SUNSET LOGISTICS Employee Reviews

not a good place at all
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 9, 2017
you got to be kidding me.pay sucks,you will do work you don''t get payed for,mechanics are the laziest i've ever seen.they keep promising more money but it aint happening.breakdown pay? ha! fill out a time card and will pay you.bull!get a clean dot inspection and we'll give you a 25 dollar gift card.bull! trucks are junk,trailer are junk.please do yourself a favor don't waste your time.i got my 90 days in so i could keep my sign on bonus,but now i'm out of here drivers that have been there over 6 years have left because the money is not there STAY AWAY
Pros
home daily
Cons
where do i start?
Excellent pay
CLASS A DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMay 2, 2017
Excellent pay and benefits! Company is great to work for all around...like any company...as time goes on things get improved. The work environment is great and everybody is wonderful. Out of everywhere i have worked Sunset I can say they are a top notch place to work! I will say my first few years were frustrating but constant improvements have taken place over the years where i now will never leave! VERY GOOD MONEY!
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours can vary
Ok
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work as long as it's busy, about as regular of a normal work schedule that you can get for driving a truck. Pretty good money when it's busy but very slow when the weather is bad.
I would not recommend this company to anyone after way i was treated
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 30, 2017
good employees in office side/payroll/ and shop ,help is quality ++,but the management and safety needs to be re-evaluated by the owner!! force ya to run but when things go awry....they aint got your back!! very misleading group,nice people but not trustworthy.
Pros
pay was great
Cons
management
Bad experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXNovember 28, 2016
Worked hard came in when needed and did my job but received the impression I was not valued as an employee. Accused of being on phone while driving and terminated without a chance to defend my self
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Micromanager terminal manager who gave me the impression I was not wanted there.
stressful work invirment , weather depeneing
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2016
great towork for if you dont want to make any money . company really dosent caRE for its employees like they say they do . works slow when the company brings in so many outside drivers
Pros
Cons
worthless employers
Great place to work and on the leading edge of their industry
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 28, 2016
If your're a driver and you are looking for a place to make a career then Sunset is the place. Safety and compliance is a top priority as well as customer satisfaction.
Pros
Top Pay and innovation.
Cons
Nothing that can't be resolved.
ok place to work but started changing management alot.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2016
Was a good place to work but changed mgnt and alot of the rules and lost benefits.
I topped out on pay scale and could'nt make anymore money.
coworkers were good but alot left when mgnt.started to change
hard part of job working 12 hrs a day 6 days a week.
enjoyable part of job was coworkers.
Pros
good people
Cons
too many mgmt changes, not enough pay
busy
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILAugust 15, 2016
busy rewarding
not sure what else to say
good pay
6 days a week
management is ok
holidays included bu usually work up to them etc
Great Pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
Great company work for. No trucking company in San Antonio can beat what this company has to offer. Guaranteed $850, and all you have to do is show up?
Pros
Guarnteed Pay
Enjoyable and fun work place, friendly mgt.
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 27, 2016
wish i could have stayed longer with the company but work just got to slow. I enjoyed helping with the hiring of all the drivers. I helped fill in all positions for two terminals one in New Braunfels and San Antonio location.
If you work hard this company works for you
Class A CDL OTR semi driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 28, 2016
The staff was like a second family to us as team drivers. We got a microwave and refrigerator and very generous sign-on as well as productivity bonuses. When my mom almost died they gave me time off, no questions asked. I would absolutely recommend this company.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great $$ and perks, friendly and knowledgeable staff that works with you in crises, lots of miles
Biggest joke around
Driver/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
where to start, junk equipment,shade tree doesn't even begin to describe this company the run numerous different "companies " to protect themselves from the liability when something happens they overwork and under pay and DO NOT CARE ABOUT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FROM your work/home balance safety anything several people have gotten seriously injured nothing has been done to prevent the same thing from happening over and over they only care about the bottom dollar. truly a joke of a company management is even worse.. don't drive here the money isn't worth your life or health..
Pros
None.
Cons
to many to list
Bad company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2016
First, they tell me I am hired. Tell me to show up to orientation tomorrow! I told them I need to give my company two weeks notice. They tell me they need my tomorrow. So I gave no notice to my old employer. Went and did my DOT physical and drug screen. Show up for a 3 hour orientation. They did not ask for any direct deposit information. At the end of orientation, they tell me they do not have an employee number for me yet. They will have one on Monday. At 3pm on Monday I try and call. No answer. Left a message. Tuesday comes and they tell my my driving record does not show I have a CDL. (I have had one for 17 years) They tell me maybe my medical card information is not up to date with the DMV. I went to the DMV. My medical information has been and is up to date. They tell me they will look into it. Wednesday comes and goes and I do not hear anything back! Very odd that they said I was hired before they get all the proper information. Good thing I had other hooks in the water. I had two other trucking companies not have any problems with getting the proper information. Tried calling multiple times, no one answers the phone. Very odd company.
Pros
Can not think of any.
Cons
Tell you are hired. Only to find out that you are not.
job was okay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 10, 2015
I worked their 4 yrs 2 months once u get to certain pay range they look for reason to get rid of you working everyday and being on time doesnt matter to them I would go in 2am in the morning work14 hrs everyday they didnt appreciate it at all they have big turn over rate because they cant get pay right .
Pros
made good money
Cons
no communcation with drivers
Terrible Management/Life work balance
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
I have been here over 9 months and within those 9 months 3 terminal mangers have came through. each manager lacks the leadership and management abilities. They control their drivers like scum underneath their shoes or a totaltarian dictatorship. They have an unbelievable turnover rate here in San Antonio while managers have a mentality of believing if you don't like my rules we will replace you while constantly threatening pay as a control tactic although you get more loads than anyone else. We started out making 1300 to 1500 a week working 5 to 5 1/2 days a week and that has rapidly declined to 800 to 1000 a week working 6 days a week 66 1/2 hours and people still can't get their full paychecks. They promise you a permanent truck but slip seat you for months on end and once you are given an assigned truck they end up assigning it to someone else usually a new driver who they favor more. They have a no cell phone even hands free policy, and a two way camera management loves to waste their day away watching instead of worrying about managing the company right. They don't value the drivers and play too many games... Do yourself a favor go elsewhere.
Pros
guarantee pay if available 6 days a week
Cons
no work family balance, terrible management, long hours
driver
driver (Current Employee) –  new braunfelsSeptember 6, 2015
deliver bulk cement and fly ash to customer located in texas, maintain trucks and keep up with maintenance. communicate with customers on a daily basis.
safe work all day 12 hr all about drivers cash every week
driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
great place, to work, nice pay, great home time. 12 hrs day drive late model international trucks short and long runs dirt roads
buissnes ethics
victom of unkept trucks (Former Employee) –  san antonioJuly 1, 2015
cant pay there bills for damage there trucks cause although they are great liars and great at passin the buck and run around
Good Workplace/ Poor management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, illinoisJune 23, 2015
Start out the day making sure trucks and drivers are out on the road. Must be self motivated, management doesnt help much. Have to learn as you go and hope you understand it. Most enjoyable part is working with the drivers but that can be the worst part as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUNSET LOGISTICS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9