This full time position would be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the life enrichment program and elder outings for the facility. This person would be the supervisor of life enrichment associates. He or she would be accountable and responsible for making sure that life enrichment activities make sense for elders, give them purpose, and create joy in their lives. This person must have a PASSION to participate in the mission, philosophy, and objectives of Sunset Retirement Communities. If you think you embody all these things, then we want to meet you! Stop in and fill out an application at 9640 Sylvania-Metamora Road in beautiful Sylvania, Ohio. Also see www.sunset-village.org. We are an Eden Alternative Certified Community! (edenalt.org).
Applicant MUST meet one of the following requirements:
(1) Has two years of experience in a social or recreational program
within five years
(2) Is licensed as an Occupational Therapist
(3) Is licensed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant
(4) Is certified by a nationally recognized accrediting body as a
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
(5) Has successfully completed, at minimum, a 90 hour training course covering activities programming from a technical or vocational school, college, university, or other
educational institution, and has one year of experience in recreational or
***Please note that we no longer hire individuals that use tobacco products. EOE.