SUNSET LOGISTICS Employee Reviews in United States

Great Pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
Great company work for. No trucking company in San Antonio can beat what this company has to offer. Guaranteed $850, and all you have to do is show up?
Pros
Guarnteed Pay
Enjoyable and fun work place, friendly mgt.
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 27, 2016
wish i could have stayed longer with the company but work just got to slow. I enjoyed helping with the hiring of all the drivers. I helped fill in all positions for two terminals one in New Braunfels and San Antonio location.
If you work hard this company works for you
Class A CDL OTR semi driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 28, 2016
The staff was like a second family to us as team drivers. We got a microwave and refrigerator and very generous sign-on as well as productivity bonuses. When my mom almost died they gave me time off, no questions asked. I would absolutely recommend this company.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great $$ and perks, friendly and knowledgeable staff that works with you in crises, lots of miles
Biggest joke around
Driver/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
where to start, junk equipment,shade tree doesn't even begin to describe this company the run numerous different "companies " to protect themselves from the liability when something happens they overwork and under pay and DO NOT CARE ABOUT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FROM your work/home balance safety anything several people have gotten seriously injured nothing has been done to prevent the same thing from happening over and over they only care about the bottom dollar. truly a joke of a company management is even worse.. don't drive here the money isn't worth your life or health..
Pros
NONE.
Cons
to many to list
Bad company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2016
First, they tell me I am hired. Tell me to show up to orientation tomorrow! I told them I need to give my company two weeks notice. They tell me they need my tomorrow. So I gave no notice to my old employer. Went and did my DOT physical and drug screen. Show up for a 3 hour orientation. They did not ask for any direct deposit information. At the end of orientation, they tell me they do not have an employee number for me yet. They will have one on Monday. At 3pm on Monday I try and call. No answer. Left a message. Tuesday comes and they tell my my driving record does not show I have a CDL. (I have had one for 17 years) They tell me maybe my medical card information is not up to date with the DMV. I went to the DMV. My medical information has been and is up to date. They tell me they will look into it. Wednesday comes and goes and I do not hear anything back! Very odd that they said I was hired before they get all the proper information. Good thing I had other hooks in the water. I had two other trucking companies not have any problems with getting the proper information. Tried calling multiple times, no one answers the phone. Very odd company.
Pros
Can not think of any.
Cons
Tell you are hired. Only to find out that you are not.
job was okay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 10, 2015
I worked their 4 yrs 2 months once u get to certain pay range they look for reason to get rid of you working everyday and being on time doesnt matter to them I would go in 2am in the morning work14 hrs everyday they didnt appreciate it at all they have big turn over rate because they cant get pay right .
Pros
made good money
Cons
no communcation with drivers
driver
driver (Current Employee) –  new braunfelsSeptember 6, 2015
deliver bulk cement and fly ash to customer located in texas, maintain trucks and keep up with maintenance. communicate with customers on a daily basis.
safe work all day 12 hr all about drivers cash every week
driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
great place, to work, nice pay, great home time. 12 hrs day drive late model international trucks short and long runs dirt roads
buissnes ethics
victom of unkept trucks (Former Employee) –  san antonioJuly 1, 2015
cant pay there bills for damage there trucks cause although they are great liars and great at passin the buck and run around
Good Workplace/ Poor management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, illinoisJune 23, 2015
Start out the day making sure trucks and drivers are out on the road. Must be self motivated, management doesnt help much. Have to learn as you go and hope you understand it. Most enjoyable part is working with the drivers but that can be the worst part as well
Sunset logistics in San Antonio Texas is a joke..
end dump driver (Former Employee) –  san antonio txApril 15, 2015
This company is a joke the don't want to pay you your salary or miles I have been waiting for two pay checks for over 6 weeks now.Drivers beware DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IT IS A JOKE...
Pros
none.
Cons
Don't like to pay employees.
Good driving experience with friendly people
Semi -Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2015
A typical day of work is a lot of driving to various new areas of the eastern, western and some southern areas of the united states.
Pros
Lots of traveling to new places.
Cons
not a lot of home time without requesting it
Fun, interesting, great people,
Aggreate Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXNovember 11, 2013
Sunset is a great company to work for it was a pleasure to have worked for them as I learn a whole different type of work an atmosphere, it was a challenge at first but with in no matter of time i fell in love with the fact that i had a great control of my drivers, in keeping the customers happy, in completing my short goals as a good dispatcher.
Pros
challenge, good people
Cons
corporate was in another city
same as dillon resources
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2013
same as dillon resources. great trucking company, good environment, staff, training program and co-workers
great place to work and learn new things
Bulk Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 16, 2013
try to do the best by getting the Cement loads on time to the customers. great team work with my co- workers always trying to take the right decisions to make our customers satisfied.
Productive and fun work place.
Cement Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXMay 14, 2013
Very interesting job would have new challanges each day which result in a productive day. Learned how to work under pressure and contiune to be productive..Work well with others always kept a great line of communication.I didn't look at my job as been hard.
I enjoyed my job as I interacted with the drivers and others
Pros
received free lunch at varies times from vendors and others.
Good Miles but expected to run illegal.
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 6, 2013
This company expects to run you 11+ hours of driving time a day. Management has extremely poor attitude and leaves drivers high and dry when it comes to following DOT regulations. Expect to pay all tolls out of own pocket (company says they reimburse but rarely does).

Check out their CSA score and it will speak for itself.
Pros
pay (not including toll reimbursement)
Cons
pushes driver to run illegal, management attitude aggressive/poor.

2.9