SUNSET MANOR

SUNSET MANOR Employer Reviews

The peers were kind, good people
CNA (Former Employee), Jenison, MIJune 21, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no moving forward, short staffed
I loved working at Sunset and felt they do want the best for their residents. The only thing was even if you do a great job and have great reveiws there is no advancement. If you start on a 2nd shift job you can plan on staying there until you retire.
Very nice
IV/LPN Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Frontenac, KSJune 17, 2014
Employers and peer staff all exceptional and helpful Patient care #1.
The hardest part of the job, at first, was remembering pt. and staff names..
The most enjoyable part, as always, is the love and laughter that geriatric patients give and receive.
Low moral
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Innisfail, ABMarch 28, 2014
Pros: spending time with residents
Cons: moral, lack of compassion
Each day is met with a smile. All my co-workers are very dedicated but most lack compassion. I learn from my residents every day whether it be personal or medical. But I get upset when I hear them tell me stories or being rushed or forced to do things. When complaints are reported nothing gets done. I just keep apologizing to them about my co-workers – more... professionalism.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the Residents smile or laugh. If I can make them feel loved and cared for them I feel I have done my job. It is about them. Making them feel important and wanted. And not treat it like it is 'Just a J.O.B'. – less
This is a lively place to work.
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Brush, COSeptember 19, 2013
I enjoyed working here because I had the necessary skills. Working here was enjoyable because the employees really have a open personality.
enjoyable work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee), 129 E. Clay St. Irene, South Dakota. 57037August 24, 2013
Pros: very friendly
Cons: health insurance
go in and start cooking breakfast. get supplies ready for the day. prepare meals, and salads and desserts. check production sheets to get ready for next shift. learned how to be more organized.The employees are great and friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning everyones names, likes and dislikes.Best part was seeing the smiles when they enjoyed – more... their meal. – less
Productive in growth in my career
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Frontenac, KSJuly 22, 2013
Pros: feeling appreciated.
Cons: stress
Assessment of residents and reporting findings to doctors. Management was approachable and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of being a nurse is when you lose a resident even though you have done everything in their behalf. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have been a blessing to my residents.
Great place to work .lots of fun and wonderful job..
CNA-CRA (Former Employee), KSJune 23, 2013
Pros: the cna, and the restortive and some nurses are wonderful.
Cons: cant say on here .
great owners ,wonderful kitchen staff,residents get all they need as for food and snacks ,great activites,great pay .D.O.N is great. ,for certin staff,love the Restortive Program . CNAS<3 .CNAs are the best you could ask for .Hard <3 work but worth the job as residents love the staff cnas.
Overall it is a very nice place to work except the staffing issues.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Irene, SDAugust 30, 2012
Pros: a very nice place to work
Cons: way to short on staff
My day starts at 6:00 a.m. We get everybody up and out to breakfast by 7:30. After breakfast we help those that need it with
everyday living things. 11:30 is dinner time and we assist those that need help serving themselves. We lay quite a few residents down for an afternoon rest and my day ends at 2:00 p.m.
nice staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee), El Monte, CAAugust 28, 2012
wonderful staff, not very clean, patient care should be taken more seriously
nursing home type facility
cook (Former Employee), Woodstock, IllinoisMarch 2, 2012
i enjoy cooking, so this was an enjoyable job for me. serving and talking with the residents was also an enjoyable part of my job.
Assited Living Facility
LPN (Former Employee), Innisfail, ABMarch 4, 2013
Pros: they had entertainment programs for the residents during holidays and we were able to enjoy it too.
Cons: need it to be more organized and have more in services.
I was taking care of 43 clients, with medications, ointments, eye drops, insuline injections, glucose testing, catheter insertions, dressings, VS, colections of samples, transferin, bathing. It was a fast paced environment, working with the other health team members and the resident`s family. It was alo rewarding when the residents were happy and in – more... good health. – less