Sunset Transportation, Inc. is a leader in Third Party Logistics (3PL) and freight audit, payment and reporting services. For almost 25 years, we have been helping our clients save on transportation costs by enhancing efficiencies, leveraging our buying power, and maximizing technology. We are a privately-held company with strong cultural values that operates in a family-oriented environment. We do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer and take pride in being easy to do business with. Our advanced proprietary technology systems offer clients quick visibility to their transportation data in order to make informed decisions regarding their supply chain.
A branch office of Sunset located in Grand Haven, MI is seeking a qualified individual who is interested in transportation and logistics work, and enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere. As part of this role, this individual will assist in dispatching freight, as well as customer and carrier maintenance, tracking and tracing of shipments. This individual must have experience in customer service and be willing to work in a team environment.
- Schedule and dispatch carriers
- Daily tracking and tracing of active loads in system, ensuring on time pick-up and delivery
- Procure capacity and foster relationships with carrier partners
- Independently identify, generate, and close new sales opportunities through both inside and outside sales
- Maintain updated and current records of accounts through TMS
- Perform some administrative duties
- Willingness to collaborate with brokerage team
- Build and develop thorough understanding of logistics and 3PL industry
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Experience 0-5 years
- Must live in Greater Grand Haven, MI Area, and be willing to work full-time
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of both customer and carrier’s organizations
- Problem solving and strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Highly motivated with an ability to work independently as well as a group setting
- Solid understanding of MS Office, Windows, and basic business software
Competitive salary, paid vacation, health insurance, 401K
With over 20 years of experience, Sunset Transportation is a leader in third party logistics (3PL) and freight audit, payment and reporting...