SUNSHINE HOUSE Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 5, 2016
Great place to work and great people to work with. Would go back if have the opportunity. I love the fact that they come up with activities for the children and their families so that we can all participate. Management is very nice and is willing to work with you if you have any issues. The hardest part of the job is when the children get very tired all at once and get a little cranky. The best part of the job is that you are educating the next generation of adults. Pretty cool.
amazing preschool
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 3, 2016
its an amazing preschool just horrible place to work if your just starting out because the management will tear you apart! and they judge you on everything you do. lots of double standers
I love the Children but..
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy working with the children. However there is a huge turn over rate in teachers, which makes it very hard for the teachers who are dedicated and want to work. Management is unprofessional and not organized.
A day on the job
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I enjoy working at the Sunshine House,but then I would enjoy working anywhere that I am able to impact young lives. My co-workers are like anywhere some great and some you are respectful and polite to but would not look on as friends. Management is okay. Have a great relationship with immediate boss. The pay is lousy for the job that is required by teachers. The most enjoyable part of my day is watching my children learn and grow.
Cons
no healthcare benefits
assistance Teacher
Assistance Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with the kids. But management was not so good, it was hard going to work. You was never recognized for the good things; only the bad things that came about. And when the directors boss came to visit she would only acknowledge the lead teacher, and the pay was bad.
Great company with great rates for families
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  3806 Lawndale Drive Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2016
Management was good here because she is a single mother and has a good heart for single parent families. At this job I learned how to pool resources to help families under my care.
Pros
Reduced child care rate
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Flexible place to work and be a mother
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 22, 2016
Constant busy day with children and learning patience and ways to have fun with children. My co-workers were easy to work with and did a good job with training me. The environment was fun and fast paced but very busy.
Sunshine house
K3 Teacher (Former Employee) –  SCApril 21, 2016
Horrible!!!!!!
management is awful!!!!!
centers are dirty
food is old
they don't care about the kids just the money

I would never send my child there!
You never know when you'll be able to get off work.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING!!!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 28, 2016
prepares sandwiches and other prepared foods
give every customer immediate
please call me
moving soon
moving back to nc soon
Pros
okay
Cons
okay
Smiles
Sunshine House (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 13, 2016
My typical day is busy, busy, busy. I've learned to manage my cooking and serving skills in a timely manner. I enjoy preparing hot delicious meals for the staff and the children at this company. The hardest part is not being able to survive and grow with the income there. The most enjoyable part is my kids and their parents.
Caring environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 11, 2015
High demanding work place with caring management. Interested in personal growth and development. Flexible with school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow.
Productive and fun work place, where children are given the opportunity to learn through exploring
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2013
Working at the Sunshine House has helped me build confidence and has taught me the importance of customer loyalty. A typical day at work would entail using time wisely, implementing activities, one on one teacher and child interaction and maintaining a clean and safe environment throughout the day. My supervisor as taught me the importance f time management and has actually given me motivation to work harder as teacher and individual as well. The most enjoyable part was being able to observe how children grow and learn through exploring. Working at the Sunshine House has helped me build existing relationships with the children, their parents, and my team members (co-teachers), which created new ones.
Pros
appraisals and commendments from parents, the love that i recieved from the children and thier parents
Cons
turnovers within the industry
Loving and caring job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working at The Sunshine House. I enjoyed the children and my co workers were very caring and supportive.
Fulfilling job experience workin with children
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 28, 2015
A typical work day begins about an hour and a half before children's arrival with "set-up". All of the equipment, toys and snacks would be prepared at that time. After everything was prepared the teachers would look over the daily lesson plans to make sure they had all of the necessary supplies for the day ahead. Once the children arrived the day would progress through its usual schedule. About an hour before the children were expected to be picked up for departure, the staff would begin cleaning and putting away things while the kids played in there respective zones. Once all of the kids were gone, the staff would depart.
Pros
flexible hours, great staff
Cons
long standing periods, lack of organization
productive and enjoyment
lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCMarch 31, 2015
my typical work day work was good. I learned how to multitask, be quick on my feet and become a better teacher. The director was a great to work up under. She was caring and very understanding. My co workers was outstanding and great team players. The hardest part about my job was the non constituency. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the children and watching them learn and grow
Pros
best director
Cons
challenging upper management
Fun place to work
School-Age Teacher/ Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia SCJune 2, 2015
i love my job because of the children that i work with, but there is no room for advancement. been a teacher going on 3 years now and nothing is changing (income based wise).
Pros and Con
Floater/Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  CharlotteDecember 9, 2014
I enjoy the kids. Enjoyed coworkers. I have some good friends at work. Management can be unfair at times.
Pros
paid hoildays
Cons
no advancements, low pay
The job was very stressful not because of the duties. The overall struture of management in how they handled issue within the organization of the comp
School Age Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 16, 2012
I enjoy working with the children and their parents buildung rapport with them and implementing daily lesson plans to facilitate the curriculm. A tyipical day was working and teaching the children new ways of learning through play.
For example learning A.B.C's playing the letter game and singing song relating to fruits and vestables.
The co-worker were great individuals who cared deeply for the children and working as a team player.
The hardest part was getting teacher time to plan. However, management was forever changing in order to be consistent with teachers needs.
Pros
i love being a caregiver and teaching children.
Cons
time management.
Fun Workplace
Three Year Old Teacher (Former Employee) –  In a classroomNovember 30, 2011
This was a great job for a college student or someone right out of high school. This job taught me alot about how I would raise my child as I got older.
Pros
you earned respect from the children after awhile
Cons
no benefits, and some children were unruly.
long hrs. not enough pay
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCApril 13, 2015
I did not enjoy working here too much favoritism and long work hours with low pay. some of the management were rude!!! don't care about employees at all

2.7