provides direct Face to Face visits to referred patients and patients already receiving hospice services; contacts physician for update on patient’s eligibility and clinical status.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, and readily accepts new admissions and emergency assignments as requested.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
- Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings, and patient care conferences.
- Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
- Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing.
Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License within the state of employment. MSN or Doctoral Degree required. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing is a plus.
Minimum of one-year experience as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, end of life care experience preferred
Valid driver's license and auto insurance required.
Full Time/Part Time