Sunshine Employee Reviews

Extremely flexible schedule, management is very nice.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Due to the nature of the tutoring position, there was no central workplace, and I would travel to meet with each student at their house or an agreed upon location. I learned how to effectively communicate with people better and how to transfer my knowledge of a subject to them. The management is very kind and understanding, and they are very available if you need them. The only bad part of the job would be that occasionally I would get stuck in traffic going around the city on my way to tutor a student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a salaried position
Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2016
This is a Good Company to work for,even though your hours may vary. Co workers are respectful and easy to get along with. the best thing I enjoy about this company is that you get to share your ideas with the CEO personally.
Pros
breaktimes
Cons
benefits, hours
Fun rewarding place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 15, 2016
Being concierge is the best job ever. I get to interact with the residents on a daily basis and encourage them to activities and the dining room. I love being in the middle of everything going on and not just in one particular setting. I have never felt like I had a work family until I started here. Everyone helps each other out and makes sure the task is covered. GREAT place to work and a WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE!!!
Great Place
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LAApril 19, 2016
Great company great people. Town is very little right outside of a military base. the weather is great here do not get that cold.
Pros
office space
Cons
hours
Territory Sales Manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXApril 18, 2016
Specialize in new construction industrial, Construction Sales, Assisted supervisor with special projects, new construction industrial, selling Construction Materials, , insurance restoration, training and coaching, promotions and policies, Coordinates Technician scheduling, Promoted services Construction Sales and Customer Services, marketing, professional recruiting experience, B2B outside sales.
Pros
great income and great team
Best direct support agency in the area
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 17, 2016
Sunshine is a good place to work to start off in direct support, but it should only be a starter job. The workers and management keep the place upbeat and a great work environment. The clients are what keep the employees around. It was a great place compared to some other agencies in the area.
Pros
Double time on holidays, plus bonuses, plus free food every so often
Cons
Long understaffed weekends
It was a good environment.
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2016
Since it was my first experience in US as a software developer,it was a great opportunity.The main person I continually worked with was the manager and she was really very communicating and understanding person.The company is one of the fast growing companies with a clear goal of helping individuals and companies to deal with their technical and behavioural problems thus a great place to work with.
Very fast paced and current with scheduling technologies.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 28, 2016
During a typical day, I am responsible for scheduling for 32 Residential sites and finding short notice coverage due to illness. The hardest part of the job is remembering that everyone doesn't have the same work ethic as I do. I enjoy most the dedication and hard work of the staff that take charge of the role they play in the Individuals lives.
Fun atmososhpere
manager retail (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHDecember 30, 2015
Sunshine was a fun place to work with clients, however the management at Sunshine, showed no help to staff members and did not appreciate the hard workers. The workers had no support from management, office and owner had no personality. Lies were always told to staff members and they did not pay the way they said they were going to. The clients and other staff members were awesome to work with!
Cons
no breaks
good learning grounds and easygoing environment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Nacional, CAAugust 13, 2015
Days at work varies from doing pc work, to going to work in field, everytime learning or improving.

Learned how to treat customers and manage the companies information.

The management is transparent, just and understanding, and
efficient at the job.

Small company, did not have coworkers in my area.

Dealing with difficult people was the hardest part of the job.

Dealing with everyday struggle and growing was the best part of the job.
Pros
neverending opportunities to grow and learn.
Cons
small bussiness hardships.
Great Place to work with great co-workers and staff.
Food Server/maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 23, 2015
Interacted With elderly people on a daily basis. Cleaned rooms including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and moving furniture. Wiped down furniture, walls and windows. ran equipment Including a leaf blower and pressure cooker. picked up trash . Other duties as directed.
Pros
Great people, great co-workers employee lunch discount.
Cons
Short on staff.
Nice place with very nice people
HR Assistant to a Seven Manager Department (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 28, 2015
I worked from 8 to 5 most days. Through my months there working as a Temp I learned how to multi task and work with in a HR department greeting and providing customer service. I enjoy learning so many new skills that managers usually preformed till their replacements were hired. There was not a part of the job that I considered hard.
Pros
Warm, friendly, safe environment
Excellent Company
Executive Offices (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
I have been fortunate for 20+ years to have the founder of The Sunshine Group as my mentor and my friend. Few people get the rare opportunity to work with someone on a day-to-day basis that helped shape how real estate is marketed and sold.
Pros
Every aspect was a pro
Cons
Can't think of any.
Enjoyed working environment and made great friends with coworkers
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 23, 2014
Enjoyed working environment and made great friends with coworkers.
Pros
Mopping, vacuuming, sweeping and dusting.
Cons
I didn't like running the floor waxing machine.
job was decent if you did not have a family life at home
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 20, 2014
many hours available but mandating got ridiculous. I developed greet professional relationships with both clients and employees. just feel their employment turn over was very high. decent pay rates and benefits available for you and your love ones a typical job for someone with out a home family or spouse high amount of hours and mandating
Pros
raises and benefits were good, and you developed great professional relationship with the individuals
Cons
high turn-over for employment
Dedicated scheduler assuring sufficient staffing is provided for all areas within the company.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 3, 2014
Within my department you need to assure the schedule is accurate. You must be able to work in a fast paced area, with the ability to multi-task, deal with inbound and out bound calls. Develop relationships with staff and upper management and develop an ability to not over react and prioritize needs and wants. You have to have the ability to think fast and have the ability to manipulate staffing to assure every area is sufficiently covered. You need to have the ability to make sure staff feel appreciated and that they are a value and cornerstone to the company. You must also have typing and computer skills.
Also a great company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Order packaging material (paper, poly, cartons) from storage as needed.
Visually inspect boxes, cartons and other packaged materials for printing defects.
Load packaging material onto machines in a timely manner to ensure no line stoppages.
Observe operation of equipment and perform necessary adjustments to ensure product specifications are met.
Perform net weight control checks and make equipment adjustments as needed.
Communicate any changes in product flow, equipment malfunctions, shortages or deviations from specifications to Production Supervisor, maintenance or other operators verbally and/or in writing.
Inspect packaging, coding and seals to verify conformance to specifications and performs necessary adjustments to ensure compliance.
Ensure the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
Work with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error.
Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area. Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
Pros
Great company to work
great co-workers
Pre-Drywall prep crew (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2013
get to a job and set everything up. Finished the job load up the truck and on to the next. Great managers, loved the job. didn't like the winter months too much.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Winters
like my job and people i work with, but is a dead end, no chance to advance.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJune 10, 2013
I start with opening paper work and daily close. I text info to BP rep. then I wait on customers as they come in and I clean what ever needs to be cleaned. I talk with my customers and joke around with them to keep them coming back. don't see much of management as I am off before they come in. if they I something extra they want me to do they leave me a note or have the person I am relieving tell me. I get along with all my coworkers, but I don't have to work very much with them, work mostly alone. I thing that is the best part of my job is working alone, if something is done wrong then I no I am to blame and if it goes right then that is all me to.
Pros
working with people
Cons
no advancement or raises
A day at sunshine
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2012
Very unprofessional alot of drama third shift and very stressful best part of the day is leaving no benefits what so ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunshine. Our community is ready to answer.