Sunstate Equipment Employee Reviews

Work here if you want to be lied to
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 19, 2018
Worked as a Lube tech, machines always had problems, data entry system never worked when you needed it to, managers lie to your face, coworkers are untrustworthy, pay is also way too low and the amount of work is way too high.
Pros
Assigned company truck
Cons
Bad managers, lots, faulty tools to do the job, bad training, too short of time to be trained.
Fulfilled the promise
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2018
Was instantly immersed in the culture. One of the Core Values is EMPOWERMENT and if you are wanting to be heard, this is the company for you! I was enlisted to work up a business plan for my group in my first 45 days with the company. I found this invigorating and even more importantly, that my voice and plan were valued. I was also amazed to find that the claims of Job/Work Life balance are truly something that is possible here at Sunstate. I think most all of us want to be optimistic when joining a new company. After many years in this industry, I had held off making a post of this kind to see how I felt a year later. I am well past the one year mark and pleased to say that this is one of the single best employment decisions I have ever made for myself.
Pros
Collaborative Peer group, Many forms of Recognition, Frequent opportunities for Team building, Appealing office space, Many Tenured employees, Right on the Light Rail for mass transit commuters
Cons
Typical Growing Pains, Lengthy Central Phoenix commute for suburban dwellers, But then again, I chose to live in the burbs!
productive fun to be there
INSIDE SALES/ DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 19, 2017
had a great time working for this company! great team work. company has core values everyone followed. great managers very understanding. great pay and hours.
Pros
pay every friday
Cons
short lunches
Amazing work place
On site mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 16, 2017
SunState is a great company, takes time to show the appreciation of the hard work of their employees. With key principles to make the work place a great environment and enjoy to work in.
Pros
Lunches, great people, loyalty
Class A Mechanic/Heavy Equipment/ Class (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 10, 2017
Management team is great to work with. They do provide schooling for equipment that you work on. Nice facility to work in. Great company to work for. Great benefits to boot!
Pros
Great deal on rental equipment if you need.
Cons
you will work 10+ hours a day, but the overtime is great!
advertise core values and management has no morals or integrity
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
hours worked are reasonable. advancement opportunity available. higher you get in company you realize they discriminate and have no integrity. As a manager you have to preach core values but above you they are against you are not female friendly in the branch manager area.
Pros
money
Cons
lack morals and they discriminate against females
Poor management,Low pay, Start times vary.
Rollback Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 22, 2017
Very poor company.They say there big on safety but they never fix what you write up to be fixed.Very low pay and no raises.They tell you one thing and do another while pretending to be your friend..Very poor management and dispatchers have no clue whats going on.
Pros
Out and about in the open with nice scenery at times.
Cons
Pay for your own medical, low pay, poor management, start times vary different everyday
worked in shop
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
not given proper training in equipment, facility manager poorly trained did not like most people had a few fired or transfered only like certain people
Busy and Fun
Lube Tech & Wash Rack (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
I had never worked in the construction industry before I was employed with SunState. I learned a lot in my short time with them, I got to drive a lot of fun and respectably dangerous equipment that gave me more respect for the industry.
Pros
Good hours and Great benefits
Cons
Several employees are not trust worthy
Great company at the national level.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 5, 2016
The company was created by the owner who was mistreated at a previous company he had worked for. Although the company does strive to avoid this type of negative environment, it falls short at the local level. This type totalitarianism leaves many people in fear of losing their jobs if they bother to question any SOP. With a megalomaniac in charge, challenging the status quo will leave a target on your back. This type of treatment goes unnoticed by senior management because the warden knows what senior management looks out for in order to cover it up. If you have the opportunity of being employed at this company beware of local management's two sides. The side they want you to see and the side you will face once employed. The sides are very different.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Great Job, Great Company
Sales Rep/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 1, 2016
I learned a lot with them. such as dispatching customer service, hoe heavy equipment works the functions and use of small equipment. how to meet deadlines appropriately, met lots of people in different types of construction fields. loved my job
Good if you Dont mind changing schedules
Driver (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 28, 2016
Working on your own for the most part, continuously monitored by camera, long hours,early days, being on a rotating oncall shift working late and getting called in the middle of the night.
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
Some management
It's not worth your time working nightcrew
Washrack (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 25, 2016
I worked the swing shift basically your washing everything Day crew didn't wash. And sometimes they leave you about 20 pieces of equipment that need to service and wash so your just waiting for equipment to be done. I was also told during orientation that they promoted within the company instead of hiring outside help. That was a lie. And the pay is unfair they will screw you over and offer you 15 for night crew while everyone on Day crew is earning the same. You should get a 10% bump for working 2nd shift. So think twice about applying. And branch Mgr is a Joke. He says core values are essential to Sunstate but he don't follow it. Try to get on Day crew you have a lot more help.
Pros
You can play loud Music
Cons
Management is straight awful Except for Two.
Terrible company
Top line mechanic (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Nice employees worst upper management they micro manage and no matter how hard u work u are a number and u are and will be replaced, doesn't matter how long u been there. Not a good company!!! Stay away keep looking!!!!
Pros
Employees
Cons
Upper management
Good place to learn the rental business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 27, 2016
Good place to learn the rental business. very fast paced and lots of growth if you want it. long hours but good group. start early end end late if you want to be the best.
Pros
Learn the business and growth if you want it
Cons
nothing to add.
Long days but feel accomplished when going home.
Washrack (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 3, 2016
Washing the equipment and keeping the work area clean, frequently checking what else could be done to keep equipment stocked and ready. Co-workers are attentive and cooperative.
Pros
Sometimes free food and pastries, paid time off, holidays off.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, long days, uncomfortable uniform.
Truck Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 3, 2016
A typical day at Sunstate Equipment would be starting between 4 and 7 am, starting your device, getting your paperwork, inspecting your rig, loading the correct equipment, and getting on the road within a half and hour. Deliver and pickup equipment until dispatch gives you the ok to "shut it down" and go home, usually between 11 and 13 hours.
Cons
Extremely Long Irregular Hours, Difficult to Get Time Off
A good stable employer
Top Line Mechanic Shop (Former Employee) –  txApril 25, 2016
Easy going and a fair work place. Long hours of standing no set time for breaks.Company was to mico managed by corperation. Co-workers were easy to work with and get along good with each other and good comunications.
Pros
Easy work loads
Cons
Not enough training for parts to complete jods at hand
Sunstate Equipment was okay for a temporary employment
Wash bay/custodial (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 13, 2016
I worked in the wash bay cleaning heavy equipment with one other employee. I enjoyed the hard work and learned how to drive many heavy machinery. The hardest part of the job was staying dry. I enjoyed working independently without much supervision.
Pros
Stable work and nice coworkers
Cons
12 hour days with overtime being a must for the job
Great Experince
inside sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I went to work everyday looking forward to helping customers and being efficient. the work place was conducive to my work habits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstate Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.